tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

The OP never reached out to us, he "only talked" to his distributor.
Your analogy needs some work.

Many others have reached out and got nothing in return. Personally you informed me in February that Jen would reach out "in 4-6 weeks" to return my game for refund due to a defective playfield. I never received a follow up, and decided to sell my game on my own, at a loss.

I know at that point its out of your hands, but the fact remains the customer service from your company is piss poor lately. Ghosting people who contact you about playfields, offering some customers post kits/washer kits but not others, changing the verbiage of your warranty to all but exclude playfields, etc.

The customer service at your company needs just as much work as any analogy some random person on pinside is making.

Not trying to attack you personally, but lets not pretend there isnt a serious issue right now with customer service.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'd you don't like his analogies, I can send you a few washers to put over them.

I spit my drink out laughing at this... comment of the year here lol

#103 2 years ago

I hope JJP is listening to all of this negativity on pinside. I’m fairly new to this hobby, my first machine I purchased was a Stern Gotg in March 2019. Since then I purchased 5 more stern titles and yes I’m hooked. I was looking to purchase a 7th machine something other than a Stern and I really wanted a JJP GNR drove to the closest Distributor near me to play it with my wife beside me. Once there we flipped the GNR for all but 20 seconds the ball got stuck in the guitar lock. The machine went into find the ball mode and it did not release the ball. Sales person removed the glass and freed up the ball and We began to play it again. Once again the ball got stuck in the guitar lock. My wife looked at me and said no, no and no. We will not be getting a GNR. Yes I know it’s a quick fix but it made for a unpleasant experience playing the game for the first time. Happy wife=happy life. In the end I did purchase a 7th machine and Spooky did earn my money(Halloween CE). Between that first bad experience playing a GNR and all the negativity I’ve been reading on pinside about costumer service and playfield issues it did steer me away from them. Hopefully JJP is listening and they will improve on there Customer service and QC. I think I made the better choice purchasing my first non stern game. So hyped about Spooky’s Halloween CE. CAN’T WAIT!! Lol.

#104 2 years ago

I want to say something... but at the same time I dont want to be on the JJP hit list, because I really want a BTTF CE.
Ugh.. maybe Im just a wuss. JJP please help the OP he sounds like a nice man... thanks.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

My Hobbit is rock solid, reliable and beautiful.

My Dialed In and Wonka both have great playfields and work flawlessly!
I can see the pile on effect for sure.
I don’t quite understand why Stern fans get so much joy from this?
Jack is the guy that made Stern step up their game!

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I tried calling but no answer.

Since he has a pinside account maybe PM him. I bet he got blown up with calls since posting his number.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My Dialed In and Wonka both have great playfields and work flawlessly!
I can see the pile on effect for sure.

My Wonka had tons of issues out of box until I fixed it up which took forever...

This was started by a guy who buys JJP product not a "Stern fan"

JJP has some issues they need to address like any other company.

You sound like a cult member where they can do no wrong but there is no lack of threads to the contrary.... half this site is JJP playfield bitching.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Hello,
Please call me at 331.223.9396.
I would like to get more info on this.
Thank you,
Barry Engler
Service Manager

This really scares me.

I am an account manager for a multi national that has over 1000 clients purchasing from me all the time. I can tell you where every warranty claim is and what the warranty claim is about. I can tell you the customers name, date they purchased, what they purchased, and details of the warranty claim. I can tell you where they are up to in their claim and what the outcome is. We do not even have a ticket system. This goes for our re sellers (distributers) as well.

If you cannot find this guy yourself, you either have too many warranty claims that are not sorted correctly and/or have completely disregarded this person and are only reacting to the public outcry on Pinside and doing damage control for yourself and JJP. Every warranty claim that was not handled correctly and rejected will be rearing its ugly head on Pinside and social media. I sincerely hope you are prepared for this.

Nothing personal, I feel that you are a great person doing their best to make good a really bad situation. I cannot say the same about JJP.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

The OP never reached out to us, he "only talked" to his distributor.
Your analogy needs some work.

This is comical. I called my JJP distributor who talked to you who then presented me with the same solution you originally offered when we talked. Are you suggesting your distributors don't represent you? I've always worked thru my distributor for issues. If that's not the right method then I wasn't aware.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I tried calling but no answer.

Did you leave a message? This is really important. How would he know who you are and why you are ringing.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Did you leave a message? This is really important. How would he know who you are and why you are ringing.

We spoke already.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

We spoke already.

That is awesome. Please let us know how you go. There is plenty of interest in your outcome.

Well done!

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I want to say something... but at the same time I dont want to be on the JJP hit list, because I really want a BTTF CE.
Ugh.. maybe Im just a wuss. JJP please help the OP he sounds like a nice man... thanks.

JJP is making Back to the Future next?

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s not just Stern fans, and I get no joy from seeing my friends get screwed.

Quoted from romulusx:

This is the Pinside lie of the decade.

#115 2 years ago

I thought that was SUPPOSED to be the process? Speak to your distributor first? Mine had me submit a ticket and I was able to take it from there…. Eventually

Quoted from Deez:

This is comical. I called my JJP distributor who talked to you who then presented me with the same solution you originally offered when we talked. Are you suggesting your distributors don't represent you? I've always worked thru my distributor for issues. If that's not the right method then I wasn't aware.

#116 2 years ago

Huge JJP fan here but even I can admit that their customer service and warranty policies of late have been terrible. Recently read in the GNR owners group about a LE owner being told by JJP to go buy the post fix kit from Pinball Life versus JJP sending it out for free...ridiculous on a $10k+ pinball purchase of all things.

JJP will save money in the short term with these practices but in the long run they will lose as many of the affected customers will never return.

This is all a shame too as I still believe they are making the most loaded, deep, and fun pins out there.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Same. I cant think of a stern issue that I had that wasn't resolved. And I'm not a company boot lick, just pointing out facts.

They send you an unpopulated playfield if you have significant pooling and chipping issues. We’ve been trained to think that is an acceptable solution but it simply is not.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

oh, please. if Jack didn't enter the market, your only NIB option in 2021 would be CSI: Vault Edition, with incandescent lights and a Dot Matrix Display. And maybe they'd be putting the finishing touches on Wheel of Fortune code.

Love or hate JJP, credit where credit is due.

#121 2 years ago

I'm not buying any more JJP games, DAMN IT, until my game is ready to ship in several months!! And I definitely won't put my name on a list for Toy Story until my distributor starts a list and can take them!! That'll show 'em!!

The problem is, pinball machines are like crack.. so to those that can resist, more power to ya...

#122 2 years ago

I love Dialed In, and Zardoz (some of you will get that joke), but the way I see it, Stern was it for a long while. Only kid on the block. Then a new guy from Jersey, Springsteen territory enters. Kicks ass like the Boss. Then suddenly all these little shoots start popping up all over the planet. They grow to plants then flowers then into real machines. Takes a share of the market away from JJP. Maybe they are scrambling to stay alive.

#123 2 years ago

YeOldPinPlayer why did you downvote my blank post #120?? at least give me the the opportunity to say something stupid, before you hate on it. trust me, they'll be plenty of chances.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

oh, please. if Jack didn't enter the market, your only NIB option in 2021 would be CSI: Vault Edition, with incandescent lights and a Dot Matrix Display. And maybe they'd be putting the finishing touches on Wheel of Fortune code.

Yeah I don’t think that would be the case at all. Maybe it pushed stern to get to LCD screens sooner, but that’s about it.

I got into pinball ownership along with lots of others shortly after WOZ came out, but I think it’s more to do with the resurgence of location pinball, and the generation that was raised by the golden age of pinball generation, getting pinball buying money.

You still never see JJPs on location ten plus years later. The increased demand put more money into sterns pockets, increasing budgets and the end product we see now is the result of that.

We got all those stripped down games because there was simply no money to get anything better. Stern would’ve folded long ago.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

My Wonka had tons of issues out of box until I fixed it up which took forever...
You sound like a cult member where they can do no wrong but there is no lack of threads to the contrary.... half this site is JJP playfield bitching.

Damn man pump those brakes already.I was just making the point that all JJP games aren’t shit.I have always said JJP needs to step up and fix this fucking playfield problem.They need to cancel all contracts with these Mirc assholes who just keep screwing up and hire the best playfield manufacture they can find!Cult really man I don’t think so but I do think you’ll find out shortly that there will be changes soon.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

RIP your voice mailbox.

FC1D14B9-D328-45A1-A8CC-B1F11016DAF3.gifFC1D14B9-D328-45A1-A8CC-B1F11016DAF3.gif
#127 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

YeOldPinPlayer why did you downvote my blank post #120??

"Why was I downvoted" is such a timeless question with a variety of answers.
Maybe I wish start a blood feud, insulting your ancestry past and future because your post angered me for perfectly good reasons that make sense to no one but me.

Or maybe I just don't like dots. Hey, makes as much sense as some of the other stuff posted today.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

YeOldPinPlayer why did you downvote my blank post #120?? at least give me the the opportunity to say something stupid, before you hate on it. trust me, they'll be plenty of chances.

I upvoted because sometimes it’s better to not say anything at all

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I agree totally. No genuine person in this hobby wants to see anyone get screwed. The more happy people we have in this hobby the better.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Lie of the decade?Bullshit!I was going to shows at the time all this evolved and when JJP came out Stern noticed and picked up their game.Competition makes everybody work harder!!!!

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Lie of the decade?Bullshit!I was going to shows at the time all this evolved and when JJP came out Stern noticed and picked up their game.Competition makes everybody work harder!!!!

Yep that's how they released Led Zep, when JJP came up with GNR

#132 2 years ago

I'm really surprised to hear the warranty support can so bad for JJP. I haven't read the whole thread but is this the general experience for JJP owners, or limited cases?

Again, not to big up Stern too much, but one of the reasons I like to buy them is simply because the support (at least here from my distributor) really is superb. An example - last time I had an issue with Ghostbusters, I reported the problem (flippers not working) - less than an hour later a new node board had been overnighted free of charge just in case it was a node board issue. Then the service manager had emailed me and walked me through exactly what to check, how to do it, and any tools I might need. He also checked to see if I wanted a tech to come out and do all this instead. That's just one example - I've had other issues where the support and parts replacement has been equally amazing.

Long story short, I feel like if I ever have a problem it will never be an issue and will be sorted extremely quickly, and it really does lean me towards buying from them. It's really important - especially in pinball where the likelihood of something breaking/failing is pretty high.

(I would add that I'm super keen to own a JJP at some point - all of their games look incredible. I'm also getting a Spooky Halloween so will be good to see what that experience is like from a customer perspective).

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

lol. The only thing Jack did was show Stern that people are willing to pay higher prices for pinball machines. I was buying NIB machines before JJP even existed. Stern is a juggernaut and has a monopoly on the hobby. Stern has never considered JJP a serious threat or rival to their business and I highly doubt Gary has ever said we need to make changes to keep up with JJP. The only change they seen was the need to start charging more for less. In Stern's eyes JJP is a boutique company and cannot even come close to their production numbers or market share.

#134 2 years ago

These JJP GNR Blanket IG comments are priceless

794D9581-BD72-4555-B74B-9785F6AE483D (resized).png794D9581-BD72-4555-B74B-9785F6AE483D (resized).png
#135 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm really surprised to hear the warranty support can so bad for JJP.

Putting the "Jersey" in Jersey Jack Pinball I suppose.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I upvoted because sometimes it’s better to not say anything at all

ain't that some gospel! you can't make a comment in this thread without triggering a bunch of downvotes, or a bunch of upvotes. peoples emotions about a niche toy are like the volatility of the crypto market.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

ain't that some gospel! you can't make a comment in this thread without triggering a bunch of downvotes, or a bunch of upvotes.

We're introducing side votes next week

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

credit where credit is due.

Yes, I credit Stern for releasing Metallica the same time JJP was getting their legs under them with WOZ. Killer game.

#139 2 years ago

I’ve never understood why some parts are so difficult to obtain from the manufactures. If I want to buy a playfield even if they don’t offer me one, why is it not obtainable? It’s a constant back and forth. Most of these problems would be solved by simply having available parts for people to buy. For example:

My playfield is falling apart.
We don’t cover that.
You should.
We will see what we can do. It is going to take forever.
Can I purchase one from you?
No.
Why not?
No response

Better solution
My playfield is horrible.
We don’t cover that under warranty.
Can I buy one?
Yes that part is available.
Great, I’ll order it. You should fix this the right way, but at least I now have the option of fixing it.

Best solution 1
Fix the playfield problem.

Best solution 2
Include a blank playfield with all new games.

#140 2 years ago

This is what happens when you move out of Jersey. We got voodoo dolls for people and companies who abandon us...

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Ok, but would it cost like $5000 msrp? And be only one version? And what would the used market look like?

I definitely don’t think JJP is entirely responsible for the ridiculous explosion of high end machines and price inflation, but they contributed for sure. And I say this as someone who owns a (used) JJP.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So in order to get proper service from JJP, one should post a thread here to get your attention?
Seems an awfully roundabout way to take care of your customers, but whatever works...

Geez, let him try to make it right.

What’s the warranty on boards anyways? 90 days NIB right?

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

lol. The only thing Jack did was show Stern that people are willing to pay higher prices for pinball machines. I was buying NIB machines before JJP even existed. Stern is a juggernaut and has a monopoly on the hobby. Stern has never considered JJP a serious threat or rival to their business and I highly doubt Gary has ever said we need to make changes to keep up with JJP. The only change they seen was the need to start charging more for less. In Stern's eyes JJP is a boutique company and cannot even come close to their production numbers or market share.

Oh please. I’m done with Stern, their machines are crap compared to JJP, AP and Spooky.

Every Spike Stern I’ve bought, about 5 of them have had issues and needed major dialing in.

Without JJP, we would still have DMD’s. They changed the game

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm really surprised to hear the warranty support can so bad for JJP. I haven't read the whole thread but is this the general experience for JJP owners, or limited cases?
Again, not to big up Stern too much, but one of the reasons I like to buy them is simply because the support (at least here from my distributor) really is superb. An example - last time I had an issue with Ghostbusters, I reported the problem (flippers not working) - less than an hour later a new node board had been overnighted free of charge just in case it was a node board issue. Then the service manager had emailed me and walked me through exactly what to check, how to do it, and any tools I might need. He also checked to see if I wanted a tech to come out and do all this instead. That's just one example - I've had other issues where the support and parts replacement has been equally amazing.
Long story short, I feel like if I ever have a problem it will never be an issue and will be sorted extremely quickly, and it really does lean me towards buying from them. It's really important - especially in pinball where the likelihood of something breaking/failing is pretty high.
(I would add that I'm super keen to own a JJP at some point - all of their games look incredible. I'm also getting a Spooky Halloween so will be good to see what that experience is like from a customer perspective).

I will not diminish what the OP says, but I have 2 JJP games a WOZ and a DI.

WOZ caused me a lot of issues in the first year, I constantly solicited JJP services and had an awesome experience with them, they spent countless hours with me on the phone, sent me parts for free, additional spares for free it's been amazing.

I can't say anything about DI because the game has been rock solid since Day 1, I actually never lifted the playfield

So my experience with JJP is beyond great

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

What issues with Wonka?

I got it NIB and only issue was upping the GB mech to 22 on settings. Easy fix.

I’ve heard of no other issues with Wonka.

Damn, the Stern fanboys are coming out of the woodwork. Hope your having fun with your LZ’s.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I'm so mad about it because I want a GnR, I've got a line on a gently used one in decent shape. But I'm so so nervous. I don't trust it. Might as well be buying an 80's Gottlieb. Same level of support. I don't think I'm ready for that for a $10,000 machine.

Don’t. You may be expensively disappointed. Trust your gut!

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Oh please. I’m done with Stern, their machines are crap compared to JJP, AP and Spooky.
Every Spike Stern I’ve bought, about 5 of them have had issues and needed major dialing in.
Without JJP, we would still have DMD’s. They changed the game

Dialing in games is part of owning them. Also, I guess I’m in the minority here, but dmds are just fine. LCDs look cool, but they don’t really add that much. Pinball is about what the actual pinball actually touches.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Dialing in games is part of owning them. Also, I guess I’m in the minority here, but dmds are just fine. LCDs look cool, but they don’t really add that much. Pinball is about what the actual pinball actually touches.

No doubt, I love DMD’s too, but LCD’s have added to the exploding popularity of pins, the casuals who come over are more drawn to them at my house.

My fave pin of all time is a DMD, but LCD’s, if done right add a ton to the immersion.

#149 2 years ago

It's unfortunate the OP had such a bad experience with JJP.

I had an issue with my Willy Wonka LE where the screen wouldn't turn on when I booted the machine. I figured it was the actual monitor. So I contacted Barry Engler and he sent me a new replacement LCD screen free of charge, all I had to do was pay the shipping costs ($60.00). The game works like a charm now and has no issues. Yes, my game was still under warranty. So for me personally the JJP customer support was outstanding.

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

my game was still under warranty.

And you still had to pay $60 shipping? Geez, I would think they would of sent it out free of charge with a return label to send the bad one back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
8,400 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/3?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.