tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 31.
#1401 2 years ago

My thought was more simple... No external techs, just extended warranty through the mftr... extended Access to replacement parts and tech support for a number of years over the standard warranty... extra money at time of sale.

If the home user, which is the majority of clients these days, is unable to work on their own machine they would be responsible for finding a tech (local distro?) And potentially the only cost to them would be the labor if problems were with parts that are covered under the extended warranty.

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Jack mis-spoke, no question, but your analogy is incorrect. He was saying that people were removing parts from the playfield causing more problems.

Ok, I can buy that. To which I would (generally, not directly at you, Reznnate) retort: If the product was superior, especially given how they led the way in "jacking" up the price over and over again, there'd be no need for him to make such a ludicrous claim.

He better have some empirical, correlation and causation evidence before he goes shooting the company in the face by blaming the customer base. SPOILER alert: he didn't. He popped off watching a handful of people dismantling their GNR games on YT as they - the paying customer - attempted to determine the main core of the problem. If I recall correctly, one of the main conclusions drawn was the holes were WAY too big for the hardware being installed, which led to excess vibrational energy transferring from the hardware to the clear and artwork, ultimately damaging the PF.

Video explanation here:

That being said, this YT comment especially made me laugh:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1403 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Ok, I can buy that. To which I would (generally, not directly at you, Reznnate) retort: If the product was superior, especially given how they led the way in "jacking" up the price over and over again, there'd be no need for him to make such a ludicrous claim.
He better have some empirical, correlation and causation evidence before he goes shooting the company in the face by blaming the customer base. SPOILER alert: he didn't. He popped off watching a handful of people dismantling their GNR games on YT as they - the paying customer - attempted to determine the main core of the problem. If I recall correctly, one of the main conclusions drawn was the holes were WAY too big for the hardware being installed, which led to excess vibrational energy transferring from the hardware to the clear and artwork, ultimately damaging the PF.
Video explanation here:

[quoted image]

This is interesting to me. Does anyone know if an adjustment has been made in the manufacturing process to mitigate this risk? Or did it fall on deaf ears w/JJP?

#1404 2 years ago

Mirco Made his clearcoat less then it was so less pooling, clear is still soft tho …. So woodgrain and inserts are more visible now

#1405 2 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

This is interesting to me. Does anyone know if an adjustment has been made in the manufacturing process to mitigate this risk? Or did it fall on deaf ears w/JJP?

They prolly ain't going to say nothing at official JJP HQ. If they haven't fixed the problem yet and acknowledge the holes being too big, it'll show they don't know how to fix the root issue.

Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool then to open your mouth and confirm it or something like that.

#1406 2 years ago

Has the changed warranty not covering playfields slowed down G&R sales?

What percentage of pinball machine buyers are on pinside?

#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Has the changed warranty not covering playfields slowed down G&R sales?
What percentage of pinball machine buyers are on pinside?

I am not sure NIB sales have slowed much, but I am seeing quite a few used ones popping up for sale near me lately.

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am not sure NIB sales have slowed much, but I am seeing quite a few used ones popping up for sale near me lately.

Typical...
On Day 1 it's "OMG - this is the greatest machine ever made!"
On Day 100 it's "FS : low plays, amazing condition, almost new".

#1409 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Typical...
On Day 1 it's "OMG - this is the greatest machine ever made!"
On Day 100 it's "FS : low plays, amazing condition, almost new".

Most owners would ditch the pin if it starts to chip all to hell. Regardless of how good the pin is.

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Most owners would ditch the pin if it starts to chip all to hell. Regardless of how good the pin is.

Oh yeah people are selling GNRs left and right basically giving them away !

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

That's a pretty broad generalization.

Some folks are about the appearance of their pins, and some are about playing them.

#1412 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh yeah people are selling GNRs left and right basically giving them away !

There are way more GNR’s for sale than Hobbit right now for example. But you’re right in todays market they certainly don’t need to give them away.

#1413 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Some folks are about the appearance of their pins, and some are about playing them.

This is also true. Some don’t care about playfield quality.

#1414 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And a lot of us are about both.
It shouldn’t have to be one or the other, especially at 10K plus.

#1415 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

There are way more GNR’s for sale than Hobbit right now for example. But you’re right in todays market they certainly don’t need to give them away.

The Hobbit is such a collectible work of art. I love owning it. They have made way more GNRs so probably will always be more floating around for sale.

#1416 2 years ago

From my count pinside ads have about 30 gnr for sale ads between se,ce,le. Yet there are still people waiting for their ones they ordered a year ago, i guess non refundable deposits keep the buyers in line.

#1417 2 years ago

No difference in other new pins. Most want the latest greatest shiny thing then move on. No way my gnr is going away any time soon.

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

From my count pinside ads have about 30 gnr for sale ads between se,ce,le. Yet there are still people waiting for their ones they ordered a year ago, i guess non refundable deposits keep the buyers in line.

nope, guess again ... why do you care, exactly?

#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

...I guess non refundable deposits keep the buyers in line.

I think that's Spooky, not JJP?

#1420 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

nope, guess again ... why do you care, exactly?

He cares because he had a GNR with a borked playfield. He's pissed, and he has a right to be.

I'm the one that doesn't care.

#1421 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He cares because he had a GNR with a borked playfield. He's pissed, and he has a right to be.
I'm the one that doesn't care.

Yup
I see. PTSD. I'm sorry that happened.
Past tense "had" means it's just a bad memory hopefully. It definitely appears the ones they are putting out since July-ish are the most stable and trouble free.... I know I'm stirring things up saying that but it's true.

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yup
I see. PTSD. I'm sorry that happened.
Past tense "had" means it's just a bad memory hopefully. It definitely appears the ones they are putting out since July-ish are the most stable and trouble free.... I know I'm stirring things up saying that but it's true.

What, insulting a guy that's pissed and telling everyone things are back to normal, even though this has been said over and over spanning the last three releases over several years? Nah, you're not stirring anything up.

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

What, insulting a guy that's pissed and telling everyone things are back to normal, even though this has been said over and over spanning the last three releases over several years? Nah, you're not stirring anything up.

You embellished a bit, minced words, and changed some context, but I know what you mean.

#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You embellished a bit, minced words, and changed some context, but I know what you mean.

I was smart enough to sell right away, next up pooling , chipping toy story. I still believe they will go under with the economic downturn thats coming. I also believe parts wont be available for Woz, hobbits and the such, those games will be unplayable pieces of art. Ask anyone that needs a power supply for An early WOZ, or light boards etc etc.

#1425 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I still believe they will go under with the economic downturn thats coming. I also believe parts wont be available for Woz, hobbits and the such, those games will be unplayable pieces of art. Ask anyone that needs a power supply for An early WOZ, or light boards etc etc.

Lol , people have been saying that since they were selling WOZ for a loss .

#1426 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I was smart enough to sell right away, next up pooling , chipping toy story. I still believe they will go under with the economic downturn thats coming. I also believe parts wont be available for Woz, hobbits and the such, those games will be unplayable pieces of art. Ask anyone that needs a power supply for An early WOZ, or light boards etc etc.

JJP is going out of business again? If I had a $1 for every time someone said that I would have enough cash to buy one of those $10,500 Stern LE's.

How in the world are people still getting parts for 20+ year old Bally Williams games? That can't be true.

#1427 2 years ago

They'll likely survive, but to say they won't feel the QC/support issues isn't realistic.

#1428 2 years ago

Obviously this post was started by someone that was upset by the way they were treated. Im also not happy with the way i was treated. Maybe someone should do a poll, will you ever buy a JJP product again, im sure the votes for will continue buying will outweigh those that wont buy again but the fact that anyone wont ever buy a JJP product again should be concerning.

#1429 2 years ago

#1430 2 years ago

Has anyone heard of JPP is doing anything? I am sure they have had internal meetings on this subject

#1431 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If I had a $1 for every time someone said that I would have enough cash to buy one of those $10,500 Stern LE's.

you are $600 short

#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Has anyone heard of JPP is doing anything? I am sure they have had internal meetings on this subject

About what? This thread is a dinosaur... It's like talking about last Winters weather report this winter.

#1433 2 years ago

Is this still a continuing problem? I take delivery in 3 weeks lol. Hoping it’s sorted by now.

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

About what? This thread is a dinosaur... It's like talking about last Winters weather report this winter.

No not a dinosaur, I have pool spots on my oct build. Tiny, but on the posts with no washers under em. Fixed now hopefully. Look at yours with gane off, with a flashlight and you'll see

#1435 2 years ago

And before the I buy em to play em people start, I'm just trying to prevent further damage. Not concerned, 500 plays in first month of owning, with no thoughts of selling

#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Less than a year on here and you've come to the rescue to tell us that all is well.

LOL is an understatement.

#1437 2 years ago

I would be upset about any chipping but pooling doesn’t bother me as much. I don’t have either on my WW Oct21 build. The washers don’t bother me either.

#1438 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I would be upset about any chipping but pooling doesn’t bother me as much. I don’t have either on my WW Oct21 build. The washers don’t bother me either.

I have some games with pooling, its slight, but my GNRLE was chipping, and the washers weren’t enough. If it was just pooling i would have been fine with it, but missing art and clear down to wood, not so much. The more i played the worse it got, so I stopped playing it and sold it, JJP support is crappy at best, i had many mechanical issues, emails to tech support sometimes didnt get a response for 7 days.

#1439 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I have some games with pooling, its slight, but my GNRLE was chipping, and the washers weren’t enough. If it was just pooling i would have been fine with it, but missing art and clear down to wood, not so much. The more i played the worse it got, so I stopped playing it and sold it, JJP support is crappy at best, i had many mechanical issues, emails to tech support sometimes didnt get a response for 7 days.

If email isn't working, why not pick up the phone?

The last 3 times I called JJP support the phone was answered and very timely support was given. The parts were shipped more efficiently than my recent experiences with Stern (who often insists customers go through their distributor, which can add speed bumps).

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Less than a year on here and you've come to the rescue to tell us that all is well.

Bingo.

#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If email isn't working, why not pick up the phone?
The last 3 times I called JJP support the phone was answered and very timely support was given. The parts were shipped more efficiently than my recent experiences with Stern (who often insists customers go through their distributor, which can add speed bumps).

There was numerous phone calls, and numerous emails that went on for 5 months. Bottom line was in my case they wouldnt make good on a warranty that was clearly a manufacturer’s defect. This thread was starting by someone that felt wronged, many have commented they were wronged also and will never by JJP again. That should be concerning to JJP and to anyone else that wants them to survive.

Bingo.

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Why would that surprise you? Hobbit has been out of production for years, and will probably never be built again. There are many people who buy new games sight unseen, play them for a few months and move onto the next title. GNR pricing won't stabilize until JJP moves onto to their next title.

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Video explanation here:

[quoted image]

Good lord, not this stupid video again. This has been debunked time and time again. Its not the reason for chipping.

#1443 2 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Quoted from Vespula:

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Read it again, maybe more slowly. I put the flow up there ^^ for you.
You will see I never said, stated, nor implied "all is well" or anything of the sort.

I am not sure how you derived from my post I said "all is well" - I didn't - those are your words.
If you continue to read posts without comprehension, then change the context, or add/subtract words and then reply to imaginary statements which never existed, then erroneous and irrelevant responses like yours will continue to be the result. If you care, you can go back and read what I am talking about as many times as it takes you to "get it."

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It definitely appears the ones they are putting out since July-ish are the most stable and trouble free.... I know I'm stirring things up saying that but it's true.

#1445 2 years ago

There you go again. No relevance, out of context, nothing but a snip of what I said from a completely different conversation. Proves my previous point perfectly.

I am guessing you're either in politics or mainstream media, or maybe both.

#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

There you go again. No relevance, out of context, nothing but a snip of what I said from a completely different conversation. Proves my previous point perfectly.
I am guessing you're either in politics or mainstream media, or maybe both.

Let. It. Go.

#1447 2 years ago

I'm done.
The truth is there for those with eyes that can see.
Thx HF.

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm done.
The truth is there for those with eyes that can see.
Thx HF.

I have a friend that received and oct 2021 build and his doesn’t have the same poor quality mine had, when i look at his the difference is obvious. This means JJP corrected some problems, but left earlier buyers holding the Bag. I was made whole by selling my game while the buying frenzy was still happening, going in i didnt think there was any risk because JJP had a reputation for-making good on warranty for defects,I found thats no longer true,in fact i have done many In home field repairs on their new games to support them and the customer experience. in fact they changed their warranty to exclude playfield defects. Theres not a chance I will ever buy a JJP game new or used, they are no longer a company with any sort of integrity, its now money over all else. I do however still do in home service on their games.

#1449 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The truth is there for those with eyes that can see

black-preacher.gifblack-preacher.gif

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I have a friend that received and oct 2021 build and his doesn’t have the same poor quality mine had, when i look at his the difference is obvious. This means JJP corrected some problems, but left earlier buyers holding the Bag. I was made whole by selling my game while the buying frenzy was still happening, going in i didnt think there was any risk because JJP had a reputation for-making good on warranty for defects,I found thats no longer true,in fact i have done many In home field repairs on their new games to support them and the customer experience. in fact they changed their warranty to exclude playfield defects. Theres not a chance I will ever buy a JJP game new or used, they are no longer a company with any sort of integrity, its now money over all else. I do however still do in home service on their games.

Man, I probably would have done the same thing in your shoes. Thats the truth. My experience with a November 2021 build does not mirror yours. I have no stake in JJP as a company, but I wanted the pin - for me it was a blessing it took 11 months to ship.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.