tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#535 2 years ago

I’ve gotten better warranty from Samsung on a $1500 tv! The thing crapped itself 5x in 3 years. The final time they didn’t want to do anything but in the end I got my money back! Australian consumer warranty for the win! And that was only on a $1500 tv not at $16,500 pinball machine! Yes there are things that’ll go wrong but I baulked at pirates because of the issues and definitely left my money in my wallet for GnR because people were getting left high and dry from pirates and wonka isssues! Not interested JJP not interested at all. I wish Barry didn’t leave American pinball, he was super helpful and made my experience with faults a breeze to deal with I don’t know if he has the power to do so on that side of the coin.

#677 2 years ago

The problem isn’t micro playfield entirely. A lot of it is the JJP engineering and the installers. Sloppy holes around the posts and then the posts being over tightened will destroy a playfield. All of a sudden you’ve got a lot of movement through the middle of the clear instead of just through the top. Any playfield will have a problem if the stuff on top isn’t installed properly

1 week later
#1051 2 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

So Jack mentions on the Pinball Magazine pinball podcast and I quote "customers possibly may have done something to the playfield to cause damage." This hobby is so entertaining and laughable. Once again, no accountability and now customers have to purchase another playfield for $500.00 if they want to replace that quality controlled Mirco playfield.
Enjoy that playfield swap.

Not sure it’s the micro playfield rather than JJPs engineering and attention to detail like having sloppy holes around their posts, over tensioning the posts to create more pooling. So not necessarily only Mirco’s fault here

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I'm sure they're changing their quarterly predictions right now.That was a dick move on Jack's part but I'm not jumping ship over that. I know there are a lot of good folks working there and if it hadn't been these bad playfields we wouldn't be talking all of this other shit.We would still be talking about what a great game GnR is and looking forward to Toy Story

You’re right. I’d the playfields weren’t chipping and cracking after a MINUSCULE amount of plays we wouldn’t have an issue. If the support of what amounts to a new small car wasn’t so terrible we wouldn’t be here.

But the FACTS are the engineering of the holes is too large, this creates movement in the parts which creates the cracking. I’ve got a micro WH2O playfield and it looks new after a decade. Look at the rest of the playfield there isn’t an issue unless something is done at the factory by over tightening something.

How about we wake up stop drinking the JJP cool aid and see that they just they don’t support their product in an appropriate fashion. If they did I would’ve bought a pirates AND a GnR instead of sitting on the fence about it and ultimately deciding to leave the money in my pocket. I don’t have the time or inclination to change a playfield over it’s too much effort I’ve done it once and all I want to do is turn the game on flip for a while and then it off (yes stuff will break but the playfield will be fine).

I’ve voted with my wallet and JJP WILL NOT be getting my hard earned cash because of the continuing fiasco and customers forced to buy a new playfield because of what they have done. Absolutely no one wants to do a playfield swap NO ONE and to suggest the customer is purposely damaging a $10k product when the same problem has appeared over SEVERAL titles it’s just mind boggling!!

#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

And who's to say that the newly purchased playfield won't be suffering from the same issues?

And then there is that too! I’d be stashing the new playfield away until the damaged one is COMPLETELY stuffed then doing the swap. Or selling with the playfield and letting someone else do the swap…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 210.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=Audioenslaved and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.