Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 241 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

late (resized).jpeg
    CC6A9106-BE58-4A1F-951B-A70A8AE68B19 (resized).png
    55A0FF96-2B93-4B94-B71A-10C2ADCF4DAF (resized).png
    8BCD9868-0E32-417E-9F7F-39676C3A68AA.gif
    sassy2 (resized).jpg
    Al, Cliffy and Steve (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    20F37CFC-4E5C-4936-B0B2-FD557C424CD8 (resized).jpeg
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif
    8329ABD1-20CD-4634-A3DC-A41746F7BD93.gif
    A01C34B0-FC7C-4F6F-92A1-8481B741AD04 (resized).jpeg
    dumpsterfire.gif
    Dm-xy8vX0AA_Zq7.jpg
    Name Names (resized).jpg
    calitex (resized).jpg
    51D843DD-7A32-40C5-A6A1-9F6AE5989709.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I believe most people understand his mistake perfectly.
    It's your rudeness and abuse that most probably don't understand. If a man makes a mistake it doesn't give you the right to call him names.

I don't get it either. Seller seemed pretty tolerant, and wanting to help. OP seemed highly impatient, demanding, presumptuous, then outright rude, among other things.

Getting upset is one thing. Getting upset and airing out dirty, poop filled laundry that only makes yourself look bad, much worse....

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Such implied derogatory intent is one of the most ignorant and uninformed statements I've seen in some time here on Pinside.

When you've got a user named "Mr. Tantrum" giving you advice on how to behave, you know you've acted out to the extreme...!

#98 3 years ago

Can we please get any hate speech shitting on cops, out of this thread...and any thread, please?

No "_____" is anything. Broad stereotypes are asinine, and only create more hate and division.

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sleepy:

I think some people on this forum might not know what this acronym stands for. It stands for All Cops Are Bastards, something I do not agree with.

I'd seen it places, twitter for sure. Finally looked it up after the post above.

I can't imagine the lunacy most cops, medics, nurses, cashiers, that anyone in public service has to deal with day in, day out.

God bless the Garbage men too, especially in summer and winter.

(I carried mail for ten years. I know the ever luvin' shit that work can bring, at any given moment.)

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Did any of you downvoters bother to read the article? I don't see anything in his post to "disagree" with. His paraphrasing of the article is accurate. What does it say about one's position when one can't even consider a contrary opinion?
    Luckydogg420, thank you for posting this link. Everyone should read it. It's straight from a former cop. Try and curb your emotions and really read it.

I didn't downvote his post, as I hadn't read the article.

Just did now though.

I definitely agree with some of his statements and ideas, and proposals, but I also disagree with his overarching generalizations and his general sense of balance in what he's seen, been a part of, and describing.

I also will say, I read an article recently, an editorial mind you, that stated there are 375,000,000 police interactions with citizens annually in this country. I've always thought on this point, of how many direct and indirect engagements officers have annually, and proportionately how few deaths and infractions occur as a result.

Millions of engagements, but still a small number of engagements where things might, and often should, have been handled differently. Media skews and focuses ENTIRELY on the inflammatory, versus focusing on the positives, as positives are dull, and have no ratings value.

To that effect, this article leans to that concept as well. He minimizes his own positive deeds as an officer, to focus solely on depicting ALL officers as misguided, and animalistic.

All of that said, law enforcement, and the military, DO restructure you, to become a tool, a weapon, an enforcer. That unfortunately needs to happen, as a massive population thrives and only becomes greater in number.

Christ, I can't even ask my neighbors to politely stop having their dogs piss in my yard, signs are up even, yet alone could random villagers prevent some nutjob like Genghis Khan from existing?

When a number more than one human exists, resources will be fought for. Natural gathering, and resource management fuel directly into ideas of property and capitalism. As long as there are large groups of people, law enforcement needs to exist. Period. Sadly. But not sadly, as we are animals, like any other. And we will all fight one another for that last scrap of meat to survive.

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

I say leave it in. I'd like to know who on Pinside are idiots, so I can avoid them, not do business with, ignore, etc...

Well, guess I'm an idiot, for being moderated for discussing topics brought up by other members.

The entire thread somewhat has no theme at this point, and the OP seems to have left. Rather than moderate multiple people, why not just close the thread...?

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly how is this still open???

Second time you've posted to say that. I never understand this approach.

Are you calling attention to the thread to be closed? Do you have an issue with anything that has been discussed in the thread, but don't wish to vocalize it?

Just always a head scratcher, when "this isn't closed" or "in before it's closed!" comes into play. It adds nothing opinion wise, and just feels provocative in an empty, baseless way.

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Well I guess I live in a bit of a bubble because I didn't realize how skewed blue Pinside is. My interactions mirror Frax's experiences more.

Does it really have to skew this side or that? Can't individuals be assessed...as individuals?

The massive polarity choices are entirely what the media thrive on, profit from, and relish.

#197 3 years ago

You sound really, really frustrated, and that sucks.

The entire country, and world, certainly has so much tension on it, and in so many different capacities.

Try and take a break from being online. I know Twitter for me, often feels distressing, and I'm sure forums and Facebook, etc, only often serve to raise tensions.

Be good to yourself buddy, and do something you enjoy, and feel better. Or try to anyway.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-k-s-arcade-under-all-circumstances?tu=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.