tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 31.
#352 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I was not offered these options. I haven't spoken to JJP directly yet as I typically just work thru a distributor.

Time for a new distributor.

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

*Flame suit equipped*
I just want to warn anyone considering purchasing a JJP game about their awful level of warranty support for such an expensive product.
I am a hobby operator and I am just so disappointed by the level of warranty coverage provided by JJP it just doesn't make financial sense to continue purchasing their products since they don't stand behind them.
My distributor has been great and fought the good battle but JJP is just not a good company.
I purchased a GNR LE and received it in Dec of 2020 and placed it on location.
In Feb 2021 one of the light lenses cracked from the backboard and had to order a replacement - this was sent within a month by JJP and was no issue.
in May of 2021 the left spot light stepper motor went bad. JJP denied the warranty claim and my distributor actually purchased the motor for me unexpectedly because he's awesome. Keep in mind this machine is 6 months old at this point and JJP doesn't provide a motor for a customer that has purchased 4 machines from them.
Last week - July of 2021 the machine develops an apparent short in the switch matrix. I troubleshoot it back to a problem on the main I/O board. The machine will not work with this matrix short as it controls the ball trough and just will not start a game. At this point I have a machine that is 8 months old with the main board that went bad and JJP once again denies my warranty claim.
They want $450 for a new board or will repair the old board for $140/hr. Keep in mind this is a machine with less than 2k plays on it. I basically have a bricked 10k machine unless I pay up. A big chunk of the earnings for this machine is just out the window because the company sucks and doesn't take care of their customers.
It is absolutely ridiculous to have a machine that cost $10k with almost zero warranty support.
This is in addition to the awful clear coat they use on their machines that is just bubbling and chipping away little by little with each play.
I won't be buying anymore JJP games in the future. I'm done. If you're on the fence I would hop down and go with something else. Absolute junk.

I agree 100%. On my WOZ they charged me to replace my miniplayed that had issues. It was not cheap. The door broke off several times and would stick. Such a nightmare.

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I've definitely had Stern boards fail after a year and they send me a replacement no questions asked. It may be written as 60 days but in my experience they have taken care of me. I do agree that a 60 day warranty is total bullshit. Just stand behind your products.

I had an AC/DC LE CPU board fail after 4 YEARS and was the second owner and I got a swap from Stern for $100. Stern has their problems, but their warranty support overall is better than JJP now, for sure. I feel like the financier for JJP has laid down the law and it's profit at all costs. Something DEFINITELY changed.

#356 2 years ago

This is thread number thirty seven on the JJP pf hit parade... so far I have been immune to the JJP kool aid, what with their amazing thematic choices. If GNR had been Pink Floyd, or Classic Van Halen, they might have got me, but Toy Story is a pass even though wife and I are both big Pixar fans and this pf issue is the biggest reason why. If they got Tom Hanks and Tim Allen to do custom callouts, however, TS CE's will fly out the door... which is just sad.

#358 2 years ago

JJP needs to shelf the legal "no comment" approach to this fiasco and put folks at ease. It starts with "We're sorry" and "we plan to do steps 1-xx to resolve said issues."

Being a customer centric company is not hard, it begins with integrity and transparency. Admit faults and own them. Commit to improving, make impacted parties whole and move forward with a commitment to improve. I don't think we will all forget how poorly JJP has managed this mess.

#361 2 years ago

"Build Quality"

#362 2 years ago

Hmmmm, for those of you who actually purchased JJP's stellar product, did you pay by cash or CC? Because if it's the latter, you DO know you can do a chargeback, right? Yes, I know it'll be back to the distributor, but who the hell cares? You're not happy with your purchase (rightly so) and if JJP won't make it right , your CC company will nearly certainly rule in your favor. It then becomes the distros problem and let HIM deal with JJP at that point. BTW, some cards double your warranty time on certain items. Look into this.
Jesus, when distros warehouses are full with customer returns, maybe-just maybe- then will these guys get the message that their products suck.

#363 2 years ago

Sorry bout the loss BH .I honestly havn’t been this mad in a long while .I needed to vent .When it comes down to what matters it’s not about the chipped PF at all ,it’s just about treating people right no matter how hard things get with pressure from above .Maybe try actually talking instead of hiding behind a keyboard.I’ve said before I’m sure theres a lot of good people in that building that want to do the right thing but it’s not they’re call .Anyway I’m closing this chapter in the grand scheme of things this is something so small that I need to put it in the rear view .I won’t deal with these people anymore ,We’ll enjoy the game and sell it eventually and look to the likes of Stern,Spooky,AP,Haggis,MM,CGC and the rest .We’re in this hobby for good and I’m happy there’s plenty of choices out there .Be well all I’ll be around just not in any JJP threads . Yours truly Kevin

#364 2 years ago

I'm looking to sell my GnR CE. Am I posting in the right thread?

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from loghome895:

ARE YOU THE CAPS POLICE! I CAN USE CAPS IF I PLEASE !

Not gonna lie, this guy’s posts made me laugh.

BCB97F4E-3D32-4A01-9B1E-01BBD0DB242E (resized).jpegBCB97F4E-3D32-4A01-9B1E-01BBD0DB242E (resized).jpeg
#366 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I agree 100%. On my WOZ they charged me to replace my miniplayed that had issues. It was not cheap. The door broke off several times and would stick. Such a nightmare.

I have never purchased a NIB JJP, (and if something came along I may have considered making a purchase....before this thread). I’ll bet many others feel the same. JJP marketing dept., are you listening?

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm looking to sell my GnR CE. Am I posting in the right thread?

How much? $8k since it's a POS? This def ain't the right thread. Lol

$15k?

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

I don't think we will all forget how poorly JJP has managed this mess.

...until the next game is available.

#369 2 years ago

Curious if OP got any better results after creating the thread and speaking with Barry?

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Sorry bout the loss BH .I honestly havn’t been this mad in a long while .I needed to vent .When it comes down to what matters it’s not about the chipped PF at all ,it’s just about treating people right no matter how hard things get with pressure from above .Maybe try actually talking instead of hiding behind a keyboard.I’ve said before I’m sure theres a lot of good people in that building that want to do the right thing but it’s not they’re call .Anyway I’m closing this chapter in the grand scheme of things this is something so small that I need to put it in the rear view .I won’t deal with these people anymore ,We’ll enjoy the game and sell it eventually and look to the likes of Stern,Spooky,AP,Haggis,MM,CGC and the rest .We’re in this hobby for good and I’m happy there’s plenty of choices out there .Be well all I’ll be around just not in any JJP threads . Yours truly Kevin

#371 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Hmmmm, for those of you who actually purchased JJP's stellar product, did you pay by cash or CC? Because if it's the latter, you DO know you can do a chargeback, right? Yes, I know it'll be back to the distributor, but who the hell cares? You're not happy with your purchase (rightly so) and if JJP won't make it right , your CC company will nearly certainly rule in your favor. It then becomes the distros problem and let HIM deal with JJP at that point. BTW, some cards double your warranty time on certain items. Look into this.
Jesus, when distros warehouses are full with customer returns, maybe-just maybe- then will these guys get the message that their products suck.

Claiming on credit card - charge back
It’s not the Distros fault, no one wants them to get shafted.
JJP are lacking in integrity.
They can see how this is snowballing, if they continue on this path, it could spell the end for them.
I paid using CC - but have tried to armour up best I can, just hope it’s enough.

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

They can see how this is snowballing, if they continue on this path, it could spell the end for them.

The end? I dont think it is....

they will weather the storm and the same people will still prepay on the next one based on a few pics.

ya'll are like crackheads when a new pin is announced.

#373 2 years ago

I wonder how morale is holding up at the JJP factory?
Imagine fitting the PF thinking, this is dogshit!
Perhaps they just act like zombies, cocooning themselves to the outdoor shitstorm, like it ain’t happening. Who TF knows what’s going on over there .... lol.

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I paid using CC - but have tried to armour up best I can, just hope it’s enough.

When I bought my Wonka my Distro let me use an American Express which automatically provides an extended warranty - I don’t know if it would pay for bad boards or parts but at the very least Amex might hassle JJP on their consumers behalf.

#375 2 years ago

I know its shitty to chargeback a card and hurt a distro, but at the same time once the distros are tired of getting shafted they will really put the hammer down on JJP quality, so I am very torn on that issue. If I had no other recourse, what else am I supposed to do? Giant ass washers sent to me as a best case scenario is not gonna cut it.

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I wonder how morale is holding up at the JJP factory?
Imagine fitting the PF thinking, this is dogshit!
Perhaps they just act like zombies, cocooning themselves to the outdoor shitstorm, like it ain’t happening. Who TF knows what’s going on over there .... lol.

Yeah I'm sure the minimum wage line workers are having trouble sleeping at night after eyeballing every inch of the playfields with magnifying glasses and installing them despite whatever flaws they discover.

#377 2 years ago

There’s another part of me that thinks:
Under the radar, there may be a ‘cloak n dagger business agreement between the Distro and JJP - if a chargeback is instigated, JJP compensate the Distro one way or another.
Happy for any Distros to chime in to counter?

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Unfortunately the distros are responsible for the product they sell, regardless of any actions or support/lack thereof by Stern. If I bought a game and had issues, the distro is going to resolve them or feel the pain.

#379 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I'm sure the minimum wage line workers are having trouble sleeping at night after eyeballing every inch of the playfields with magnifying glasses and installing them despite whatever flaws they discover.

I was suggesting the JJP team as a whole matey

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

ya'll are like crackheads when a new pin is announced.

Just imagine if JJP announced Harry Potter.

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I know its shitty to chargeback a card and hurt a distro, but at the same time once the distros are tired of getting shafted they will really put the hammer down on JJP quality, so I am very torn on that issue. If I had no other recourse, what else am I supposed to do? Giant ass washers sent to me as a best case scenario is not gonna cut it.

You bought the product knowing these issues existed. This isn't new. Why is it fair to put the problem back on the distro because you got burned by the risk you took?

This is a whole thread of people pilling on JJP, and rightly. But I don't think anyone who bought a GNR has any room to complain here. This was an issue before that and you bought it anyway.

#382 2 years ago

^^^ Sadly, not for everyone. Many just receiving pins now after initial deposits and orders placed back in October 2020.
That’s when the lies started about prototypes etc... only being affected ...lol

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I was suggesting the JJP team as a whole matey

As long as they are still getting paid they probably arent that worried.

It's when the checks start to bounce that the cold sweats start to break out.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

You bought the product knowing these issues existed. This isn't new. Why is it fair to put the problem back on the distro because you got burned by the risk you took?

Could also ask distributors why they would continue to sell products with these issues. Not suggesting folks should burn their distros with chargebacks, but if you're going to blame JJP and buyers, the middle man must also assume some responsibility. Distros know as much (or more) than buyers. Why are they exempt?

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I had an AC/DC LE CPU board fail after 4 YEARS and was the second owner and I got a swap from Stern for $100. Stern has their problems, but their warranty support overall is better than JJP now, for sure. I feel like the financier for JJP has laid down the law and it's profit at all costs. Something DEFINITELY changed.

I'm wondering if Stern is going to read this thread and say why should we continue to honor stuff outside of warranties when JJP doesn't and people still line up to buy their CE's which sell out in hours. Look how many awards GnR took home. People have short memories and I guarantee Toy Story CE sells out within hours.

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

I'm wondering if Stern is going to read this thread and say why should we continue to honor stuff outside of warranties when JJP doesn't and people still line up to buy their CE's and sell out in hours. Look how many awards GnR took home. People have short memories and guaranteed Toy Story CE sells out within hours.

I do think it's a little careless for people to brag about the specifics of out of warranty care they've gotten from Stern, even if it's high quality. Just say "Stern has taken care of me" so they aren't inundated with people asking for new boards for their Sharky's Shootouts.

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

The distributor bought the product knowing these issues existed. The distributor is JJP's customer & business partner. They have an agreement with JJP that often includes some level of user support.

Interesting scenario in the case of used games changing hands. I would think the distributor is out of it at that point but maybe some regional responsibility? That's something a used buyer should know before purchase.

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Could also ask distributors why they would continue to sell products with these issues. Not suggesting folks should burn their distros with chargebacks, but if you're going to blame JJP and buyers, the middle man must also assume some responsibility. Distros know as much (or more) than buyers. Why are they exempt?

Are they supposed to just stop selling JJP entirely? That's an absurd stance. I think a good distributor would warn buyers of known issues. But in the end, the buyers are the problem. People are going to buy. You want the distributor to risk their business and income on it? They are just as frustrated with JJP, but they can't just stop, this is their business. But the buyers can actually just stop.

It's like people don't realize you don't actually have to buy the new games.

Edit: It should also be noted that not everyone cares about chipping and pooling. Some people buy the games to play them knowing that damage is going to happen. The distributors still serve these people.

But, if you care so much about this, you shouldn't have bought this. Plain and simple. People have been using the phrase "speak with your wallet" for years about quality and playfield issues. Take a bit of personal responsibility here.

#389 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

...until the next game is available.

Yep, it was over 2 years ago that this thread was created for POTC because JJP's customer service was non-existent on it (until Wonka sales started taking a hit)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-#post-4991736

And then Wonka came out and people convinced themselves that JJP will have the issues resolved and if something is wrong then JJP will stand behind it with customer service, so this thread ended up being created:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-#post-5155040

And then GnR came out and history repeats itself again with this current thread, and I'm sure people will still rush to buy the next game because that one is sure to have better quality and service from JJP than the last 3 games, right?

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Genuinely interested as I never tried a charge back. How strong is that option as many made payment or deposit close to 10 months ago? Will a CC company really go back that far for a claim?

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

This is a whole thread of people pilling on JJP, and rightly. But I don't think anyone who bought a GNR has any room to complain here. This was an issue before that and you bought it anyway.

You mean the non-refundable deposit after they changed the warranty?

I will enjoy being forced to buy a game and have them make it right

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The distributor bought the product knowing these issues existed. The distributor is JJP's customer & business partner. They have an agreement with JJP that often includes some level of user support.
Interesting scenario in the case of used games changing hands. I would think the distributor is out of it at that point but maybe some regional responsibility? That's something a used buyer should know before purchase.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

You mean the non-refundable deposit after they changed the warranty?
I will enjoy being forced to buy a game and have them make it right

NO ONE FORCED YOU TO MAKE A DEPOSIT! No one made you buy the game.

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Are they supposed to just stop selling JJP entirely? That's an absurd stance.

Is it more or less absurd than selling $10k+ games with chipping playfields? At some point distros might conclude that the juice is no longer worth the squeeze. There are more fish (manufacturers) in the sea.

JJP already backstabbed distros by selling some of the highest profit margin games of all time direct from the factory. Be careful what you wish for. Let JJP sell 'em all direct, make all the profit, and deal with all the hassle.

#394 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Genuinely interested as I never tried a charge back. How strong is that option as many made payment or deposit close to 10 months ago? Will a CC company really go back that far for a claim?

Yep, it’s very easy ... I did it during Covid for my mother’s holiday when the travel agent didn’t refund and offered silly vouchers. The CC company get the money back from the vendor eventually or pull their credit card facilities...lol

In uk covered between 100 GBP -30k

#395 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Is it more or less absurd than selling $10k+ games with chipping playfields? At some point distros might conclude that the juice is no longer worth the squeeze. There are more fish (manufacturers) in the sea.
JJP has already backstabbed distros by selling some of the highest profit margin games of all time direct from the factory. Be careful what you wish for. Let JJP sell 'am all direct, make all the profit, and deal with all the hassle.

I'm not defending JJP here. I'm saying that people wouldn't have a problem with their GNR playfields if they hadn't bought the game in the first place. This isn't a new issue with GNR. But the people who bought it decided it was worth the risk. Now they are paying for it.

Take the loss you earned, learn from it, and stop buying new games until it is proven to be fixed.

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Yep, it’s very easy ... I did it during Covid for my mother’s holiday when the travel agent didn’t refund and offered silly vouchers. The CC company get the money back from the vendor eventually or pull their credit card facilities...lol
In uk coveted between 100 GBP -30k

Yeah I did have a refund on air travel but that was pretty much anywhere in the world as the service was not rendered. Wasn't sure if buying a product delivered 10 plus months later was the same.

#397 2 years ago

I’m getting shitfaced tonight and planning on playing GnR with the Mrs for 1st time since receiving last week. Got my cliffys and washers all done. If a big chunk of playfield flies off then maybe I’ll do a section 75 with Barclaycard

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/help/spending-transactions/section-75-claim
Or just put it down to a bad experience

#398 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

I'm not defending JJP here.

I know. You're defending the distros. I'm asking, why are they exempt from blame and/or financial responsibility?

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah I did have a refund on air travel but that was pretty much anywhere in the world as the service was not rendered. Wasn't sure if buying a product delivered 10 plus months later was the same.

See my link:-
https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/help/spending-transactions/section-75-claim

#400 2 years ago

Since no actual, realistic fixes are going to happen, I hope this bitch fest makes everyone feel better.

While we'd all love a free or at-cost populated playfield that won't pool/chip, it's not going to happen.
I'd be happy with a free or at-cost blank playfield that won't pool/chip, but JJP knows the majority of Wonka playfields they sent were merely adult pacifiers -- nearly none were actually swapped.

Fortunately the issues don't affect gameplay and can be covered with washers.

I'm sad and mad about JJP playfield issues. I mean... 3 games in a row!? WTF... but I do love JJP games, I have no intentions of selling them, and I'll likely get Toy Story as well.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.