Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled.jpg
    tayamo.jpg
    image (resized).png
    Capture+_2017-11-11-11-56-09 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-10-29-07-54-06 (resized).png

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

As Judge Judy would say, you have to have clean hands. When you cheat the system using PayPal's Family & Friends, as previously mentioned, you don't get the protection benefits that they offer. How do you think they make their money anyway? If they don't make money, they can't provide a service. You don't work for free. Why should they? The guy has responded. He's offered to refund your money. Time to change the title of this thread.

I find his response is just a deflection. He is making excuses for his actions, without taking full responsibility by offering a genuine refund. Instead he has asked that those he has deceived to go to a third party payment portal to claim money back. If he truely wants to make amends, he will get the details of everyone that has been stiffed and offer to refund their money directly. I truely hope that happens. But until his customers are made whole, his response is merely a deflection of blame.

Life problems, drug addiction, depression, bad hair day, whatever. That is no excuse for someone to advertise an item, accept money for said item and then not delivering. Then to come on here and deflect the issue by telling people to make a Paypal chargeback. Seriously.

#52 6 years ago

Well yeah, the guy got screwed and you think he should just be OK with it. Ah, shit happens, just accept it and move on. NO! It's not OK, some responsibility needs to be had.

#53 6 years ago

You better keep changing that avatar!

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

I don't want to pile on his problems and get paypal involved.

He encouraged his customers, in a public forum no less, to file a false claim to PayPal, as he's not going to refund anyone.

Seems like he's getting PayPal involved by his choices.

#56 6 years ago

I am shocked people up-voted tayamo post in this thread, no way should anyone (customers in this case) have to file a claim when the seller is admittedly aware of the issues, claiming through PayPal is not the resolution to this, especially those who sent payment via friends and family to help him out with fees, swift refunds in full are the only resolution and option that should be offered here!

#57 6 years ago

The guy is an addict the money is gone. No it doesnt excuse it but its a fact.

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

As a kid my dad always would say don't do business with freinds and family. Maybe he was onto something

My dad added "Or talk politics...."

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

I have done F&F paypal for multiple hundreds of dollars MANY times in Enlgand, Colombia, Sweden and lots of other EU countries [big Iron Maiden collector]. Never got stiffed a single time. Maybe I'm extrememly lucky or a good judge of character.

I'm sorry to hear you lost your money. I only accept F&F because I just can't afford them taking a cut on my sales. I understand the risk anyone accepts when sending payments via F&F but my reputation on Pinside is WAY to important to me to screw anyone. Besides lots of Pinsiders have been to my house and know where I live.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm sorry to hear you lost your money. I only accept F&F because I just can't afford them taking a cut on my sales. I understand the risk anyone accepts when sending payments via F&F but my reputation on Pinside is WAY to important to me to screw anyone. Besides lots of Pinsiders have been to my house and know where I live.

Yep! Its all about who you are dealing with.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

So it's perfectly acceptable for you to be dishonest with PayPal?

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from tayamo:

dealing with an addiction.

Aren't we all...

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I am shocked people up-voted tayamo post in this thread, no way should anyone (customers in this case) have to file a claim when the seller is admittedly aware of the issues, claiming through PayPal is not the resolution to this, especially those who sent payment via friends and family to help him out with fees, swift refunds in full are the only resolution and option that should be offered here!

Quoted from PinSinner:

I find his response is just a deflection. He is making excuses for his actions, without taking full responsibility by offering a genuine refund. Instead he has asked that those he has deceived to go to a third party payment portal to claim money back. If he truely wants to make amends, he will get the details of everyone that has been stiffed and offer to refund their money directly.

The way I read his post is he’s been fighting a drug problem and has no money so PayPal refund may be buyers only option. Certainly sucks but is sounds like he has no money to refund.

Doesn’t excuse anything obviously, but he can’t refund what he does not have...PayPal may be the only option for people and he seems to be saying so.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I only accept F&F because I just can't afford them taking a cut on my sales.

Knowing that you are dishonest with your business partners is costing you sales and hurting your reputation.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

So it's perfectly acceptable for you to be dishonest with PayPal?

I'm not a proponent of dishonesty, but if he has to be dishonest with any company, I'm glad it's PayPal.

Screw them.

#66 6 years ago

Part of the reason paypal sucks is because so many people screw them out of their small percentage that paypal needs to operate and show a profit. That leaves those of us who do it the right way left to carry the burden...they provide a service, why screw them?

#67 6 years ago

What does tayamo think PayPal is going to do? Pay off the victims and then just go away? If PayPal hands out a dollar then their next stop is tayamos account/credit.

#68 6 years ago

You are assuming he still has an account/credit..

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

What does tayamo think PayPal is going to do? Pay off the victims and then just go away? If PayPal hands out a dollar then their next stop is tayamos account/credit.

Paypal won't pay a penny that the seller doesn't have. The whole "open a paypal dispute" Is just another way of saying you're still going to be screwed but it's out of my hands.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

If PayPal hands out a dollar then their next stop is tayamos account/credit.

It if his account is empty. Also, if he's rehabbing a drug proble, that was causing him to keep $20 and not ship items against multiple people then he probably has other debts...perhaps he plans to file for bankruptcy and start anew. Who knows...

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Paypal won't pay a penny that the seller doesn't have. The whole "open a paypal dispute" Is just another way of saying you're still going to be screwed but it's out of my hands.

Yes they will. It's called Paypal Protection

#72 6 years ago

He never said what he was addicted to.. maybe just Cheetos. If so, early intervention is critical to recoup assets. We all have our weakness.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from tayamo:

Hello Pinsiders,
    I sincerely apologize to everyone with whom I have taken advantage.
    If I you have purchased parts from me, that you have not received, please just open a case with PayPal, and you will get your money back.
    I'm really sorry for the and hardship I have caused to anyone. I can only say this. Life has been an enormous struggle of late. I lost my job, and I've been in a recovery program dealing with an addiction. It's been hard just keeping my head above water. I'm slowly putting my life back together, but I will admit, I've compartmentalized a whole bunch, and I've been completely avoiding my problems in the pinball world. This is not a good way to live, and I feel bad that it caused any of you angst and heartache. I really am sorry to have hurt any of you.
    I've removed myself completely from the parts business now, so that I don't create these problems again. I gave my last pinball machine away two weeks ago, and I am now sticking strictly to recreational playing.
    Again, if there is anyone out there to who I have not sent parts, please just open a case with PayPal, and you will get your money back.
    Patrick

Here's how I read this....

Sorry you had to come on Pinside because I took advantage of you. Don't deal with me for refunds....deal with PayPal. Here's a laundry list of excuses...woe is me, woe is me, woe is me. Again....sorry for not being sorry....again deal with PayPal. I'm done here!

*drops mic*

#74 6 years ago

I can feel sympathy for someone with a drug addiction. I can't feel sympathy for someone that knowingly steals from people to feed that addiction.

#75 6 years ago

I can't believe he screwed so many pinsiders without anyone coming forward before now We need to adopt the "see something say something" approach here. I know we don't want to tarnish anyones reputation by acting to soon but, hey if you make a true effort to contact a person/business and get no response, no refund, or no product, we should put it out there so others do not walk in blindly.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from gtxjoe:

Yes they will. It's called Paypal Protection

Paypal can not help transactions with friends and family selected instead of purchasing goods or items. I had a lengthy conversation with a representative of paypal and in short I am screwed.
    -Mike

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Paypal can not help transactions with friends and family selected instead of purchasing goods or items. I had a lengthy conversation with a representative of paypal and in short I am screwed.

That sucks Mike. I don't hold out much hope this guy will try to make things right but, for what it's worth I hope you get your money back or at the least see this piece of sh*! dealt with.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I can't believe he screwed so many pinsiders without anyone coming forward before now We need to adopt the "see something say something" approach here. I know we don't want to tarnish anyones reputation by acting to soon but, hey if you make a true effort to contact a person/business and get no response, no refund, or no product, we should put it out there so others do not walk in blindly.

How long do we wait? Serious question. I have waited 30-45 days for my pinsider items to arrive because seller wants the money to sit there incase they feel the buyer gets item and does chargeback. Time limit stuff I suppose.
    I did not want to jump on someone in a forum and have parts show up 2 days later. Gullible me I guess.
    And now I believe that we do need a topic of bad pinsiders/ebay/facebook and the other sellers listed so we have something to reference.
    -Mike

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

How long do we wait? Serious question

No Mike, that is a legitimate concern and actually one I have no clear answer for.....and "gullible" is not the word I'd use to describe those that have been taken by this guy. You did what you thought you should and extended to him "a benefit of a doubt" before posting and for that you should not feel bad. I'm with you when it comes to not wanting to harm someones rep unnecessarily as they may have legitimate problems that have held them up. I think in most cases though the snake will show his tongue when push comes to shove. Most who would have a legitimate excuse would not ignore your inquiries or monitor pinside (as I feel he was doing when I saw he'd been on the forum as late as Nov. 4th yet failed to contact anyone.) to see if his situation pops up. Sad that this guy has a problem but it does not excuse him for his actions.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You better keep changing that avatar!

Why, am I the villian?

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Why, am I the villian?

Just thought it was funny I saw like 3 different avatars from you yesterday, that’s all.

#82 6 years ago

Does this guy actually work for Marco?

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

wait a second! wait just one second!! you're saying that the guy who is useless at shipping things, is working for the biggest supplier in our hobby, who's entire business model involves shipping things?!? who the hell did they hire to take care of the finances? MC Hammer???

Love the MC Hammer reference. Got a good laugh this morning. Thanks

#84 6 years ago

I think I've met tayamo on a couple occasions and I'm saddened to hear that he fell to addiction and left a bunch of people hanging, out money and/or parts.

Tayamo, the only way to free yourself from this mental burden is to make it right. Passing the buck will never let you completely relax.

Make a plan, write it down, and make these transactions right.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Just thought it was funny I saw like 3 different avatars from you yesterday, that’s all.

Things got ugly and didn't want to use my cat as my avatar. That's all. A picture of cement was bland so I switched to something else. Probably set a record for most down votes in a day. Nobody I know, at least not yet.

#86 6 years ago

Having witnessed the effects of drug/alcohol addition, this may very well be outside of tayamo's control. Sounds like he is working through this sickness and coming onto pinside to post is a big step. Part of the program is making amends to everyone hurt by addition, and I believe it is a very important step, but it can take years to make happen. I give him a lot of credit for taking the step of posting here, but there is a long way to go to make things right to all the people that were impacted by his addiction (may take years). It does suck that people are out money and filing paypal claims is probably the best that can be done at the moment. Of course, it sucks a lot more for who paid F&F. I hope tayamo makes it through recovery, but it will be a fight every day for the rest of his life.

#87 6 years ago

Unless someone can vouch that they saw him in the grips of a drug or alcohol addiction, why do assume that he's not lying and was addicted to anything? (besides taking people's money)

Yes it took some balls to show up here and speak up instead of hiding like a coward. However making excuses and passing the buck on PayPal doesn't excuse anything. He ripped people off and maybe used addiction as an excuse (in which case, he truly is scum)

Hope you get a refund eventually Mike and others.

#88 6 years ago

If tayamo truly has the part's all he has to do to start making this right is get these parts shipped out. I would suspect most that have ordered from him would be happy by just getting what they ordered. So tayamo find the part box it up have it ready to go then when you have the $$ avoid your demons and ship it out. You could try to us this as a recovery method instead of buying (my addiction) I will spend this money on shipping Joe Snuffy's part out today.

I know if you truly have an addiction that's easier said then done. But you are the one who has to fight it and make things right.

#89 6 years ago

I have to admit i am also an addict, food and women is my addiction, in that order ! But my addiction hurts nobody but maybe myself. Now once your addiction starts hurting family or others you are now a thief and scumbag. I don't feel sorry for anyone that let's a drug or other substance take priority over their lives, stop being weak and get your shit together, and give these people what they paid for.

#90 6 years ago

I too am also an addict, I have a terrible time letting a good deal on pinball machines pass me by. Cookies and ice cream are also serious problems I have. With that now out there and some of you chuckling..I have never screwed someone over or let my family be without anything! The mortgage,electric,cable-internet,heat,food,car payments are always paid on time. -All Tayamo has to do is ship out my 3 coin doors or refund my money.-
    -Mike

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I think the tricky part is that there's a fine line between playing nice/giving people the benefit of the doubt in hopes that you'll actually get your stuff and calling someone out for their nonsense (in which case you're all but assured that you WON'T get your stuff). I can think of a certain custom mod seller on here who does phenomenal work, but is notoriously slow and always full of excuses. I think I've done business with him three times (there won't be a fourth), and each time it took MONTHS to get my item. Every time, I was tempted to post a thread about it and blow it up, but because he always ultimately delivered, I held my tongue (at the end of the day, I wanted my item more than I wanted a refund). I think a lot of us on here find ourselves in similar predicaments with sellers.

#92 6 years ago

I will never do friends and family. If someone suggests that I just add the fee on top of the agreed price and send regular. Much easier.

#93 6 years ago

If he's broke, why did he "give away" his pinball machine?

Unless he sold it.

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

If he's broke, why did he "give away" his pinball machine?
    Unless he sold it.

My be he owed somebody money..
    ?

#95 6 years ago

Do people realize, if you send money the normal way, the recipient pays the fees? If you send money family and friends, the sender pays the fees. Paypal is getting their money no matter what.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Do people realize, if you send money the normal way, the recipient pays the fees? If you send money family and friends, the sender pays the fees. Paypal is getting their money no matter what.

That is true if you pay with credit card but not if you pay from checking account or PayPal balance.

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

That is true if you pay with credit card but not if you pay from checking account or PayPal balance.

Got it. I did not know that.

#98 6 years ago

Not a big fan of friends and family payments. Very rare i do it, and if i do, i really know them. I dont like when i ask for a part or try and buy from pinsiders and there emails or full of send Fnf paypal. ? I dont even know you and you want fnf to avoid a $4 fee ?, i wont do it, and am blunt telling sellers so. You want to sell something, sell it like a big boy grown adult and price accordingly for any fees you get.
    Pinside should make a warning for all such transactions.
    Holding my tounge till now on Palmetto Pinball, columbia llc, and Tayamo....all same person. Service always sucked, the one or 2 things i got took months to arrive even in 2015, 2016..apparently hes been going down hill awhile. Sucks to lose money, but such is life, were big boys here. Start your paypal claims now. If you paid friends and family, well, you should have known better.

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Not a big fan of friends and family payments. Very rare i do it, and if i do, i really know them. I dont like when i ask for a part or try and buy from pinsiders and there emails or full of send Fnf paypal. ? I dont even know you and you want fnf to avoid a $4 fee ?, i wont do it, and am blunt telling sellers so. You want to sell something, sell it like a big boy grown adult and price accordingly for any fees you get.
    Pinside should make a warning for all such transactions.
    Holding my tounge till now on Palmetto Pinball, columbia llc, and Tayamo....all same person. Service always sucked, the one or 2 things i got took months to arrive even in 2015, 2016..apparently hes been going down hill awhile. Sucks to lose money, but such is life, were big boys here. Start your paypal claims now. If you paid friends and family, well, you should have known better.

I agree with this. Only time I ask for fnf is if it is a higher priced item and I’m discounting it. Otherwise, I don’t care how someone pays me...except bitcoin.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

He never said what he was addicted to.. maybe just Cheetos. If so, early intervention is critical to recoup assets. We all have our weakness.

Addicted to ripping people off.

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-pinsider-tayamo/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.