tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

*Flame suit equipped*
I just want to warn anyone considering purchasing a JJP game about their awful level of warranty support for such an expensive product.
I am a hobby operator and I am just so disappointed by the level of warranty coverage provided by JJP it just doesn't make financial sense to continue purchasing their products since they don't stand behind them.
My distributor has been great and fought the good battle but JJP is just not a good company.
I purchased a GNR LE and received it in Dec of 2020 and placed it on location.
In Feb 2021 one of the light lenses cracked from the backboard and had to order a replacement - this was sent within a month by JJP and was no issue.
in May of 2021 the left spot light stepper motor went bad. JJP denied the warranty claim and my distributor actually purchased the motor for me unexpectedly because he's awesome. Keep in mind this machine is 6 months old at this point and JJP doesn't provide a motor for a customer that has purchased 4 machines from them.
Last week - July of 2021 the machine develops an apparent short in the switch matrix. I troubleshoot it back to a problem on the main I/O board. The machine will not work with this matrix short as it controls the ball trough and just will not start a game. At this point I have a machine that is 8 months old with the main board that went bad and JJP once again denies my warranty claim.
They want $450 for a new board or will repair the old board for $140/hr. Keep in mind this is a machine with less than 2k plays on it. I basically have a bricked 10k machine unless I pay up. A big chunk of the earnings for this machine is just out the window because the company sucks and doesn't take care of their customers.
It is absolutely ridiculous to have a machine that cost $10k with almost zero warranty support.
This is in addition to the awful clear coat they use on their machines that is just bubbling and chipping away little by little with each play.
I won't be buying anymore JJP games in the future. I'm done. If you're on the fence I would hop down and go with something else. Absolute junk.

I’m going to flag this accusation in the sense that I will share my experience with JJP:

Regarding your #2 item - spotlight: my spotlight also went out recently (I’ve had my LE since November 2020). JJP and my distributor replaced it with a 30-day RMA agreement > i.e. I return the bad spotlight within 30 days of receiving the new one or I have to pay for the new one ($100+?).

So it makes me wonder if you were not offered an RMA agreement on the spotlight, or even board. Or if you or your distributor declined that option?

In any case; JJP has sent me plenty of replacements for my game like coils, sleeves, stops, etc… curious what will happen if a board fails being out of warranty. Hope Barry gets you setup with factual information. They’ve been pretty straight up with my GNR ownership since November.

Now that said, we’ve recently entered a new human era where we’re in a shortage of computer components, so could that be affecting some recent support decisions?

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from Blacksnow:

Pinside has really exposed the nightmare that is JJP.

I’m still trying to decide if Pinside has or hasn’t exposed anything, or if it’s the typical Pinside mob mentality with JJP the current manufacturer under the cross hairs. I mean, the chipped posts are real, but know what, my Deadpool is chipped too. The difference? My GNR post is now mylar’d, protected and concealed with a washer. Deadpool is mylar’d but still visible to the eye. So why does stern get a pass and JJP not?

For more feedback, here is my history of owning GNR since November, 8 months:

• I over tightened the flipper arm pawl and snapped it. JJP sent me new ones (plural) all assembled for free even though I broke it. I got the replacements <1 week

• Guitar lock mech started acting funny - coil kept firing unstoppable. JJP sent me new coil sleeves, stops, springs within days. No cost.

• magnet coil thermal switch tripped. JJP sent me full new coil assembly at no cost. <1 week.
2nd magnet coil is running like a champ. I thought it fried the other day but then started working again - makes me wonder if the new coil has an auto reset thermal switch? Either that or it didn’t stop working and I was on crack.

• chipped PF at post. For the most part, radio silence from JJP but after 2 weeks and evaluating pics, they sent me the new washer kit. I added mylar ring (purchased separately) and washer.

• left spotlight stopped working. JJP was unclear what was wrong. After a week, I have them a video and we agreed it needed a full replacement. They said it would be an RMA - i.e. I have to send the old back after I got the new one or id have to pay for the new one. They also said they were having supply issues so couldn’t send a new one right away. All in all it took about 3-4 weeks to get the new spotlight and the whole process costed me $0.

The only $ out of my pocket for 8 months of ownership was the $10 expense on Mylar rings.

Game freakin rocks the roof off and is amazing. I personally would go through it all over again if someone asked. But I probably wouldn’t recommend it to others only because the Pinside mob mentality is so scary lol.

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Did you read the thread? It is a ton of people giving personal examples of awful quality and lack of support. Glad they hooked you up but I'm not sure why you're dismissive towards everyone else's bad experience.

ROFL! What kind of comment is that? We’re only allowed to post here if it’s negative? You just proved the point of my post not knowing if this is pinside mob or not. You might want to go reread my post, it’s not as positive as you think. cosmokramer seemed to be the only one to pick up on that. My experiences with stern machines have been much better for sure, and I do believe a lot of my JJP support success was attributed to my distributor.

Listen, it sucks you are going through this, if my main board or some other component went bad and JJP, stern, or any other manufacturer refused to replace it and I was the original owner, I’d be pissed too. But if we want to expose JJP of anything, we need all owners to share their experiences, not just the negative.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Plastics
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,500 (OBO)
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.