tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Please call me at 331.223.9396.

I would like to get more info on this.

Thank you,
Barry Engler
Service Manager

Quoted from Deez:

I tried calling but no answer.

'I called, no answer so I hung up,' isn't going to get results with anyone, ever.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

I absolutely can't stand companies that do this. Why does it take you being exposed to do the right thing? I hate to be so harsh, but this infuriates me.

If you think that a company employee responding to an issue brought up in a public forum is infuriating then your expectations are irrational.

Clearly Deez thought they had made contact (at least indirectly) with JJP. The JJP service manager discovered the disconnect and is working to fix it. Being infuriated at that sequence of events is unwarranted. Time will tell if the response solves Deez 's issue.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

YeOldPinPlayer why did you downvote my blank post #120??

"Why was I downvoted" is such a timeless question with a variety of answers.
Maybe I wish start a blood feud, insulting your ancestry past and future because your post angered me for perfectly good reasons that make sense to no one but me.

Or maybe I just don't like dots. Hey, makes as much sense as some of the other stuff posted today.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Blacksnow:

I don’t even know I want to support a company like JJP with a NIB Pin. Truly don’t even think they care

Multimorphic has the best warranty and support in the industry right now.

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I just don't see the value in the post being made in a thread about customer service issues.

Making consumers aware of how their behavior enables bad outcomes is the first step in changing the behavior.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

pinball machines don't have bumpers.

Except for pop bumpers, jet bumpers, thumper bumpers…

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’d like to see a will you buy another JJP poll on this thread …

Without verification such a poll is worse than useless.

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

I don't think we will all forget how poorly JJP has managed this mess.

...until the next game is available.

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

You bought the product knowing these issues existed. This isn't new. Why is it fair to put the problem back on the distro because you got burned by the risk you took?

The distributor bought the product knowing these issues existed. The distributor is JJP's customer & business partner. They have an agreement with JJP that often includes some level of user support.

Interesting scenario in the case of used games changing hands. I would think the distributor is out of it at that point but maybe some regional responsibility? That's something a used buyer should know before purchase.

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

how is the distro at fault at all? Why is it ok to fuck them now? Yes, they have the leverage to push back to JJP.

Distributors took the money. Distributors will return the money.
When you sell me a defective widget I take it up with you. You take it up with your supplier, and so on up the chain.

It sounds like you want the distributors to make the profit without taking the risk?

#485 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I don’t think it’s debatable at this point that Hobbit is their best game considering reliability.

The one on location near me has the playfield lights locking up frequently. Requires a power cycle to reset. Beast mechs always have at least one of the four not working.

Overall I don't think it's a reliable table.

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

In other words, we make our games with inferior products and expect these things to happen with a steel ball.

In other words, RtFM.

And read Stern's manual when you're done with JJP's.

JJPGnRManualSS (resized).pngJJPGnRManualSS (resized).pngMandoManualSS (resized).pngMandoManualSS (resized).png
#522 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

it happened on like two Led Zeppelins and populated replacement playfields were provided.

I've seen one JP2 bowed enough that a straight edge laid above the slings had room for a pencil under one end of the straight edge. An unpopulated pf was begrudgingly sent and the owner did the swap themselves.

#592 2 years ago

It's they're, not there.

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

why can't Stern at least spend an extra $1 - $2 per game for some longer wire connected to a power switch in the traditional easily accessible location? Cost cutting at its worst.

Please provide your evidence the switch placement is where it is due to a cost cutting decision.

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

EMI radiation is reduced due to moving all 60Hz wiring inside the metal backbox. What this also does is make the certification inheritable from title to title without requiring retesting. We did the exact same thing when certifying equipment for use in aircraft at Grimes Aerospace. Any change in the lower cabinet requires the entire machine to be retested. Since everything remains in the head, as long as there are no major changes in the head, certification can be done by similarity and becomes a paperwork only affair. This saves costs (someone say cost cutting measure?) So anyone saying it isn't is fooling themselves.

I argue the cost savings is a side benefit. The certification streamlining was likely the driving force behind the descision. No risk of it being rejected if no one is looking at it again.

Regarding lock bars... anyone like lockbar latch design changes?

1 week later
#1224 2 years ago

RIP Mr. Kiel.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001423/bio
Fun fact- also played Kanamit the alien in the Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man".
Wrote his autobiography in 2002: https://www.amazon.com/Making-Big-Movies-Richard-Kiel/dp/1903111315
Seems out of print in the US.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=yeoldpinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.