By dgoett

1 week ago

Stats

• 170 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by dgoett
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).png
    Capture+_2017-11-11-11-56-09 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-10-29-07-54-06 (resized).png

There are 170 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 8 days ago

when i was chasing @tayamo .. i hadnt paid him and if he was the slightest bit crooked he would have said the goods were ready and taken my money but he didnt. Whatever impairment stopped him shipping things certainly didnt make him dishonest. He had every chance to rip me off and he didnt do it.

Hes a good guy in a bad place. Hopefully people closer can rally around and give him some ongoing support.

#152 8 days ago

I think thats becoming a bit clearer now.

#153 8 days ago

Tayamo, I’ve been in your shoes. For 15 years I had a bad addiction to opioids. Did a few years in prison and got clean. I’ve been clean for 8 years now and have gone on to do things with my life I couldn’t imagine were possible. There is light at the end of the tunnel if you fight for it. The whole situation sucks and I feel for both sides.

#154 8 days ago

I received a very nice email from tayamo and he's either shipping me the part or refunding my money by the end of the week [rather have the part].
    He offered an apology and has vowed to make things right.
    I'll be more than happy to change this thread title once we are squared away.

#155 8 days ago

If you read his Facebook page you might see why his life was disintegrating. All you have to do is look at his political statements and that should tell you most all you need to know!!!

#156 8 days ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

If you read his Facebook page you might see why his life was disintegrating. All you have to do is look at his political statements and that should tell you most all you need to know!!!

I haven’t looked at his Facebook page and don’t plan to, but this doesn’t seem like a helpful post.

#157 8 days ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

Is that kind of like palm reading? jkg

#158 8 days ago

Glad to see @tayamo trying to move forward to settle sour deals.

Here's hoping you get your life back on track.

#159 8 days ago

We are a family here. One of our family members is in trouble. He's trying to make it right. Let's find a way to help him rather than shitting on him.

#160 8 days ago

I have a brother who is and has been addicted to pain killers (vic's, perks etc.) and it is not only the physical addiction they contend with, their brains actually get re-wired and the thought process is completely changed and must be dealt with as well. My brothers addiction was not intentional, he was on pain killers for his back for a couple of years before he finally got it fixed. He struggles with it each day and I try to help him as much as I can without enabling him which is hard to do because it's walking a such fine line. He will finally be going into a rehab (day after Thx Giving) where they work with both the physical and psychological aspects so I'm thankful for that everyday. Tayamo is making an effort to correct this situation so lets please bare with him and give encouragement to complete the process of healing. As I stated earlier in this thread, I don't support what he has done but I do support his efforts to get clean and make amends when and where possible. He will have a lonely and hard road ahead of him but it can be done with just a little help from others.

#161 8 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I have a brother who is and has been addicted to pain killers (vic's, perks etc.) and it is not only the physical addiction they contend with, their brains actually get re-wired and the thought process is completely changed and must be dealt with as well. My brothers addiction was not intentional, he was on pain killers for his back for a couple of years before he finally got it fixed. He struggles with it each day and I try to help him as much as I can without enabling him which is hard to do because it's walking a such fine line. He will finally be going into a rehab (day after Thx Giving) where they work with both the physical and psychological aspects so I'm thankful for that everyday. Tayamo is making an effort to correct this situation so lets please bare with him and give encouragement to complete the process of healing. As I stated earlier in this thread, I don't support what he has done but I do support his efforts to get clean and make amends when and where possible. He will have a lonely and hard road ahead of him but it can be done with just a little help from others.

I am glad your brother survived it! I had a friend that did not. Paul did the same thing. He broke his back on a job site and was put on Opioids for pain. He became addicted fairly quick and overdosed. Give your brother all the energy and support you can give and he will emerge from this a better man!

#162 8 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

And depending ....Even sinus or cough meds....Sometimes anything, can make it come back(bad wording but my only way of describing) . I have to hide anything and everything or lock it up. As a precaution. If it's a rough day and it's in the open? It will be gone. Then the cycle starts all over in a way. Stuff you wouldn't even think about too..Like, Ibuprofen even. It has to be handed out. Kratom is another one.... It's taken to try to get the same feeling. And Is sold in a lot of gas stations(depending on state). So, depending, and if you are watching/helping someone it can be hard too....You may already know all of that. Again may depend on the person and how they recover.

Most every one that I know started out in an auto accident or major injury. It goes from there. In my situation, they went through multiple surgeries, and after four years of pain meds. They pretty much just cut them off. So, there is no real rehab after these things. Or wasn't a few years back. Maybe they are controlling it better now. or worse.

And I'm sure that all depends from person to person.

#163 8 days ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

......Kratom is another one.... It's taken to try to get the same feeling. And Is sold in a lot of gas stations(depending on state).

speaking of....... https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/kratom-products-can-kill-you-fda-says-n820801

#164 8 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Update-- got a PM that tayamo has shipped out my parts today and will have a tracking number to me shortly. Things are moving forward.

Glad to hear but wouldnt that have been the easiest thing to do before all this shit came down on him ?

#165 8 days ago

He sold a lot of stuff from the warehouse find for very fair prices over the last year or so. Many playfields, boards, etc. Many happy customers out there.

#167 6 days ago

*final update*
    I have received my parts from @Tayamo. As pictured,as described.
    I wanted to say thanks to those pinsiders that offered to help the situation by offering their parts but I wanted @Tayamo to finish the sale. An accomplishment that was within reach and completed.
    @Tamayo "one step at a time", I wish you the best with lifes struggles and thank you for squaring up.
    -Mike

#168 6 days ago

Tayamo, keep it up. This is positive and a great first step.

Even if it takes a year, keep working through these and communicating with people. You can do this man.

#169 5 days ago

Really good news! Hope things continue to progress for you Tayamo. My brother says that his own feelings of self-worth has been the biggest hurdle he has had to deal with, and that the act of making amends to friends and family has helped and encouraged him the most.

#170 5 days ago

Maybe the title to this thread needs to be changed?

#171 5 days ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

I'll be more than happy to change this thread title once we are squared away

Let me know what you want it changed to and I’ll change it for you when you are ready.

#172 4 days ago

Will do TigerLaw - haven't heard anymore yet.
    Still waiting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7,750.00
    Pinball Machine
    KingPin Games
    $ 24.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Various Other Swag
    Double Danger Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 99.99
    Displays
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 170 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside