tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colehvac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1416 2 years ago

From my count pinside ads have about 30 gnr for sale ads between se,ce,le. Yet there are still people waiting for their ones they ordered a year ago, i guess non refundable deposits keep the buyers in line.

#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You embellished a bit, minced words, and changed some context, but I know what you mean.

I was smart enough to sell right away, next up pooling , chipping toy story. I still believe they will go under with the economic downturn thats coming. I also believe parts wont be available for Woz, hobbits and the such, those games will be unplayable pieces of art. Ask anyone that needs a power supply for An early WOZ, or light boards etc etc.

#1428 2 years ago

Obviously this post was started by someone that was upset by the way they were treated. Im also not happy with the way i was treated. Maybe someone should do a poll, will you ever buy a JJP product again, im sure the votes for will continue buying will outweigh those that wont buy again but the fact that anyone wont ever buy a JJP product again should be concerning.

#1438 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I would be upset about any chipping but pooling doesn’t bother me as much. I don’t have either on my WW Oct21 build. The washers don’t bother me either.

I have some games with pooling, its slight, but my GNRLE was chipping, and the washers weren’t enough. If it was just pooling i would have been fine with it, but missing art and clear down to wood, not so much. The more i played the worse it got, so I stopped playing it and sold it, JJP support is crappy at best, i had many mechanical issues, emails to tech support sometimes didnt get a response for 7 days.

#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If email isn't working, why not pick up the phone?
The last 3 times I called JJP support the phone was answered and very timely support was given. The parts were shipped more efficiently than my recent experiences with Stern (who often insists customers go through their distributor, which can add speed bumps).

There was numerous phone calls, and numerous emails that went on for 5 months. Bottom line was in my case they wouldnt make good on a warranty that was clearly a manufacturer’s defect. This thread was starting by someone that felt wronged, many have commented they were wronged also and will never by JJP again. That should be concerning to JJP and to anyone else that wants them to survive.

Bingo.

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm done.
The truth is there for those with eyes that can see.
Thx HF.

I have a friend that received and oct 2021 build and his doesn’t have the same poor quality mine had, when i look at his the difference is obvious. This means JJP corrected some problems, but left earlier buyers holding the Bag. I was made whole by selling my game while the buying frenzy was still happening, going in i didnt think there was any risk because JJP had a reputation for-making good on warranty for defects,I found thats no longer true,in fact i have done many In home field repairs on their new games to support them and the customer experience. in fact they changed their warranty to exclude playfield defects. Theres not a chance I will ever buy a JJP game new or used, they are no longer a company with any sort of integrity, its now money over all else. I do however still do in home service on their games.

#1453 2 years ago

If you’re a seasoned pinball machine collector with the skills to work on your own games JJP is a small risk for you, but if this is a first time nib purchase i would never recommend a noob buy a JJP anything as their first.

#1465 2 years ago

Best case is you could sue them in small claims court, you would have to sue them in the jurisdiction that their offices are in. So some county in Illinois. Usually theres a limit on the amount you can sue for 5000 6000 somewhere in that neighborhood. I PMd with 10 other pinsiders that had GNRLE’s with playfield issues, one actually got the buyback we were all offered, its no coincidence that he was in Illinois 1-1/2 hours from JJP headquarters. If they were still in Jersey when it happened i would have filed a small claims case, but no way to sue someone in small claims court in Illinois when you live in NY.

#1466 2 years ago

Just looked it up 10,000 plus cost in Illinois

8514C3EE-7346-4BCA-9570-CD2B2B33FC5B (resized).png8514C3EE-7346-4BCA-9570-CD2B2B33FC5B (resized).png
#1470 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Careful. What you wrote is not a correct statement of jurisdictional law. I would hate for someone to read that and think they could only sue in Illinois.

Im not a lawyer, i only know in NY a consumer can sue a business in small claims court. Other than small claims any lawsuit would probably require a lawyer.

#1484 2 years ago

https://ag.state.il.us/consumers/smlclaims.html

I read this info, it appears to be similar to new york, go to the clerk, get some paperwork, fill it out, bring it back, pay a filing fee, last time i did this in NY it was 25.00. Then you get a court date. From my experience you should always have an expert witness, then its up to the judge. It would be a bad idea for JJP to just send a lawyer. This is too much trouble unless you got a bug up your ass and want to make a point, i chose to just sell mine and be done.

2 weeks later
#1515 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Now you’ve done it. Why don’t you poke the trolls with a stick while you’re at it

A bunch of us had legitimate defective playfields. Because i was vocal about the shit treatment I received from JJP and shared my defects to warn others doesn’t make me a troll. JJP has probably warned Barry E not to share the truth with us because it would probably destroy what little integrity JJP has Left with the collector community. A small blemish doesn’t bother me at all i have a collection of 40 games, some were nib, some were huo, some were on location, all have blemishes. Its not good business to sell a product with a known defect and then tell the customer that the defect is perfectly acceptable and they are being too picky. JJP could make this all go away, produce the next game, get them to the customers and then we’ll see if its business as usual or products improved, i for one wont be spending my money with them to find out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colehvac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=colehvac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.