tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So in order to get proper service from JJP, one should post a thread here to get your attention?
Seems an awfully roundabout way to take care of your customers, but whatever works...

Geez, let him try to make it right.

What’s the warranty on boards anyways? 90 days NIB right?

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

lol. The only thing Jack did was show Stern that people are willing to pay higher prices for pinball machines. I was buying NIB machines before JJP even existed. Stern is a juggernaut and has a monopoly on the hobby. Stern has never considered JJP a serious threat or rival to their business and I highly doubt Gary has ever said we need to make changes to keep up with JJP. The only change they seen was the need to start charging more for less. In Stern's eyes JJP is a boutique company and cannot even come close to their production numbers or market share.

Oh please. I’m done with Stern, their machines are crap compared to JJP, AP and Spooky.

Every Spike Stern I’ve bought, about 5 of them have had issues and needed major dialing in.

Without JJP, we would still have DMD’s. They changed the game

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

My Wonka had tons of issues out of box until I fixed it up which took forever...
This was started by a guy who buys JJP product not a "Stern fan"
JJP has some issues they need to address like any other company.
You sound like a cult member where they can do no wrong but there is no lack of threads to the contrary.... half this site is JJP playfield bitching.

What issues with Wonka?

I got it NIB and only issue was upping the GB mech to 22 on settings. Easy fix.

I’ve heard of no other issues with Wonka.

Damn, the Stern fanboys are coming out of the woodwork. Hope your having fun with your LZ’s.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Dialing in games is part of owning them. Also, I guess I’m in the minority here, but dmds are just fine. LCDs look cool, but they don’t really add that much. Pinball is about what the actual pinball actually touches.

No doubt, I love DMD’s too, but LCD’s have added to the exploding popularity of pins, the casuals who come over are more drawn to them at my house.

My fave pin of all time is a DMD, but LCD’s, if done right add a ton to the immersion.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Dude...between Wonka and GNR we were all shown this magic new Mirco playfield technology that was supposed to fix all the playfield issues. Buyers had no reason not to think issues were going to be solved. Distributors have all the leverage against manufacturers. How many times have you heard the story that it took going to a distributor to get somebodies issue taken care of? It happens constantly. If distros are getting burned because of JJP's bad quality, they are the ones who can force JJP's hand.

Must have worked. I have a late run Wonka SE and the playfield is perfect

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The entire industry is!!!
Basically, we've taken pinball - a 100 year old industry - and completely changed the parameters overnight. Until 10 years ago, it was still basically an operator/commercial business, and the consumers never really cared about this minutia that drives home buyers absolutely insane. As long as it coined up and worked they were happy, and if it didn't, they were used to making small adjustments here and there. I'd guess "warranty claims" - if they even existed - were few and far between, and quickly and easily taken care of by distributors. Nobody was demanding new playfields or cabinet decals in 1995.
Now of course, it's suddenly a home item for a niche but still rapidly growing crowd, and nobody knows how to deal with it. Home buyers are far more demanding and exacting than commercial buyers (and their dads, and their grandads) ever were. At the same time the industry has completely shifted its focus on who they are marketing to - when was the last time you saw a pinball promo touting it's "earning power" or the many "industry firsts that keep players paying?" It's been years.
I don't know how it's gonna shake out but it's been a rocky road and I don't see it getting smoother. Home consumers want an "appliance" akin to a toaster or VCR, and pinball just ain't never gonna be that - it's ALWAYS gonna be far less reliable and consistent and complicated than the other consumer goods people are used to buying while being far more expensive. Can't blame the industry for going where the money is but we are in uncharted waters here!

Bullseye!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=dsmoke1986 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.