tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

Counterpoint: toys!!!! And world under glass!!! And MECHS!!

Also coils

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

In all seriousness, the situation is terrible for all involved and I really hope you guys can find some semblance of an acceptable resolution. Few things are more deflating than the fiasco some of you have gone through with this, and I am sorry that the euphoria of cracking open a NIB game was almost immediately throttled for some of you.

At the end of the day, paying $450 for a new board may be "an acceptable resolution."

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Are you serious or sarcastic about GnR because I don’t care for it personally.

I agree the possible use of sarcasm was just too subtle!

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Legendary JJP quality!!

Their bricked games are WAY heavier than a bricked Stern game. The "build quality" and pure heft makes it a much better paperweight. More innovative too.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

My Hobbit is rock solid, reliable and beautiful.

I'm sure that fills the OP with joy.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It's comical that this post isn't about the playfield issues

Come on dude, even Stones fans are tired of hearing them play "Satisfaction" at every show.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Same. I cant think of a stern issue that I had that wasn't resolved. And I'm not a company boot lick, just pointing out facts.

I've also had nothing but awesome service addressing a few small issues/needed parts on my one and only NIB pin. And I'm a total company boot lick, and pointing out facts.

#201 2 years ago

If you work for a pinball company you’d have to be absolutely nuts to post here, much less maintain a constant presence.

Sooner or later it’s going to backfire on spooky I’m sure. Those guys should quit while they are far ahead.

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Keep in mind fattdirk is an operator and some companies do not warranty anything for games on route. If that was a factor in turning down @fatdirk ‘s request (fatdirk is auto corrected as fat dork), JJP should have stated it so that probably wasn’t applicable. The bad clear he didn’t call in should have been addressed with solution in warranty. JJP’s current warranty is a joke, literally. It needs to be greatly expanded in favor of the customer.
Entire game should have a one year bumper-to-bumper warranty and two years on electronics. Further, playfield defects need to be defined and categorized and options for remediation clearly spelled out. That would be a shining example of standing behind your product, and it is the right thing to do, JJP. So now, I will give you a cargument
I leased a new Hyundai and after 30 months I purchased it. It is a Sante Fe and has the turbo- engine, leather seats, 360 degree sight thru windows and it comes with a 10 year bumper-to-bumper or 100k miles warranty. It was perfect for me as I used to drive 10k miles a year. The warranty spells out transmission and electronic issues in great detail and states very few specific exclusions. The warranty was my deciding factor in leasing the vehicle.
When I purchased the car after 30 months, the warranty transferred without hassle. It was spelled out in the lease, whereby the transfer of warranty is encouraged. At month 48 from start of lease, my engine blew and it was really bad. I took it to Hyundai service where they approved my vehicle for a new engine and included all labor and supplemental parts. They also rented me another Hyundai to use until fixed. I didn’t ask them to do anything before it was all set up with no hassle to me. Given that a JJP CE almost costs as much as Hyundai’s low end car note EVEN IT comes with a ten year bumper-to-bumper/100k, transferable warranty.
I think JJP needs to rethink and expand their warranty to become an industry leader and to show they stand behind their products and that they really care about customers. If they defined use as # months and or # lifetime plays. They could encourage operators to participate in the warranty. Pinball is a coin-operated device that is supposed to be played on location.

Pinball machines aren't cars and pinball companies aren't car companies.

Guaranteeing that ridiculous cart blanche warranty you suggest for TWO YEARS would endanger these companies to the point of bankruptcy.

You have to be a little more realistic.

Also carguments are stupid. Pinball machines, their intended uses, and the industries that produce them couldn't possibly be more different. Perhaps start your own "Bumper to bumper for two years 100 percent warranty all parts and labor included" pinball company and let's see how it works out for ya!

Also pinball machines don't have bumpers.

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

also car manufacturers dont expect you to fix your own car

Correct, and you know that when you buy a car.

Again, comparing these two products/industries is pointless.

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Except for pop bumpers, jet bumpers, thumper bumpers…

Touche...

But in that case, a pinball "bumper to bumper" warranty wouldn't really be worth much, now would it!

#298 2 years ago
Quoted from loghome895:

HAVE THEY BEEN POSTED HERE??

YES THEY HAVE JUST LOOK AROUND THEY ARE ABOUT AS HARD TO FIND AS WILL THE BUBBLE BURST THREADS!!!!

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from loghome895:

THEY ARE NOT POSTED IN THIS CATEGORY !

THEN THEY MUST NOT EXIST!!!! HAVE YOU TRIED THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!

#307 2 years ago

GROW UP PEOPLE YOU REALLY DONT KNOW HOW TO FORUM

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I wonder how morale is holding up at the JJP factory?
Imagine fitting the PF thinking, this is dogshit!
Perhaps they just act like zombies, cocooning themselves to the outdoor shitstorm, like it ain’t happening. Who TF knows what’s going on over there .... lol.

Yeah I'm sure the minimum wage line workers are having trouble sleeping at night after eyeballing every inch of the playfields with magnifying glasses and installing them despite whatever flaws they discover.

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I was suggesting the JJP team as a whole matey

As long as they are still getting paid they probably arent that worried.

It's when the checks start to bounce that the cold sweats start to break out.

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

I'm wondering if Stern is going to read this thread and say why should we continue to honor stuff outside of warranties when JJP doesn't and people still line up to buy their CE's and sell out in hours. Look how many awards GnR took home. People have short memories and guaranteed Toy Story CE sells out within hours.

I do think it's a little careless for people to brag about the specifics of out of warranty care they've gotten from Stern, even if it's high quality. Just say "Stern has taken care of me" so they aren't inundated with people asking for new boards for their Sharky's Shootouts.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

My observation is Distributors are caught between operators who don't give a crap and consumers who do.

The entire industry is!!!

Basically, we've taken pinball - a 100 year old industry - and completely changed the parameters overnight. Until 10 years ago, it was still basically an operator/commercial business, and the consumers never really cared about this minutia that drives home buyers absolutely insane. As long as it coined up and worked they were happy, and if it didn't, they were used to making small adjustments here and there. I'd guess "warranty claims" - if they even existed - were few and far between, and quickly and easily taken care of by distributors. Nobody was demanding new playfields or cabinet decals in 1995.

Now of course, it's suddenly a home item for a niche but still rapidly growing crowd, and nobody knows how to deal with it. Home buyers are far more demanding and exacting than commercial buyers (and their dads, and their grandads) ever were. At the same time the industry has completely shifted its focus on who they are marketing to - when was the last time you saw a pinball promo touting it's "earning power" or the many "industry firsts that keep players paying?" It's been years.

I don't know how it's gonna shake out but it's been a rocky road and I don't see it getting smoother. Home consumers want an "appliance" akin to a toaster or VCR, and pinball just ain't never gonna be that - it's ALWAYS gonna be far less reliable and consistent and complicated than the other consumer goods people are used to buying while being far more expensive. Can't blame the industry for going where the money is but we are in uncharted waters here!

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

They Do?
Never heard that before.

Yeah it happened on like two Led Zeppelins and populated replacement playfields were provided.

Unfortunately, everything is so steeped in hyperbole these days it can be hard to wade through it.

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Now you tell me. Wow.
[quoted image]

lmao!

The rumors were true !!

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

It is drfrightner. Good call boob! It’s more obvious when his profile pic is the logo for his business. And collections match
I thought you weren’t allowed to have 2 accounts.
https://www.stlouispinball.com/pinball-games.html

Sometimes it seems like nobody is allowed to have multiple accounts.

Except for everybody who wants to have multiple accounts.

#744 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Forgot ordering $600 if mods before the game is even in your possession.

I kind of get it when its your first game...when I got my first (and only, I swear!) game I was super excited...got the flyer, bought a rubber kit I didn't need, etc...

But by the time its your 10th $8,000 game you know you won't be keeping for more than a month, why are you still pouring hundreds of dollars of plastic dolls and alligator clips into these games?

#968 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s too bad about their fuck ups my only issue was the cell phone kept fucking up.But Frank and Steve kept working to get me a good one!
Dialed In (Chaos in Quantum City) is what they should have called it.

Back to the future or Superman or any other number of other licenses that people would have actually liked to buy is what they should have called it.

Def a great game the best JJP game to play and it isn’t even close.

#978 2 years ago

Pinball kinda like cars?!

Well, I never!!

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Wouldn't hold my breath for a 3rd Getaway after the lukewarm reception of DI and BK3. I think both JJP and Steve learned their lesson about straying from the current pinball maxim: licensed theme.
(Yeah I know BK is technically a license but you know what I mean.)

I don't know if Steve learned his lesson but surely the industry did, along with the tepid reception for JJP's best game, Dialed In.. As much as a small group of fans would love to see HS3 it's never going to happen.

#1033 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

between getting hamstrung on budgets for games he probably did want to make, to being forced to make games he didn't want to make,

I don't know about budgets - does a pinside angel get its wings whenever someone types "BOM?" - but suggesting he was having licenses he didn't want "forced upon him" shows a fundamental lack of understanding of Steve Ritchie.

Star Wars, Black KNight, and Zep? I can assure you these were games he wanted to make, badly. Stuff like WPT and CSI is ancient history.

#1035 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I was surprised when the article mentioned Elvis as one he wasn't really interested in because I thought I had read / listened to past interviews where he was really excited about doing that one.

I had heard he was excited about the royalty payments as that game apparently sold very well. Not sure if he was seriously fired up about the theme though.

#1116 2 years ago

Is Toy Story a real thing?

I swear I’ve been hearing about that game for 5 years!

5 months later
#1397 2 years ago

Deep Root tried to sell an “extended warranty” for $1500. Like everything else deep root it was hilariously half-baked and made zero sense.

How exactly would that work? They create a tech school and have white glove pinball techs ready to go in every major city?

Or you just send them back their pinball machines whenever something breaks?

The extended warranty and the PinPod were my two favorite ridiculous deep root upsells.

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Most owners would ditch the pin if it starts to chip all to hell. Regardless of how good the pin is.

Oh yeah people are selling GNRs left and right basically giving them away !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.