tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwe5t.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So a board died after 8 months and they denied your claim , Stern Boards are only warrantied for 60 days .
People have have said the same thing about Stearn's warranty as well .[quoted image]

You’re a hopeless JJP cheerleader, attempting to always put Stern in the same camp. The point is not about Stern, the thread is talking about JJP and their lousy products and lack of customer support. I’ve also experienced being left with zero support on new machines, always hoping when I turned them on, they actually would. So many times I tried getting help from JJP to no avail. Every time I visit an arcade that has JJP, they are always “out of service” and Sterns keep on working. Stern has always taken good care of me and all my machines, in warranty or out. No questions asked, they just do it. Night and day difference between the two companies. Finally some of us are starting to wake up and see that JJP is nothing more than a take advantage of the customer non caring company.

Even though all their IPs, except for GNR could be considered in the “Fisher Price” category, I wanted to support them, but now realize they are not going to change. TS is definitely a toddler title, even though I have enjoyed watching it with my children, it isn’t an adult title. Nor does Disney pretend that it is. Highly suspect Toy Story will have all the troubles the last 4 have had, with stripped down PF mechanics, so they don’t have to be troubled with any warranty claims, even though they aren’t anyway. There will be lots of inexpensive LED lights and that alone seems to satisfy some buyers.

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

You sound like a cult member where they can do no wrong but there is no lack of threads to the contrary.... half this site is JJP playfield bitching.

My ol’ buddy (@romulusx) is not just a cult member, but is in fact the JJP cult leader! He (and PanzerFreak) cannot and will not see any lacking on JJPs part on any issue. All sunshine and JJP lollipops for Romey. Lol

Quoted from romulusx:

My Dialed In and Wonka both have great playfields and work flawlessly!
I can see the pile on effect for sure.
I don’t quite understand why Stern fans get so much joy from this?
Jack is the guy that made Stern step up their game!

Romey cheers: Give me a J, give me another J, give me a P, what does that spell? “Just Joking People”, Jersey Jack is not worth my efforts any longer…LOL.(Has Romulusx seen the light?)

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Arrogance.
Don't forget, JJP also fired the person who seemed to do the most for customer relations- Butch Peel. The whole company is starting to reek of shady used car salesman tactics.
-Overcharging for shipping on warranty parts- check.
-Jack's eloquent FU message essentially telling a customer "sorry-not sorry-not my problem" for him receiving a used game sold as new-check.
-Refusal to send $2 worth of washers due to supply issues...then directing you to someone who stocks them- Check. A good company would have bought them from pinball life if they had issues getting their own.
-Barry showing up here and throwing shade at a customer because "they only contacted their distributor"- check (we have been programmed to believe this is why distributors exist!!)
I am really starting to question the health of JJP as a whole. These actions are not that of a world class company building toward a future. These are the actions of a company circling the drain and trying to make an extra buck or two before the lights get shut off for good.

This post is spot on and I’ve been saying the same things for some time now. JJP actions are that of a company in a downward spiral of denial. A company that has been given unearned community support and always afforded the benefit of the doubt, by some people. It is about time we stand together and vote with our wallets and just say no to any new JJP shiny. Spooky is number 2 in my book, because they deeply care about our hard earned dollars spent on their product. They want to give us their best and it shows.

#596 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Here is what is really sad… we cry all day long about how a Stern game never delivers the World under Glass. We all know a long list of documented issues and problems with Stern games and their customer service please… I call and I don’t get a reply for days or ever. But no matter what Stern does or doesn’t do 99% of all the beatings go to JJP the company that actually in my opinion reinvented pinball. JPP showed the pinball world that games could be made for the collector, they could be more than a ball moving around a piece of wood. Yeah JJP made mistakes, they’ve made a ton of them but they’re also the risk takers, the dreamers the company willing to spend up to 2 years developing ONE DAMN GAME!!!!
First ever color screen, full movie assets, led lights, toys and mechs no one has ever seen before then we get to GNR. GNR has more songs than any pinball in history, the theming is out of this world, light shows, the artwork is simply amazing, the design something never before seen… and everything unravels with a chip in the play field. I’m not here saying this issue shouldn’t be fixed, and I’m not saying I’m the one with the answers, but i am saying JJP is the pinball ground breaker. Who can argue? Start to imagine a pinball World without JJP right now? Do you think Stern games would all of a sudden get better with no JJP? Tell me something Stern has done better than JJP to take pinball to the next level? I can tell you NOTHING! Does Stern even try to beat JJP at creating a World Under Glass? When you think about it, its actually a dumb question.
Whenever you attempt to break new ground, you’re going to have some growing pains but in the end you get a flawed masterpiece. JJP has had and probably always will have more things go wrong than Stern because they put 10 times more into the games right or wrong. Every JJP game is unique, not a cookie cutter copy of the game they made before… you’re going to get some problems. JJP games are complex and this is what we now expect from JJP. If JJP all of a sudden decided to streamline their games, publish three titles a year, would they still be the JJP we’re all so passionate about?
How in the WORLD is a Stern LE the same price as a JJP LE I’ll never know because they’re games on two different levels. I can honestly say I think the solution to all of JJP problems is a simple one RAISE THE PRICE DRASTICALLY! JJP should STOP trying to compete in price with a much inferior Stern product and charge what their games are worth, then guarantee them with a much better warranty that covers everything.
JJP LE games should cost $12,500 and the CE should cost $15,000 … then when this issue comes up they have more money built in for errors or mistakes. Despite problems Stern has, Spooky, American Pinball, or even Dutch who was despised but now we line up two years deep to get a copy of BL we love these companies. Each one is different, and each one has strong suits and weakness’s. When I look around despite the chips I don’t see to many people willing to get rid of their GNR CE’s probably the best pinball game ever created. In the end it doesn’t matter how much you spend on a game 10 dollars or 10 thousand dollars… you should expect a game that works perfectly. Right? But when you’ve been doing pinball long enough you just know that isn’t ever going to happen. LOL
JJP playfields shouldn’t chip but doesn’t mean we should burn this company to the ground does it? JJP in my opinion is the LEADER of the pack, taking the risks, setting the bar, going where no pinball has gone before. I’ll love this company no matter what and while saying that I do hope they can solve the issues that plaque them and I’m confident they will. I hope one day all these pinball companies will one day put out the flawless game that never breaks, never chips, neve needs a new node board, or even a spinner that should have worked out of the box.
It’s just pinball I guess that sometimes we just love to hate.

Wow, you must have gotten drunk on the JJP koolaid to write something this atrocious…delusional, lol. (Wait, Jack is that really you kidding us again? When you sober up, take a good look at the heresy you’ve written here.) JJP is the worst example of financial fiscal irresponsibility in all of pinball and the real reason they charge such high prices (well maybe DR has out done JJP in fiscal irresponsibility…I mean they built a stage and auditorium to showcase their games, even before they even have any manufacturing capabilities). It certainly is not because they load up their machines with $6 coils and cheap LED lights.

Why are some people still trying to put JJP and Stern in the same camp? Do 2 wrongs make a right somehow? This thread is abut JJP, not Stern. (Yes, this is a Larry/DrFrightner length diatribe.)

#600 2 years ago

I think you totally missed the point there is NEVER a thread like this about Stern. Stern cuts corners on assets, creating a world under glass, games almost always come out with zero code, many things don’t work, their customer support is really no better, but you don’t see threads like this about Stern. Why?
Of all the companies out there you would think Stern with all their experience, their dummied down games compared to JJP, they would always be flawless. But that isn’t the case right? So why is it always dump on JJP?
Look brother there is ONLY ONE company pushing the bounds of what can be done under glass and we know who that is. Yes we’re not going to deny the issues, but why always over dump on the SAME company time and time again. You claim they’re so bad but their games have sold at nearly $40k as ridiculous as that sounds. They’ve sold close to 5,000 Guns N Roses games, that is a real accomplishment. They deliver what is probably the most ambitious game GNR anyone has ever seen, and rather than praise that accomplishment we get you calling for their banishment. Start the thread about the other companies problems then I can take you serious. Until then you’re another hater.
I honestly think JJP gets the most flack because we acknowledge they’re who we expect the most from. When you hear people talk about Stern they say well It’s a stern a stern is a stern. We’ll I guess that means we hope for more but expect less… with JJP we expect the best, and if we don’t see it then all hell will break loose. JJP should fix the play field issue once and for all… but a pinball World without the innovation leader that is a DUMB THOUGHT!

At first I joked this might be Jack talking, but the more I read from you…is this Kaneda or DrFrightner (Larry)???

#602 2 years ago

I could say the same for you maybe you’re Gary Stern talking. The GNR issue is a new one but well over a year ago in other threads you call Jack a puppet. Do you think that is disrespectful to a man who created a new pinball company? You’re not respectful on any level. I saw another post where you railed against JJP and give an itemized list of all the reasons why no one should but from this company, while saying Stern games work perfectly.
Okay I know that’s not true and so does everyone else but whatever. Look you hate JJP everyone gets it because you’ve posted about like a religion.
Now you’re just beating a dead horse with rant after rant. Let’s see you do something better. C’mon you can do it.

Don’t talk about Dad that way, lol. Thanks for taking such interests in my posts. We’re fast becoming friends. (All of pinside could be considered beating a dead horse…there’s not much else to talk about with pinball. How many JJP faulty PF threads can there be? lol)

#604 2 years ago

Okay Gary. No we’re not fast becoming friends that I can assure you. I don’t friend up with people who’re completely disrespectful or act like a broken record brat. You fit that mold sorry to say. It seems your life revolves around bashing on companies who bring a great deal of joy to peoples lives. Again not to say problems by ALL pinball companies shouldn’t be taken care of because they should. You just seem to be a big time hater… well your words really impacted JJP who sold over 5,000 copies of GNR. You really have people’s attention I’m sure the flat sales tell the story. Thankfully we have you to save us all. Once again JJP and ALL pinball suppliers should stand behind their product, but I would NEVER suggest what you’re suggesting about JJP. You’re a very sad person in my opinion.

No, I’m quite happy cause I didn’t buy GNR with all its troubles. Lol Friend. And you’re obviously lying to us, since JJP does not release sales numbers of GNR, unless you really are Jack?

#606 2 years ago

Well your profile says you have ZERO GAMES… are you sad you ‘didn’t buy one’ or because you couldn’t afford one. Can you clarify the guy with no games. Listen due responding to you is pointless because you’re a disrespectful joke. So continue you on I’m out of here moving on to something more positive. Oh and btw I’m going to head down and play my GNR, WONKA, Pirates and all my other Stern games. Pinball is fun just in case you didn’t know. One day if you can afford one you’ll discover that. Take care my new friend.

Thanks for caring buddy!

#608 2 years ago

So I guess its no comment on not being able to AFFORD a GNR or ANY pinball game for that matter. Maybe we can take up a collection for you to buy your first ever game. I’ll pitch in ten bucks. LOL. Send me a link where I can donate because even disrespectful people like you deserve to have a game or two. Maybe then you’ll spend more time enjoying pinball than railing against the suppliers. Sometimes tells me you won’t but its worth a try. Right???

I get it now…you’re really Rodney Dangerfield…keep talking about no respect…lol. Thanks for the $10 bucks, maybe I can eat tonight after all, lol. Being homeless in LA is not at all what I thought it would be…

(You’re Dr. Frightner, with only 13 posts and half those were your kind exchange with me. Just another Larry throwaway account I’d guess. DrFrightner hypes JJP all the time and only Kaneda and you would makeup the bold lying claim of 5k GNR sold. Because you bought one too and don’t like this thread of all the upset people, not going to take it any longer from JJP. Protect your investment Larry (Dr. Frightner) at all costs.)

5k sold is a ridiculous claim. Spooky’s new increased output can only make 1750 in 18 months and JJP manufacturing capacity is not any larger. 5,000 GNR would take JJP at least 5 and a half years to make. You expect us to believe they can make that many and announce TS even next year? LOL.

#611 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

More like drfrightner. He stopped posting around the same time this guy started his account...and they're both guilty of long-winded diatribes that say nothing in an attempt to defend JJP.

Think you could be right on drfrightner as well. Scary they both sound so similar, lol.

#640 2 years ago

Hoping to help others avoid the pitfalls I’ve already had to endure with JJP my friend, that’s it. And hoping JJP will turn their business model around, as they can offer products at competitive prices if they really wanted to. WOZ at the not long ago original price of $6500 was very competitive. If JJP would have kept their business costs from ballooning so terribly high by essentially running 2 operations, they could have kept pricing comparable to other pinball companies and still offered DI/POTC level mechs and complications.

Because JJP is such a small boutique company, they can only purchase off the shelf parts, which are costly and then passed onto us at substantially higher prices, unlike Stern that is large enough for big volume custom parts, keeping their product MSRP much lower to us the consumer. Because of that, Stern is able to offer much better and more costly licenses at far lower pricing than JJP does with their much lower tiered and cheaper IPs.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Aaaand raise the price 1k so the new purchasers flip the bill for the ones that will be replaced .Pretty smart thinking .When have you seen a NIB just acquired selling for less than it cost the person .In my brief time I’ve never seen this .
[quoted image]

JJP pricing at its finest, rob from Peter to pay Paul. Feel for this seller, having to unload a brand new GNR game at a loss. Hoping you’re able to be made whole yourself Kkoss.

#643 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Such an interesting tiff back and forth which is all that jimwe5t is after but consider leaving drfrightener out of your conspiracy.

Hmmm, you are one of the chosen ones? Allowed to give opinions and comments that are not considered conspiracy or accusing others of back and forth with people in an open forum, that is designed to do just that???

Come on Dave…you’re a tinker/seller and not a wise business move to slam your potential customers. Think about it before you mistakenly do it again…this is an open forum and all are welcome here.

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

How do we know that this is being sold for less that purchased? Could've been bought at the original LE price $9500, right?

Even if it was, seller surely had to pay sales tax and shipping costs. So unfortunately for the seller, his NIB GNR is being sold at a loss at $10k. The most unfortunate part is, if JJP were an actually caring company, they could turn around everyone’s GNRs plummeting in value, if they would just take care of us, like all other companies do. The very point that prompted “left out in the cold by JJP” @fattdirk, to create this thread.

#653 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I can see how it comes across as I look like a jjp fanboy . I like to think , I try to give balance to the argument . Yes jjp can do alot better , but there are people who Stern has burnt as well .
They're a number of people on podcasts and Pinside , that have been let down by Stern , no company is perfect .
If I won lotto and could choose any pins , I would go for Elvira ,Terminator 3 and big buck hunter .
I don't care what " brand " you are into , I just want it to be fun .
I'm waiting on a Guns N Roses , so I have to try to be positive .
Hopefully threads like these give jjp the kick up the ass they need to sort out their customer service .

Thanks for that and I do hope the best for you and your machine is stellar and won’t need JJP customer service. No company is perfect and fun is the key word here. When do you anticipate receiving your new game?

#691 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

*Rant post
The bickering in this thread is almost as bad as the great WOZ Wars of 2013 - 2015 lol. Things got so bad with the personal attacks that mods stepped in and created the very first owners thread, that being for WOZ, where owners could discuss the game in peace.
There's a number of Stern super fans in this thread that love to regularly bash JJP . They often post blanket generalized statements that all JJP pins are bad and not fun. That is such an immature view with zero integrity behind it. All modern pinball is fun, there's really no terrible modern games, but for a select few on here they will relentlessly bash JJP. Personally I think it comes from a place of being pissed off that a new company one upped Stern when it came to offering customers more value for their money in regards to code, features, mechs, animation quality, etc. The type and amount of bashing against JJP is a way in their minds to justify how little Stern often puts in their games. Again, just my opinion.
These same JJP bashers will label me as a JJP fanboy who "bashes" Stern (bashing meaning providing criticism) yet I've bought multiple NIB Stern and JJP pins over the years. In a two month period I purchased a NIB TMNT Premium and a GNR Premium. The TMNT Premium is an awesome game and I've been happy with the build quality. However, I could tell the moment I opened the GNR LE box just how much more value I get for my money from a JJP product. From the packaging, to the head being made entirely of wood, to the amount of hardware components, the way the cabinets are made (finish, wood, etc), mechs, animation amount / quality, etc it's clear that JJP is putting more into their games. This doesn't mean Stern is bad or JJP is better, just an observation.
Regardless of how much JJP is putting into their games they need to step up their playfield build quality, customer service, and warranty. Creating fun, and loaded games means nothing if the most foundational item on a pin, the playfield, is screwed up. Also, downgrading warranties policies is a terrible look that basically states to customers "We don't stand behind are products". A company cannot market themselves as making the industries highest end pins with this type of playfield quality and warranty policies.

This is a comical rant my friend PFreak. You so bash Stern in a sideway manner and never stop. The rest of us give constructive criticisms about both companies in the areas they need to improve. It just so happens, JJP has the most areas to improve and they do not have the “quality” you speak of. It’s all part of the illusion like the all wood back box you mentioned, which is excessively heavy, adding unwanted weight. There is an additional important reason Stern builds them as metal. Metal back boxes are far better engineered quality, built into all Stern’s over JJPs. George Gomez recently explained, the main reason for a metal back box is fire hazards are greater with all wood, in a barcade setting, where the machines are on nearly nonstop and the back box heat is immense. Stern does things for solid engineering, safety and beneficial reasons. JJP with far less experience, gives almost no consideration to those things and usually chooses off the shelf or inferior solutions.

There is no illusionary JJP so called “quality”. Every Stern I’ve purchased just works right out of the box. Every JJP has been a monumental “constantly fixing” undertaking for myself and friends that own them. At one friends house that has nearly all of them: JJP machines are constantly being restarted or needing some kind of fix all night long. While Stern, B&W, Spooky, CGC and AP machines keep on working without issues. There is no such thing as quality JJP anything and that’s not conjecture on my part, but provable fact. Even JJP agrees with my assessment. Just look at their newly downgraded “almost no warranty” policies for proof. JJP also thinks their “poor quality” stinks, so they will no longer allow the many claims they’ve been receiving from many customers dealing with their poor quality products at every turn. Wake up PFreak and smell the roses. You’ve become too drunk on JJPs toxic koolaid, lol.

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

That's a load of crap. If the electronic components in the backbox require a metal head because they are immensely hot, you've got a design problem.

Name them. Give examples of the inferior solutions.

Good for you. I had to fix the deathstar raising ramp mech for a friend of mine on his SW, right out of the box.

Not my experience with my Hobbit. I only had to tighten the M.A.N. drop target assembly on mine and replace one drop target spring (and JJP sent me the more beefier springs for free). Granted, I don't run mine in a barcade.
I'll agree 100% that the pf issues are BS, as they were on Stern machines not too long ago, for various other reasons. But to say that JJP games are flawed when it comes to its engineering, that I disagree 100%. But whatever, just my opinion based on certain facts. Cheers.

To sum it all up, no further examples are needed: JJP is not as confident as you appear to be with their product and poor manufacturing. Look no further than their severely reduced, “almost no warranty” to see they too have no faith in their own product and manufacturing. You are clearly ignoring that major fact. JJP does not think what I explained above is a “load of crap”, as by JJPs own actions, they fully agree with what I’ve written. Again that’s not an opinion, that’s fact evidenced by their own almost no warranty policy, nor will JJP honor warranty claims for all their consumers owning their faulty poorly designed and engineered product.

JJP simply tells all its customers with failed product, to go buy your own washer kit or whatever kit (insert warranty claim issue). In the case of Deez who started this thread, go buy your own computer main board…why would anyone have confidence like you are reporting, in a classless company like JJP???

#722 2 years ago

Poor seller, even after reducing price can’t even trade GNR away, after 2 weeks. Come on JJP, help your customers with legitimate warranty claims. No one wants to buy without warranty help. Take care of @fattdirk.

4CE1EF35-EA11-4937-8A7B-A90E8F4FB453 (resized).jpeg4CE1EF35-EA11-4937-8A7B-A90E8F4FB453 (resized).jpeg

NIB sales have had to have fallen or being canceled all over with JJP silence.

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I can beat that .
[quoted image]

Slash is also getting rid of his GNR machine??? Wow! (Says, posted by Slash. Even Slash is fed up with JJP bad quality, lol.)

#727 2 years ago

Can’t you read the bottom left of that ad? Posted by Slash…

#729 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I don’t think thats real. I know YOU want it to be.

No, wouldn’t like to see Slash dumping it too, but his asking price sure seems like it could be him or otherwise, that seller is not in reality. With all the issues surrounding GNR now, could he even get what he paid for it I wonder?

Fire sales happening all over and after weeks still there. JJP needs to stand behind their products to make this stop.

03F9E6AD-B2E1-4564-A0D4-010EBAE94A51 (resized).jpeg03F9E6AD-B2E1-4564-A0D4-010EBAE94A51 (resized).jpeg88E37388-D93A-4B0D-AE1C-4F40FDB2962D (resized).jpeg88E37388-D93A-4B0D-AE1C-4F40FDB2962D (resized).jpeg

#731 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The weird question is why would he now just be opening it? You know he got the second one off the line.

Yes, I would agree, weird.

#777 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

JJP lost me as a customer

I do agree with the assessment the JJP’s obviously does not have confidence in the quality of their products given the warranty that they put out.
I also received a Guns N’ Roses limited edition with a shitty playfield. I have less than 200 games and I have pooling and cracking on my playfield in multiple areas. JJP has been terrible about the customer service. I wouldn’t call it customer service, they have done nothing. They won’t admit there’s a problem. They tell customers that they don’t recommend us modifying our machines. They don’t put out official bulletins on how to actually fix or mitigate this fucking problem. I have had a bunch of stern machines and I’ve had great experiences with them. I don’t think I’m going to be buying a JJP’s ever again and it’s a bummer because I actually love this freaking game. They could’ve had me as a customer for life but now they will have me telling people to avoid them. They don’t give a crap about their customers or quality. Obviously when Jack sold off half of that company to an investment firms the place went down the toilet. My hope is spooky and other companies will come and steal the business from them. JJP does not deserve to keep making money if they keep delivering this crap quality and ghosting customers. The playfields are such garbage that you can’t even re-coat the clear because the artwork is peeling off. The only way to fix this is to replace an actual playfield but they won’t do that. Oh yeah they did offer to sell me one.

Your experience with JJP is more evidence of a company living in complete denial of real world problems with their products. JJPs motto is similar to French Queen Marie Antoinette that famously quipped, “let them eat cake”, as the proletariat were complaining and rioting over extremely poor conditions in the country. Queen JJPs motto to a tea, they simply don’t care (“let them buy their own washer kit, lol”), so why should we care any longer about JJP products? (Queen Marie was beheaded for her flippant attitude - Queen JJP will not recover from this either, unless they turn a 180 and quick.)

#800 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Makes sense but why can't Stern at least spend an extra $1 - $2 per game for some longer wire connected to a power switch in the traditional easily accessible location? Cost cutting at its worst.

More BS coming from JJP PFreak fanboy always trying to get people discussing in a JJP problem thread, all the JJP problems to look at Stern instead. Go to Stern threads for that PFreak. Lol

#806 2 years ago

A word to the wise. Do as Zach M. just stated on his recent pinball podcast and dump your GNRs while there is still time before prices plummet even more. Like he said, a plummet in GNR value is coming big time. With threads like this one where we are all learning the truth, it will happen even faster. Hopefully Deez and Kkoss will be taken care of, but so far they haven’t been helped by JJP, whom still remains silent.

Most all GNRs appear to have growing problems, unfortunately for a game that some like. The seller has low plays and wise to sell it before even larger PF issues happen from more plays. Just like I had to do on JJP games, fix and sell right after all problems were fixed, working and look semi decent.
F1BE3534-CA0C-42B7-B587-3493DFD3DDF6 (resized).jpegF1BE3534-CA0C-42B7-B587-3493DFD3DDF6 (resized).jpeg

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Where is the link of Zach saying this? He’s a distributor so that would be pretty bold

Listen from the 36 minute mark. https://overcast.fm/+XdpBMo3vE/35:59 (he’s a lover of JJP), so he gives it a more positive spin, even though he’s wisely telling listeners, GNR is at its peak, so sell now, because price trends are going down, down, down. Threads like this and JJP silence, will surely cause prices to plummet. History shows this to be true.

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't feed the troll. He has one goal on this site and that's spreading misinformation and hate against JJP. I don't think he owns a single pin, let alone a JJP. His behavior is odd, bizarre, etc. Best to leverage the ignore feature and never read that nonsense again.
Loving my GNR and everything it has to offer, it's one hell of an amazing pin. I could care less if it goes up or down $500 like you said lol.

What about when GNR goes down 30%? You know its coming, lol. With all the nonstop GNR horror stories being revealed, it can’t stay up in value. (Thanks PFreak for continuing to read my posts. You know you love them.)

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

1.The power button used to be in an easily accessible location.
2. The power button is no longer in an easily accessible location.
3. Stern could run some wire from the power supply and install a power switch at the traditional easily accessible location but choose not to.
This decision comes across as another cost cutting move along with the cheaper lock down bar latches, removal of the traditional head lock, 3/4 sheet metal head, cheaper cabinet brackets, plastic exterior cabinet protectors versus metal, and yes even cheaper tilt bobs...

Don’t stop slamming Stern, feels too good right? Whose the real troll???

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just like the lock down bar clamps. WAY better design.

All the designs Stern has come out with in the last few years since Batman have been for the betterment of pinball, not cost saving measures. Lock down bar far superior to my JJPs. Power button location far superior, unless you’re a midget and can’t reach it, lol. Under cabinet is old tech and not efficient. We have to pay for all JJPs inefficiencies, like the power button. JJPs LCD screen placement is definitely old school and troublesome trying to get to other components; its in the way. Stern’s is never in the way and more efficient use of screen real estate and less confusing than JJPs. The list goes on and on and one of the reasons, Stern’s sell for so much less than a JJP. Stern LE $9200. JJP equivalent CE, $13,500. No way there is $4,300 more in a JJP CE over a Stern LE (both companies same tier offering). Again, we are paying for all the inefficiencies of JJP inexperienced low manufacturing off the shelf techniques. Can almost buy a Stern pro for the difference in price. Baffling why we have paid such ridiculous JJP pricing up to this point and suffer now with a no warranty product. This thread and many more are filled with JJP horror stories.

#896 2 years ago

Deez the most comforting thing about your situation is all your Stern machines are about to get an incredible upgrade. Unfortunately GNR is in a long line of old type pinball machines, destined to be somewhat forgotten. Stern’s are about to hit the next level in September with online play that will change the pinball industry. As a result all our Stern’s will substantially increase in value, because of the extended online playability. It will revolutionize the industry above and beyond what pinball has done over the decades of not much in the way of innovations.

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not understanding the Ritchie hire for a company that can’t produce a game a year AND the cancel brigade is working hard to stick a fork in JJP.

Cancel club has already stuck a fork in the small boutique company known as JJP. Out of all Stern designers, SR is least favorite by game sales alone, which all (except ST, SW and AC/DC) rank at Stern’s bottom. The last 2 BK and LZ were almost flops to some degree. When LZ was compared to GNR plastics and LEDs, it surpasses LZ by a landslide. Although LZ game play is far superior, nothing else is. So no wonder Stern sent him out to pasture and he went to a company on its way out too, JJP. SR never knew how to work a Stern BOM like Eddie, Gomez, Borg or Elwin does. All his games are lackluster and empty by comparison and maybe the reason he’s out of Stern. Why would anyone in their right mind jump from the defacto leader to a known tiny boutique company like JJP (only 6 measly games in soon to be 14 years), unless they were shown the door??? Stern decided no matter the BOM, SR doesn’t have it any longer and the only place to pasture, was a place where most buyers have already left in droves…JJP.

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

…and was driven back to the retirement home they thought to have escaped.

Too funny!

#999 2 years ago

How is your case going with the notorious deception known as JJP, @fattdirk? As well as your case @kkoss24? Nice lame duck move on JJPs part. We are all discussing their terrible quality products, their radio silence, lack of warranty, poor manufacturing, and lame IPs, so they recruit a (washed up) well known designer to get us discussing SR instead of being focused on the crap JJP puts out as $10K+ products. Nice smoke and mirrors JJP! Got to hand it to you JJP, you’re tops at least at deception. Still hoping they fix all your problems for the 2 of you and many others!

#1173 2 years ago
Quoted from prl867:

I’m a bit on the fence about how I feel about this topic.
There is a part of me that wants to say that buying a pinball machine from any manufacturer comes with risk and the buyer shouldn’t really have any expectation of long term follow through with complimentary repairs.(or, at least, was).

Does that part of you work for JJP? They are the only manufacturer that does not stand behind their product. Don’t spin it that others do the same because they don’t. How many times do you hear reports of CGC, Stern, Spooky and others sending parts out of warranty even for no costs? I’ve experienced this type of service from most everyone, except the “blame the customer” JJP. We would not let a car manufacturer get away with a pour paint job and be a corporate apologist like your above statement.

Quoted from PinFever:

i may share my Experiences with this JJP customer service soon if i keep getting Ghosted by them . I put in my ticket months ago and still can not get a clear answer on the Washers being put on or not to stop it from getting worse .
and the playfield is going to get worse if i play it the way it came from the factory/ Jersey Jack if he said that about People causing the damage he is an idiot .

You stated that correctly: “he is an idiot”. Jack is a moron of supreme unimportance. He has the unmitigated nerve to blame customers for all the PF problems??? Right there should be enough for any sane person to never deal with JJP again, as long as this idiot is calling the shots. He’s run this company into the ground several times now and is bound and determined to do it a fourth time, by blaming the customer of all people, for JJPs lack of business acumen. Cannot believe any of you JJP lemmings will support such a menace to pinball. Flamesuit on; go ahead and downvote like the enthralled sycophants, Jack the piped piper is leading. Unbelievable anyone with all this evidence that keeps piling in, would ever buy any JJP product again. There are too many good options out there to waste any more of our hard earned money on obliviously uncaring pointing the finger at us the consumer Jack! Sane people unite and resist any JJP shiny, as it will not stay shiny past a couple hundred games and then you’ll be offered the chance to pay even more for a PF that you’ll never put on the machine. How crazy is JJP???

#1180 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:Says the guy who owns Avengers which has some of the worst callouts in pinball..."It's time to go binary". What does that even mean? In the words of Greg from SDTM when talking about Avengers "Callouts suck"! Callouts in GNR are pretty damn awesome thanks to actual band involvement.

Only simple minded don’t understand the word “binary”. Look up in the dictionary…

#1181 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It absolutely does make sense and I stand by that rating.
4.75 is because of the garbage Playfield and sh1tty flippers and non-existent warranty. I refer to this thread as an example.
You can't say the same from RFM.

You guys are forgetting what thread your in.
I won't get over Jack and team screwing their customers without lube. Sorry; you like watching that bs happen regularly. Maybe you fanbois like it yourself? Don't know.

Fanboys stand by the unimaginable BS coming out of JJP and try to draw other companies in with the same ilk.

#1183 2 years ago

Lol, you always reduce yourself to name calling, but I actually like what you’re calling me: C.S. Surely stands for Captain Super!

#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s right you C.S

Captain Super thanks you for your kindness. (Do we need to get Hazoff over here to straighten you out again with the truth?)

#1193 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Says the guy who owns Avengers which has some of the worst callouts in pinball..."It's time to go binary". What does that even mean? In the words of Greg from SDTM when talking about Avengers "Callouts suck"! Callouts in GNR are pretty damn awesome thanks to actual band involvement.

It is always slam Stern who is doing things for the most part the right way. They stand behind their warranties, even when the warranties are over. You never change do you PFreak.

These JJP GNR machines look worse than machines that have been routed for 30 to 40 years and Jack is blaming us the customer for the damage??? Just playing our machines??? Yes, Jack we want to beat up our $13,000 dollar purchases, that’s exactly what we want to do with our hard earned money. So short sighted on JJP part and Jack’s moronic statements. Wow, what a colossal blunder on Jack’s behalf, blaming us the customer. Is anyone in the corporate arena that stupid in any business???????? (Jack is king of the idiots and there is no way you JJP fanboys can spin that positively.) JJP is in a downward spiral out of control from the top down. No support for non caring delusional dictators at JJP like Jack.

#1200 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Does it say mirco on the playfield?

Even worse, does it come with a zero no warranty certificate from flim flam JJP? As the title of this thread states: “Avoid JJP - They do not stand behind their products” and stop buying their junk. There are so many alternatives to JJPs tiny 1 machine offering.

#1203 2 years ago

This post is so on the money, that all owner’s by just playing their GNR, DI, POTC, WW games; its the customers fault JJPs faulty products all fall apart. Jack is a moronic spokesperson for JJP. They don’t come much dumber….Good job coming up with this, @jorant! You captured Jack’s sheep eatin idiot grin facial expression, lol.

F59FE432-EEC4-4319-B17D-720B2372A395 (resized).jpegF59FE432-EEC4-4319-B17D-720B2372A395 (resized).jpeg

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I tried to look up "It's time to go binary" and I still don't understand WTF that call out is supposed to mean.
At least now I know I am simple minded

I have the game and it makes complete sense, when that call out comes, it is easy to understand. Anyone playing the game knows she is referring to double the points if you hit the CM ramp, then the BW ramp in successive order. It is quite an intense and exciting combo when the call out is made. PFreak is a simpleton that has not played the game to understand and making an idiotic statement as usual as a way to put down an excellent Keith Elwin game. PFreak somehow thinks a Stern put down, bolsters the dregs of JJP in some kind of weird comparison. It’s what JJP sycophant cheerleaders like PanzerFreak and romulusx do. PFreak does these moronic posts to get people talking about Stern instead of his beloved JJP as a deterrent, even though this thread is about avoiding JJP and has zero to do with Stern. It’s the best he can do with so much evidence piling in that JJP is a sinking ship. PFreak acts like he owns stock in the company. Go figure!

#1226 2 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I don't see the likeness...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe you can see it now….

430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).pngECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpegECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Same for me or my distributor jumped all over it. Kingpin for the win.

Of course everything went well for the guy that buys any pinball coming down the pike like 2 RAZAs, lol.

JJP is plain and simply an irresponsible company setup to take the gullible/innocent’s money and then leave them hanging with almost zero support. Those claiming support are far fewer than those of us telling how we’ve not been supported and ripped off with no warranty. Only the very foolish/fanboys now buy anything JJP dumps on the market.

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fair point!
I like the threads where people are helping people. I try to give back when I can.

To be fair Derek, you’re one of the ultimate JJP fanboys and can’t see the forest for the trees. If JJP put out a machine title labeled “CRAP”, you’d be singing its praises and can’t wait to shoot it again for the 5 thousandth time, lol.

Advice: relax since you don’t have any stock in JJP. Who cares what anyone says here about any pinball company for that matter. They are just expressing their opinions, that is what forums are all about. No one here is toxic, as they all have different experiences good and bad with JJP. You stick your head in the sand when JJP is discussed, because JJP somehow has become you. JJP is a tiny company that only releases a game every 2 years, so I get your frustration, because you don’t have much to discuss after talking about GNR for the umpteenth time.

Believe it or not, people telling us all the negative about JJP are the real helpers. They help us the most of all avoid another nightmare experience from JJP.

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Been awhile Jimmy! You are still here fighting the good fight and saving the innocent dunces from the JJP evil empire I see. Knock yourself out.
Derek is a good dude that likes to have fun with his games and is passionate about them. Just like you are passionate about the hate for JJP.
I agree with DakotaMike, Pinside is what you make it and when you fall into the sewer it’s best to climb right back out of it and move on.
Fwiw, I love my GNR and Wonka CEs with zero issues and lovely pf’s.

Happy New Year Dougie! You are a JJP sellout now too??? Gloating about nice PFs when so many are suffering? Come on Dougie, feel for others even a little.

You’re right about at least one thing: falling into the JJP sewer, it’s well, really stinky when you do. Lol! Keep your JJP promo going, JJPs gotta love the tiny few that claim they have no issues. You’re one of the lucky few (if that’s really the case), but your day in the JJP sewer is coming soon, lol. I won’t tell ya I told you so.

#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

the hate for JJP.

Dougie, not exactly sure how concern for others and the many problems they have with JJP not supporting or giving a warranty with faulty product equates to hate???

#1286 2 years ago

Happy New Year to all of you! Hoping JJP 2022 will become a real caring company, with a real warranty and create a real customer service department. (Nah, kidding ourselves…its just a dream…lol. Too bad as TS might have been fun to play with my little children.)

#1296 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please read Yelobird 's post #1289 . I don't get paid. I do get the game. Which even if they were paying me, they'd have to get me one for tech support anyway.
When Jack hired me, the last thing he needed was another salary to pay. And I don't do good with a boss, which if someone signs your paycheck, you have a boss.
I'm happy with this and I believe has served us both well for 8 3/4 years.
Even the internet phone I put in for JJP tech support I pay for.
I just wish it would go on awhile longer so I can keep helping people with their Jersey Jack games.
LTG : )

You are truly a good person. We appreciate your service, but JJP should be paying you, they can afford it. You’re the only good part of their weak service. The laborer is worthy of their hire and paycheck.

#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let’s not forget the pf issues Stern went through. Peaking with GB and major ghosting issues, planking and art chipping and falling apart
Yeah every company has issues and goes through problems. Eventually the ship gets righted.
I’m very happy with ALL my different company pins right now. Keep ‘em coming!!
Toy Story will be a huge seller. So will Godfather

Come on Dougie, bringing Stern into this thread that’s all about avoiding JJP, because “they don’t stand behind their product”? Schilling??? The Dogfather is not going to be a huge seller. No one in their right mind wants a slow burn like that title. TS for the kiddies might do okay, if a miracle happens and all JJP PFs get fixed and no mechs on the PFs like the last two offerings.

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Could you please try not acting like a child?

D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpegD2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
#1324 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I hope people reading this understand that you have ZERO experience as a JJP customer and that you’re basing your opinion on information that you’ve selectively picked from the internet.
To add, Stern does not warranty its playfields:
STERN PINBALL INC LIMITED WARRANTY
Stern Pinball Inc (‘SELLER’) warrants only to the initial purchaser of its products that the items listed below are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the warranty period specified:
• Printed circuit boards (game logic): 2 months
• Dot Matrix / LCD Display: 9 months
No other parts of seller’s product are warranted.
Warranty periods are effective from the initial date of shipment from seller to its authorized distributors.
Seller’s sole liability shall be, at its option, to repair or replace products which are returned to seller during the warranty periods specified, provided:
1. Seller is notified promptly upon discovery by purchaser that stated products are defective.
2. Such products are properly packaged and then returned freight prepaid, to seller’s plant.
This warranty does not apply to any parts damaged during shipment and/or due to improper handling, or due to improper installation or usage, or alteration. In no event shall the seller be liable for
any anticipated profits, loss of profits, loss of use, accidental or consequential damages, or any other losses incurred by the customer in connection with the purchase of a Stern Pinball Inc Product.

Do you work for JJP? Regardless of what you’ve written here, experience and history demonstrate that Stern backs up PF issues, by the customer being made whole without additional expense. JJP on the other hand does a slip shod send a washer kit, which they even charge for now and make the customer pay for an additional PF. Which additional purchased PFs still have the same issues, so nothing is solved.

JJP apologists try to do what you just did and say Stern is the same, but actual results show they are not at all alike. JJP quality is a fantasy, because it does not exist, except in the minds of the JJP marketing department and folk lore. JJP manufacturing is the worst and lowest quality of anyone building pinball machines. Real world user experience is proof. Countless threads and photos on this website back up what I’m saying.

#1325 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I'm not denying there are issues, but for me I've not seen a JJP machine with any issues, just the pictures on pinside. My WOZ, Wonka and Hobbit have been perfect. The GNR on location didn't have any pooling or chipping that I could see.

Every JJP location machine I’ve seen has chipping, peeling, pooling and usually out of order much of the time, till GNR. Since GNR is basically mechless, it seems to stay working, but still loaded with PF problematic issues.

#1327 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I hope people reading this understand that zit is an experienced pinball guy and most people complaining have serious issues with their 10k machines that jjp are not addressing after multiple games with the same shitty Mirco playfields.

Fully agree, Zitt is a very experienced pinball enthusiast and speaks the truth.

Sterns customer service and quality nowadays is second to none. JJPs customer service other than Loyd, almost doesn’t exist. And now JJP is trying to do away with the best customer service person they ever had…Loyd! A guy that’s always been there to help us and not paid a dime by the cheapskates at JJP!!

#1331 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you for the kind words my friend.
Actually today I'm gone.
I'll miss helping on JJP games. Was for 8 3/4 years.
LTG : (

So sad to hear this! You’ll be missed big time by all of us here on Pinside. We are grateful for your service to us and pinside. Big thanks to you Loyd from all of us for 8, almost 9 years wonderful service!!

#1335 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Then why is stern not changing out their crappy coil stops? There are hundreds of people that have to go buy better ones in the first few weeks of owning a Stern and yet still here we are. We all know you and Zit have it out for JJP but this is right in front of Stern and your faces and yet nothing. Just let's pick apart one company, makes you look disingenuous to say the least.

Would agree with you on the coil stop issue. Stern needs to replace them with better quality for sure and get rid of those noisy fans, lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,400 (OBO)
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,000.00
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwe5t.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=jimwe5t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.