tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wcbrandes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1294 2 years ago

Damn I thought this was mo

Quoted from iceman44:

Let’s not forget the pf issues Stern went through. Peaking with GB and major ghosting issues, planking and art chipping and falling apart
Yeah every company has issues and goes through problems. Eventually the ship gets righted.
I’m very happy with ALL my different company pins right now. Keep ‘em coming!!
Toy Story will be a huge seller. So will Godfather

They still have not contacted me for the use of my avatar Ice

#1316 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I haven't forgotten. But lets face facts here.
Stern does fix seriously bad PFs. They do make an attempt to not ship garbage.
JJP on the other hand decides after 3-4 generations of machines that they can't fix the clear coat problems all the other vendors have fixed.
Instead; they choose to ship washers and then not warranty the PF for any length of time.
That isn't a hiccup; that is a out right slap in the face of the customer and damn shady business practices.

look a lot of what you say is true however Stern has known for how long about their crappy coil stops and yet never do a thing about them? This should be a very easy fix compared to the problems with JJP playfields. Neither have done anything...yet

#1328 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Fully agree, Zitt is a very experienced pinball enthusiast and speaks the truth.
Sterns customer service and quality nowadays is second to none. JJPs customer service other than Loyd, almost doesn’t exist. And now JJP is trying to do away with the best customer service person they ever had…Loyd! A guy that’s always been there to help us and not paid a dime by the cheapskates at JJP!!

Then why is stern not changing out their crappy coil stops? There are hundreds of people that have to go buy better ones in the first few weeks of owning a Stern and yet still here we are. We all know you and Zit have it out for JJP but this is right in front of Stern and your faces and yet nothing. Just let's pick apart one company, makes you look disingenuous to say the least.

#1334 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you for the kind words my friend.
Actually today I'm gone.
I'll miss helping on JJP games. Was for 8 3/4 years.
LTG : (

Sorry to hear this Lloyd, the JJP people will miss you dearly!

#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Please don't put words in my mouth.
I said stern was better. Not best in class.
By far, multimorphic has the best support and warranty. Stern gets a passing grade. As in D-.
JJp, gets an F.
Coils stops are non issues. They are wear items and can be replaced easily.
Playfields are NOT wear items, despite what JJp thinks or implies

This is a crap response re coil stops. You are right they are very cheap and replaceable but your fing game, that is new, is down for weeks. A company that knows they are crap and a cheap fix, that won't make that change is somehow better than a company that are at the mercy of another company doing a shitty job on their playfields? JJP HAS to do something and probably would love if Mirco could resolve the issues but Stern has full control of their coil stops and wont change them? How do you quantify one company worse than the other ..... because of how expensive the product is or because of their choices made? Its pathetic Stern wont fix this on going issue if its sooooo cheap to do so

#1360 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Total BS. My buddy just had Mando out since the second week it was released, swapped out 2 days ago with Godzilla and the coil stops just began to fail. That’s over 6 months they held up over thousands of plays. Good luck getting past a few hundred plays before a chunk of your JJP playfield comes off.
A good friend of mine recently bought a WOZ and brought it to a pinball show.
He asked me to come take a look as he is not a tech. A huge, puck-sized chunk chipped right off his playfield at the pops. It was bare wood. It looked like when you put a sticker on some shitty Luan cabinet/door and pulled it off. Poor guy was asking me what happened and why. My only response was, take this junk and IMMEDIATELY return it to the distro. I really lost faith after seeing that a few months ago. Stern customer service isn’t great, but at least they eventually make it right. JJP seems to be trying to opposite approach that if they ignore it long enough maybe it goes away

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wcbrandes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=wcbrandes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.