tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

oh, please. if Jack didn't enter the market, your only NIB option in 2021 would be CSI: Vault Edition, with incandescent lights and a Dot Matrix Display. And maybe they'd be putting the finishing touches on Wheel of Fortune code.
Love or hate JJP, credit where credit is due.

Yeah I don’t think that would be the case at all. Maybe it pushed stern to get to LCD screens sooner, but that’s about it.

I got into pinball ownership along with lots of others shortly after WOZ came out, but I think it’s more to do with the resurgence of location pinball, and the generation that was raised by the golden age of pinball generation, getting pinball buying money.

You still never see JJPs on location ten plus years later. The increased demand put more money into sterns pockets, increasing budgets and the end product we see now is the result of that.

We got all those stripped down games because there was simply no money to get anything better. Stern would’ve folded long ago.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Damn, what a piece of shit they sent you...did anything in the game last more than a few weeks?

The multiballs. Heyo!!!!!

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Cmon now I’m getting personal!?

Yes. You’ve flown off the handle this whole thread. It’s only pinball.

Quoted from AMSNL:

And I don’t want to attack Barry personal

Then don’t.

If you’re that unhappy with your experience, sell the game and move on.

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from loghome895:

SEND PICTURES OF THE DAMAGED PLAYFIELDS ! LET EVERYONE TAKE A LOOK AND JUDGE FOR THEMSELVES!

We’ve seen them for months.

#310 2 years ago
Quoted from loghome895:

HAVE THEY BEEN POSTED HERE??

Please stop shouting.

#556 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Wow , that's amazing , what are the odds , the only bowed playfields went to people who stream , Carl D'Angelo , Jeff Teolis , Neil McRae
Edit - Neil's game was Avengers infinity Quest not Led Zeppelin .

My friend doesn’t stream and he has had bowed playfields replaced. I know of one, and maybe a second that he has had over the years.

#557 2 years ago

Eh. Although I eventually got the help/parts I needed, she was very unresponsive via email. Took many follow ups and copying lots of people on each email to finally get resolution.

#568 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Would love to find some of the games I missed pre-Kiss. Thanks.

Walking dead
Iron Man
Mustang
Star Trek
Metallica
Xmen
AC/DC
Tron
Transformers
LOTR
Batman Dark Knight
Wheel of fortune
Spider-Man
Family Guy
Pirates of the Caribbean
NASCAR
Sopranos
World Poker Tour
Terminator 3
Simpsons pinball party
Elvis
Ripleys

All of these are great games.

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Why doesn't Spooky have these issues with THEIR playfields? Is it a proprietary thing or ?

They use a different playfield vendor. Bader.

#584 2 years ago

Interesting. Didn’t know that. Now tell that vendor to tool up to increase capacity to do all the playfields for every manufacturer. Haha

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

I actually just saw this thread for the first time (I think). Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. I have only ever received excellent customer service from JJP. Even though most of my JJP games have been purchased used, they’ve always gone above and beyond to support me when the need arose. The one NIB that I do have from them had playfield chipping issues. I was late to the game in requesting a warranty playfield. They had no more in stock at the time, but after they received a shipment, they sent me a playfield as soon as they had one. Their local distributor has also provided excellent customer service.
Apologies for not having read any of the thread, but just wanted to make a comment responding to the original topic. I think it’s too bad that this topic even exists, but simply just has not been my experience.

Question is, why did you get a playfield and many others did not? Was it a GNR?

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

I am very sorry to hear that. No, it is Wonka. And I know I was patient. I hope those people are made while in time.

Yeah seems once they had a lot more issues with GNR, they decided to stop the replacement playfields. Sucks big time. Hell in some cases they didn’t even offer washer kits.

Hopefully they pull a 180 on all this stuff soon and improve their materials at the same time.

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

all because Stern wanted to save $2 in brackets in their BoM.

The cabinet issues had nothing to do with brackets. Those brackets don’t hold the cabinet together. Proper construction of the joints and glue does. Look at all the thousands of games that came before GB that didn’t have this issue, and didn’t use the WPC brackets.

They simply got a bad batch of cabinets from their vendor.

#761 2 years ago

Don’t care care of your game and they all will look like that. That ball might as well be sandpaper.

#763 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And the spinner can be lowered to prevent hang ups.
LTG : )

Oh geez. Didn’t even see all that wear at first on the spinner. Whoa baby.

#773 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Stern or Bally Williams game.

You set and forget anything and it will be a mess eventually.

#785 2 years ago

You down with JPP? Yeah you know me!!

#815 2 years ago

I thought it had to do with making those certifications they have to get easier? I’m sure that’s cheaper, but also would eliminate some possible delays in the production process and allow games to get out faster.

#819 2 years ago

Just like the lock down bar clamps. WAY better design.

#822 2 years ago

Alexa, let’s play pinball.

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Also a huge pain in the ass whenever shopping for cars that dont make me feel like I need a chiropractor every time I get out.

Embrace the minivan my friend. Embrace the minivan. Haha

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Come on Chuck , making the certifications easier ?
You still have to go through the whole process no matter where the switch is .
Have you ever heard a company saying our game is delayed because of the position of our on/off switch .
And every other company has that on/off switch , in the traditional position .
I'm tall so it doesn't worry me but if you were a shorter person , I can see it being a big pain in the ass .

See the post above about Gomez sighting exactly what I said. If you think he’s lying, fair, but I believe the change was made to relieve a rather large annoyance in the game making process.

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm not saying that he was lying but I do think the decision was a cost cutting exercise , just like the plastic aprons they use now .
I can't see anyone preferring the plastic aprons , except for some people that say it makes the game lighter

That’s where I’m right with ya. Metal aprons are so nice. Glad my STH LE and GOT Prem have them.

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah the plastic aprons suck. Fortunately they are only in Pros and I never buy Pros.

My AC/DC vault premium was plastic.

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

True, one other side effect is they are bouncy and often the ball bounces off them and back up between the flippers into play! I still prefer the metal though even though they cut into the playfield and I have to install yet another set of protectors LOL.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1192-apron-envy/04424-apron-edgers-stern-metal-aprons-with-riveted-eye-bolts

Still get the Lazarus bounce with the metal ones plenty.

#1082 2 years ago

Listened to the podcast too. Holy moly.

#1091 2 years ago

Same. That and their games are just too expensive. GNR standard started in my range, but the 1k increase was so stupid.

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

and then offer them to their victims as an "upgrade" for what... 200usd?

Haha. $800

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.