tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I have been saving up for a GNR, ever since I saw Slash at JJP on Youtube. Big fan of the music and concerts. I got to play one this weekend at a local brew pub. The first couple games, I did not score well and was disappointed. About game 3, I got a multi-ball and the music volume amped up. I was loving the game up until the ball got stuck. Fortunately, the owner opened the glass and freed it. Even gave me some free games. Then he tried to fix the spinner, as it was not turning freely when you hit it with a ball. After awhile, he put the game back together. The spinner was lopsided but loose to spin. Then he showed me the problems with the posts sinking into the clear and the wear on the playfield already on a fairly new game. I was shocked. Nope, not gonna make that purchase now. Especially after reading all the other owners reporting problems. The owner even knew who was doing the clear on the playfields. Said they were rushed into production without letting the clear cure or a bad drying agent in the clear. Instead of the playfield being like glass, like it is on my other pinballs, it was like rubbery, that you could push your fingernail into. Nope not happening.

“Like it is on my other pinballs”. You mean the Doctor Who?

It’s a good story but you missed several talking points in your list

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

He’s not lying. Dr Who never chipped or pooled after 100 plays. And Dr. Who probably cost $1300 brand new

Nobody cared back then and Who knows?

I’ve seen some shitty chewed up shooter lanes. Defective pf’s?

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m still trying to decide if Pinside has or hasn’t exposed anything, or if it’s the typical Pinside mob mentality with JJP the current manufacturer under the cross hairs. I mean, the chipped posts are real, but know what, my Deadpool is chipped too. The difference? My GNR post is now mylar’d, protected and concealed with a washer. Deadpool is mylar’d but still visible to the eye. So why does stern get a pass and JJP not?
For more feedback, here is my history of owning GNR since November, 8 months:
• I over tightened the flipper arm pawl and snapped it. JJP sent me new ones (plural) all assembled for free even though I broke it. I got the replacements <1 week
• Guitar lock mech started acting funny - coil kept firing unstoppable. JJP sent me new coil sleeves, stops, springs within days. No cost.
• magnet coil thermal switch tripped. JJP sent me full new coil assembly at no cost. <1 week.
2nd magnet coil is running like a champ. I thought it fried the other day but then started working again - makes me wonder if the new coil has an auto reset thermal switch? Either that or it didn’t stop working and I was on crack.
• chipped PF at post. For the most part, radio silence from JJP but after 2 weeks and evaluating pics, they sent me the new washer kit. I added mylar ring (purchased separately) and washer.
• left spotlight stopped working. JJP was unclear what was wrong. After a week, I have them a video and we agreed it needed a full replacement. They said it would be an RMA - i.e. I have to send the old back after I got the new one or id have to pay for the new one. They also said they were having supply issues so couldn’t send a new one right away. All in all it took about 3-4 weeks to get the new spotlight and the whole process costed me $0.
The only $ out of my pocket for 8 months of ownership was the $10 expense on Mylar rings.
Game freakin rocks the roof off and is amazing. I personally would go through it all over again if someone asked. But I probably wouldn’t recommend it to others only because the Pinside mob mentality is so scary lol.

I agree with you SKB the game is amazing and I apologize in advance for not falling in line with the mob talking points

I’m also sorry to say my game has had ZERO issues 6 months in. Check that, the shooter rod had to be adjusted. Sorry if that offends people

I also don’t think it makes sense to attack the guy personally, Barry, who is trying to help?

Fattdirk I hope you get your issues resolved

#238 2 years ago

Once again, people will get a chance to vote with their wallets when Toy Story is announced.

Let’s see how fast those CEs sell out this time?

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Who cares what we are all saying - is that your point? Customer service is not very good at this company but hey whatever they will sell out of CEs. Thanks for ANOTHER great post. Just keep saying the same thing in every thread.

Will do. Gets drowned out with the same things said in every thread, over and over

But like I said. We will see if it’s fact or fiction. The wallet doesn’t lie

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Cant fix stupid.

Don’t make things personal. You know the rules.

And btw, if I bought one I would be one of 500 “stupid people”

You worry about how to spend your own $$$

I do my thing. I don’t follow mob mentality

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I agree here - not what I am saying. I was referencing Iceman post about "Let’s see how fast those CEs sell out this time?". That to me is encouraging more bad behavior.

You just can’t affect how people want to spend their $$$. Others like me have totally different experiences with JJP

Sorry if you don’t like it

I didn’t like JJP from Hobbit through GNR. Now I’m back with a Wonka too

#255 2 years ago

I didnt mean you specifically...
I meant the general mindset that I must have this machine even before I see it, play it, etc etc..... hell Ill even prepay for the privilege.
The "take my money" crowd are the problem.

I get it. Look at Spooky just now! It’s pins, cars, houses etc. Times are crazy

#301 2 years ago

Right now, yes I’m drinking some cerveza (that means beer for non Texans) and pre gaming a Roger Creager concert at Gruene Hall. Look her up

I’m gonna tip one for all of you guys tonight. All in all, a great hobby, plenty of options to buy, and try as hard as it may be, put the whiner pipe down and put a smile on your faces and flip some pinball!

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm looking to sell my GnR CE. Am I posting in the right thread?

How much? $8k since it's a POS? This def ain't the right thread. Lol

$15k?

#472 2 years ago

Yah not to give people ideas but I bought an OLED tv on a Platinum card...
It had issues and they came and fixed it and then more issues came up and LG refused to fix it again. I asked AmEx to step in...
End of day AmEx paid me off for the TV (this was when they were a few grand) and said go get a new one.
I got it fixed locally and pocketed the rest... free TV pretty much, still works.

Well American Express just posted great earnings and the stock jumped big time so your little grifter move didn't impact them much Elvis! Lol

Thankfully, i've never had to use mine that way but if i did that's why i have it.

#588 2 years ago

Things change all the time and pinball people are very “fickle”.

And the pf issue is fixable. Bader provided the original shit pf’s for Woz. Stern has had its issues over the years. Now Spooky,
AP, CGC, Haggis, P3 all getting it right.

So it’s possible to fix it now but will they?

Funny thing is I recall how the fickle masses for years defended JJP in total denial.

DI comes to mind and the chipping pf’s early on and excuses from the fans

From the time of Canceling my Hobbit to GNR I was no JJP fan. Then I got a GNR and Wonka CE

Very happy with both right now, but I have not needed to use customer service either

1 week later
#926 2 years ago

Not understanding the Ritchie hire for a company that can’t produce a game a year AND the cancel brigade is working hard to stick a fork in JJP.

Despite that effort, I can already hear the silent screams building……”take my money now Steve”! Lol

4 months later
#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

To be fair Derek, you’re one of the ultimate JJP fanboys and can’t see the forest for the trees. If JJP put out a machine title labeled “CRAP”, you’d be singing its praises and can’t wait to shoot it again for the 5 thousandth time, lol.
Advice: relax since you don’t have any stock in JJP. Who cares what anyone says here about any pinball company for that matter. They are just expressing their opinions, that is what forums are all about. No one here is toxic, as they all have different experiences good and bad with JJP. You stick your head in the sand when JJP is discussed, because JJP somehow has become you. JJP is a tiny company that only releases a game every 2 years, so I get your frustration, because you don’t have much to discuss after talking about GNR for the umpteenth time.
Believe it or not, people telling us all the negative about JJP are the real helpers. They help us the most of all avoid another nightmare experience from JJP.

Been awhile Jimmy! You are still here fighting the good fight and saving the innocent dunces from the JJP evil empire I see. Knock yourself out.

Derek is a good dude that likes to have fun with his games and is passionate about them. Just like you are passionate about the hate for JJP.

I agree with DakotaMike, Pinside is what you make it and when you fall into the sewer it’s best to climb right back out of it and move on.

Fwiw, I love my GNR and Wonka CEs with zero issues and lovely pf’s.

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Happy New Year Dougie! You are a JJP sellout now too??? Gloating about nice PFs when so many are suffering? Come on Dougie, feel for others even a little.
You’re right about at least one thing: falling into the JJP sewer, it’s well, really stinky when you do. Lol! Keep your JJP promo going, JJPs gotta love the tiny few that claim they have no issues. You’re one of the lucky few (if that’s really the case), but your day in the JJP sewer is coming soon, lol. I won’t tell ya I told you so.

I don’t consider myself a “sellout”. I just like GNR and Wonka. I don’t like Hobbit, DI or POTC.

I’ll probably buy Toy Story? See how it looks.

Just like Stern, Spooky, AP, CGC I buy what I like and don’t sweat the small stuff.

Life is too short for that. Now if people have issues with ANY game I hope they get resolved.

There is a new JJP podcast discussing 2022. It’s a New Year, let’s bring some hope and optimism

Happy New Year Jimmy!

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Since they made me the JJP ambassador they removed my access to the tech support emails. Prior to that I couldn't send parts since the new people came in, but I still helped with issues that didn't need parts.
LTG : )

That seems like a BAD MOVE on their part Lloyd! Did it have something to do with liability?

Pinball times are booming right now. There will be another point in time when pinball is suffering. It's happened before and it will happen again.

I don't think Stern, JJP or any of them are intentionally neglecting their consumer base or taking us for granted BUT, when times do eventually get tougher, some folks will remember a bad experience and not buy their product.

All of them, i would make customer service the #2 priority behind making great games. Gotta service these babies to meet REASONABLE expectations. GOTTA COMMUNICATE GUYS!!! Return phone calls and follow through.

Some people can't ever be made happy no matter the circumstances are. Every pinball company has to deal with these people.

Lastly, we don't need people telling us what to do or not do with our own $$$. We are grown people. The threads and comments are all out there for people to decide for themselves. It's called personal responsibility.

In the meantime, i'm going to continue to enjoying my games and greatly appreciating the folks that chime in and go above and beyond to help the community when we do have issues.

Happy New Year!

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...or they're just afraid of jimwe5t.
Honestly, though, I'm as big a Stern fan as the next guy, and I love JJP just as much. But some people quickly forget all the problems Stern has had in the past (splitting cabinets, anyone?). Every company has its hiccups. I still love my WOZ, but just haven't been into any other theme they've released since. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.
No reason to troll JJP threads, is what I'm trying to say.

Let’s not forget the pf issues Stern went through. Peaking with GB and major ghosting issues, planking and art chipping and falling apart

Yeah every company has issues and goes through problems. Eventually the ship gets righted.

I’m very happy with ALL my different company pins right now. Keep ‘em coming!!

Toy Story will be a huge seller. So will Godfather

#1300 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Damn I thought this was mo

They still have not contacted me for the use of my avatar Ice

We can count on you for a Godfather CE Bill?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.