tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsolzs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 2 years ago

It is pretty bad - I had to send daily emails to get traction. No more NIB purchases for me from JJP

Quoted from Doctor6:

Barry, your (collective) service sucks.

#115 2 years ago

I thought that was SUPPOSED to be the process? Speak to your distributor first? Mine had me submit a ticket and I was able to take it from there…. Eventually

Quoted from Deez:

This is comical. I called my JJP distributor who talked to you who then presented me with the same solution you originally offered when we talked. Are you suggesting your distributors don't represent you? I've always worked thru my distributor for issues. If that's not the right method then I wasn't aware.

#242 2 years ago

Who cares what we are all saying - is that your point? Customer service is not very good at this company but hey whatever they will sell out of CEs. Thanks for ANOTHER great post. Just keep saying the same thing in every thread.

Quoted from iceman44:

Once again, people will get a chance to vote with their wallets when Toy Story is announced.
Let’s see how fast those CEs sell out this time?

#244 2 years ago

Hes not wrong that it will sell out I agree. I just don't see the value in the post being made in a thread about customer service issues. Unless the point is "say what you want guys it wont matter". Sucks

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He’s not wrong - see the previous example of everyone standing in line at the grocery store with not enough check-out people

#249 2 years ago

I agree here - not what I am saying. I was referencing Iceman post about "Let’s see how fast those CEs sell out this time?". That to me is encouraging more bad behavior.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Making consumers aware of how their behavior enables bad outcomes is the first step in changing the behavior.

#251 2 years ago

You are right on both accounts - I just dont like it.

Quoted from iceman44:

Will do. Gets drowned out with the same things said in every thread, over and over
But like I said. We will see if it’s fact or fiction. The wallet doesn’t lie

#256 2 years ago

Right - was just hoping we could make an impact on the customer service side. It needs to be improved for everyone spending the $$$$

Quoted from iceman44:

You just can’t affect how people want to spend there $$$. Others like me have totally different experiences with JJP
Sorry if you don’t like it

1 week later
#954 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:cmon man.... you think Pinball Star decided to just do that on their own? List specific pricing, the requirement for a serial number, and tell you to contact Barry? You don't think this came straight from JJP?
I could have misheard, so please don't quote me, but fairly certain Zach Meny stated JJP sent that communication to their distributor network. Its as official as you are going to get from them.

jjp1 (resized).JPGjjp1 (resized).JPG
#1029 2 years ago

This is great to hear. I wish I had the same experience however I did not have Barry or Ken on my case. Did you call or contact them directly?

Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Both Barry and Ken have been awesome to work with for me. I am fortunate not to have any playfield issues (although I did install PETG washers). That said, I have had a control board, a spotlight bracket and one of my hotrails all go out. They had the replacements sent to me the next day. Ken has also fielded a few calls from me on how to make certain adjustments.
Whether you have playfield issues or not, you cannot knock how good these guys are!

#1040 2 years ago

I’m not sure what this thread is even about anymore - enjoy folks

4 months later
#1340 2 years ago

WOW. I mean the only helpful person I have dealt with on my JJP has been LTG.

Gone? That’s ridiculous

Quoted from jimwe5t:

Fully agree, Zitt is a very experienced pinball enthusiast and speaks the truth.
Sterns customer service and quality nowadays is second to none. JJPs customer service other than Loyd, almost doesn’t exist. And now JJP is trying to do away with the best customer service person they ever had…Loyd! A guy that’s always been there to help us and not paid a dime by the cheapskates at JJP!!

#1343 2 years ago

Sounds like something went south… sorry to hear. Nothing worse than a company not realizing/appreciating the great help you give people on their behalf.

Should be seen as another strike against JJP.

Quoted from LTG:

Not on JJP problems. Anywhere.
All other problems like always, where I can.
LTG : )

#1355 2 years ago

…especially with the new price tags on these machines

Quoted from wcbrandes:

This is a crap response re coil stops. You are right they are very cheap and replaceable but your fing game, that is new, is down for weeks. A company that knows they are crap and a cheap fix, that won't make that change is somehow better than a company that are at the mercy of another company doing a shitty job on their playfields? JJP HAS to do something and probably would love if Mirco could resolve the issues but Stern has full control of their coil stops and wont change them? How do you quantify one company worse than the other ..... because of how expensive the product is or because of their choices made? Its pathetic Stern wont fix this on going issue if its sooooo cheap to do so

#1389 2 years ago

Lol this sounds about right. They are responsive depending on the problem and whether or not they want to deal with it. My experience. Pick up phone and call.

Quoted from Jenk540i:

Any advice about how to successfully get tech support from JJP now? About a year ago I had a flipper button issue with my POTC. I sent an email to tech support on a Friday night and had 2 replies by mid day Saturday with prompt follow up emails. Great support.
But now my friend needs to obtain replacement servos for the spotlights on his GNRLE and he has sent 3 emails in the last 2 weeks with no replies. It’s like they’re closed for inquiries? Any suggestions?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,400 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsolzs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=djsolzs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.