tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#499 2 years ago

Crazi's post is spot on, but one does have to wonder, if pinball prices weren't 2-3 times what they were 'in the old days' if there'd be less complaining. People expect collector quality because they are PAYING collector quality prices. I realize back then everything cost less in general, but those devices were made to make money back and get beat up. If you are going to charge a premium and know that your market has changed, expect people to actually want premium. If you aren't willing to back your product, you are just going to drive yourself out of a job eventually. Do you want to make a legacy, or are you just in it for a quick buck?

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Wow , that's amazing , what are the odds , the only bowed playfields went to people who stream , Carl D'Angelo , Jeff Teolis , Neil McRae

This is another thing that chaps my hide about companies today, but...that's a different thread.

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Exactly. So how come Stern also had issues with playfields in the last 24 months or so? Everybody remembers the Ghostbusters fiasco.
All pinball companies and their customers would benefit from having a good playfield manufacturer around.
I understand that JJP is handling this issue poorly. But let's not lose focus on the fact that the catalyst is a 3rd party pf maker.
I am the second owner of my Hobbit LE. Even though I am not the original owner, JJP sent me for free, all the recall components over a period of months. They even paid for shipping. These components include instructions with color pictures.
I mean, there's no way anybody at JJP wanted this GnR PF fiasco. Of course not...

The thing is these pinball manufacturers are the ones putting themselves in these situations.

They clearly said 'playfield issues have been resolved'. There is only 1 way to know that. To actually play it, and play it and play it. Same with any other recurring issue. It isn't going to show itself after a few minor flips of the ball.

It doesn't take a microscope to find many of these issues after a few 100 plays. I mean this across the board. If you can't take the time to actually test your product before mass producing it, that's on you. I'm not speaking of just JJP. Most all of the manufacturers have been guilty of this. You aren't going to find every issue, but the stuff people are complaining about aren't unknowns.

The difference is in how they proceed from there.

#689 2 years ago

Haggis did the sledgehammer test, time for someone to one up them with the chainsaw test. Then and only then will we know the pf's and art/clear are solid.

#694 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Nobody can seem to chime in here without taking a side, it’s fuckin gold

That's the way of the world these days.

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from loghome895:

I blame EVERYTHING on COVID !

Dutch Elm Disease is a serious threat!

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

FFS, why don't we just go back to the days of only Stern making games and barely scraping by? Why does everyone have to pick a team and hate on the other manufacurers constantly? Not to mention hate on the people who enjoy different pins or enjoy pinball in different ways from themselves? What a waste of flipping time. We all (supposedly) love pinball. I wonder if some of the people on here even like pinball so much as they like trying to look like badasses on pinside. News flash... you're still all dorks.

This has nothing to do with pinball. Throw out a industry and someone has taken a side. Brand loyalty is a real thing, even though these days there's almost zero reason to have any. Every company can turn to shit at the drop of the hat once they shift from 'growing to please customers because they love it' to, 'shit we gotta do this for the rest of our lives and need investors and be able to fund our lifestyle and kids college funds'. Taking sides is literally what this country does best.

That being said, we don't want to go back to the days of Stern only, those games are for the most part horrible.

#936 2 years ago

If a company can't make a quality product and stand behind it when they are selling for 9-11k....they probably aren't 'better' for the hobby. This goes for any company. There's a certain point where it's not just squeaky wheels but an actual issue that needs addressed.

Remember what brought on the video game crash? It wasn't because there were 'too many games'. It was too many 'crap quality' games.

#970 2 years ago

Maybe the trick is just to keep them in the box for about 5 years until the clear cures.

#973 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

That’s not true. I bitch for great reasons.

That fucking dog pooping in my yard again.

When life hands you dog poop, make fertilizer.

#979 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinball kinda like cars?!
Well, I never!!

I wanted to do pinball like caskets, but nobody got that kinda time.

#986 2 years ago

I've always considered Stern more like the Family Truckster.

#1011 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I honestly think JJP is trying to do more in customer service. I received a very nice email from Barry this week and he even went back on a item and took care of that, which earlier they were not.
Maybe all the real world complaining and issues have forced JJP to allow Barry to help out more, kudos to JJP and Barry for stepping it up for me and my machine. THANK You Barry!
How does one know if the playfields are still an issue unless they fail?

It could be, but...one question. Was your issue about playfield clear cracks/peels? Or something unrelated?

#1019 2 years ago

While I agree Dialed In's name/theme probably hurt it more than it helped it. BK3 was a known entity that many people loved. It didn't 'not' sell because it wasn't a AAA license. It didn't sell because it didn't look that fun.

#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Doesn't matter. If that game was BTTF or Harry Potter or whatever, massive hit.

Yeah, can definitely see that being the case. I'm just pointing out that BK had a history and well known in the pinball community. The theme alone wouldn't have stopped people from buying it. I'm not sure I think non-pin people are the make or break for each game.

#1024 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I just want car themes. Could be a licensed car brand, car movie, racing, or whatever. Pinball is like cars so makes perfect sense!

You should run that idea by DR.

Retro Atomic Edsel Adventure.

#1030 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Oh I think both of you guys are absolutely right, I have very low hopes for an actual getaway 3, I'm just saying I'd like one. Maybe we'll get a spiritual successor at least, fast and furious or something? Hell I'm weird and I'd like No fear 2 or even less fear however you put it Levi

It's actually surprising there hasn't been a F&F pin.

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

They didn't sell the DI (killer app) theme correctly.
I still think an unlicensed theme could/would sell well as long as the theme is good and the game is good. I think a terraforming Mars game would sell very well if it played well.
The risk is if it doesn't play well. A licensed game that isn't designed so well will still sell.

I agree, but the point they are making is that when you can sellout a game based on license alone sight unseen...where is the incentive to take the chance to do something original where people 'wait and see'. Same thing the movie industry does. Blame that on the hobbyists.

#1044 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

You aren’t wrong, and that’s the sad indictment of current pinball collecting. It’s a great game, but people don’t want it because it doesn’t have celebrities or blockbusters on it. Though if I’m being honest, I’m mostly happy about it because I was able to get one at a fair price because theme whores overlook it.

For a game that 'no one likes' it has held its value well. I've played it a few times and want one.

#1152 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And when you hear them start repeating after a couple hours of play, grating as hell.

What are you talking about. I've had mine since March and I'm still hearing things I've never heard before. General callouts are no different than any other game..repetitive. R&M is much better than almost all in that aspect.

4 months later
#1350 2 years ago

I can't speak to JJP as I've never owned one, but I can say LTG is helpful beyond JJP. He's always chiming in with advice for CGC as well (and probably other games as well).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.