tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 31.
#201 2 years ago

If you work for a pinball company you’d have to be absolutely nuts to post here, much less maintain a constant presence.

Sooner or later it’s going to backfire on spooky I’m sure. Those guys should quit while they are far ahead.

#202 2 years ago

Sign of the times...

What you have these days are people protecting "their investment" and acting irrationally.

They see any bad news as something that may tank the price of their expensive toy so will say just about anything to prevent that.

Not exactly a good environment for constructive criticism.

If you say anything negative you are "anti JJP" which is pretty childish frankly especially since most of the negative comments come from people who have bought JJP games.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Cmon now I’m getting personal!?

Yes. You’ve flown off the handle this whole thread. It’s only pinball.

Quoted from AMSNL:

And I don’t want to attack Barry personal

Then don’t.

If you’re that unhappy with your experience, sell the game and move on.

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. You’ve flown off the handle this whole thread. It’s only pinball.

Then don’t.
If you’re that unhappy with your experience, sell the game and move on.

Coming from a guy who don’t ownes a JJP from the look of it

#205 2 years ago

Are you saying jjp sent you a (nib) used game and then said there was no warranty on it because it was used ?

Quoted from AMSNL:

BarryJ you are full of shit. I have about 20 emails with you/jack regarding my POTC CE and my GNR I already uploaded the emails months ago here as jack stated that the machine was already used in the USA . @ JJP bought the game back . Put it back in a box and ship to Europe as you already knew it never came back. You don’t do anything .
only thing you said was 1099 I can send you a new playfield. As I’m out of warranty.
You and jack can suck on a big wonka bar.
And yes I spoken to jack on the phone also nothing changed.
@ pinside members maybe it’s time to join forces and suing these ......s
Even distro s in Europe order like 50 machines and 3 of those machine the have to take apart to have some spare parts for there customers as YOU don’t supply jack shit!
[quoted image]

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

What would be one of my biggest concerns is that many of JJP biggest supporters over the years have now taken a much more jilted view of JJP.

That really does say a lot about the current situation.

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

He’s not lying. Dr Who never chipped or pooled after 100 plays. And Dr. Who probably cost $1300 brand new

Nobody cared back then and Who knows?

I’ve seen some shitty chewed up shooter lanes. Defective pf’s?

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Did you read the thread? It is a ton of people giving personal examples of awful quality and lack of support. Glad they hooked you up but I'm not sure why you're dismissive towards everyone else's bad experience.

ROFL! What kind of comment is that? We’re only allowed to post here if it’s negative? You just proved the point of my post not knowing if this is pinside mob or not. You might want to go reread my post, it’s not as positive as you think. cosmokramer seemed to be the only one to pick up on that. My experiences with stern machines have been much better for sure, and I do believe a lot of my JJP support success was attributed to my distributor.

Listen, it sucks you are going through this, if my main board or some other component went bad and JJP, stern, or any other manufacturer refused to replace it and I was the original owner, I’d be pissed too. But if we want to expose JJP of anything, we need all owners to share their experiences, not just the negative.

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m still trying to decide if Pinside has or hasn’t exposed anything, or if it’s the typical Pinside mob mentality with JJP the current manufacturer under the cross hairs. I mean, the chipped posts are real, but know what, my Deadpool is chipped too. The difference? My GNR post is now mylar’d, protected and concealed with a washer. Deadpool is mylar’d but still visible to the eye. So why does stern get a pass and JJP not?
For more feedback, here is my history of owning GNR since November, 8 months:
• I over tightened the flipper arm pawl and snapped it. JJP sent me new ones (plural) all assembled for free even though I broke it. I got the replacements <1 week
• Guitar lock mech started acting funny - coil kept firing unstoppable. JJP sent me new coil sleeves, stops, springs within days. No cost.
• magnet coil thermal switch tripped. JJP sent me full new coil assembly at no cost. <1 week.
2nd magnet coil is running like a champ. I thought it fried the other day but then started working again - makes me wonder if the new coil has an auto reset thermal switch? Either that or it didn’t stop working and I was on crack.
• chipped PF at post. For the most part, radio silence from JJP but after 2 weeks and evaluating pics, they sent me the new washer kit. I added mylar ring (purchased separately) and washer.
• left spotlight stopped working. JJP was unclear what was wrong. After a week, I have them a video and we agreed it needed a full replacement. They said it would be an RMA - i.e. I have to send the old back after I got the new one or id have to pay for the new one. They also said they were having supply issues so couldn’t send a new one right away. All in all it took about 3-4 weeks to get the new spotlight and the whole process costed me $0.
The only $ out of my pocket for 8 months of ownership was the $10 expense on Mylar rings.
Game freakin rocks the roof off and is amazing. I personally would go through it all over again if someone asked. But I probably wouldn’t recommend it to others only because the Pinside mob mentality is so scary lol.

I agree with you SKB the game is amazing and I apologize in advance for not falling in line with the mob talking points

I’m also sorry to say my game has had ZERO issues 6 months in. Check that, the shooter rod had to be adjusted. Sorry if that offends people

I also don’t think it makes sense to attack the guy personally, Barry, who is trying to help?

Fattdirk I hope you get your issues resolved

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Arrogance.
Don't forget, JJP also fired the person who seemed to do the most for customer relations- Butch Peel. The whole company is starting to reek of shady used car salesman tactics.
-Overcharging for shipping on warranty parts- check.
-Jack's eloquent FU message essentially telling a customer "sorry-not sorry-not my problem" for him receiving a used game sold as new-check.
-Refusal to send $2 worth of washers due to supply issues...then directing you to someone who stocks them- Check. A good company would have bought them from pinball life if they had issues getting their own.
-Barry showing up here and throwing shade at a customer because "they only contacted their distributor"- check (we have been programmed to believe this is why distributors exist!!)
I am really starting to question the health of JJP as a whole. These actions are not that of a world class company building toward a future. These are the actions of a company circling the drain and trying to make an extra buck or two before the lights get shut off for good.

In Jack's defense,he does say "Best Regards" after he tells you to go pound sand.

#211 2 years ago

So sorry for your troubles. I've owned 2 JJP pins and sold both, and have not missed either for a minute. I too will probably never buy anything from them again. If you are going to continue to jack up your prices, the quality and support should go up, not down. Its a shame what is happening in this hobby.

#212 2 years ago

I feel bad for anybody like Barry that is in customer service but is handcuffed by company policies
I doubt Barry is a decision maker on what can be done - probably needs approval from higher ups for major issues

#213 2 years ago

I'm not sure it's right to blame Jack either. Jack had a dream and a vision. He wanted to produce games that pushed the envelope and he nearly lost everything pursuing this dream. Now the strings are being pulled by investors that call the shots, and while they may like pinball too, they make decisions with a calculator. They greatly reduced their service and support team, reduced their stock of spare parts, reduced the average BOM, and moved the entire operation across the country. The remaining faces from the old JJP are just doing what they can. I thought GNR may be another turning point for the company, this time for the better, but now I am wondering if they are working on their exit strategy. It's hard to imagine big sales for their next title, if there is one. So many bridges have already been burned.

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I feel bad for anybody like Barry that is in customer service but is handcuffed by company policies
I doubt Barry is a decision maker on what can be done - probably needs approval from higher ups for major issues

I know this feeling .They call me the grim reaper at work no fault to myself .I sent a polite PM to Barry about the PF.I just want my pictures sent analyzed and a plan in place so I can decide what to do on my end .Im tired of it sitting there unplugged .I’ve heard some real good people say good things about Gary and I believe those people 100%. I’m sure there’s a lot of good people in that building that want to do the customers right .I feel real bad for the design team with the fantastic machine they created having to hear all this .It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand where the problem lies but those people are always unreachable ,they like the tall grass .Good luck to all and go out and enjoy the day we’re given .

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It really looks like Spooky is now solidly in second place.

After tweaks I had to make out of the box, my R&M has been solid. I do have to get the proper flipper bushings (I 3D printed that standoff for the time being). Outside of that, I've been very impressed with Spooky.

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I want to say something... but at the same time I dont want to be on the JJP hit list, because I really want a BTTF CE.
Ugh.. maybe Im just a wuss. JJP please help the OP he sounds like a nice man... thanks.

Lol I don't think you have to worry.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP is making Back to the Future next?

No.

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I know this feeling .They call me the grim reaper at work no fault to myself .I sent a polite PM to Barry about the PF.I just want my pictures sent analyzed and a plan in place so I can decide what to do on my end .Im tired of it sitting there unplugged .I’ve heard some real good people say good things about Gary and I believe those people 100%. I’m sure there’s a lot of good people in that building that want to do the customers right .I feel real bad for the design team with the fantastic machine they created having to hear all this .It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand where the problem lies but those people are always unreachable ,they like the tall grass .Good luck to all and go out and enjoy the day we’re given .

Play your game. If it’s flawed, what’s the worst that can happen? Try to get them to make it right, but there’s no point in having it just sit there while you fight for a fix.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Play your game. If it’s flawed, what’s the worst that can happen? Try to get them to make it right, but there’s no point in having it just sit there while you fight for a fix.

The chips have gone past what a large washer would cover .

#219 2 years ago

At least the ones I purchased .

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

After tweaks I had to make out of the box, my R&M has been solid. I do have to get the proper flipper bushings (I 3D printed that standoff for the time being). Outside of that, I've been very impressed with Spooky.

I'm loving hearing that Spooky is contuining to grow and step up. Halloween/Ultraman will be a true test for them. It is very hard to grow from a tiny startup to the level JJP is at now. Customer Service has to become organized, and fast. Inventory has to become super organized, and fast. Pinball is hard.

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm loving hearing that Spooky is contuining to grow and step up. Halloween/Ultraman will be a true test for them. It is very hard to grow from a tiny startup to the level JJP is at now. Customer Service has to become organized, and fast. Inventory has to become super organized, and fast. Pinball is hard.

Agree to a point but in this JJP example IF they had a reliable part supplier and better QC at assembly they likely wouldn't need as much customer service Or inventory spares.

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agree to a point but in this JJP example IF they had a reliable part supplier and better QC at assembly they likely wouldn't need as much customer service Or inventory spares.

Could be

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Gee, I wonder why all the manufacturers stay away from Pinside.
Barry is a stand up dude, but even the best customer service rep can’t stop bad company choices in resourcing

I agree 100 percent it should not fall on his shoulders but coming into the thread the way he did was a terrible move. He could have PM’d the OP but did not. He was trying to look good and then blames him saying he never contacted JJP Directly when the OP already said he went through his distributor as they went to bat for him. He did not come across as a stand up dude. Words from JJP now mean nothing, they have to start with action and support to buyers. Whether JJP makes their employees stay off Pinside or just doesn’t care the amount of issues with JJP manufacturing + Ghosting clients is not appropriate.

#224 2 years ago

I don't own a JJP game and I'm not picking on anyone in this thread (please believe me). But the current JJP situation reminds me of why I don't shop at a certain large retailer anymore.

Years ago I had 2-3 items in said retailer I wanted to buy. The lines were HUGE because there was only 1 cashier in the entire store during a busy time. This was the second or third time it happened to me.

A fellow customer said to me "they should add more cashiers".
I looked at the customer and said, "why? we are all still standing here... and this happens all the time."

The fellow customer looked at me confused. I realized then that I needed to stop shopping there or I needed to accept that the conditions for shopping there were terrible service and long lines. Many others seem to be okay with that.

I'm not defending JJP but they have more business than they can handle despite price increases and despite quality complaints from pinside. That's hardly a sign that they need to bend over backwards or slaughter their profit margin every time a pinsider complains about something. Again, I'm not saying the complaints aren't valid I'm just saying the current environment isn't putting much power in the hands of the pinside minded consumer.

Just an observation, not a criticism. No dog in this fight.

#225 2 years ago

Just an observation but it seems like most of the positive JJP experiences people share, myself included, are from a few years ago and most of the negative experiences are from after the move to Chicago. It's obvious some things changed.

But I'm not a current customer so I'm not personally affected by flawed products or poor service. However they sent me a spam email announcing these full playfield protectors for WOZ they found in the factory and how they used to cost like $150 but I should totally get one now for $19.99.

I start thinking to myself... why the fuck am I gonna spend hours stripping my game down to put one of these lame protectors in there and why is JJP wasting my time hyping this garbage?

Then they are like "Hey we got this new web store!" And it's basically a factory flea market with a bunch of garbage and crap they should just dumpster. Oh boy you found manuals from four years ago! The Hype Train Is Leaving The Station CHOO-CHOO MOTHER FUCKERS!!! ... /sarcasm

So... Having not had any actual negative JJP experiences in recent memory I am still getting a bad taste from JJP with their odd, borderline tone-deaf, promotional choices.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Then they are like "Hey we got this new web store!" And it's basically a factory flea market with a bunch of garbage and crap they should just dumpster. Oh boy you found manuals from four years ago!...

Yeah I been getting those emails I took them as sort of desperate?

#227 2 years ago

I wanted that DI manual, they must have had like one, because right when I clicked on it, it was sold out.

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I been getting those emails I took them as sort of desperate?

Smart manufacturers don't have time for that Mickey Mouse crap. They load a truck up every few years and sell the lot to a distributor.

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I'm not defending JJP but they have more business than they can handle despite price increases and despite quality complaints from pinside. That's hardly a sign that they need to bend over backwards or slaughter their profit margin every time a pinsider complains about something. Again, I'm not saying the complaints aren't valid I'm just saying the current environment isn't putting much power in the hands of the pinside minded consumer.
Just an observation, not a criticism. No dog in this fight.

Get out of here with your common sense and reason.

People need to get their deposits down on the next "world under glass" asap before they miss out on the greatest game ever made (yet again)

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Yeah I don’t think that would be the case at all. Maybe it pushed stern to get to LCD screens sooner, but that’s about it.
I got into pinball ownership along with lots of others shortly after WOZ came out, but I think it’s more to do with the resurgence of location pinball, and the generation that was raised by the golden age of pinball generation, getting pinball buying money.
You still never see JJPs on location ten plus years later. The increased demand put more money into sterns pockets, increasing budgets and the end product we see now is the result of that.
We got all those stripped down games because there was simply no money to get anything better. Stern would’ve folded long ago.

While I see more Sterns on location I certainly see JJP's as well. There's at least 3 locations around here that have JJP pins.

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I wanted that DI manual, they must have had like one, because right when I clicked on it, it was sold out.

Don't worry, a huge batch of them had crazy bad printing issues. I wanted mine replaced and they wanted - you guessed it - $60 shipping. This was right after I received it.

I was in the beginnings of the downfall of customer service with DI. At first, they were great in dealing with a blanking phone. But after other issues came up, I was ghosted.

All in all, they did a pretty good for job supporting me, but I could see employees disappearing and service going with them

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed.
If they were a competently run and financed company, their customer service folks wouldn’t be getting crushed on a daily basis.

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I'm not defending JJP but they have more business than they can handle despite price increases and despite quality complaints from pinside.

For now. There's what, 15 used GnRs for sale in marketplace now? They are very quickly going from the 'belle at the ball' to 'nope no fucking way.' Eventually they will run out of customers and distributors willing to accept shipments. The next game will turn some of that around, but how much?

#234 2 years ago

I’ve got to hand it to the JJP staff who are still sticking around. After the sale of JJP and Brett Abess’ daddy buying the company for him, it started to feel like we were going in a DR direction. The Abess appearance on the JJP podcast was a huge red flag, that he was full of promises but a year + on, a lot of the issues still exist. That is not the staff’s fault.

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

If you don't like his analogies, I can send you a few washers to put over them.

freaking brilliant.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I never could get them to send me my manual on my NIB DILE.

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

For now. There's what, 15 used GnRs for sale in marketplace now? They are very quickly going from the 'belle at the ball' to 'nope no fucking way.' Eventually they will run out of customers and distributors willing to accept shipments. The next game will turn some of that around, but how much?

Absolutely - you could be right in the sense that the pre-orders may fall off. Usually in business it is a gradual fall off due to quality versus a massive run for the door from customers though. Or to put it another way I'm not sure they will fall off fast enough to send a message about quality. I could be wrong.

I will say many of the used games appear to be people trying to capitalize on something they opened and played with. Pretty typical of all titles in this hobby - especially in this market.

#238 2 years ago

Once again, people will get a chance to vote with their wallets when Toy Story is announced.

Let’s see how fast those CEs sell out this time?

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Once again, people will get a chance to vote with their wallets when Toy Story is announced.

When GNR was announced with the lower entry price, I was hopeful for finally becoming a JJP buyer with Toy Story standard. If they stick to this 7750 crap, I wouldn't even consider it, even if quality has improved, by then.

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Especially the ones with PF issues. Going to be interesting to see if they even sell.
I would maybe pick up one used after I inspected it, but I don't care what your price is - if it has PF issues I am not buying it from you

----------------------------------
As for JJP as a company -- I have seen more manufacturing companies fail when taken over by financial guys. All they look at is $$'s and they don't have any manufacturing knowledge. Same thing is happening over at DeepRoot where another financial guy is trying to build a manufacturing business. It's just a completely different skill set to learn and adapt to coming strickly from the finance world

#242 2 years ago

Who cares what we are all saying - is that your point? Customer service is not very good at this company but hey whatever they will sell out of CEs. Thanks for ANOTHER great post. Just keep saying the same thing in every thread.

Quoted from iceman44:

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Who cares what we are all saying - is that your point? Customer service is not very good at this company but hey whatever they will sell out of CEs. Thanks for ANOTHER great post. Just keep saying the same thing in every thread.

He’s not wrong - see the previous example of everyone standing in line at the grocery store with not enough check-out people

#244 2 years ago

Hes not wrong that it will sell out I agree. I just don't see the value in the post being made in a thread about customer service issues. Unless the point is "say what you want guys it wont matter". Sucks

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He’s not wrong - see the previous example of everyone standing in line at the grocery store with not enough check-out people

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Hes not wrong that it will sell out I agree.

Cant fix stupid.

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I just don't see the value in the post being made in a thread about customer service issues.

Making consumers aware of how their behavior enables bad outcomes is the first step in changing the behavior.

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wasnt it a Home Depot?
Hard to tell...

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Will do. Gets drowned out with the same things said in every thread, over and over

But like I said. We will see if it’s fact or fiction. The wallet doesn’t lie

#249 2 years ago

I agree here - not what I am saying. I was referencing Iceman post about "Let’s see how fast those CEs sell out this time?". That to me is encouraging more bad behavior.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Making consumers aware of how their behavior enables bad outcomes is the first step in changing the behavior.

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Cant fix stupid.

Don’t make things personal. You know the rules.

And btw, if I bought one I would be one of 500 “stupid people”

You worry about how to spend your own $$$

I do my thing. I don’t follow mob mentality

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
8,400 (OBO)
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/5?hl=tpoeckh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.