Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 241 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

late (resized).jpeg
    CC6A9106-BE58-4A1F-951B-A70A8AE68B19 (resized).png
    55A0FF96-2B93-4B94-B71A-10C2ADCF4DAF (resized).png
    8BCD9868-0E32-417E-9F7F-39676C3A68AA.gif
    sassy2 (resized).jpg
    Al, Cliffy and Steve (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    20F37CFC-4E5C-4936-B0B2-FD557C424CD8 (resized).jpeg
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif
    8329ABD1-20CD-4634-A3DC-A41746F7BD93.gif
    A01C34B0-FC7C-4F6F-92A1-8481B741AD04 (resized).jpeg
    dumpsterfire.gif
    Dm-xy8vX0AA_Zq7.jpg
    Name Names (resized).jpg
    calitex (resized).jpg
    51D843DD-7A32-40C5-A6A1-9F6AE5989709.gif

There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Such implied derogatory intent is one of the most ignorant and uninformed statements I've seen in some time here on Pinside.

Hell man,just turn on the Main Street media for 5 minutes you'll hear this and worse about police officers

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sleepy:

I think some people on this forum might not know what this acronym stands for. It stands for All Cops Are Bastards, something I do not agree with.

I'd seen it places, twitter for sure. Finally looked it up after the post above.

I can't imagine the lunacy most cops, medics, nurses, cashiers, that anyone in public service has to deal with day in, day out.

God bless the Garbage men too, especially in summer and winter.

(I carried mail for ten years. I know the ever luvin' shit that work can bring, at any given moment.)

#103 3 years ago

Is there a score board for who’s winning this argument? I’m lost on all the points being made

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That was intended to be sarcastic. I'm well aware of the Mad issues.

Meh, I flipped a coin. You need more practice.

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sleepy:

I think some people on this forum might not know what this acronym stands for. It stands for All Cops Are Bastards, something I do not agree with.

I wonder if it stems from this essay titled Confessions of a former bastard cop? It’s a good eye opening read. In short, not all cops are bastards, but the good cops lookout for the bad cops, making them all bastards. The essay goes on to talk about how police don’t stop crime, they show up after it happens and take notes, then hopefully arresting someone later. It puts a perspective on the issue that I’d not thought about before.

https://medium.com/@OfcrACab/confessions-of-a-former-bastard-cop-bb14d17bc759

#106 3 years ago

What a shit show .
    In before the lock

#107 3 years ago

All these anti-cop comments make me sick. I hope none of you ever need to call them for help.

Emotional nitwits! You should be ashamed!

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from xamindar:

The seller has full responsibility for any lost shipments (because he paid for the shipment and insurance) and should have refunded him in full when it was certain it was lost.

to be fair the seller often gets screwed on lost shipments, especially by UPS. I used to have to work in a job where I had to deal with UPS's claims department, and getting them to pay out on damage/loss claims was a nightmare.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from GolfKill:

to be fair the seller often gets screwed on lost shipments, especially by UPS. I used to have to work in a job where I had to deal with UPS's claims department, and getting them to pay out on damage/loss claims was a nightmare.

100% understandable. Not the customers problem. It's the cost of doing business

Everyone wants to run as lean as possible instead of building robustness so that you can handle these issues.

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from GolfKill:

But that has nothing to do with the customer. Any seller who tries to shift that risk and responsibility over to the buyer should not be in business.

#111 3 years ago

I feel bad for the cops who have their time wasted by pussies who call them up just because someone living on the same street is playing their guitar "too loud."

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Hell man,just turn on the Main Street media for 5 minutes you'll hear this and worse about police officers

Um, the phrase is "mainstream media," and I will leave any conclusions to be drawn from the error as an exercise for the reader.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I wonder if it stems from this essay titled Confessions of a former bastard cop? It’s a good eye opening read. In short, not all cops are bastards, but the good cops lookout for the bad cops, making them all bastards. The essay goes on to talk about how police don’t stop crime, they show up after it happens and take notes, then hopefully arresting someone later. It puts a perspective on the issue that I’d not thought about before.
    https://medium.com/@OfcrACab/confessions-of-a-former-bastard-cop-bb14d17bc759

Did any of you downvoters bother to read the article? I don't see anything in his post to "disagree" with. His paraphrasing of the article is accurate. What does it say about one's position when one can't even consider a contrary opinion?

Luckydogg420, thank you for posting this link. Everyone should read it. It's straight from a former cop. Try and curb your emotions and really read it.

#114 3 years ago

Both sides to blame here. Seller maybe a little more. Tone does not transfer well via email, so both parties should have been using business pleasant tone. Neither of them did, mostly the buyer. This type of escalation is 100% predictable and it's more the seller's obligation to know and adjust for tone.

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

I feel bad for the cops who have their time wasted by pussies who call them up just because someone living on the same street is playing their guitar "too loud."

One of the neighbors call the cops on you again this morning for the guitar being to loud?

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

One of the neighbors call the cops on you again this morning for the guitar being to loud?

It was me....

#117 3 years ago

LOL, I mis you man. Arizona hasn’t been the same since you left.

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

LOL, I mis you man. Arizona hasn’t been the same since you left.

Ha! MN hasn't been the same since I arrived....miss all of you guys.

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Ha! MN hasn't been the same since I arrived....

I imagine that’s probably true.

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Did any of you downvoters bother to read the article? I don't see anything in his post to "disagree" with. His paraphrasing of the article is accurate. What does it say about one's position when one can't even consider a contrary opinion?
    Luckydogg420, thank you for posting this link. Everyone should read it. It's straight from a former cop. Try and curb your emotions and really read it.

I didn't downvote his post, as I hadn't read the article.

Just did now though.

I definitely agree with some of his statements and ideas, and proposals, but I also disagree with his overarching generalizations and his general sense of balance in what he's seen, been a part of, and describing.

I also will say, I read an article recently, an editorial mind you, that stated there are 375,000,000 police interactions with citizens annually in this country. I've always thought on this point, of how many direct and indirect engagements officers have annually, and proportionately how few deaths and infractions occur as a result.

Millions of engagements, but still a small number of engagements where things might, and often should, have been handled differently. Media skews and focuses ENTIRELY on the inflammatory, versus focusing on the positives, as positives are dull, and have no ratings value.

To that effect, this article leans to that concept as well. He minimizes his own positive deeds as an officer, to focus solely on depicting ALL officers as misguided, and animalistic.

All of that said, law enforcement, and the military, DO restructure you, to become a tool, a weapon, an enforcer. That unfortunately needs to happen, as a massive population thrives and only becomes greater in number.

Christ, I can't even ask my neighbors to politely stop having their dogs piss in my yard, signs are up even, yet alone could random villagers prevent some nutjob like Genghis Khan from existing?

When a number more than one human exists, resources will be fought for. Natural gathering, and resource management fuel directly into ideas of property and capitalism. As long as there are large groups of people, law enforcement needs to exist. Period. Sadly. But not sadly, as we are animals, like any other. And we will all fight one another for that last scrap of meat to survive.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

police don’t stop crime

When you write something like this, do you actually believe it or are you just stirring the pot? The mental gymnastics that it takes to even consider that to be true is astounding.

Did any of you downvoters bother to read the article?

I for one, loved the part about "city council had requested a new zero tolerance policy." A city council, in California, telling the cops what to do... and they followed the "request"... even a smooth brain can deduce why a city council doesn't want the police to focus on real crimes. Hell, the city council in Minneapolis is calling for the MPLS police to be defunded and/or replaced - i.e. Jeremiah Ellison who openly wrote support for Antifa (just like his attorney general of MN daddy, Keith Ellison), or Lisa Bender who is the Minneapolis City Council President (it's amazing how hard it was to find this interview online)

Maybe the problem is not the police being bastards, but the fact that they are being hogtied by city councils in liberal cities because of reasons... Who the fuck would want to be a cop now? Especially after what they did to the cops in Atlanta (we could write a whole essay on that situation, and a novel of what the prosecutor did at his press conference (tasers are or are not deadly weapons, etc, etc)).

"Ya'll Muthaf*$kas need Jesus."

#122 3 years ago

How is this thread still open?

#123 3 years ago

Isn’t there like a stay on topic rule

“K’s Arcade is bad”

“Oh yeah? Well F the police!”

51D843DD-7A32-40C5-A6A1-9F6AE5989709.gif51D843DD-7A32-40C5-A6A1-9F6AE5989709.gif
    #124 3 years ago

My experience w Keith is that he can be cantankerous and a little short, but he makes things right in the end.

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

All these anti-cop comments make me sick. I hope none of you ever need to call them for help.
    Emotional nitwits! You should be ashamed!

Speaking personally? I've needed the cops about...hm...let's see...

Front door kicked in, wife walked in on someone trying to steal our shit....They did nothing.

Car windows smashed 3 times. Had video of the shitheads last time....did nothing.

Patio window got bricks tossed through it.... did nothing.

Someone backed into us in a parking lot in broad daylight, we were PARKED, NOT MOVING..... yep...cops did nothing, and the lady that showed up from the PD actually threatened to take us in?

Got rear-ended on the highway, didn't need the cops for that either...in fact, didn't even call them on that one.

Gunfire behind my house 2-4 times a week for the last 11 years? Nope, they don't do anything about that either.

Loud blaring music from the low rent apartments across that creek anytime it's over 80F outside? Yep, won't do shit.

It doesn't matter what you need. If it's not rape, murder, or arson....good luck getting any help with anything, regardless of how minor or major it is. I don't need some link from some ex-cop to tell me that they're utterly useless for anything but the most serious crimes (and I'm not talking about smoking some pot, even though most PDs seem to think that's the HIGHEST CRIME OF ALL *rimshot*). I have more than enough personal experience over a decade to know that the police force has been completely neutered for a long-ass time, long before any of the current day stuff started. They either choose to do nothing, or are too lazy to actually do any detective work to track people down.....if it's not going to make a headline against them....nothing happens.

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Gunfire behind my house 2-4 times a week for the last 11 years? Nope, they don't do anything about that either.

Damn that’s crazy that they won’t even show for shots fired.
    Any stray bullets head your way?

I thought I heard gunfire twice in the last 35 years where I’m at.

#127 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Front door kicked in, wife walked in on someone trying to steal our shit....They did nothing.

Car windows smashed 3 times. Had video of the shitheads last time....did nothing.

Why haven't you moved out of there? Sounds like an awful place to live.

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from xamindar:

Why haven't you moved out of there? Sounds like an awful place to live.

Yep, I would have hit the road long ago. But that's just me... Everybody has different circumstances.

#129 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Speaking personally?

It'll get better with all of CA moving there soon...

calitex (resized).jpgcalitex (resized).jpg
    #130 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Isn’t there like a stay on topic rule
    “K’s Arcade is bad”
    “Oh yeah? Well F the police!”

OP specifically brought it up, so it's on topic for this thread.

#131 3 years ago

This was a fun read.

OP has a viable complaint, but IMO went about it the wrong way. Aggressive emails and name calling? I'm not at all shocked at how this turned out.

Also, if the refund was issued on June 19th, wouldn't you have noticed that and therefore saved a lot of time and aggravation?

I'm in the USA. I ordered 2 parts in mid-March. I received 1 part and was told the 2nd would be delayed with no time table. After one month I sent an email to the company and got no response. I sent a second email in June and was told that they suffered illnesses and even an employee death. They needed time to recover emotionally, but also had to work twice as hard to fulfill orders. My email was one of hundreds or thousands they had no time to respond to.

I got my 2nd part last week. Didn't complain. Didn't get mad. Everything worked out. And even if it didn't... so what? I'm out a few bucks? Worst things happen in life.

#132 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Can we please get any hate speech shitting on cops, out of this thread...and any thread, please?
    No "_____" is anything. Broad stereotypes are asinine, and only create more hate and division.

I say leave it in. I'd like to know who on Pinside are idiots, so I can avoid them, not do business with, ignore, etc...

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

I say leave it in. I'd like to know who on Pinside are idiots, so I can avoid them, not do business with, ignore, etc...

Well, guess I'm an idiot, for being moderated for discussing topics brought up by other members.

The entire thread somewhat has no theme at this point, and the OP seems to have left. Rather than moderate multiple people, why not just close the thread...?

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Well, guess I'm an idiot, for being moderated for discussing topics brought up by other members.
    The entire thread somewhat has no theme at this point, and the OP seems to have left. Rather than moderate multiple people, why not just close the thread...?

Hard to run a crusade when you choose not to engage. Look at WHO got moderated, not WHY...and then compare WHY they got moderated with other posts on the thread that are untouched.

It's not rocket science.

#135 3 years ago

I could name 3 pinsiders whom are free to post anything they wish and "absolutely will not be moderated" while all those around them get banned, it's just a fact and I have learned it does no good to complain or worse comment anything that is contrary to their statements, it's a "one way road" make no mistake about it.

#136 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I could name 3 pinsiders

Name Names (resized).jpgName Names (resized).jpg
    #137 3 years ago

Wouldn't change anything to name them, most here know already they just won't say it out loud. Take a close look at that "virus thread" and it won't take long to figure it out. 99% of those banned were responding to someone else's comment but you'll also notice those same people(s) who initiated those responses are still there and still spouting the same BS and nothing has ever been done period nor will action be taken. Just simple truth, hell you can see it in this thread.

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I could name 3 pinsiders whom are free to post anything they wish and "absolutely will not be moderated" while all those around them get banned, it's just a fact that and I have learned it does no good to complain or worse comment anything that is contrary to their statements, it's a "one way road" make no mistake about it.

Im wondering if they would be on the list for a thread titled: "Top 10 Pinsiders to block to make Pinside awesome again (in no particular order)"

You'd have to visit Reddit or something for that one to exist though, im sure...

#139 3 years ago

So Frax posted twice and went inactive?

#140 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Im wondering if they'd would be on the list for a thread titled:

lol you'd be committing suicide to say the least. I visit reddit pretty readily but very seldom comment, I think maybe once or twice at most. I do like some of the reviews on pin play members make though on that site and is why I come back. They would be the list.

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Voluntarily or suggested.........that is the question.

#143 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

More impatient people getting pissed at sellers who have nothing to do at all with the worldwide shipping delays because of the pandemic. Multiply the frustration of each buyer by a factor of 100+, and that's what the sellers are experiencing. Commitments from all the shipping companies are being missed, customs are holding packages for an inordinate amount of time (I suspect a non-admitted period of quarantine), and no matter what the cause the shipping companies are using Covid as a carte blanche excuse.
    Admittedly, frustration does not excuse poor interactions with customers, but given the current climate I can certainly understand people reaching their boiling points. Quite honestly, I've read a few of these "cancel" type threads, and the only thing I've been motivated to do is actually buy things from the sellers to help support them and their businesses.

On topic digression. I have had several delays in shipments during the pandemic. I took the polite stance and was rewarded by the company with free gifts in the box.

I know it's a different situation. I have chosen not to order some things because of shipping during the pandemic.

Essentially I'm only getting what I need not what I want right now. I plan on continuing this trend until 2021 at least. Maybe 2022, but that is a bit long to predict today.

Digression over...

#144 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Speaking personally? I've needed the cops about...hm...let's see...
    Someone backed into us in a parking lot in broad daylight, we were PARKED, NOT MOVING..... yep...cops did nothing, and the lady that showed up from the PD actually threatened to take us in?
    Got rear-ended on the highway, didn't need the cops for that either...in fact, didn't even call them on that one.
    Loud blaring music from the low rent apartments across that creek anytime it's over 80F outside? Yep, won't do shit.
    It doesn't matter what you need. If it's not rape, murder, or arson....good luck getting any help with anything, regardless of how minor or major it is. I don't need some link from some ex-cop to tell me that they're utterly useless for anything but the most serious crimes (and I'm not talking about smoking some pot, even though most PDs seem to think that's the HIGHEST CRIME OF ALL *rimshot*). I have more than enough personal experience over a decade to know that the police force has been completely neutered for a long-ass time, long before any of the current day stuff started. They either choose to do nothing, or are too lazy to actually do any detective work to track people down.....if it's not going to make a headline against them....nothing happens.

Sounds like you live in a shithole.

#145 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

He's another Moberg and Otaku who post a huge "F you pinside I'm gone and not coming back" then show back up a few weeks later and still bitch about the same things they left over.

#146 3 years ago
    Quoted from no-extra-balls:

He's another Moberg and Otaku who post a huge "F you pinside I'm gone and not coming back" then show back up a few weeks later and still bitch about the same things they left over.

They can only do so 3 times and then it's perm.

#147 3 years ago

Sounds like you live in a shithole.

Relevance?

In what way is that a defense of the cops? Seems like the opposite.

#148 3 years ago

Relevance?
    In what way is that a defense of the cops? Seems like the opposite.

Im confused, when did I say anything about cops?

#149 3 years ago

Im confused, when did I say anything about cops?

Didn't you read the thread title, this is the "cops, what are they good for?" thread. Absolutist statements only please, no room for nuance on this issue.

There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-k-s-arcade-under-all-circumstances/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.