tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#361 2 years ago

"Build Quality"

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

but not all distros can do that

Why not?

They would if no one was buying them. They would if the problems become so great that it caused a loss in revenue as apposed to a profit. There are plenty of other games to sell.

#468 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

But people are buying them. ALL OF THEM. All these machines sell.

Yeah and if the distributor wants to continue to sell them then they have to deal with the repercussions. Personally I wouldn't care about some PF chipping (with in reason of course" I've had it on a couple Sterns. Its not a big deal for me. But for many at these prices who can blame them for holding the distributor responsible for delivering on refunds or replacements etc.

Quoted from porkcarrot:

Distros should stop carrying JJP, but it’s real hard to do that without knowing other business will be there.

There's plenty of other business to do. Stern falling apart could have an impact for a Pin distro company but the others including JJP are all boutique and could easily disappear.

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

If someone didn’t like the risk, they shouldn’t have bought it. It’s that simple.

Sorry but the risk lies with the seller. I don't know want kind of guarantee the distributor offered but...............................Oh no, wait. I don't care anymore.

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Maybe ops weren't demanding things in the 90s because they weren't issues?

More like they didn't care. Get the game on location and make money, not only were things usually broken to some degree but the PF was dirty and people beat the hell out them. Smoke ridden environments and spilled drinks, all kinds of abuse. I agree for these prices and for collectors its unacceptable but believe me the 90's stuff was far from perfect. It depends on the buyer as well. A lot of people want perfection, some don't care at all with everything in between.

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I don’t think it’s debatable at this point that Hobbit is their best game considering reliability

Its debatable alright. I'd rather have an unreliable DI than Hobbit.

Quoted from greeneye:

The market being so white hot is probably a big reason why there are quality control issues.

Nope.

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

but Stern have playfields that bow like bananas

They Do?

Never heard that before.

#549 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

But after WOZ and the rest, Stern upped their game,in game design.

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Chicago Jack Pinball would rather convince it is normal

"Build Quality"

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

If people keep buying there pin at 10k that have issues there dumb.

Wrong.
If they don't want issues and buy them then they are "Dumb" but some people can live with those issues, we all know the risks. Jesus some guys still buy NIB pins from start up companies and we all know the track record of that in pinball.

Oh yeah, by the way u shouldn't call anyone dumb while u have a Thunderbird s in ur collection.

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Romey cheers: Give me a J, give me another J, give me a P, what does that spell? “Just Joking People”, Jersey Jack is not worth my efforts any longer…LOL.(Has Romulusx seen the light?)

If that light was coming from 2 feet away from the sun he wouldn't see it. I always love the "Stern fans seem to love this" with regards to troubled PF and issues with JJP. Could it be its cause all the JJP fanboys do is make it out like JJP is the second coming. "Build Quality" I know I love it. Romulick must have blocked me, I was wondering how its possible he wasn't here in high defence of JJP, "Build Quality" I'm sure it was mentioned how JJP fans never do this in a Stern thread. Luckily I can still get it via others quoting his ridiculous horseshit. Keep it coming kind sir.

Thanks for that.

Quoted from blacklightprod:

I honestly think JJP gets the most flack because we acknowledge they’re who we expect the most from

shit

but a pinball World without the innovation leader that is a DUMB THOUGHT!

horse shit

there is NEVER a thread like this about Stern

smelly, stinky, piles of fly ridden Horseshit. Where do u guys come up with this stuff.

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

you guys are better then that!

That's what u think.

I don't even know who he is to be honest. First time I've seen his name or maybe its just a new avatar.

Quoted from romulusx:

I never thought you were a dick but Hazoff I know is

Well I can't argue with that.

Why quit arguing? Its fun. Listen "Build Quality"

#656 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

but there are people who Stern has burnt as well .

It comes across that ur a fanboy cause this is ur defence of any criticism towards JJP. We aren't talking about Stern, they have their own threads for the crap they pull.

#665 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

And you come across as a fanboy when you upvote something as ignorant as puffdannys post!

Puff who?

Hey Romulick, "build quality" whistle:

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Old Jaxoff has been calling me that forever.He’s such a wordsmith?

What about Jaxoff? That's nothing new u know. And lets not forget there are variations to "Romulick" like "romulick other mens balls" Romulick my balls" Romulick ur own balls" I will try to change it up now, need a bit of time.

Quoted from romulusx:

JJP plays like a Zizzle.

That was the part I was agreeing with and I don't even understand it. I assume "zizzle" means "boring" but who knows. The joy I'm getting here is having to listen to all the crap about the greatness and superiority of JJP games for the last like 7 yrs and many are realising its just another pinball company. "Build quality"

#683 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

or you just look stupid!!!

That shipped has sailed for him. In fact its sailed and its sunken deep into the high sea. He keeps telling me "were done" but won't block me cause it will make him appear weak. Its a just a matter of though, no one fucks with Hazoff, Hazoff does the fuckin. Oh yeah

#698 2 years ago

Whats Done? Did u just count urself down to a blocking? Wow

The victim mentality of the JJP fanboys is shocking.

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What are you talking about , half the posts on this thread are about Stern

Gee I wonder who is bringin them up. Of course people are responding once its brought into it, take the response out and its all comparison that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Slap urself with that hand kind sir.

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Gotta love the internet... people just live to argue these days.

Well of course they do. They always did or at least wanted to but long ago ur argument could get u beatin up or worse now u can hide out with ur keyboard and let loose. I prefer the old way. We are exchanging opinions and that leads to discussion and ultimately arguing when old guys are talking about their over priced toys.

#714 2 years ago

One more time please.

timburton.0.0 (resized).jpgtimburton.0.0 (resized).jpg
#740 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Yup just a sign of the times.

I don't think that's the case. Its a get rid of it before it becomes to chipped or malfunctioning in some way that it will kill the resale value. Also many players get bored fast (me) I've sold games with in a couple months that I really enjoyed but it was time to go.

#757 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

FFS, why don't we just go back to the days of only Stern making games and barely scraping by? Why does everyone have to pick a team and hate on the other manufacurers constantly? Not to mention hate on the people who enjoy different pins or enjoy pinball in different ways from themselves? What a waste of flipping time. We all (supposedly) love pinball. I wonder if some of the people on here even like pinball so much as they like trying to look like badasses on pinside. News flash... you're still all dorks.

Cause its fun to disagree and be a dick. The other option is too just agree and be kind to one another, that sounds like a fuckin nightmare. I doubt its ever a full blown hate anyway, and if it is then ur taking pinball way too seriously.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#758 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

To me Iron Maiden is boring.

See.

Classic fanboy response. "yeah but Stern"

I get not liking the theme and in turn disliking the game but "boring" what a joke.

#779 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I knew the Sternboy would respond.

No such thing. But JJP fanboys are very real. U know that.

#784 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Bullcrap. You are a Stern FANBOY big time. Who are you kidding.

Whatever helps u deal with ur Fanboy problem I'll go along with it. I mean JJP fanboys have been calling anyone with criticism to their precious "second coming" pin company a Stern fanboy for almost a decade now.

#941 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:Does the JJP bashing have to be constant? Every thread. Every post. Every day over and over and over. Bashing the company.

What?
What company doesn't get bashed around here and since when is JJP bashed more so than others? Ur in a thread about what many feel is lacklustre service from JJP, think that may have something to do with it? I mean I'm here strictly to enjoy the insults and revel in the fact that the "innovators" and "Best pin manufacturer in the World" is being dismantled, after years of listening to that crap its a joy to behold. "Build Quality"

#987 2 years ago

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Do you own a JJP pinball. Just a simple question. Yes or No?

Track #3 on the JJP Fanboy's greatest hits. Followed by "Maybe you can't afford it" and "Build Quality"

#1015 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I personally would love to see a 3rd getaway

Yep.

Quoted from screaminr:

GNR has very little issues , and this is one of the best games ever made .

Nope

#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

It’s a great game, but people don’t want it because it doesn’t have celebrities or blockbusters on it.

Wrong.

Its because of the kiddie style approach they took, the "bob the builder" and his strange looking female denim overall counterpart. The tween girl style cell phone and more. rules and shots are all good but............. If they had made it a little more intense like that video game "watchdogs" it would have fared much better. This is JJP's main problem. Theme choice. Ok some pooling and chipping I get it but if they released their own Terminator game or Predator, Road Warrior, Robocop even a great OG theme those issues would not prevent me from buying a JJP NIB pin, but whats on the horizon? Toy Story. What a joke.

#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

You just proved my point exactly. You like the rules and shots, you don’t like it only because of the theme.

Far from exactly. I don't need celebrities or blockbusters. Forget Robocop, make an orginial theme about a crime fighting robot without going kiddie and I'm in. Doesn't have to be Terminator, again a ruthless cyborg that needs to be stopped from killing people, ok sounds good to me, hell I'd like to play as the ruthless cyborg. But if u put him in denim overalls, make the music sound like its fitting for a Pre K Bday party etc. its not gonna do very well sir. I actually would prefer OG themes which would lift any kind of license crap and give the designers full reign.

#1073 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

People let the theme keep them away from good games.

I can't agree with that either. The theme is a huge factor in the overall enjoyment of a pin, for me anyway. And yes I don't stand for "Snarky" remarks. I'll tolerate "Snooty" and can even enjoy straight out "Snippy" but not Snarky, never.

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Wasn't a very encouraging response there either,

Jesus, WTF kind of response was that. Unless people were told not mention it during questioning but otherwise JJ is a douchebag.

Quoted from romulusx:

All this other shit is just Stern guys taking a dump!

What a lame response, but thats to be expected from the top tier JJP fanboys. Always back to "stern guys" seems its more owners of GnR with the problem than anyone else. Hey Romulick, "build quality" right?

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm hardly a "Stern guy"

Yes u are. U said something negative regarding JJP. That immediately means ur a member of the "Stern Army", that its a case u "Can't afford one" probably "Don't even own a JJP" and of course a "troll" I mean that's true for me but...............

#1147 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The Playfield looks ok , and the lighting is alright but the assets and animations and callouts are average at best .

In other words a Spooky pin.

#1151 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

R&M has some of the best call outs and animations of any pin, period!

I don't even watch the show and yeah its impressive. The game play on the other hand, not so much. It was a general comment. If u love Spooky then all the power to ya. At least they do decent themes sometimes.

#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Says the guy who owns Avengers which has some of the worst callouts in pinball...

The hits just keep coming.

We will never stop stop our circle jerk jerk, not if we can can.
Hey Romulick, "Build Quality"
Right?

#1191 2 years ago

The fanboys are going into peoples collections and ratings now. I love it.

#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Confusing eh? You'll need to refer to a single individual as "they". This throws me from a logical standpoint but maybe I'm too old to get it.

Confusing? no. Ridiculous? Yes Ur not too old its just really stupid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,000.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.