tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

*Flame suit equipped*
I just want to warn anyone considering purchasing a JJP game about their awful level of warranty support for such an expensive product.
I am a hobby operator and I am just so disappointed by the level of warranty coverage provided by JJP it just doesn't make financial sense to continue purchasing their products since they don't stand behind them.
My distributor has been great and fought the good battle but JJP is just not a good company.
I purchased a GNR LE and received it in Dec of 2020 and placed it on location.
In Feb 2021 one of the light lenses cracked from the backboard and had to order a replacement - this was sent within a month by JJP and was no issue.
in May of 2021 the left spot light stepper motor went bad. JJP denied the warranty claim and my distributor actually purchased the motor for me unexpectedly because he's awesome. Keep in mind this machine is 6 months old at this point and JJP doesn't provide a motor for a customer that has purchased 4 machines from them.
Last week - July of 2021 the machine develops an apparent short in the switch matrix. I troubleshoot it back to a problem on the main I/O board. The machine will not work with this matrix short as it controls the ball trough and just will not start a game. At this point I have a machine that is 8 months old with the main board that went bad and JJP once again denies my warranty claim.
They want $450 for a new board or will repair the old board for $140/hr. Keep in mind this is a machine with less than 2k plays on it. I basically have a bricked 10k machine unless I pay up. A big chunk of the earnings for this machine is just out the window because the company sucks and doesn't take care of their customers.
It is absolutely ridiculous to have a machine that cost $10k with almost zero warranty support.
This is in addition to the awful clear coat they use on their machines that is just bubbling and chipping away little by little with each play.
I won't be buying anymore JJP games in the future. I'm done. If you're on the fence I would hop down and go with something else. Absolute junk.

*reads title* --> *reviews threads here documenting last 4-5 games with PF planking*

Whoa, you're kidding me!?!??!?!?!

I loathe JJP in every possible way. They came along as "competition" only to raise prices, and thereby, made Stern say "hey, this community is shelling out....push our prices up and say it's because of XYZ costs and they'll buy...don't worry! daddy needs a new Ferrari!!"

That in essence pushed the entire used market up, and it priced a lot of people out. Saving up for a $5500 game is a LOT different than saving up for a $10K game.

And it has been nearly absolutely non-stop since they showed up. They ooo and ahhh'd this community with WOZ, and more and more we see what they really are: a company that doesn't care about you, a company with empty promises, and a company that increases prices because they can and "hell with you".

They've been on borrowed time for a while now. I see no real value they have brought to this community, and I'd go without a single machine in my house before you paid me to own one from JJP.

2 weeks later
#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin: This type of response from JJP with GnR isn't the first time this has happened. It isn't even the 2nd time, and at the end of the day people will still convince themselves that "JJP has addressed the issue and changed their attitude about customer service" just because they want to buy the next JJP game.

I can't imagine being that stupid.

4 months later
#1378 2 years ago

LOL, ok this may be a "poke the bear" comment, but here it is:

JJP has put out shit products for 3-4 years going back easily 3 games, told this community that "YOU are the reason our playfields suck so badly...it's YOUR meddling with our product!!!!"

They have gone back and forth saying "We'll replace playfields, wait...no we won't, we'll send you a free PF, wait... no we won't, you'll pay for the PF as a customer of a $10K machine."

But once Lloyd, who wasn't even a "on the books, salary earned" rep for JJP is axed, NOW....NOW....THAT is the reason so many people are jumping ship on a multiple-year Titanic of a company?

And I have a great level of veneration for Lloyd; this is not a public rebuke or rebuttal of him or all the selfless services he has done for this community. This is me asking "Wait...so THAT is what did it for some of you?"

I'm just left going:

1 week later
#1394 2 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

To me JJP was kind of analogous to Jaguar. Why did people continue to buy their games with problems? Because they were so darn cool in so many ways (still are to a large degree). People were willing to look beyond those issues to play and own some of the best machines out there. Especially when JJP was new (i.e. WoZ), JJP games were ground breaking with their LCD's, electronics, and big screen experience. Jaguars weren't much different for a lot of years. Their designs were so unique that the market overlooked the fact that the products would break easily. Their cars broke down all of the time. Trust me, I owned several of them for years and experienced this first hand. BUT, you were able to get service and get the things fixed and Jaguar service was pretty darn good. This is where JJP is playing with fire. They have arguably let one of the best techs in Lloyd slip through their fingers, whatever the reason may be. IMHO This will have larger impacts than all the previous issues combined. People want to be heard and helped. At least for this Pinside group, LLoyd filled a huge hole for JJP. JJP has big shoes to fill now and at a time when they are selling more units than ever.
I will be watching from the sidelines now to see how this all plays out. Having someone to talk to that you can trust is everything to me. I need to find that connection again at JJP.
One last thought, anytime private equity enters, the secret sauce of whatever got that company to succeed is in jeopardy. I know a lot of you are throwing Jack under the bus at this time. Please keep in mind he only has a fraction of the say now that the PE guys are in his house. I have seen this movie play out time and time again. I hope JJP can weather this storm. I really do. I love their products and their innovation. They pushed the pinball industry to do things differently at a time when the products were pretty darn stagnant.

He told owners that THEY were the source of the issues regarding recent playfield problems. He threw HIS BUYING CUSTOMERS under the bus. After saying something that impetuous without merit, he doesn't deserve a bus to be thrown under; he deserves an aircraft carrier.

If Jaguar said "well, YOU'RE the reason the transmission stopped working correctly!" when all I did was turned the key, go to put it in gear, and nothing happened or erratic shifting started occurring on a brand new product, I'd be completely flabbergasted that a company (the figurehead that the company is named after no less) would make such a ludicrous claim, and I'd fight tooth and nail to get that problem fixed on the free, or I would sell it for a loss and never, EVER buy a Jaguar again.

People are putting less than 100 games on these machines and having issues, which I would guesstimate is having transmission shifting issues before your first oil change on a new Jaguar. Would YOU be ok with that?

JJP is on borrowed time. How they put out 3+ games with PF issues and still survive is beyond amazing - no one is going to sell me lemonade and expect me to say that it tastes like fine wine. And don't get me wrong, I got to play a Wonka on location, and it was a really fun game. It wasn't $8000+ while my PF chips and art flakes off worth of fun to me.

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Jack mis-spoke, no question, but your analogy is incorrect. He was saying that people were removing parts from the playfield causing more problems.

Ok, I can buy that. To which I would (generally, not directly at you, Reznnate) retort: If the product was superior, especially given how they led the way in "jacking" up the price over and over again, there'd be no need for him to make such a ludicrous claim.

He better have some empirical, correlation and causation evidence before he goes shooting the company in the face by blaming the customer base. SPOILER alert: he didn't. He popped off watching a handful of people dismantling their GNR games on YT as they - the paying customer - attempted to determine the main core of the problem. If I recall correctly, one of the main conclusions drawn was the holes were WAY too big for the hardware being installed, which led to excess vibrational energy transferring from the hardware to the clear and artwork, ultimately damaging the PF.

Video explanation here:

That being said, this YT comment especially made me laugh:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1405 2 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

This is interesting to me. Does anyone know if an adjustment has been made in the manufacturing process to mitigate this risk? Or did it fall on deaf ears w/JJP?

They prolly ain't going to say nothing at official JJP HQ. If they haven't fixed the problem yet and acknowledge the holes being too big, it'll show they don't know how to fix the root issue.

Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool then to open your mouth and confirm it or something like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=NPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.