Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 241 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

late (resized).jpeg
    CC6A9106-BE58-4A1F-951B-A70A8AE68B19 (resized).png
    55A0FF96-2B93-4B94-B71A-10C2ADCF4DAF (resized).png
    8BCD9868-0E32-417E-9F7F-39676C3A68AA.gif
    sassy2 (resized).jpg
    Al, Cliffy and Steve (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    20F37CFC-4E5C-4936-B0B2-FD557C424CD8 (resized).jpeg
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif
    8329ABD1-20CD-4634-A3DC-A41746F7BD93.gif
    A01C34B0-FC7C-4F6F-92A1-8481B741AD04 (resized).jpeg
    dumpsterfire.gif
    Dm-xy8vX0AA_Zq7.jpg
    Name Names (resized).jpg
    calitex (resized).jpg
    51D843DD-7A32-40C5-A6A1-9F6AE5989709.gif
    There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flavour:

I think a lot of you are doing exactly what Keith did: you don't read and understand the whole thing. You don't understand what happened. You skim over some parts of read the headline and then have an immediate knee-jerk reaction of "buyer is impatient, his fault, durr durr".
    That's no what happened at all. What happened is that Keith assumed that I refused to pay duties and thus assumed that the item had been returned to him. He did a partial refund of 85% minus the shipping. I didn't notice the partial refund because it landed in my spam folder.
    He refused to look into it despite several emails with screenshots. Apparently he had "no reason not to assume the worst". When asked for the remaining 15% + shipping (a combined $87) he told me to fuck off and blocked my email.
    How is that fair? How is that just? I had to involve a third party (PayPal) and even phone UPS twice to get my money back. How would you feel if this happened to you?

I believe most people understand his mistake perfectly.

It's your rudeness and abuse that most probably don't understand. If a man makes a mistake it doesn't give you the right to call him names.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'll go $5 on page 4 or that it never happens.

$5 Lottery ticket on page 3. Go you halves if it's a winner.

You can't have 'never happens' though.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sorry, I have the attention span of a third grader that had three bowls of fruit loops for breakfast.

calvin (resized).pngcalvin (resized).png
    #54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flavour:

I think a lot of you are doing exactly what Keith did: you don't read and understand the whole thing. You don't understand what happened. You skim over some parts of read the headline and then have an immediate knee-jerk reaction of "buyer is impatient, his fault, durr durr".
    That's no what happened at all. What happened is that Keith assumed that I refused to pay duties and thus assumed that the item had been returned to him. He did a partial refund of 85% minus the shipping. I didn't notice the partial refund because it landed in my spam folder.
    He refused to look into it despite several emails with screenshots. Apparently he had "no reason not to assume the worst". When asked for the remaining 15% + shipping (a combined $87) he told me to fuck off and blocked my email.
    How is that fair? How is that just? I had to involve a third party (PayPal) and even phone UPS twice to get my money back. How would you feel if this happened to you?

The package was never lost and you asked for a refund while it was in transit.

I‘m sure K would just have sent it again when they got the package back and you showed that it was a mistake.

But yes, he could‘ve called when you show that the import taxes were paid but reading your mails I wouldn‘t have done it either.

Btw. In my opinion you should be banned for the thread title wich could do serious harm to K‘s bussiness abd is in no proper relation to what happened.
    Basically what you‘re doing with this headline is you try forcing him to close down his business, ruining his personal career and live, because someone else mismanaged a tax payment. - You should reflect about that if you think this is an appropriate reaction.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

It's your rudeness and abuse that most probably don't understand. If a man makes a mistake it doesn't give you the right to call him names.

I don't get it either. Seller seemed pretty tolerant, and wanting to help. OP seemed highly impatient, demanding, presumptuous, then outright rude, among other things.

Getting upset is one thing. Getting upset and airing out dirty, poop filled laundry that only makes yourself look bad, much worse....

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

The real question is, is "ass-hole" a name ?

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flavour:

Maybe Keith was a US-cop before starting his Pinball business?

From all of my family members who have devoted their lives to law enforcement, “Go F yourself.”

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sorry, I have the attention span of a third grader that had three bowls of fruit loops for breakfast.

I had Quisp. And NOONE had more than 1 bowl.
    That would undermine the raw materials to make Cap'n Crunch..and we would not do that.
    We worked together back then.
    Cereal mattered.
    Cerealsly.

#59 3 years ago

I’ve bought from K over the years and it’s been perfect every time.

He’s got a stand up work ethic and like PBR takes no bs. Old school. I respect that.

He’s getting more of my business because of this thread.

#60 3 years ago

Bought once from K’s and I swore I’d never do it again. If you have to deal with him for anything outside of sending him money, lol, good luck. He has absolutely no customer service skills...NONE.

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

The real question is, is "ass-hole" a name ?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #62 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

It's your rudeness and abuse that most probably don't understand. If a man makes a mistake it doesn't give you the right to call him names

If you read the original emails, he never called him names. “Rudeness and abuse”. WTF do you mean by that? This guy was straight up lied to by the shipper. The shipper assumed the worst from a new customer instead of insuring a positive transaction.

After a month with no response from the seller and no shipment in hand I’d be equally as pissed off. I dont understand how anyone can think it’s ok for a business that’s in the wrong (said it was delayed), And then wrongfully blaming a customer (Said tax wasn’t paid) who through no fault of their own (paid and waited long enough) didn’t receive your product. Is a good business to deal with.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Btw. In my opinion you should be banned for the thread title wich could do serious harm to K‘s bussiness abd is in no proper relation to what happened.
    Basically what you‘re doing with this headline is you try forcing him to close down his business, ruining his personal career and live, because someone else mismanaged a tax payment

I will absolutely avoid K’s if this is how they treat new foreign customers. .....and your wrong; there was no mismanaged tax payment. The paperwork clearly shows the customer paid them. It’s a lost parcel

#63 3 years ago

Roman Maroni.
    Too good GTO, just too good.

Nice rocket fuel on a dying fire above.
    Now the entertainment will live on and on...or at least through the weekend.

I don't see what the fuss is all aboot?

#64 3 years ago

Looks like it's the US vs. Canada on this one.

#65 3 years ago

How does the title of this thread not violate some sort of Pinside rule?

Yes, K's are very strict in a lot of ways and their praises and shortcomings have been well documented in the past on Pinside. Personally I buy my boards from Big Daddy or Kohout if possible. If not, I certainly have no problem buying from K's, the have an amazing selection and the Swemmer boards are really, really nice.

#66 3 years ago

I did a lot of sales in April , i am doing a lot of refunds in May and June. Stuff is taking forever to ship. Sellers on ebay have no protection. I have been waiting for months for items i ordered. You have to be really , really , really patient.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flavour:

Maybe Keith was a US-cop before starting his Pinball business? Man, fuck that guy and his shitty website. I hope he goes bankrupt.

Really?

What an awful and immature thing to say.

#68 3 years ago

(edited)

#69 3 years ago

I can confirm that packages coming to Canada from the US are taking upwards of a month to arrive. This is not exclusive to any of the many US suppliers I order from weekly.The bottleneck occurs at the border when it must clear customs, and tracking updates stop as soon as the shipment hits their facility, which is usually within a couple of days. I normally import the items myself from my upstate NY location, meaning I can have products within a few days ready to go. In normal times. Since the border has closed, I have been at the mercy of customs and shipping, and indeed patience is the virtue required. While it is an inconvenience, to be honest pinball parts and their timely arrival are not my biggest concern, and I'm a pinball parts supplier... The system is beyond overloaded and I'm just glad I can still get what I need. We have brought in a lot of extra inventory to help prevent lengthy backorders and to distribute the much higher shipping costs by bringing in as much as possible per shipment, and so far not many people have had to wait for long (my apologies to those who did so) . I understand the frustration of the OP, but at this time I dont think any businesses need to be given grief over a situation that is crippling much more than their ability to ship internationally in a flash. Glad OP was covered by PayPal and is not out any money, and wishing the best for K's and all the others with their lives invested in this business or any for that matter.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flavour:

Such implied derogatory intent is one of the most ignorant and uninformed statements I've seen in some time here on Pinside.

#71 3 years ago

I went back and forth on this one. KsArcade messed up in jumping to conclusions for sure, and the emails were pretty condescending. That would've pissed me off. I was on the OPs side.

KsArcade did admit the mistake and kind of apologize though, and then the OP escalated, so I was on KsArcade's side.

Then:

Quoted from Flavour:

Fuck off, hows that for reality.
    Blocked your email because you are an ass-hole.

Customer isn't always right, but geez. Is that indicative of character or just someone who has lost their poo? Back on the OPs side now!

But wait! Just when it looked like we had a winner:

Quoted from Flavour:

Maybe Keith was a US-cop before starting his Pinball business? Man, fuck that guy and his shitty website. I hope he goes bankrupt.

Now I feel like both parties either had a really bad couple of weeks or should seek therapy.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolffcub:

Fuck off, hows that for reality.
    Blocked your email because you are an ass-hole.
    I'm going to use this for the bottom signature for my emails from now on........ its perfect.

Hey, at least he properly used "you are" instead of "your"

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

... He’s got a stand up work ethic and like PBR takes no bs. Old school. I respect that.

I do too. God bless PBR!

PBR (resized).jpgPBR (resized).jpg

#74 3 years ago

I think both parties behaved poorly but I think the seller should be held to a higher standard as he is a business and dealing with the public is part of running a business.

It's just a stupid business move to call a customer an asshole and shows a weakness in his character. It is now part of his business's reputation.

Yes, the buyer also lost his composure, but any reputable business should have a thicker skin dealing with the public. They have a responsibility to remain professional.

I think K's Arcade was the bigger asshole in the end.

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Looks like it's the US vs. Canada on this one.

C22C6044-9D96-42C9-A5B9-53690177A74C.gifC22C6044-9D96-42C9-A5B9-53690177A74C.gif
    #76 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I do too. God bless PBR!
    [quoted image]

Yeah and I’m sure you high rollers drink Schlitz too. Fucking rich people....

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I think both parties behaved poorly but I think the seller should be held to a higher standard as he is a business and dealing with the public is part of running a business.
    It's just a stupid business move to call a customer an asshole and shows a weakness in his character. It is now part of his business's reputation.
    Yes, the buyer also lost his composure, but any reputable business should have a thicker skin dealing with the public. They have a responsibility to remain professional.
    I think K's Arcade was the bigger asshole in the end.

LOL, edited your post I see!!

#78 3 years ago

Business plan:

1. Jump to conclusions
    2. Call customer an ass-hole and tell them to fuck off
    3. ???
    4. Profit!

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

LOL, edited your post I see!!

Yeah, I still think Trump is a fucking moron, but it's against Pinside rules to say that, so I edited it out.

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flavour:

I almost upvoted you until I read this? This shows your level of "intelligence".

#81 3 years ago

I usually don't post on threads like this but as a great customer experience many times with Ks I feel if this happened to me i would be reaching out as well especially when i paid duties for no delivered parcel. I have had this happen to me before but duties were not paid ahead of time. I do think the parcel made it to Richmond B.C. but something went array on UPS side. I feel UPS is who should be to blame as the start of all this and the other 2 parties got a little hot and heavy to quickly. But it does suck when dealing with issues like this as you have to rely on the sender to do most the leg work but yet the consumer is out purchase cost and customs and no parcel.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from Astill:

I did a lot of sales in April , i am doing a lot of refunds in May and June. Stuff is taking forever to ship. Sellers on ebay have no protection. I have been waiting for months for items i ordered. You have to be really , really , really patient.

Yep, I've shipped a lot of stuff this year, and international packages have been taking 30-90 days to arrive. Fortunately most have been understanding.

I did have one package come back due to customs not being paid, and the customer said he got no notification--I gave him a full refund with no issue (was already 90 days later at that point). Covid is causing all sorts of shipping issues, particularly with less planes for packages, so hopefully international buyers know to be patient--the delays are stressful for both ends

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flavour:

This is where you really stepped in it bud... I think an apology is in order on your behalf here...

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Yeah and I’m sure you high rollers drink Schlitz too. Fucking rich people....

I wish.

AND ... oh for a Schlitz - the first beer that I got sick on in my youth in Chicago! This "high roller" (lol) now has to satisfy himself with all the fancy schmancy craft beers available here in the Pac NW. Boo hoo for me.

As for the OP and K's Arcade, I'm going to crack open a cold one at the end of the day and toast to better future business experiences for the both of them in the future! This particular one was unfortunate to say the least.

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I wish.
    AND ... oh for a Schlitz - the first beer that I got sick on in my youth in Chicago! This "high roller" (lol) now has to satisfy himself with all the fancy schmancy craft beers available here in the Pac NW. Boo hoo for me.
    As for the OP and K's Arcade, I'm going to crack open a cold one at the end of the day and toast to better future business experiences for the both of them in the future! This particular one was unfortunate to say the least.

0EEBA656-061B-48CF-9A31-779E312CD53B (resized).jpeg0EEBA656-061B-48CF-9A31-779E312CD53B (resized).jpeg
    #86 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Such implied derogatory intent is one of the most ignorant and uninformed statements I've seen in some time here on Pinside.

When you've got a user named "Mr. Tantrum" giving you advice on how to behave, you know you've acted out to the extreme...!

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

This is where you really stepped in it bud... I think an apology is in order on your behalf here...

Dont forget this gem

Quoted from Flavour:

and don’t treat me like a retard

#88 3 years ago

OP are you still around?

Give us a sign.

#89 3 years ago

Was right with the poster until the ignorant cop comment.

In any case the K's guy handled it terribly. The seller has full responsibility for any lost shipments (because he paid for the shipment and insurance) and should have refunded him in full when it was certain it was lost. The responses by the seller and lies they spouted back to the buyer are atrocious, what a terrible person.

I had a similar experience with a dishwasher part I ordered. 2 months later the tracking still said the same thing...it was obviously lost. I contacted the seller and explained the issue. They verified and promptly sent me another shipment, advising me to refuse the original one if it should ever arrive. a week later I received the second shipment and was happy. Another week or two later I also received the original shipment. I did as asked and refused that one and off it went back to the seller.

THAT is how any seller should handle these issues. Anything less and you are a terrible seller.

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flavour:

he told me I'm an "ass-hole" (WTF spells it like that?)

Gernerally speaking the hyphenated spelling of the word “ass hole” is predominately used in law enforcement as a descriptive for a Canadian douche bag.

Now you know.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flavour:

Logged in just to tell you to fuck off.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

.....and your wrong; there was no mismanaged tax payment. The paperwork clearly shows the customer paid them. It’s a lost parcel

No. It is not lost. It was sent back to K and is right there.

It was sent back because the shipment service allocated the import fees payment wrong.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from xamindar:

Was right with the poster until the ignorant cop comment.

To me, that one comment he made says it all. Nothing left to see....

#94 3 years ago

I’ve ordered dozens of times from K’s for work. Never had a single issue. I agree with the others - order from a company in your country.

#95 3 years ago

(edited)

#97 3 years ago

For me personally I found out K's Arcade was literally in my city and I caught him mowing the lawn. Nice fellow and I got a Rottendog board for my BSD. I believe he moved away years ago but I didn't have a problem with him and the prices were cheap. *Also guys can be Karens too. They don't have be racist either.

#98 3 years ago

Can we please get any hate speech shitting on cops, out of this thread...and any thread, please?

No "_____" is anything. Broad stereotypes are asinine, and only create more hate and division.

#100 3 years ago

I think some people on this forum might not know what this acronym stands for. It stands for All Cops Are Bastards, something I do not agree with.

There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-k-s-arcade-under-all-circumstances/page/2?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.