Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Homepin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

black-death (resized).jpg
    india_call_center_philippines_competition (resized).jpg
    4fe099ed9aec20368b3df77d7fb5354f9c55079b (resized).jpg
    bf5670dc6e3f4eef09236685a1b270e3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8606 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago

Sorry to hear of your plight.

PayPus recently froze my account yet again, I think for about the 8th time? Their reason - I logged in to my account from China - but WAIT! I have advised them several times (in emails) that I work in China, so they have NO EXCUSE to use that reason. My credit card companies can all deal with that when I inform them, what's PayPus's excuse?

I'm lucky, as I'm Australian, we have a very robust system in place for dealing with rogue companies like PayPus. I simply made an online complaint about PayPus to the Australian banking Ombudsman and, after waiting the "legally allowed" 30 days PayPus decided to unlock my account.

Rogue companies like PayPus really hate the Ombudsman for a few reasons. They are no longer Judge and Jury and if they don't comply with what is "reasonable" they can be fined, and very heavily for a minor infringement.

When I made my complaint, PayPus were sent an invoice by the Ombudsman - if PayPus wants to delay or dispute my complaint, the bill to them goes up and there is a published scale of fees.

PayPus know they would never win in cases like mine so they ALWAYS cave, EVERY time.

I simply never waste my time attempting to call them because you only get drones on the phone who do not have the authority to do a single thing to help you.

I'm surprised that people are still fooled by the "friends and family" bull. It makes no difference to anything - certainly not to your protection so please don't think that.

PayPus really should be shut down IMO!

#21 6 years ago

Sadly, people still use PayPus because it is convenient.

Also, the:

"it will never happen to me - you must have done something wrong"

syndrome is ever prevalent.

Until it actually DOES happen to them of course.......and with PayPus it is never "IF" - it is always "WHEN"!

As the OP and many others warn, please use any other form of payment people.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That is great. I wish we had a banking Ombudsman to put them in check.

You need one that's for sure. The sad thing is, in Australia, so many are still fooled by the tricks PayPus gets up to and they don't take advantage of this FREE, Government provided service - beats me

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Never have any problems with Ebay or Paypal, love 'em both. Always easy fast transactions, nothing complicated or scary. Immediate payments - things get shipped to me faster, without waiting for payments to clear.

Sadly most keep using PayPus for the exact reason as yours but one day they will burn you just like they have tens of thousands of others .....

I wouldn't be so smug if I were you and while your at it how about a bit of empathy for those that HAVE had issues....

#86 6 years ago

What astounds me is the number of people defending a massive, multi-national company that doesn't give a stuff about their customers.

Worse actually, PayPus shows complete and utter contempt towards their customers with their policies and completely hopeless "customer service" and will screw you over in a microsecond.

I guess the world is made of different people, some won't tolerate being bungholed while others relish the thought!

Thank God for our Ombudsman because, by now, Australians would have tracked down the PayPus office and burned it to the ground. We just won't put up with crap like that dished out by PayPus.

Downvote away, I couldn't care less. Yes, COULD NOT care less.

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Hahaha. That picture is just friggin creepy.

Just like PayPus.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-paypal-like-the-plague?tu=homepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.