Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Homepin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

black-death (resized).jpg
    india_call_center_philippines_competition (resized).jpg
    4fe099ed9aec20368b3df77d7fb5354f9c55079b (resized).jpg
    bf5670dc6e3f4eef09236685a1b270e3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8606 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

I don't think this is weird. If they see three consecutive large transactions as friends and family, it probably triggers a "Where's our cut?" Red Flag.

#40 6 years ago

I personally love PayPal.

It's not perfect, but it allows people to accept CC payments with no terminal or processing company contracts. I can send $$ securely to people and buy products online without typing a CC # whenever in need to buy something.

I have bought and sold lots of pins without a hitch. I love 6 months same as cash and take advantage of it often. I have no problem accepting or using PayPal.

I would suggest reviewing their policies though. I would never ship something over $250 w/o signature confirmation. Don't accept PayPal for a large ticket item and let someone pick it up unless you know them well. Shipping is fine, but it must be with a reputable shipping company that uses traceable/traceable shipping documents.

PayPal doesn't hold my money. If they hold yours, more then likely you haven't had that many transactions with them and they are making sure everything is legit.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Here is a page from Paypal's original site.
    No fees.
    They made their money off of the interest on the Float of everyone's cash sitting in their accounts.

I won't clutter up this page with current policy, but it's free to purchase with PayPal or send money to friends and family. If you use it to pay for goods or services that fee is 2.9%.

Unemployment and the welfare system gets abused too by people circumventing the system. I've used F&F too for certain transactions, but I've done it in moderation to avoid this very scenario. I just assumed there would be checks and balances.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-paypal-like-the-plague?tu=toasterdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.