tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

WE DON’T GIVE A F is i guess the new machine

In on a CE when they announce!

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

But all jokes aside.... BarryJ got anything to say now? Or you still busy with all the voicemails and the outstanding service that takes your time away from this awesome forum with people that pay your salary because without us you did not even had a job ..... which you suck @ !?

Sorry but that is a bit over the top and unnecessarily personal. One guy answering 10,000 complaint calls and having to follow company mandates does not make that his choice. That’s a company fail not Barry. Hate on the company but flogging a guy doing the best he can is just unnecessary.

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm loving hearing that Spooky is contuining to grow and step up. Halloween/Ultraman will be a true test for them. It is very hard to grow from a tiny startup to the level JJP is at now. Customer Service has to become organized, and fast. Inventory has to become super organized, and fast. Pinball is hard.

Agree to a point but in this JJP example IF they had a reliable part supplier and better QC at assembly they likely wouldn't need as much customer service Or inventory spares.

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I know its shitty to chargeback a card and hurt a distro, but at the same time once the distros are tired of getting shafted they will really put the hammer down on JJP quality, so I am very torn on that issue. If I had no other recourse, what else am I supposed to do? Giant ass washers sent to me as a best case scenario is not gonna cut it.

Genuinely interested as I never tried a charge back. How strong is that option as many made payment or deposit close to 10 months ago? Will a CC company really go back that far for a claim?

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Yep, it’s very easy ... I did it during Covid for my mother’s holiday when the travel agent didn’t refund and offered silly vouchers. The CC company get the money back from the vendor eventually or pull their credit card facilities...lol
In uk coveted between 100 GBP -30k

Yeah I did have a refund on air travel but that was pretty much anywhere in the world as the service was not rendered. Wasn't sure if buying a product delivered 10 plus months later was the same.

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

All I'm saying is that distros are a lot more capable of turning up the heat on JJP than consumers are. If the distros start feeling the fire, they won't stand for it.

I agree on this. The distributors don't have to do a stand off but they Can opt to stop selling the product. Yes JJP can just go direct but as it sits with OEM support at this time that would crush them. Their buyers (the distributors) are the only ones that can Actually effect change.

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The entire industry is!!!
Basically, we've taken pinball - a 100 year old industry - and completely changed the parameters overnight. Until 10 years ago, it was still basically an operator/commercial business, and the consumers never really cared about this minutia that drives home buyers absolutely insane. As long as it coined up and worked they were happy, and if it didn't, they were used to making small adjustments here and there. I'd guess "warranty claims" - if they even existed - were few and far between, and quickly and easily taken care of by distributors. Nobody was demanding new playfields or cabinet decals in 1995.
Now of course, it's suddenly a home item for a niche but still rapidly growing crowd, and nobody knows how to deal with it. Home buyers are far more demanding and exacting than commercial buyers (and their dads, and their grandads) ever were. At the same time the industry has completely shifted its focus on who they are marketing to - when was the last time you saw a pinball promo touting it's "earning power" or the many "industry firsts that keep players paying?" It's been years.
I don't know how it's gonna shake out but it's been a rocky road and I don't see it getting smoother. Home consumers want an "appliance" akin to a toaster or VCR, and pinball just ain't never gonna be that - it's ALWAYS gonna be far less reliable and consistent and complicated than the other consumer goods people are used to buying while being far more expensive. Can't blame the industry for going where the money is but we are in uncharted waters here!

Dam your posts are more impressive each day. 100% agreed.

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Buyers know the track record too. Why should they not incur risks for their purchases? Why shouldn't they have to deal with it? Again, no one made you buy the game from the distributor. The distributor business model makes them buy the game because customers want it. Some can just stop selling JJP altogether, but not all distros can do that. For the most part distros aren't big businesses with large investor backing. Work with them to put the pain to JJP, don't fuck them over in the hopes it will hurt the people really responsible.

Your argument makes absolutely No sense no matter how many times you preach it. If your buying a car, a plant, or a bottle of ketchup your contract and grievance is with the distributor. Be that the Ford dealer, Home Depot, or Walmart. They accepted the terms of being the broker for the product and if they choose to keep repping said product that is their business choice. That is who we paid and that is who should sort it out or change their business partner.

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why not?
They would if no one was buying them. They would if the problems become so great that it caused a loss in revenue as apposed to a profit. There are plenty of other games to sell.

And more so wouldn’t many actually respect their favorite distributor More if they said “hell no we stopped selling those til the OEM gets their shit together!” I know they would have my future business.

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

You are arguing things that sell exponentially many more items. Pinball is small and niche. It’s a completely different market.

Come on your reaching now. A product is a product. If it’s crap don’t sell it.

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Now you tell me. Wow.
[quoted image]

Lol. There’s a banana in my tail pipe And my pinball machine!

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

More like drfrightner. He stopped posting around the same time this guy started his account...and they're both guilty of long-winded diatribes that say nothing in an attempt to defend JJP.

Such an interesting tiff back and forth which is all that jimwe5t is after but consider leaving drfrightener out of your conspiracy. He is off the forum because he had a difficult death in the family and has life priorities other then debating. Not everything is a conspiracy.

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This one is. If it walks like a duck...
He's even got an identical collection. Hey...I really don't care, but I don't like when somebody pisses on me and tells me it's raining. Just post as who you are.
And condolences on frightner's loss.

Gulp... My apologies I am likely wrong this very well may be Drfrightner lol. He did have a serious loss but apparently he is back to his old dialog. My bad...

1 week later
#906 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They have it in writing that the scorebit is free for life .
I guess we'll just have to wait and see .[quoted image]

Where does it say free for life in your image posted?

#919 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's just a picture of their pricing .
The scorebit guy , wrote that it was free for life , in the GNR owners thread .

Oh gotcha thanks.

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Should I eat my $1000 deposit on GNR? My game is scheduled for delivery next week….

Why would you ever consider a loss? Has any used or NIB GnR sold for less then list? Especially if you were in at 9500. Seems smarter to just flip it on arrival for no loss or likely a profit.

4 months later
#1241 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Similar experience here when I bought a POTC from JJP about 1 1/2 years ago. It arrived with parts missing and no topper. I was told "well we had new, temporary staff the week yours was built." One person asked for the numbers of parts not working which I sent to be replaced...never heard back. Another person accused me of lying....veiled threats, etc. I was paying $200-300 dollars a month just to repair constant breakdowns to keep it running. There was obviously zero quality control done on this machine....obviously hastily thrown together to meet deadlines. And they told me it received "rigorous" QC checks before shipping...totally impossible....they were flat out lying. They finally cut off all communication with me and stopped even pretending to give a damn. Completely dishonest and corrupt outfit.

Want to sell it. I’d still take it.

#1250 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've owned 3 JJP machines, sold WOZ, still have Wonka and Hobbit. No major issues with any of them. Playfields all perfect. The few minor things I contacted them about they addressed immediately. No complaints here.

Same for me or my distributor jumped all over it. Kingpin for the win.

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I’m happy for you guys, but I still feel awful for the multitude of customers that JJP has shit on.

Don’t disagree with you in any way. Just my experience with JJP. Any company in this expensive and complex market should have support as the Primary focus.

#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That seems like a BAD MOVE on their part Lloyd!

Quoted from LTG:

No idea.
LTG : )

So with JJP’s infinite wisdom for improving support what was your New JJP title starting in 2022 again LTG?….. not funny actually rather sad.

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I hope,they are paying you well for this

I can help with that math…. 1 game every 2 plus years. Works 363 days per year noon to midnight, so he makes roughly .93 Cents per hour and oddly loves it. Best investment Ever for any company!

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:I highly recommend the ignore feature. Works great!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0f1365f841e08e640bd06b7bdf71061799b36ca1-1640996046-1800"};
//]]>

Have to agree. This thread has been wonderful for months.

#1351 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

I am grateful for your help to me in my JJP stuff Lloyd. You provide just enough fir me to then do some work on my end to figure out what is going on. This is a compliment by the way.
I will be sending a letter to the principles at JJP to express my feelings about this recent decision. I realize that Pinside does not represent the majority of pinball owners but there are far too many here to make a move like this. This type of corporate decision may fly in these types of economic prosperity but when the shit hits the fan, and that is coming, service becomes king and what differentiates one from another.
Thank you Lloyd for your help with my issues concerning JJP as well as others.

Sign me up for that correspondence. Have to say for a company that had the toughest year for customer support, issues, and customer relations this has to be one of the stupidest moves I have seen. New buyers and demand in the pinball hobby have sky rocketed and continue to grow daily and their brain storm solution is dump one of their Cheapest and most committed resources for customer relations?? A mascot of phone, forum, social media; and beyond for close to 50 Years and “your services are no longer needed”?? What a bone head move in my opinion. You basically did that job for Free 7 days per week yet they can do better without you. Lol. That’s a marketing support double fail in my book. Sad day and decision for JJP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.