tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnttwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I tried calling but no answer.

Call every hour and post up, voice mail box is full?

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Lol I don't think you have to worry.

No.

I have it from a solid source "Scooby Doo"

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So true. Plenty of people still waste lot of money on cigarettes. Better off buying JJP pinballs than that!

At least it not wasting money, like on chew, gambling, or women.

#274 2 years ago

Is there a form letter one can use for cancling a G&R due to warranty changes?

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

You bought the product knowing these issues existed. This isn't new. Why is it fair to put the problem back on the distro because you got burned by the risk you took?
This is a whole thread of people pilling on JJP, and rightly. But I don't think anyone who bought a GNR has any room to complain here. This was an issue before that and you bought it anyway.

You mean the non-refundable deposit after they changed the warranty?

I will enjoy being forced to buy a game and have them make it right

#401 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

I'm not defending JJP here. I'm saying that people wouldn't have a problem with their GNR playfields if they hadn't bought the game in the first place. This isn't a new issue with GNR. But the people who bought it decided it was worth the risk. Now they are paying for it.
Take the loss you earned, learn from it, and stop buying new games until it is proven to be fixed.

LMAO some of us put money down with a warranty that covered playfield defects, after taking our money then changed the terms of the warranty and now will not refund deposits.

So tell me how that is right? Buy our game or lose your deposit. LOL

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Their service was bad before that. It was known they had problems. You believed them. You took the risk. They are wrong. But so are you.

At what point is the risk not worth the reward. We all have a different line. They moved the line, changed the terms and should let people back out or stay under the new terms. Yours line seems very short.

People were not and are not being given opportunity to sign up and agree to this hey we don't warranty playfields. Fair is fair

#433 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Yeah, my line is basically non-existent. There is no chance of me buying a NIB JJP.
Changing the warranty is shitty, but putting down a deposit on something you haven't seen is a risk. That is what a deposit is. "I am putting down this money because I want to buy it when it is available. I want to make sure I get one so I am putting down this money to hold it even though I haven't actually seen what I am buying." That is accepting a risk when you give them the money. If you didn't want the risk, you didn't have to put down the money. You didn't need to buy the machine. You wanted it, that's fine. But you bought something without seeing it. That is a risk.

So you don't or can't see how JJP changing the warranty has changed the amount of risk? FYI I actually played the game before I ordered it.

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I meant I won’t be in any JJP threads except this one If anyone’s interested these will be for sale in the parking lot at Expo this year !Enjoy the day fellas .
[quoted image]

I would buy 2 of these and gladly pay shipping. Love wearing them to pinball events close to me.

Please say you will ship

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

True...my AMEX platinum has paid for itself over and over for me in business land. Granted, some companies don't take it as it's an extra point and are fully aware of their consumer protection.
I buy and auto draft alot through them....points, extended warranties, and " innocent until guilty" regarding consumer. Card is credited in full immediately, and they do all the work verifying what happened with 1 easy call. Highly recommend if a large purchase of any type is involved.

And you get into some airline club lounges at no cost when traveling

#555 2 years ago

I am hoping for a huge positive from this thread. Hope it makes it easier to get a Toy Story CE.

#759 2 years ago

Played some POTC today. Guess this what one can expect after playing them.

2A70965D-305E-42DA-B4D9-0BD1F81B4B10 (resized).jpeg2A70965D-305E-42DA-B4D9-0BD1F81B4B10 (resized).jpeg6F7C0FD8-3371-409F-90E5-86900A92D5BC (resized).jpeg6F7C0FD8-3371-409F-90E5-86900A92D5BC (resized).jpegA0F5A5B7-8437-490B-8854-9CC2DA11581B (resized).jpegA0F5A5B7-8437-490B-8854-9CC2DA11581B (resized).jpegA419EFF8-CB97-493A-BC56-7D7091B99A06 (resized).jpegA419EFF8-CB97-493A-BC56-7D7091B99A06 (resized).jpeg
#770 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And the spinner can be lowered to prevent hang ups.
LTG : )

It was the sticker peeling up, the ball would hop up when going over it cuz it was lowered all ready. Shook it loose and RDTM

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I've avoided much of this thread but... how many games on that JJP POTC and is it a home machine or on a route?
I'm not saying any answer you give will excuse the conditions, but it will provide context.

On route Over at Tilt in Mpls.

I just figure looking a routed machine can help predict its future. They have a TZ and TAF whos playfields are still very nice.

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Does the JJP bashing have to be constant? Every thread. Every post. Every day over and over and over. Bashing the company. Bashing their PR. Bashing their people. Bashing anyone that does not join in on the bashing. And you wonder why JJP doesn't just throw out free parts to anyone that complains. It's endless.

I think even being able to get a response from JJP customer service would help aliviate lots of frustration we have. Myself included.

#988 2 years ago

My question on the topic of standing behind a product and being new to the hobbie is should a pinball mod be made to withstand being hit with a pinball?

#1008 2 years ago

I honestly think JJP is trying to do more in customer service. I received a very nice email from Barry this week and he even went back on a item and took care of that, which earlier they were not.

Maybe all the real world complaining and issues have forced JJP to allow Barry to help out more, kudos to JJP and Barry for stepping it up for me and my machine. THANK You Barry!

How does one know if the playfields are still an issue unless they fail?

#1099 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Was it removed from the box and played? Well....who's fault is that. CLAIM DENIED!!
Serves ya'll right. Whadda expect for 10 grand?

Quoted from gjm:

And yet people will continue to buy NIB from them knowing everything about the playfield issues and the absolute worst customer service around... Now that's clueless.

So with the value of JJP games skyrocketing after a person buys one what gives? Why do they go up in price so much? I am newer to the hobby, do the new Sterns go up the same as JJP?

#1221 2 years ago

Maybe Jack is right. Do the playfields damage themselves? Who is playing them when they chip, owners LOL all sarcastic of course.

4 months later
#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Fwiw, this has played out already at least once before and the result of the last time zaphX left pinside was that he was missed. Maybe not by you, but you didn't say that.

Truth when it comes to actual playing a game for game advice, fixing, setting up a game Zaphx is the most helpful person on this site for me with LTG a close second. I see all the down votes he gets and feel bad for him. But this is our world I guess

#1267 2 years ago

Just got of the phone with Ken at JJP first class customer service. I have said bad about JJP in the past and feel it only appropriate to let people know the positive as well.

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Happy New Year to all of you! Hoping JJP 2022 will become a real caring company, with a real warranty and create a real customer service department. (Nah, kidding ourselves…its just a dream…lol. Too bad as TS might have been fun to play with my little children.)

Awesome service this week from Ken!!!

#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I hope people reading this understand that zit is an experienced pinball guy and most people complaining have serious issues with their 10k machines that jjp are not addressing after multiple games with the same shitty Mirco playfields.

JJP and my Distro have been awesome in rectifying my issues on 2 games. WW and G&R

Just saying

1 week later
#1406 2 years ago

Has the changed warranty not covering playfields slowed down G&R sales?

What percentage of pinball machine buyers are on pinside?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnttwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=johnttwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.