tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EaglePin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 2 years ago

I swore off all JJP games after their crappy service & support on my POTC. I don't care if they make the greatest pinball machine ever, I won't buy another game from them. And they also still haven't finished the code on POTC even though that was 3 games ago for them.

#389 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

...until the next game is available.

Yep, it was over 2 years ago that this thread was created for POTC because JJP's customer service was non-existent on it (until Wonka sales started taking a hit)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-#post-4991736

And then Wonka came out and people convinced themselves that JJP will have the issues resolved and if something is wrong then JJP will stand behind it with customer service, so this thread ended up being created:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-#post-5155040

And then GnR came out and history repeats itself again with this current thread, and I'm sure people will still rush to buy the next game because that one is sure to have better quality and service from JJP than the last 3 games, right?

2 weeks later
#1058 2 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

So Jack mentions on the Pinball Magazine pinball podcast and I quote "customers possibly may have done something to the playfield to cause damage." This hobby is so entertaining and laughable. Once again, no accountability and now customers have to purchase another playfield for $500.00 if they want to replace that quality controlled Mirco playfield.
Enjoy that playfield swap.

For me, good customer service is about how you handle your initial response to the customer, not how you respond once the heat becomes too much to keep ignoring the issue.

This type of response from JJP with GnR isn't the first time this has happened. It isn't even the 2nd time, and at the end of the day people will still convince themselves that "JJP has addressed the issue and changed their attitude about customer service" just because they want to buy the next JJP game.

I think it's important to remember initial reports from customers saying that JJP was telling them no replacement playfields would be sold at all. Jack conveniently leaves that part out in this interview when he mentions the discount playfield purchase option their great customer service team is offering. They're only changing their tune now because the issue hasn't died down (rightly so).

My experience with the way they JJP handled customers on POTC was enough to get me to never buy one of their machines again. To me, they way they handled that was a clear indicator of how they truly approach customer service: Only respond on major issues once the heat builds too much to keep ignoring it, and then try to make the customer pay for the solution. That's not the type of company I want to buy anything from.

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

JJP doesn’t have the resources or relationship with their play field supplier to provide quality customer service.

Honestly, to me it doesn't at all matter why they won't or can't provide quality service. As a customer I just want good service from the company/person I'm buying something from, and if the service isn't there then I go somewhere it's better.

It seems like a lot of people consider JJP as part of a hobby and they want to support JJP regardless. That's fine, but I don't look at it that way. I look at them as a company I'm buying something from.

#1085 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

And yet people will continue to buy NIB from them knowing everything about the playfield issues and the absolute worst customer service around... Now that's clueless.

Yep, JJP POTC history repeats itself with Jack's new tone def responses about the similar chipping issue on GnR. A company's culture is often influenced a lot by the people who speak for the company.

This is his answer from 2019 Expo regarding POTC playfields. Wasn't a very encouraging response there either, but people still convinced themselves that Wonka and then GnR would be different:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EaglePin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=EaglePin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.