tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_J.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#151 2 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

And you still had to pay $60 shipping? Geez, I would think they would of sent it out free of charge with a return label to send the bad one back.

Yeah, this ain’t Amazon.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

I get that but $60 shipping? No fucking way. A company that ships all kinds of stuff daily doesn’t pay that kind of rate for something that small. Add on top of that, they are replacing a part that they provided and is broken. It’s their responsibility ESPECIALLY when it’s still under warranty.
I deal with this all the time remodeling houses. If a product goes bad or needs a part replaced, the company will supply the part free of charge. What they won’t pay for is the labor to install or fix the product. It should be the same for this. Send the part out and then it’s up to customer to figure out replacing it.
And if said broken part is worth anything to the supplier, then provide a return label.

Agreed.
$60 is pretty ballsy.

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agree to a point but in this JJP example IF they had a reliable part supplier and better QC at assembly they likely wouldn't need as much customer service Or inventory spares.

Agreed.
If they were a competently run and financed company, their customer service folks wouldn’t be getting crushed on a daily basis.

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I know its shitty to chargeback a card and hurt a distro, but at the same time once the distros are tired of getting shafted they will really put the hammer down on JJP quality, so I am very torn on that issue. If I had no other recourse, what else am I supposed to do? Giant ass washers sent to me as a best case scenario is not gonna cut it.

At 10-15K, for me, it becomes a problem for the distributor because I am filing that chargeback.
I’m paying the distributor, not the manufacturer.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Whats more, JJP's own warranty wording states that these issues should be covered, but once word got out about these issues they changed the warranty. Thats shitty.

This is really all you need to know about JJP.

1 week later
#964 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:Anything positive you can say about JJP pins?

Their cabinets are not coming apart at the seams.

#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I honestly think JJP is trying to do more in customer service. I received a very nice email from Barry this week and he even went back on a item and took care of that, which earlier they were not.
Maybe all the real world complaining and issues have forced JJP to allow Barry to help out more, kudos to JJP and Barry for stepping it up for me and my machine. THANK You Barry!
How does one know if the playfields are still an issue unless they fail?

Specifically, what did Barry help you with?

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

For me, good customer service is about how you handle your initial response to the customer, not how you respond once the heat becomes too much to keep ignoring the issue.
This type of response from JJP with GnR isn't the first time this has happened. It isn't even the 2nd time, and at the end of the day people will still convince themselves that "JJP has addressed the issue and changed their attitude about customer service" just because they want to buy the next JJP game.
I think it's important to remember initial reports from customers saying that JJP was telling them no replacement playfields would be sold at all. Jack conveniently leaves that part out in this interview when he mentions the discount playfield purchase option their great customer service team is offering. They're only changing their tune now because the issue hasn't died down (rightly so).
My experience with the way they JJP handled customers on POTC was enough to get me to never buy one of their machines again. To me, they way they handled that was a clear indicator of how they truly approach customer service: Only respond on major issues once the heat builds too much to keep ignoring it, and then try to make the customer pay for the solution. That's not the type of company I want to buy anything from.

JJP doesn’t have the resources or relationship with their play field supplier to provide quality customer service.

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Honestly, to me it doesn't at all matter why they won't or can't provide quality service. As a customer I just want good service from the company/person I'm buying something from, and if the service isn't there then I go somewhere it's better.
It seems like a lot of people consider JJP as part of a hobby and they want to support JJP regardless. That's fine, but I don't look at it that way. I look at them as a company I'm buying something from.

I agree with you and based upon your purchasing criteria, you would be best looking elsewhere for a game.

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Unbelievably tone death and arrogant. And that was two years ago.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

JJP desperately needs a new spokesman or pr guy.
That was a brutal and cringeworthy listen.

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Pinball community: Do you take credit cards?

Would never buy NIB without a credit card.

1 month later
#1238 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

They probably moved all their equipment and production to Chicago and hired Steve Ritchie so they could file for bankruptcy?

Not sure, but it’s clear solvency is something that continues to elude JJP.
Healthy companies do not behave like JJP.

3 months later
#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've owned 3 JJP machines, sold WOZ, still have Wonka and Hobbit. No major issues with any of them. Playfields all perfect. The few minor things I contacted them about they addressed immediately. No complaints here.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Same for me or my distributor jumped all over it. Kingpin for the win.

I’m happy for you guys, but I still feel awful for the multitude of customers that JJP has shit on.

#1371 2 years ago

I wonder if they’ll be around in 5 years time.

#1382 2 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

wow, lots of drama here with all the grand proclamations !
I choose to stay optimistic, look at each new offering, and decide if I need to have.

That’s what they’re banking on.

1 week later
#1414 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's a pretty broad generalization.
Some folks are about the appearance of their pins, and some are about playing them.

And a lot of us are about both.
It shouldn’t have to be one or the other, especially at 10K plus.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,400 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 11,000.00
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_J.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=Mike_J and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.