tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 31.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

And you still had to pay $60 shipping? Geez, I would think they would of sent it out free of charge with a return label to send the bad one back.

Yeah, this ain’t Amazon.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

And you still had to pay $60 shipping? Geez, I would think they would of sent it out free of charge with a return label to send the bad one back.

It was a no brainer when I found out how much they were charging for a LCD monitor.

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Geez, I would think they would of sent it out free of charge with a return label to send the bad one back.

That's not what happened with my JJP board return either. I just assumed they have a lot of blown boards with mod craziness these days

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

It was a no brainer when I found out how much they were charging for a LCD monitor.

Was it still under warranty? How old was the machine?

#155 2 years ago

How does JJP just let the consistent threads with hundreds of posts from scores of random customers go without a reply? Very disappointed is an understatement.

Haven't played our GNRCE in months as it's in perfect shape, but knowing JJP will tell us to pound sand doesn't sit well should a defect develop.

#156 2 years ago

This post absolutely has me considering walking away from my Deposit on an LE. I have never owned JJP and Pinside has really exposed the nightmare that is JJP. I was so excited to get my machine but maybe it has been a blessing so I can walk away from the full purchase. I feel terrible for the OP and all the other individuals with damaged machines and zero help. At this point I don’t even know I want to support a company like JJP with a NIB Pin. Truly don’t even think they care whether I do or not. Makes me consider Spooky more and more. Just not the biggest fan of the themes so far.

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Was it still under warranty? How old was the machine?

Yep it was under warranty. It was 9 months old at the time. I was also the 2nd owner, not sure if that makes a difference.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Blacksnow:

I don’t even know I want to support a company like JJP with a NIB Pin. Truly don’t even think they care

Multimorphic has the best warranty and support in the industry right now.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yeah, this ain’t Amazon.

I get that but $60 shipping? No fucking way. A company that ships all kinds of stuff daily doesn’t pay that kind of rate for something that small. Add on top of that, they are replacing a part that they provided and is broken. It’s their responsibility ESPECIALLY when it’s still under warranty.

I deal with this all the time remodeling houses. If a product goes bad or needs a part replaced, the company will supply the part free of charge. What they won’t pay for is the labor to install or fix the product. It should be the same for this. Send the part out and then it’s up to customer to figure out replacing it.

And if said broken part is worth anything to the supplier, then provide a return label.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

What issues with Wonka?
I got it NIB and only issue was upping the GB mech to 22 on settings. Easy fix.
I’ve heard of no other issues with Wonka.
Damn, the Stern fanboys are coming out of the woodwork. Hope your having fun with your LZ’s.

Are you serious?? heard of no other issues? Just go to the Wonka owners thread for pages upon pages of issues.

Later runs of Wonka were better but the early ones had all kinds of playfield issues.

Also the gobstopper mech is one of the worst designed things ever... fires the ball sideways to go up.

Setting it to max power works 10% of the time so congrats.

I love the game but it was a nightmare to make play right. srry.

#161 2 years ago

I feel like tomorrow won’t be a fun day at JJP.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Lie of the decade?Bullshit!I was going to shows at the time all this evolved and when JJP came out Stern noticed and picked up their game.Competition makes everybody work harder!!!!

Yeah, competition with all of these new pinball companies coming on the scene, starting with JJP, has also really driven down the prices!

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

ain't that some gospel! you can't make a comment in this thread without triggering a bunch of downvotes, or a bunch of upvotes. peoples emotions about a niche toy are like the volatility of the crypto market.

Hitting the thumbs down on stupid shit like

Quoted from bigehrl:

oh, please. if Jack didn't enter the market, your only NIB option in 2021 would be CSI: Vault Edition, with incandescent lights and a Dot Matrix Display

is a lot easier than quoting it and calling it out for the stupidity it is. I'll go through the process just this once for you, but will be back to thumbing you going forward

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

I get that but $60 shipping? No fucking way. A company that ships all kinds of stuff daily doesn’t pay that kind of rate for something that small. Add on top of that, they are replacing a part that they provided and is broken. It’s their responsibility ESPECIALLY when it’s still under warranty.
I deal with this all the time remodeling houses. If a product goes bad or needs a part replaced, the company will supply the part free of charge. What they won’t pay for is the labor to install or fix the product. It should be the same for this. Send the part out and then it’s up to customer to figure out replacing it.
And if said broken part is worth anything to the supplier, then provide a return label.

Agreed.
$60 is pretty ballsy.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

WOZ caused me a lot of issues in the first year, I constantly solicited JJP services and had an awesome experience with them, they spent countless hours with me on the phone, sent me parts for free, additional spares for free it's been amazing.

JJP was different back then. I had a WOZ ECLE and the support was good. I did think having the customer disassemble their backbox to replace improperly cut parts was a bit much, but I wanted them to succeed and was willing to take on extra work to relieve them of some costs. They did replace some optos and a prematurely-broken ramp with no fuss.

#166 2 years ago

I have been saving up for a GNR, ever since I saw Slash at JJP on Youtube. Big fan of the music and concerts. I got to play one this weekend at a local brew pub. The first couple games, I did not score well and was disappointed. About game 3, I got a multi-ball and the music volume amped up. I was loving the game up until the ball got stuck. Fortunately, the owner opened the glass and freed it. Even gave me some free games. Then he tried to fix the spinner, as it was not turning freely when you hit it with a ball. After awhile, he put the game back together. The spinner was lopsided but loose to spin. Then he showed me the problems with the posts sinking into the clear and the wear on the playfield already on a fairly new game. I was shocked. Nope, not gonna make that purchase now. Especially after reading all the other owners reporting problems. The owner even knew who was doing the clear on the playfields. Said they were rushed into production without letting the clear cure or a bad drying agent in the clear. Instead of the playfield being like glass, like it is on my other pinballs, it was like rubbery, that you could push your fingernail into. Nope not happening.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I have been saving up for a GNR, ever since I saw Slash at JJP on Youtube. Big fan of the music and concerts. I got to play one this weekend at a local brew pub. The first couple games, I did not score well and was disappointed. About game 3, I got a multi-ball and the music volume amped up. I was loving the game up until the ball got stuck. Fortunately, the owner opened the glass and freed it. Even gave me some free games. Then he tried to fix the spinner, as it was not turning freely when you hit it with a ball. After awhile, he put the game back together. The spinner was lopsided but loose to spin. Then he showed me the problems with the posts sinking into the clear and the wear on the playfield already on a fairly new game. I was shocked. Nope, not gonna make that purchase now. Especially after reading all the other owners reporting problems. The owner even knew who was doing the clear on the playfields. Said they were rushed into production without letting the clear cure or a bad drying agent in the clear. Instead of the playfield being like glass, like it is on my other pinballs, it was like rubbery, that you could push your fingernail into. Nope not happening.

“Like it is on my other pinballs”. You mean the Doctor Who?

It’s a good story but you missed several talking points in your list

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from Blacksnow:

Pinside has really exposed the nightmare that is JJP.

I’m still trying to decide if Pinside has or hasn’t exposed anything, or if it’s the typical Pinside mob mentality with JJP the current manufacturer under the cross hairs. I mean, the chipped posts are real, but know what, my Deadpool is chipped too. The difference? My GNR post is now mylar’d, protected and concealed with a washer. Deadpool is mylar’d but still visible to the eye. So why does stern get a pass and JJP not?

For more feedback, here is my history of owning GNR since November, 8 months:

• I over tightened the flipper arm pawl and snapped it. JJP sent me new ones (plural) all assembled for free even though I broke it. I got the replacements <1 week

• Guitar lock mech started acting funny - coil kept firing unstoppable. JJP sent me new coil sleeves, stops, springs within days. No cost.

• magnet coil thermal switch tripped. JJP sent me full new coil assembly at no cost. <1 week.
2nd magnet coil is running like a champ. I thought it fried the other day but then started working again - makes me wonder if the new coil has an auto reset thermal switch? Either that or it didn’t stop working and I was on crack.

• chipped PF at post. For the most part, radio silence from JJP but after 2 weeks and evaluating pics, they sent me the new washer kit. I added mylar ring (purchased separately) and washer.

• left spotlight stopped working. JJP was unclear what was wrong. After a week, I have them a video and we agreed it needed a full replacement. They said it would be an RMA - i.e. I have to send the old back after I got the new one or id have to pay for the new one. They also said they were having supply issues so couldn’t send a new one right away. All in all it took about 3-4 weeks to get the new spotlight and the whole process costed me $0.

The only $ out of my pocket for 8 months of ownership was the $10 expense on Mylar rings.

Game freakin rocks the roof off and is amazing. I personally would go through it all over again if someone asked. But I probably wouldn’t recommend it to others only because the Pinside mob mentality is so scary lol.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Like it is on my other pinballs”. You mean the Doctor Who?
It’s a good story but you missed several talking points in your list

He’s not lying. Dr Who never chipped or pooled after 100 plays. And Dr. Who probably cost $1300 brand new

#170 2 years ago

Interesting read. When service starts to head in that direction it usually indicates the company is struggling financially. They need the 450.00 more urgently than they need future business. I feel bad for you guys going through this bs. That shit is selling for unbelievable amounts of money and it's garbage. I think I made the right choice by dumping all my newer stuff and focusing on investing the $$$ in restoration of timeless early ss titles.

#171 2 years ago

BarryJ you are full of shit. I have about 20 emails with you/jack regarding my POTC CE and my GNR I already uploaded the emails months ago here as jack stated that the machine was already used in the USA . @ JJP bought the game back . Put it back in a box and ship to Europe as you already knew it never came back. You don’t do anything .

only thing you said was 1099 I can send you a new playfield. As I’m out of warranty.

You and jack can suck on a big wonka bar.

And yes I spoken to jack on the phone also nothing changed.

@ pinside members maybe it’s time to join forces and suing these ......s

Even distro s in Europe order like 50 machines and 3 of those machine the have to take apart to have some spare parts for there customers as YOU don’t supply jack shit!
16311F9B-9903-496C-B93A-2CA46CFAC429 (resized).jpeg16311F9B-9903-496C-B93A-2CA46CFAC429 (resized).jpeg

#172 2 years ago

Seriously; JJP needs to go f right off.

You should demand schematics for the 450 dollar board; or require that they provide you with a non-Factory repair board house per the "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act".
https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/21/22587331/right-to-repair-apple-iphone-ftc-lina-khan-open-meeting

They cannot legally force you to use their repair services. Many Manufacturers forget this. Time for them to be held accountable.

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Silvabullet:

I bought my CE directly from JJ on day one. The game is just beautiful and everyone that plays it is just blown away. Unfortunately my playfield began showing chipping and bulging. I contacted Jersey Jack and received an email from Barry that they were sending out washers and posts, nothing more. Reached out two weeks later to tell Barry that I still hadn't received the washers or posts. Two weeks later I finally received an email from Barry stating that "We are not sending out washers due to supply issues. They are available to buy from Pinball Life or Marco". Nothing else. To say that I am less than pleased with the service I got from JJP is an understatement.

That’s because JJP don’t want to be liable for providing items that may cause more damage to the cheese CE playfield - slope shoulders.
Punk ass move - so readable though .. lol

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m still trying to decide if Pinside has or hasn’t exposed anything, or if it’s the typical Pinside mob mentality with JJP the current manufacturer under the cross hairs. I mean, the chipped posts are real, but know what, my Deadpool is chipped too. The difference? My GNR post is now mylar’d, protected and concealed with a washer. Deadpool is mylar’d but still visible to the eye. So why does stern get a pass and JJP not?
• I over tightened the flipper arm pawl and snapped it. JJP sent me new ones (plural) all assembled for free even though I broke it. I got the replacements <1 week
• Guitar lock mech started acting funny - coil kept firing unstoppable. JJP sent me new coil sleeves, stops, springs within days. No cost.
• magnet coil thermal switch tripped. JJP sent me full new coil assembly at no cost. <1 week.
2nd magnet coil is running like a champ. I thought it fried the other day but then started working again - makes me wonder if the new coil has an auto reset thermal switch? Either that or it didn’t stop working and I was on crack.
• chipped PF at post. For the most part, radio silence from JJP but after 2 weeks and evaluating pics, they sent me the new washer kit. I added mylar ring (purchased separately) and washer.
• left spotlight stopped working. JJP was unclear what was wrong. After a week, I have them a video and we agreed it needed a full replacement. They said it would be an RMA - i.e. I have to send the old back after I got the new one or id have to pay for the new one. They also said they were having supply issues so couldn’t send a new one right away. All in all it took about 3-4 weeks to get the new spotlight and the whole process costed me $0.
The only $ out of my pocket for 8 months of ownership was the $10 expense on Mylar rings.
Game freakin rocks the roof off and is amazing. I personally would go through it all over again if someone asked. But I probably wouldn’t recommend it to others only because the Pinside mob mentality is so scary lol.

Did you read the thread? It is a ton of people giving personal examples of awful quality and lack of support. Glad they hooked you up but I'm not sure why you're dismissive towards everyone else's bad experience.

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

How does JJP just let the consistent threads with hundreds of posts from scores of random customers go without a reply?

Arrogance.

Don't forget, JJP also fired the person who seemed to do the most for customer relations- Butch Peel. The whole company is starting to reek of shady used car salesman tactics.
-Overcharging for shipping on warranty parts- check.
-Jack's eloquent FU message essentially telling a customer "sorry-not sorry-not my problem" for him receiving a used game sold as new-check.
-Refusal to send $2 worth of washers due to supply issues...then directing you to someone who stocks them- Check. A good company would have bought them from pinball life if they had issues getting their own.
-Barry showing up here and throwing shade at a customer because "they only contacted their distributor"- check (we have been programmed to believe this is why distributors exist!!)

I am really starting to question the health of JJP as a whole. These actions are not that of a world class company building toward a future. These are the actions of a company circling the drain and trying to make an extra buck or two before the lights get shut off for good.

#176 2 years ago

Yeah and 4 pages of complaints in under 24hours is saying enough. And for Barry to come in here to take a shit and then leave ?? GTFO

He or jack never even show there face in here saying he we fcuk up what can we do to help?!

I really really want to see what happens when jack shows his face on a pinball show again. Will people suck his wonka bar or give him one up the shabozzle...

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Yeah and 4 pages of complaints in under 24hours is saying enough. And for Barry to come in here to take a shit and then leave ?? GTFO
He or jack never even show there face in here saying he we fcuk up what can we do to help?!
I really really want to see what happens when jack shows his face on a pinball show again. Will people suck his wonka bar or give him one up the shabozzle...

How much ownership does Jack even have anymore? I thought he was just the puppet now.

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

How much ownership does Jack even have anymore? I thought he was just the puppet now.

Correct they have 2 big investors now I think and even some money put in from a distro in Europe. As they already had a injection from money in the 2012-14 when the bussines was not doing well

Its not that I’m not a fan of jjp I own all 6 of there CE machines and some prototypes. But service is just really really shit!

#179 2 years ago

Wow nearly 100 upvotes on this thread not a single down vote . I guess we all should just eat cake .

#180 2 years ago

Haha yes I never seen so many pinsiders agree on something!
Best would be that those 100+ upvoters go to the JJP building and bring the cake

As I’m from the netherlands I can’t hand over the cake ,but I’m willing to pay for the cake

#181 2 years ago

I am not sure about other distributors, but we had a service Board Tech, fixing your IO board is a pce of piss easy, normally just a switch Ic, your distributor is making at least $1,000 US on each game they can at least give you a lens, and fix your IO Board.

I would be looking at what caused the IO board to fail.

#182 2 years ago

i was going to order a GNRLE from pinballstar but purchased a ultraman CE instead i will never buy a JJP with all the current issues they are having and nobody should until they get their act together. i never had a problem with stern when Chas was alive he really went out of his way to help me i hope he made it to pinball heaven he was a great man!

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

It’s their responsibility ESPECIALLY when it’s still under warranty.

Homer was the second owner , so jjp didn't have to do anything .
60 bucks for shipping doesn't seem too bad under the circumstances .

IMG_20210722_221318 (resized).jpgIMG_20210722_221318 (resized).jpg
#184 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

JJP was different back then. I had a WOZ ECLE and the support was good. I did think having the customer disassemble their backbox to replace improperly cut parts was a bit much, but I wanted them to succeed and was willing to take on extra work to relieve them of some costs. They did replace some optos and a prematurely-broken ramp with no fuss.

My "back then" was 2 years ago. I probably am the last guy who bought an RR with the old light boards, thanks to Pinball Company who screwed me over.

But JJP stepped up !

#185 2 years ago

Yes JJP was really good until POTC arrr no code —> BONKA rimple Wonka —>GN to Broken Roses —> WE DON’T GIVE A F is i guess the new machine

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

WE DON’T GIVE A F is i guess the new machine

In on a CE when they announce!

#187 2 years ago

Been on pinside for many years and have read most of the JJP threads. I have seen the ebb and flow of sentiment towards JJP. What would be one of my biggest concerns is that many of JJP biggest supporters over the years have now taken a much more jilted view of JJP. They need to seriously review their pr strategy and address these issues publicly. Have a gnr being delivered next week and the best to hope for is fingers crossed? Cautiously optimistic.

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Damn, what a piece of shit they sent you...did anything in the game last more than a few weeks?

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Damn, what a piece of shit they sent you...did anything in the game last more than a few weeks?

The multiballs. Heyo!!!!!

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hehe!

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Whahahahahha

#193 2 years ago

But all jokes aside.... BarryJ got anything to say now? Or you still busy with all the voicemails and the outstanding service that takes your time away from this awesome forum with people that pay your salary because without us you did not even had a job ..... which you suck @ !?

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Multimorphic has the best warranty and support in the industry right now.

I really want to try one of these out .Cdd as my find any in my area to play .

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

But all jokes aside.... BarryJ got anything to say now? Or you still busy with all the voicemails and the outstanding service that takes your time away from this awesome forum with people that pay your salary because without us you did not even had a job ..... which you suck @ !?

Sorry but that is a bit over the top and unnecessarily personal. One guy answering 10,000 complaint calls and having to follow company mandates does not make that his choice. That’s a company fail not Barry. Hate on the company but flogging a guy doing the best he can is just unnecessary.

#196 2 years ago
20210722_083920 (resized).jpg20210722_083920 (resized).jpg
#197 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Gee, I wonder why all the manufacturers stay away from Pinside.

Barry is a stand up dude, but even the best customer service rep can’t stop bad company choices in resourcing

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I understand your frustration but I don't think it is right ganging up one CS guy. I am sure he is just trying to do his job.

#199 2 years ago

Cmon now I’m getting personal!? He was the one we never heard about in the last months/years while we suffer from our 10000 dollar games being damaged and now he swoops in to this topic to save the day?! Where was he in all the other topics where people crying there eyes out seeing 100000 of dollars flush down the drain .OMG da fack is up with this place. Sometimes looks like a jerry springer show

And I don’t want to attack Barry personal I want also jack and all the other assholes but they don’t have an account or else I would talked the same way to them.

Even crazy r is that mods are saying to me that I have to be friendly and don’t insult other people. Well he’ll have you ever seen the topic of pinball pre orders where taken and people did not get there money back?! That’s even worse then I’m now putting out here and it’s the same deal. JJP steals your money and getting away with it

#200 2 years ago

Yeah man I don't think personally attacking the (only?) person that's trying to help is the way to go. Based on his track record, I feel like Barry is probably doing the best he can with the policies in place at JJP.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 49.99
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/4?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.