Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled.jpg
    tayamo.jpg
    image (resized).png
    Capture+_2017-11-11-11-56-09 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-10-29-07-54-06 (resized).png
    There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 6 years ago

71 days ago today, I bought and paid for a Party Zone cosmic cottage.
    Never received it.
    He's a US seller and I'm a US buyer so time certainly isn't an issue.
    Contacted him 12 days ago and 9 days ago and radio silence - no response.

So, should he come back to pinside again, I would avoid buying anything from him unless you want to lose some money.

#2 6 years ago

Sucks to hear. Any way you can do a chargeback or anything like that? Can you give us details of the transaction?

#3 6 years ago

It was $28 shipped. Really small potatoes after losing $5k on Predator.
    Not sweating the money - just thought I'd let others know to avoid this one.

#4 6 years ago

He's been here for a couple years but there are no comments for or against him or his business. Hope this gets cleared up, we need to have confidence in our business members here on site.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks for letting us know.I hope he makes good on your deal and sends you your part.

#6 6 years ago

Man, I can't see tarnishing a reputation (if he cares) for $28. Hopefully he can chime in and explain what's going on.

#7 6 years ago

How did you pay? Get the chargeback. I take it you didn't send cash or MO....

#8 6 years ago

I have been trying to be reasonable with my situation with 3 coin doors and @tayamo, I even reached out to ForceFlow to see if any other complaints have come to the mods for help. Oh and I'm in much deeper than your $28.00 so feel free to be aware of this scammer.
    -Mike

Screenshot_2017-10-29-07-54-06 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-10-29-07-54-06 (resized).png

#9 6 years ago

Thanks for the info....

#10 6 years ago

Try contacting him on his FB page

https://www.facebook.com/tayamo

#11 6 years ago

Palmetto Pinball, aka @tayamo, had a pretty decent stock of parts he acquired from an old operator that he started listing for sale on a Facebook group two or three years back. I ordered and paid for a set of plastics, which never arrived. He was tough to get a reply from, but he eventually refunded the money a month after the fact. From the FB posts in the group, the non-delivery of paid-for parts was a common occurance. Lots of people were complaining about non-delivery and cruddy communication.

I met up with him in person to dig through his parts at a facility just outside of Columbia, SC while on vacation, shortly before he ceased his Facebook sales, and he made things right by cutting me a sweetheart deal on a big lot of parts. I tried to get a hold of him for another visit earlier this year, but was met with radio silence.

Back then, I think he was overwhelmed with the large quantity of pinball parts he had come upon, and didn't have the time or resources to properly get it into the hands of people who needed it. And I honestly think that's what he wanted to do: help the community by getting these parts back into circulation.

Not making excuses, obviously paid for parts need to be shipped out, just sharing my interactions with the seller.

#12 6 years ago

Might want to watch who's on the forum, he was last here on the fourth. Sounds like this has been an ongoing problem, glad someone spoke up.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

71 days ago today, I bought and paid for a Party Zone cosmic cottage.
    Never received it.
    He's a US seller and I'm a US buyer so time certainly isn't an issue.
    Contacted him 12 days ago and 9 days ago and radio silence - no response.
    So, should he come back to pinside again, I would avoid buying anything from him unless you want to lose some money.

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I have been trying to be reasonable with my situation with 3 coin doors and tayamo, I even reached out to forceflow to see if any other complaints have come to the mods for help. Oh and I'm in much deeper than your $28.00 so feel free to be aware of this scammer.
    -Mike

A pinsider ripping off fellow pinsiders, scumbag! Can you guys do a charge back through paypal to resolve things your end financially? Hope you get this resolved asap.

#14 6 years ago

It has been too common for me to use friends and family to help out sellers but I think I will be changing my ways unless I can verify the sellers character.
    -Mike

#15 6 years ago

Should of just ate the $28.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Why should we have to eat any amount of money. Items are for sale,I made contact,price was agreed upon and I paid fast. Now the seller ships the items. Pretty simple.
    In any case I don't like having my friendly communication ignored, that makes me feel like I have been scammed.
    -Mike

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

If that is the case could you just send me some of your money.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

This dummy shouldve just shipped the part.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

You would singing a different tune if it were your 28 bucks!

#20 6 years ago

It would be nice if someone could set up a list of bad sellers. Even if it were to be off pinside somehow. Just sayin...

#22 6 years ago

lol hes a nice bloke hes just utterly useless at shipping things. i eventually gave up asking him. Think you will find hes now working for marco spec. try and track him down there.

#23 6 years ago

The amount of money involved is irrelevant be it 28.00 bucks or 2,800.00. He paid for product that he's not received.

Quoted from Electrocute:

How many 28.00 dollar orders should be "eaten" before someone should call him out? Just give us a number and then hey, donate that amount to him yourself so we can feel better about complaining over a measly 28.00

#24 6 years ago

This guy is on facebook regularly. If he has time to post all his political rants he should have time to ship everyones stuff.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

This guy is on facebook regularly. If he has time to post all his political rants he should have time to ship everyones stuff.

I dunno, for some people political rants add up to what seems to be a full time job, hahaha.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

lol hes a nice bloke hes just utterly useless at shipping things. i eventually gave up asking him. Think you will find hes now working for marco spec. try and track him down there.

wait a second! wait just one second!! you're saying that the guy who is useless at shipping things, is working for the biggest supplier in our hobby, who's entire business model involves shipping things?!? who the hell did they hire to take care of the finances? MC Hammer???

#27 6 years ago

If you got time to make a deal and if something comes up (shit happens) and there's gonna be a delay in shipping the item or you can't complete the deal just acknowledge that the deal is off and you'll return whatever the amount was

I had a deal with a reputable pinsider go bad there was acknowledgement that the deal was off and returning of my funds so no big deal like i said above shit happens but a little acknowledgement can go a long way in saving a reputation in my opinion

#28 6 years ago

Not sure why all the downvotes. I was simply saying that if I wanted to preserve my reputation, i would either refund the $28 or ship out the part. Clearly, tayamo doesnt give a shit because he's willing to scam a $28 part at the risk of his seller reputation. If he decided the just say F*ck it, then yeah, i can see the 28 bucks and not giving a damn.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Not sure why all the downvotes. I was simply saying that if I wanted to preserve my reputation, i would either refund the $28 or ship out the part. Clearly, tayamo doesnt give a shit because he's willing to scam a $28 part at the risk of his seller reputation. If he decided the just say F*ck it, then yeah, i can see the 28 bucks and not giving a damn.

not sure why all the downvotes, either. here's an upvote for ya'!

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Pretty sure they read your post wrong. They read it as you dont see the point in calling him out (tarnishing his rep) over $28. But you meant the above obviously.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Clearly, tayamo doesnt give a shit because he's willing to scam a $28 part at the risk of his seller reputation.

I wish it was only $28.00. Live and learn.
    -Mike

Capture+_2017-11-11-11-56-09 (resized).pngCapture+_2017-11-11-11-56-09 (resized).png

#32 6 years ago

Man that stinks! This guy needs to step up to the mike and do some explaining followed by refunding!

#33 6 years ago

Hello Pinsiders,

I sincerely apologize to everyone with whom I have taken advantage.

If I you have purchased parts from me, that you have not received, please just open a case with PayPal, and you will get your money back.

I'm really sorry for the and hardship I have caused to anyone. I can only say this. Life has been an enormous struggle of late. I lost my job, and I've been in a recovery program dealing with an addiction. It's been hard just keeping my head above water. I'm slowly putting my life back together, but I will admit, I've compartmentalized a whole bunch, and I've been completely avoiding my problems in the pinball world. This is not a good way to live, and I feel bad that it caused any of you angst and heartache. I really am sorry to have hurt any of you.

I've removed myself completely from the parts business now, so that I don't create these problems again. I gave my last pinball machine away two weeks ago, and I am now sticking strictly to recreational playing.

Again, if there is anyone out there to who I have not sent parts, please just open a case with PayPal, and you will get your money back.

Patrick

#34 6 years ago

Patrick,being that I used paypal friends and family I would have to tell paypal that it was un authorized and mess with my account and passwords and it would be easier for you to send me the $175.00 same way I sent to you. Feel free to pm me about this matter.
    -Mike

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from tayamo:

If I you have purchased parts from me, that you have not received, please just open a case with PayPal, and you will get your money back.
    I'm really sorry for the and hardship I have caused to anyone. I can only say this. Life has been an enormous struggle of late. I lost my job, and I've been in a recovery program dealing with an addiction. It's been hard just keeping my head above water. I'm slowly putting my life back together, but I will admit, I've compartmentalized a whole bunch, and I've been completely avoiding my problems in the pinball world. This is not a good way to live, and I feel bad that it caused any of you angst and heartache. I really am sorry to have hurt any of you.
    I've removed myself completely from the parts business now, so that I don't create these problems again. I gave my last pinball machine away two weeks ago, and I am now sticking strictly to recreational playing.
    Again, if there is anyone out there to

Thank You sir I wish you godspeed on your recovery!

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from tayamo:

Hello Pinsiders,
    I sincerely apologize to everyone with whom I have taken advantage.
    Again, if there is anyone out there to who I have not sent parts, please just open a case with PayPal, and you will get your money back.
    Patrick

Props for coming on here and trying to explain yourself. Definitely not an easy thing to do...and something many in your situation might not attempt.

I hope you get your life straightened out and are able to make things right with the people you owe money.

Good luck...and congrats on making the first difficult step towards better days.

#37 6 years ago

Why start a thread that basically bashes another pinsider? Guess I'm in the minority. I'd never do it.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Why start a thread that basically bashes another pinsider?

Dude, are you soft?

#39 6 years ago

Don't do the PayPal friends and family thing fellas

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Why start a thread that basically bashes another pinsider? Guess I'm in the minority. I'd never do it.

It's a warning to other pinsiders , this guy ripped off multiple people .

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

This 1000 times over.

People do this and are essentially scamming Paypal and then get upset when they can't do a chargeback.

If you want the 'safeguards' that Paypal has in place to stop people from scamming you, then pay the minimal fee to ensure you can do a chargeback.

No excuse for not getting something you paid for but there are safeguards in place if you choose to use them but people feel it's worth the risk to save a buck or two.

#42 6 years ago

I have done F&F paypal for multiple hundreds of dollars MANY times in Enlgand, Colombia, Sweden and lots of other EU countries [big Iron Maiden collector]. Never got stiffed a single time. Maybe I'm extrememly lucky or a good judge of character.

So, if what tayamo says is true [message 33], I don't want to pile on his problems and get paypal involved. As I said before - I've written off the money and part - just didn't want others to throw money down the same hole, too. I certainly wasn't BASHING him. C'mon.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

As a kid my dad always would say don't do business with freinds and family. Maybe he was onto something

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

I have done F&F paypal for multiple hundreds of dollars MANY times in Enlgand, Colombia, Sweden and lots of other EU countries [big Iron Maiden collector]. Never got stiffed a single time. Maybe I'm extrememly lucky or a good judge of character.
    So, if what tayamo says is true [message 33], I don't want to pile on his problems and get paypal involved. As I said before - I've written off the money and part - just didn't want others to throw money down the same hole, too. I certainly wasn't BASHING him. C'mon.

As Judge Judy would say, you have to have clean hands. When you cheat the system using PayPal's Family & Friends, as previously mentioned, you don't get the protection benefits that they offer. How do you think they make their money anyway? If they don't make money, they can't provide a service. You don't work for free. Why should they? The guy has responded. If he makes good and you get your money back, I think you should reflect that in the header of the thread.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

The guy has responded. He's offered to refund your money. Time to change the title of this thread.

I disagree. Everyone should know the history for the future without sugar coating it. Tayamo has still not responded to my pm request or has refunded my money. You don't go from saying I'll ship it out Thursday to never shipping it and then playing Hide N Seek.
    -Mike

#46 6 years ago

He’s not saying that he’ll refund the money. He’s saying to contact PayPal so the buyer protection will take care of it. Two very different things. And, as mentioned, when using Friends and Family there is no buyer protection. I’m actually surprised he hasn’t caught any shit for essentially asking PayPal to clean up his mess.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

He’s not saying that he’ll refund the money. He’s saying to contact PayPal so the buyer protection will take care of it. Two very different things. And, as mentioned, when using Friends and Family there is no buyer protection. I’m actually surprised he hasn’t caught any shit for essentially asking PayPal to clean up his mess.

Pay Pal told me that if the credit card was used in friends and family there is protection(fee to the sender, not receiver). Bank account for payment not so much. I may have misunderstood them.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I’m actually surprised he hasn’t caught any shit for essentially asking PayPal to clean up his mess.

First thing that came to my mind when I read his posts.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You know what, you have a point. Amending my post.

#50 6 years ago

Ouch!

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-pinsider-tayamo/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.