tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 2 years ago

I was a pretty huge JJP fanboy and bought their first three games. Anytime I needed customer support I received it but it was certainly a janky process at times. You never knew if using the website, an e-mail, or a phone call would get you the help you needed. Usually a phone call worked.

I think, as with most hobby communities, there's a super vocal minority that has had a bad experience and wants to make sure the whole world knows about it. This can make it seem like there are no happy customers but the happy ones just don't share their feelings that often.

That's not to say those with faulty products shouldn't be compensated but there's definitely an echo-chamber on PinSide.

I'm no longer a fanboy and sold everything except WOZ however I would still buy another one of their games if I liked the theme/layout regardless of PinSide's opinion of things.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Wow. To me the playfield thing is one thing... but if you're telling me they are not standing behind their boards and electronics... that's another!

Agreed. A metal ball smashing around and causing some chips on a poorly done clear coat is one thing... and it's valid to complain about. But the power driver board failing and not being replaced while under warrant... WTF???

If their profit margins are so poor they have to reduce customer support to the absolute minimum it's definitely a bad sign.

If they are making plenty of money and still don't want to improve the customer experience... also a bad sign.

#225 2 years ago

Just an observation but it seems like most of the positive JJP experiences people share, myself included, are from a few years ago and most of the negative experiences are from after the move to Chicago. It's obvious some things changed.

But I'm not a current customer so I'm not personally affected by flawed products or poor service. However they sent me a spam email announcing these full playfield protectors for WOZ they found in the factory and how they used to cost like $150 but I should totally get one now for $19.99.

I start thinking to myself... why the fuck am I gonna spend hours stripping my game down to put one of these lame protectors in there and why is JJP wasting my time hyping this garbage?

Then they are like "Hey we got this new web store!" And it's basically a factory flea market with a bunch of garbage and crap they should just dumpster. Oh boy you found manuals from four years ago! The Hype Train Is Leaving The Station CHOO-CHOO MOTHER FUCKERS!!! ... /sarcasm

So... Having not had any actual negative JJP experiences in recent memory I am still getting a bad taste from JJP with their odd, borderline tone-deaf, promotional choices.

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Thats a nice shut up you f-ing babies letter.
They do have a point though... its a cheap ass piece of plywood with a metal ball flying around on it.
Thats no excuse for some of the chipping issues etc but the dimpling and super nit picky I look at every thing with a flashlight and microscope shit is too much.

There are definitely some people that think a pinball machine is not to be touched. It's a static museum piece that should remain perfectly shiny and free from any imperfections.

The rest of us play the games and they get a bit dirty... scratched... banged up... weathered...

But to each their own! If you want a perfectly flawless pinball and JJP isn't delivering the goods then by all means let them know.

Personally I think JJP should just rebrand themselves as Kintsgui Pinball : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kintsugi

#506 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Exactly. JJP started out positioning themselves as a premium brand to emerging home buyers.
At this point they should stop the letters and just fix the issue.

The brand has always been at odds with the business plan though. They have already needed to be bailed out and the pencil pushers have forced them to cut more corners, move to Chicago, etc.

When you are Amazon or Apple you can treat the customers like Saudi Royalty because your scale is so massive. JJP simply can't afford to treat the customers at the level that matches their marketing and branding. All of the solutions people suggest, from remediation of flaws to sourcing better parts and building better products, costs money - potentially lots of money.

So the obvious response from JJP will be to continue raising the cost of games to help cover the increasing costs of doing business with an increasingly demanding customer base.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=flippyd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.