Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 241 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

late (resized).jpeg
    CC6A9106-BE58-4A1F-951B-A70A8AE68B19 (resized).png
    55A0FF96-2B93-4B94-B71A-10C2ADCF4DAF (resized).png
    8BCD9868-0E32-417E-9F7F-39676C3A68AA.gif
    sassy2 (resized).jpg
    Al, Cliffy and Steve (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    20F37CFC-4E5C-4936-B0B2-FD557C424CD8 (resized).jpeg
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif
    8329ABD1-20CD-4634-A3DC-A41746F7BD93.gif
    A01C34B0-FC7C-4F6F-92A1-8481B741AD04 (resized).jpeg
    dumpsterfire.gif
    Dm-xy8vX0AA_Zq7.jpg
    Name Names (resized).jpg
    calitex (resized).jpg
    51D843DD-7A32-40C5-A6A1-9F6AE5989709.gif

There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 3 years ago

Saw this... Conclusion: I need to go order something I don't need from Keith...today.

#152 3 years ago

Curious, OP, did you ever pick up the phone and call K's Arcade?

#153 3 years ago

I have never had anything but 100% positive from K's...And plan to go back for my next order.

#154 3 years ago

I bought a Rottendog board from K’s. It caught on fire. They tried to help but it had to go back to Rottendog who were also very helpful. It’s not a big community so I think if a business was truly awful to their customers, they wouldn’t last. Most of them are pinball people like us.

#155 3 years ago

Quoted from Boat:Curious, OP, did you ever pick up the phone and call K's Arcade?

Now that's an akward question.

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Im confused, when did I say anything about cops?

You responded to a post about how the cops don't help, trying to justify their lack of helpfulness by accusing the guy of living in a shithole.

Please don't be obtuse.

#157 3 years ago

I have a feeling this this topic is soon to close...

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

You responded to a post about how the cops don't help, trying to justify their lack of helpfulness by accusing the guy of living in a shithole.
    Please don't be obtuse.

Nice try, but your way off. My comment had nothing to do with the cops. If you think its the polices fault that some neighborhoods are fucked up then you know nothing about policing.
    My comment was more of a surprise that the guy lists all this trouble in his neighborhood, then says he has been there for 11 years.
    Way to provide a safe home for your family Frax!

#159 3 years ago

What’s the term for when a dumpster fire becomes even more dumpster fiery? We need that for this thread and the Modern Pinball one..

#160 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

What’s the term for when a dumpster fire becomes even more dumpster fiery? We need that for this thread and the Modern Pinball one..

- The Double Dumpster?
    - Nested Dumpster Fire?

#161 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Dumpster inferno

#162 3 years ago

Matryoshka Dumpster fire

#163 3 years ago

This thread and others are a dumpster fire that has burning tires dumped into it and is then hit by a shit tornado.

#164 3 years ago
    Dm-xy8vX0AA_Zq7.jpgDm-xy8vX0AA_Zq7.jpg
    #165 3 years ago

Srsly how is this still open???

#166 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It's Entertaining... Sometimes you gotta just let folks Blow Off some Steam!

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

- The Double Dumpster?
    - Nested Dumpster Fire?

Twice baked Dumpster Fire

#168 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

It's Entertaining... Sometimes you gotta just let folks Blow Off some Steam!

I am amused how the OP has quietly exited stage right. Was on his side right up to the point he got out the poo-brush and used it on all cops.

Known some good ones and only one bad one (who got fired), most departments take the lead of local elected officials. The guys I worked with seemed to mostly be concerned with keeping people from murdering each other as they put it. Tough job.

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Still waiting on that apology too...

#170 3 years ago

Plus there's an international lottery ticket wager on it.

#171 3 years ago
    dumpsterfire.gifdumpsterfire.gif
    #172 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Twice baked Dumpster Fire

With extra cheese

#173 3 years ago

#174 3 years ago

I was told to come here and show some support for cops

My dad was cop for 27 years

This was his stick

A big black stick

It didn’t care what color you were, it would bust your head and have you streaming blood all down your face all the same

But it was a fair stick that would allow you to live another day and make a better person of yourself

A01C34B0-FC7C-4F6F-92A1-8481B741AD04 (resized).jpegA01C34B0-FC7C-4F6F-92A1-8481B741AD04 (resized).jpeg
    #175 3 years ago
    8329ABD1-20CD-4634-A3DC-A41746F7BD93.gif8329ABD1-20CD-4634-A3DC-A41746F7BD93.gif
    #176 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

It didn’t care what color you were, it would bust your head and have you streaming blood all down your face all the same

Story checks out.

#177 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Story checks out.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.gifexternal-content.duckduckgo.com.gif
    #178 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Second time you've posted to say that. I never understand this approach.

Are you calling attention to the thread to be closed? Do you have an issue with anything that has been discussed in the thread, but don't wish to vocalize it?

Just always a head scratcher, when "this isn't closed" or "in before it's closed!" comes into play. It adds nothing opinion wise, and just feels provocative in an empty, baseless way.

#179 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

One thing I like about Pinside is you can hide topics as you wish so you don't have to keep seeing it if it's gone off the rails or it's something you aren't interested in. Certain Pinsider you don't want to hear about? There's a button for that too.

You can even detach certain parts of the forum if they seem to get more in the way. I do this with a few subgroups. For example I have the modding groups hidden. It's not that I hate mods or against people that do them, it's just that I don't want to wade through all those threads when I want to see what's new everywhere else. But when I'm in the mood to talk about mods or see who is making what, I'll go out of my way and click on that group then, presto, nothing but mod threads.

#180 3 years ago

In what way is that a defense of the cops?

What have we come to when we need to "defend" the police as a whole? The politicians set the tone and give the police their boundaries. And we are responsible for the politicians. As a whole the police are overwhelming good people like the rest of us - most are role models IMO for putting themselves in danger for money that couldn't afford a NIB Stern; just like fire fighters and the military. I've had a gun, a very large one, pointed at my head in west Philly and someone breaking into my home in SC with a gun in the middle of the night and the police did nothing in both cases but I don't blame them. This has nothing to do with K's arcade or pinball but hopefully I won't get moderated since DanQverymuch is allowed to go strong.

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Second time you've posted to say that. I never understand this approach.
    Are you calling attention to the thread to be closed? Do you have an issue with anything that has been discussed in the thread, but don't wish to vocalize it?
    Just always a head scratcher, when "this isn't closed" or "in before it's closed!" comes into play. It adds nothing opinion wise, and just feels provocative in an empty, baseless way.

Sorry for being provocative in this elaborate discussion.

We left opinion lane long ago, the whole thread is a dumpster fire and the thread OP is srsly trying to attack K not only verbally.

Threads get closed and people banned for way less. But somehow unless you‘re not plainly calling someone names, show a bible or a cartoon of Donald Trump you can be as agressive, discriminating or whatever as you want.

And yes, that bugs me.

I‘m a delicate flower! :-*

#182 3 years ago

So become a mod. If you're not a mod, don't worry about how to do it.

#183 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

But it was a fair stick that would allow you to live another day and make a better person of yourself
    [quoted image]

I would concur....that thing looks like it's had its share of some SERIOUS ”fairness”.....

#184 3 years ago

Did any of you downvoters bother to read the article? I don't see anything in his post to "disagree" with. His paraphrasing of the article is accurate. What does it say about one's position when one can't even consider a contrary opinion?
    Luckydogg420, thank you for posting this link. Everyone should read it. It's straight from a former cop. Try and curb your emotions and really read it.

I’m fairly certain this thread is full of knee jerk reactions to a sensitive topic. I don’t think many people read the long article that I linked to, and assumed from the Essays title that it was all bad toward police, and that was somehow my opinion too. (Since I was moderated for posting the link)

It is true that not all cops are bastards, but as the article clearly outlined there are some issues with out current system. For example one thing that I agree with in the article is that you shouldn’t send a man with a gun to get a report from a rape victim. Simple small changes could have huge impact and at times we could do better.

#185 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I have a feeling this this topic is soon to close...

Kinda drifted away from "Buying and Selling Advice" hasn't it?

#186 3 years ago

That’s easily the highest downvote ratio to number of words I’ve ever experienced.

#187 3 years ago

Has Keith come on here to defend himself?

I think he's a member here.

#188 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

That’s easily the highest downvote ratio to number of words I’ve ever experienced.

Well, when you go into a pinball thread and chime in with "All cops are bastards" what do you expect?

#189 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Has Keith come on here to defend himself?
    I think he's a member here.

I don‘t think that would change peoples perspective and could make things possibly worse.

#190 3 years ago

I won't comment on K's, if you know me you know my opinion. But a big confirmation on International shipping sometimes taking months. No rhyme or reason, and most customers being patient even after 2. Some not. USPS is extremely unhelpful, and I've usually got a lot of respect for them, but in these cases they won't give me anything at all, nothing to indicate to the buyer I was trying to research. They blame COVID19 and delays in packages being held in Customs. Also it's my belief they are not sending planes until they are full.

Here's a short record, you can check these yourself at USPS.com

3/19/20 LX686226420US Arrived in Norway just 6/18, delivered 6/30
    3/20/20 LZ646626720US In Australia 4/24/20 not yet delivered
    3/27/20 HJ504369829US Arrived in Switzerland June 24th, delivered 6/30

4/2/20 UM629768569US Received in Canada 4/16/20 not yet delivered
    4/8/20 UA437303677US Left KC April 9th, The PO actually told me that for some reason it’s flagged not to be scanned
    4/9/20 CJ301527542US Left US May 23rd, delivered June 29
    4/9/20 CJ301461846US Didn’t leave US Customs until June 16, left the US June 29, customer would not wait and filed a claim on July 16th, finally departed a station in France yesterday

5/20/20 HJ505915260US Delivered 7/16/20
    5/20/20 HJ505916906US Same customer, 2nd box Shows left NY May 27th

Also, a package sent to me from The Netherlands on April 30th "left" for US May 2nd. It did not "arrive" in US Customs until July 5th, and I received it July 10.

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Well, when you go into a pinball thread and chime in with "All cops are bastards" what do you expect?

Well I guess I live in a bit of a bubble because I didn't realize how skewed blue Pinside is. My interactions mirror Frax's experiences more.

#192 3 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I won't comment on K's, if you know me you know my opinion. But a big confirmation on International shipping sometimes taking months. No rhyme or reason, and most customers being patient even after 2. Some not. USPS is extremely unhelpful, and I've usually got a lot of respect for them, but in these cases they won't give me anything at all, nothing to indicate to the buyer I was trying to research. They blame COVID19 and delays in packages being held in Customts. Also it's my belief they are not sending planes until they are full.
    Here's a short record, you can check these yourself at USPS.com
    3/19/20 LX686226420US Arrived in Norway just 6/18, delivered 6/30
    3/20/20 LZ646626720US In Australia 4/24/20 not yet delivered
    3/27/20 HJ504369829US Arrived in Switzerland June 24th, delievered 6/30
    4/2/20 UM629768569US Received in Canada 4/16/20 not yet delivered
    4/8/20 UA437303677US Left KC April 9th, The PO actually told me that for some reason it’s flagged not to be scanned
    4/9/20 CJ301527542US Left US May 23rd, delivered June 29
    4/9/20 CJ301461846US Didn’t leave US Customs until June 16, left the US June 29, customer would not wait and filed a claim on July 16th, finally departed a station in France yesterday
    5/20/20 HJ505915260US Delivered 7/16/20
    5/20/20 HJ505916906US Same customer, 2nd box Shows left NY May 27th

USPS international is crazy slow out and inbound. I had a customer in Belgium take 70 days to receive something. I few to AUS and NZ about that long too. Seems like they sit in Chicago for over a month but it is getting faster.

There is probably a warehouse in Chicago with 20million china post bubble packs waiting to be delivered.

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Well I guess I live in a bit of a bubble because I didn't realize how skewed blue Pinside is. My interactions mirror Frax's experiences more.

Does it really have to skew this side or that? Can't individuals be assessed...as individuals?

The massive polarity choices are entirely what the media thrive on, profit from, and relish.

#194 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Does it really have to skew this side or that? Can't individuals be assessed...as individuals?

The root of that particular phrase is in the good ones not doing anything to stop the bad ones, hence "all". But I'll leave it at that, this is off-topic.

#196 3 years ago

Frax? Is that you?

(PS - If you hate this country so much, I hear Canada is lovely this time of year. Just an idea.)

#197 3 years ago

You sound really, really frustrated, and that sucks.

The entire country, and world, certainly has so much tension on it, and in so many different capacities.

Try and take a break from being online. I know Twitter for me, often feels distressing, and I'm sure forums and Facebook, etc, only often serve to raise tensions.

Be good to yourself buddy, and do something you enjoy, and feel better. Or try to anyway.

#198 3 years ago

I'm not trying to start anything with you, but from one human being to another human being, you should really be careful about wishing bad on others. I truly believe in Karma, which you may already be experiencing.

#199 3 years ago

Um.... this thread is now headed for the burning dumpster after that RANT! Whew... I take back the blow off steam comment now... Wow!

#200 3 years ago

I know this is way off subject now for this thread but I ordered a Rottendog board from K’s back in January and I got it like a week later.

He even wrote thank you on the receipt!

20F37CFC-4E5C-4936-B0B2-FD557C424CD8 (resized).jpeg20F37CFC-4E5C-4936-B0B2-FD557C424CD8 (resized).jpeg
    There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-k-s-arcade-under-all-circumstances/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.