tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Isn't every early owner essentially testing games these days?
I hear it's the same with GnR ( p/f ) and LZ ( em mech ).

Yes, definitely, fortunately for GnR software, the pandemic delayed release so the team was able to spend a lot more time on it before actual release and therefore hink it was minimized, but nothing is perfect and some modes seem to be the only real incompletes.
p/f = play fiel;d? Its not pre-production, but it may be "poor-production"
Every game owner is going going to find flaws and holes in the software/game code. Some more egregious than others.

#1198 2 years ago

Did someone say fight?

3 weeks later
#1232 2 years ago

Hopefully someone will record it

1 week later
#1239 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

They probably moved all their equipment and production to Chicago and hired Steve Ritchie so they could file for bankruptcy?

Even a stupid Vulcan would deduce "illogical."

3 months later
#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

PinDerek, why are you even here then? Take your holier than thou condescending posts back to Facebook if this place is so horrible.
You won't be missed.

Fwiw, this has played out already at least once before and the result of the last time zaphX left pinside was that he was missed. Maybe not by you, but you didn't say that.

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just finally started leveraging the ignore feature, tried not to but I was tired of wasting my time arguing with people. Since then my time on Pinside has been much better. There's people out there that hate JJP for whatever reason and their opinions will never change. That's ok, I've accepted that, and I don't need to get worked up arguing with them any longer.

Ignore is a very useful feature, agreed.

#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For the new yeari thought I'd remind everyone, including mods, that Odin was banned from not only multiple threads but entire topics for much less than this.

....................................................^^^^

What is "this" and whom should be banned for the alleged "this" ? I don't want to go back and read, don't know the score or who's turn it is on this thread aanymore..

#1310 2 years ago

Have they released their next game? So, we don't know the answer to that yet.

#1321 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I hope people reading this understand that zit is an experienced pinball guy and most people complaining have serious issues with their 10k machines that jjp are not addressing after multiple games with the same shitty Mirco playfields.

From his profile it looks like he only has dialed in from Jersey Jack so I think the point earlier from 27dnast might have some validity.

#1323 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

What? Owning one game from jjp is not enough to voice an opinion?

You don't have to own any, it's a free country. Your opinions probably hold less weight, however. There's no substitute for experience.

#1329 2 years ago

Ignore this post.

#1336 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you for the kind words my friend.
Actually today I'm gone.
I'll miss helping on JJP games. Was for 8 3/4 years.
LTG : (

You mean just for free, right?
I'm sure you're very marketable.
Tell us where to find you...

1 week later
#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

...my friend needs to obtain replacement servos for the spotlights on his GNRLE and he has sent 3 emails in the last 2 weeks with no replies. It’s like they’re closed for inquiries? Any suggestions?

Consider bypassing jjp (for no other reason than Superior part) for this one and go with Emax servos.
Start reading here ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/285#post-6466754

Also LTG posted a key topic summary on this issue from the key posts in the GnR troubleshooting thread here..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-/page/6#post-6630896

#1395 2 years ago

You just described a yesteryear nirvana. The real world is quite a different environment. There is enough demand and enough people with enough money to sell out every JJP title, every stern title, and < insert the company name here > title. It's not just pinball. Housing, automobiles, appliances, etc. It's pretty much a you buy it, it's yours environment. I'm surprised the pinball manufacturers haven't jumped on the extended warranty bandwagon.

#1401 2 years ago

My thought was more simple... No external techs, just extended warranty through the mftr... extended Access to replacement parts and tech support for a number of years over the standard warranty... extra money at time of sale.

If the home user, which is the majority of clients these days, is unable to work on their own machine they would be responsible for finding a tech (local distro?) And potentially the only cost to them would be the labor if problems were with parts that are covered under the extended warranty.

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

From my count pinside ads have about 30 gnr for sale ads between se,ce,le. Yet there are still people waiting for their ones they ordered a year ago, i guess non refundable deposits keep the buyers in line.

nope, guess again ... why do you care, exactly?

#1421 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He cares because he had a GNR with a borked playfield. He's pissed, and he has a right to be.
I'm the one that doesn't care.

Yup
I see. PTSD. I'm sorry that happened.
Past tense "had" means it's just a bad memory hopefully. It definitely appears the ones they are putting out since July-ish are the most stable and trouble free.... I know I'm stirring things up saying that but it's true.

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

What, insulting a guy that's pissed and telling everyone things are back to normal, even though this has been said over and over spanning the last three releases over several years? Nah, you're not stirring anything up.

You embellished a bit, minced words, and changed some context, but I know what you mean.

#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Has anyone heard of JPP is doing anything? I am sure they have had internal meetings on this subject

About what? This thread is a dinosaur... It's like talking about last Winters weather report this winter.

#1443 2 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Has anyone heard of JPP is doing anything? I am sure they have had internal meetings on this subject

Quoted from Vespula:

About what? This thread is a dinosaur... It's like talking about last Winters weather report this winter.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Less than a year on here and you've come to the rescue to tell us that all is well.
LOL is an understatement.

Read it again, maybe more slowly. I put the flow up there ^^ for you.
You will see I never said, stated, nor implied "all is well" or anything of the sort.

I am not sure how you derived from my post I said "all is well" - I didn't - those are your words.
If you continue to read posts without comprehension, then change the context, or add/subtract words and then reply to imaginary statements which never existed, then erroneous and irrelevant responses like yours will continue to be the result. If you care, you can go back and read what I am talking about as many times as it takes you to "get it."

#1445 2 years ago

There you go again. No relevance, out of context, nothing but a snip of what I said from a completely different conversation. Proves my previous point perfectly.

I am guessing you're either in politics or mainstream media, or maybe both.

#1447 2 years ago

I'm done.
The truth is there for those with eyes that can see.
Thx HF.

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I have a friend that received and oct 2021 build and his doesn’t have the same poor quality mine had, when i look at his the difference is obvious. This means JJP corrected some problems, but left earlier buyers holding the Bag. I was made whole by selling my game while the buying frenzy was still happening, going in i didnt think there was any risk because JJP had a reputation for-making good on warranty for defects,I found thats no longer true,in fact i have done many In home field repairs on their new games to support them and the customer experience. in fact they changed their warranty to exclude playfield defects. Theres not a chance I will ever buy a JJP game new or used, they are no longer a company with any sort of integrity, its now money over all else. I do however still do in home service on their games.

Man, I probably would have done the same thing in your shoes. Thats the truth. My experience with a November 2021 build does not mirror yours. I have no stake in JJP as a company, but I wanted the pin - for me it was a blessing it took 11 months to ship.

#1483 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It takes years of practice to achieve Zaphx-level JJP troll status. You need to hug nuts way tighter and lose some logic. You're showing promise though, grasshopper!

You three, ( you plus PinFever zaphX ) could start a band and call yourselves the Bee Zees, Brothers Zaphx
lol

#1492 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No dog in the fight but technically he's a shill, not a troll.

I think you may need to moderate yourself. Be nice!

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shill is much better than a troll; so it was being nice.
So don't be such a tool.

Its clear if you moderated youself you would have nothing to say.

#1498 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow, sick burn.

10 years on pinside - such a waste of a life.

is that better?

#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a good try but it just shows you haven't been on Pinside for 10 years. I mean; if you can even call that a life. tsk tsk.

If you are the result of spending 10 years here, I am heading for the door!

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:LOL, says the guy that's been here less than a year with over 1,000 posts

For context, I joined once I learned of this place, after I placed my deposit on my GNR order to discuss and participate and learn on the owners thread during my 11 month wait for the GOAT <intentional stick poked in the bears ass> --
I am a short timer here. Growing old with all the veteran AARP "fucktards" on this thread is a laughable notion at best.

2 weeks later
#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:Well V, you'll likely get sick of people's shit a lot quicker than we did, as Pinside is filled with a lot more fucktards than it was 10 years ago.

Just strolling back in to let you know I am seeing you are right. Not sure why you knew this and at the same time choose it? Seems generally masochistic. Is your time here enhancing or better than the rest of your life? Any wisdom to share on that before I go? No shade, generally interested and asking for your opinion.

#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Looks like you are experiencing the common Pinside Reverse Stages of
Grieving. New Pinsider: acceptance. Later...bargaining, then after reading more posts: denial. Finally, anger, I can't take it anymore! Don't worry about it, people are people. Pinside has more ocd than many other hobbies, and the misery level is definitely growing with more money coming into a niche hobby, higher expectations for new games, more competition to get them, and the addict's need for the next hit. Dial it back and you will be happier.

Yes, PRSG sounds like an accurate diagnosis. Appreciate you sharing your perspective.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Naw most of the whiny people don't stay too long so it's a just a bump in the road. Theres tons of great info & people on Pinside; just gotta wait out the trash.

Thumbs up. Thanks.

I've decided this site and trash population isn't worth what you guys have described. It's served my purpose while I waiting for my GNR, and has ceased to be useful. More playing for me, less trash.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,500 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=Vespula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.