Avoid MM for sale in nebraska city, NE

By NathanP

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

As topic states, a gentleman named Brian is selling an MM on Mr Pinball for $15k. The original price
was $9500 but has changed over the course of the week. He has ads posted in nebraska and in kansas city. It took him three days to respond. Bad seller. Avoid.

#2 10 years ago

I think the $15,000 price tag would keep me from contacting him. But thanks for the heads up.

#3 10 years ago

The seller has listed his pins in the forum also.
His pinsider name is mmtz.

#4 10 years ago

15k for a MM. Bargain.

#5 10 years ago

Oh what the hell, you can have mine for 20k.

#6 10 years ago

I already have one, but thanks for the offer.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

15k for a MM. Bargain.

What are you talking about? That's not a bargain. 5k is a bargain. 15k not a bargain.

#8 10 years ago

Ahhhh the ole "avoid the MM pin trick"! I like what you did there...

#9 10 years ago

You can have mine for 14K.

Oh and 5K would be a steal 10K a bargain and 15K super top end unless restored.

Thanks for the heads up.

#10 10 years ago

$10k by Christmas... oh...wait a minute....

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

What are you talking about? That's not a bargain. 5k is a bargain. 15k not a bargain.

And your taking my post far too serious. I was joking.......

#12 10 years ago

It was posted in Minneapolis as well.

#13 10 years ago

Coming soon to a CL near you!

#14 10 years ago

My God, I paid $6000 5 years ago for mines. Its not even that good of a game. I much prefer my Creech or my CCC or Spiderman.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

As topic states, a gentleman named Brian is selling an MM on Mr Pinball for $15k. The original price
was $9500 but has changed over the course of the week. He has ads posted in nebraska and in kansas city. It took him three days to respond. Bad seller. Avoid.

Why don't you tell us why you think he is a bad seller, unless it's just the price and the delayed response?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

My God, I paid $6000 5 years ago for mines. Its not even that good of a game. I much prefer my Creech or my CCC or spiderman.

Same here. Sold mine for a tasty profit.

#17 10 years ago

Is someone not intitled to price thier machine up or down as they want? I do that with certain individuals. I know people that are a pain to deal with so I charge more, some people are easy to work with so I charge less

#18 10 years ago

Wait- someone selling a pin changed the price and took a while to respond? That's crazy!

#19 10 years ago

Here we go again.....

2 weeks later
#20 10 years ago

hi all,

new here, but not so new to pinball.
I wanted to help set the record straight- i just took ownership of Brian's MM machine yesterday. I paid less than 15k, and Brian was awesome to work with through the transaction. he's honest and even gave me some great extra bits and pieces (rubber kit, balls, original DMD, plastics, etc)

The machine itself is in fantastic condition and plays flawlessly. Has every mod that anyone would ever want to do to a MM. I'm very happy.

I would buy one of his other machines in a heartbeat.

Quoted from ChevelleSSguy:

It was posted in Minneapolis as well.

This is not the same machine. I contacted that seller when I was looking, and that seller is local not Brian in NE.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from NOP:

i just took ownership of Brian's MM machine yesterday.

Congrats on a fun game! And welcome to Pinside.

#22 10 years ago

I think this post is completely unwarranted considering the OP didn't even buy a game from the seller he's saying to avoid. People can choose who they want to sell their game to and what they want to sell their game for. If you don't like how they carry themselves then you shouldn't be buying from them OR posting about how folks should avoid them unless they have actually done something completely unethical. I don't think changing the price on a game you have for sale falls under this category. Same goes for charging too little or too much for a game. Though no one ever complains about a steal, do they?

Thanks for clearing the air, NOP.

#23 10 years ago

well played Baron

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

The air is further cleared here...
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-this-seller-how-come

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

I think this post is completely unwarranted considering the OP didn't even buy a game from the seller he's saying to avoid. People can choose who they want to sell their game to and what they want to sell their game for. If you don't like how they carry themselves then you shouldn't be buying from them OR posting about how folks should avoid them unless they have actually done something completely unethical. I don't think changing the price on a game you have for sale falls under this category. Same goes for charging too little or too much for a game. Though no one ever complains about a steal, do they?

You got that right. If I had a car for sale and placed diff. priced ads out there that's my business not anyone else's.

#26 10 years ago

thanks NOP and Baron for the kind words. NOP, it was a pleasure meeting you yesterday, and I hope you enjoy your new addition!

#27 10 years ago

I feel I need to chime in here.

I bought a Black Hole from Brian a couple of years ago and have since been down to his place to check out some other pins he had for sale at the time. Brian is a stand up guy and is very knowledgable in pinball and pinball repair. His machines are some of the nicest I have ever seen and would not hesitate to buy from him. Good luck with the sale Brian. I wish I had some extra cash lying around because I would buy your TZ in a heartbeat.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

So........how's starting this thread working out for you?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Spewing coffee lol

#30 10 years ago

I bought a super nice DM from brian 2 years ago that he shopped and have had zero issues with it . I would buy another machine from him in a heartbeat

#31 10 years ago

I would say avoid it because it's a MM. That's enough reason to avoid the FS post.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

NathanP is a good guy from what I've seen on Pinside

Brian is a good guy from my past dealings

Sometimes shit just gets weird every now & then

How about we stop pitting these two against each other & all move on?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

NathanP is a good guy from what I've seen on Pinside

Gotta disagree as this nugget was PMed to me by the Op, Nathan P

"maybe if you had some decent games I would respond to your shit talking.

Spend some money, buy some real games, fork up for the AC/DC LE, you pussy"

C'mon Nathan... you had to pm that and not just post on this thread....really?

(BTW... my original post was meant to be in good fun.... Wasn't trying to be mean spirited. Certainly didn't warrant the ever popular "I'm richer than you are and your pins suck" email from the OP.)

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

bahahhahhahaha that is amazing. I guess I should get the Metallica LE then. I was going to go pro but nevermind. I don't need to get PM harassed. I guess having decent games makes you the man on an internet pinball website.

This is all real. Just another reminder. it's pinball. Pinball.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from rmancini:

bahahhahhahaha that is amazing. I guess I should get the Metallica LE then. I was going to go pro but nevermind. I don't need to get PM harassed. I guess having decent games makes you the man on an internet pinball website.
This is all real. Just another reminder. it's pinball. Pinball.

Yikes... No kidding.

Like I later added to my original post, it was meant in good fun and was surprised to get the always popular "my pins are better than your pins, you peon" PM

The interwebs never ceases to amaze me.

...BTW, Played the Metallica Pro last week at PAGG. Good choice. Really fun pin!

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yikes... No kidding.
Like I later added to my original post, it was meant in good fun and was surprised to get the always popular "my pins are better than your pins, you peon" PM
The interwebs never ceases to amaze me.

Its all subjective anyway. Some people might think that the pins they own are great. Some people might now. It really just matters to me that I like the game. And the price I pay for the game I want from who I want is up to me. If I am fine paying 15k for a MM then sending it to HEP for another 5-8K to make it the way I want it that's up to me. And its the way it should be.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

(BTW... my original post was meant to be in good fun.... Wasn't trying to be mean spirited. Certainly didn't warrant the ever popular "I'm richer than you are and your pins suck" email from the OP.)

Ouch

Yeah that's a doucher situation

#39 10 years ago

So many guys get their panties in a wad around here, its unreal.

I think it mostly comes down to money. Either you're trying to keep a secret and flip something or you upset about someone pricing you out of a pin. Whatever it is, its sure annoying.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from rmancini:

Its all subjective anyway.

This.

#42 10 years ago

Means he agrees with you. It is a quick way of saying, "This is what I want to say".

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Means he agrees with you. It is a quick way of saying, "This is what I want to say".

ahh. haha. I guess I am not up with the internet lingo right now.

#44 10 years ago

OP should really post a follow up if he wants to maintain any kind of credibility. I know he's posted in another thread but this is the one with the accusation.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

OP should really post a follow up if he wants to maintain any kind of credibility. I know he's posted in another thread but this is the one with the accusation.

Any mod can confirm the pm.

....anyway, back to playing pinball.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

....anyway, back to playing pinball.

This.

#48 10 years ago

and That !!

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

My God, I paid $6000 5 years ago for mines. Its not even that good of a game. I much prefer my Creech or my CCC or spiderman.

I'll give you $7,000 for it then. Just to help you out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-mm-for-sale-in-nebraska-city-ne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.