tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The only good reason to replace a transformer with a switcher is if there are problems with the transformer, which is rare. Yes a switcher is more efficient, but do you really care if you save a few cents a year? I would consider it a downgrade actually to replace the transformer with a switcher. Only do it if absolutely necessary.

I'm not sure how we got on this topic but I agree completely, it may be slightly less effecient but how often does a transformer in a pinball machine actually fail?? K.I.S.S.

#995 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Someone else already mentioned and I'll repeat: transforming AC voltages isn't the issue, it's all the linear DC power supplies converting that transformed AC that tend to fail. A switcher handles those beautifully by comparison. Show me any WPC driver board that has all original components... IF you find one it'll be in a NIB or never-played machine.

Fair enough, but those WPC games are all very old at this point. All the modern switching power supplies are going to have caps, many of them shitty ones and active components that going to fail and probably at the same or worse age-points as the linear stuff. I have receivers and amplifiers that are older than most of my WPC machines and the linear supplies in them have held up beautifully, they weren't on for 15+ hours a day for years and years like a routed pinball machine but in home use I'm not worried about it. However I've had to repair switching supplies in two appliances and three flat-panel TVs in my house in the last year and they are all 10 years old or less. The original point is probably not about actually replacing a transformer in an existing design as I interpreted it when I read the post I responded to though.

Now, back to the shitty warranty and not replacing things outside of it!

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I just want car themes. Could be a licensed car brand, car movie, racing, or whatever. Pinball is like cars so makes perfect sense!

Hot Wheels!

#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't know about budgets - does a pinside angel get its wings whenever someone types "BOM?" - but suggesting he was having licenses he didn't want "forced upon him" shows a fundamental lack of understanding of Steve Ritchie.
Star Wars, Black KNight, and Zep? I can assure you these were games he wanted to make, badly. Stuff like WPT and CSI is ancient history.

I was surprised when the article mentioned Elvis as one he wasn't really interested in because I thought I had read / listened to past interviews where he was really excited about doing that one.

#1114 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wow keep going maybe you’ll get tired up bashing everything JJP!
The real probably is the shit playfields Mirco made for them and for some reason they continue to use this fucking vendor.That’s the real question here is why the hell they keep using them?All this other shit is just Stern guys taking a dump!

I'm hardly a "Stern guy" (I have two at the moment, neither NIB purchases), my NIB purchases have been Houdini and WOZ. I could afford a JJP game but unless they fix not only their playfield issues (if they choose Mirco, it's their fault) but their business practices and customer service there is no way in hell I'm ever buying another one of their games and it won't matter what the theme is or what fantastic features they put into it. You can call it JJP bashing or fanboy-ism or whatever the hell you want but if you are stuck with a f'd up playfield on a brand new ($10K+) game, heard what Jack just said in that podcast and STILL support them, you need to seek professional help in my opinion.

#1166 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah but I didn't pay over 9K to test a preproduction game.

Apparently you did, actually.

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I feel like there's a "guns don't kill people, people kill people" joke in here somewhere.

Close enough?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.