tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 31.
#1301 2 years ago

I have 4 Jjp pins no major issues. Grateful LTG has been able to help me with a few minor things on pinside.

#1302 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Could you please try not acting like a child?

I highly recommend the ignore feature. Works great!

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:I highly recommend the ignore feature. Works great!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0f1365f841e08e640bd06b7bdf71061799b36ca1-1640996046-1800"};
//]]>

Have to agree. This thread has been wonderful for months.

#1304 2 years ago

For the new yeari thought I'd remind everyone, including mods, that Odin was banned from not only multiple threads but entire topics for much less than this.

#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For the new yeari thought I'd remind everyone, including mods, that Odin was banned from not only multiple threads but entire topics for much less than this.

....................................................^^^^

What is "this" and whom should be banned for the alleged "this" ? I don't want to go back and read, don't know the score or who's turn it is on this thread aanymore..

#1306 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
#1307 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But some people quickly forget all the problems Stern has had in the past (splitting cabinets, anyone?). Every company has its hiccups

I haven't forgotten. But lets face facts here.
Stern does fix seriously bad PFs. They do make an attempt to not ship garbage.
JJP on the other hand decides after 3-4 generations of machines that they can't fix the clear coat problems all the other vendors have fixed.
Instead; they choose to ship washers and then not warranty the PF for any length of time.
That isn't a hiccup; that is a out right slap in the face of the customer and damn shady business practices.

#1308 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

JJP on the other hand decides after 3-4 generations of machines that they can't fix the clear coat problems all the other vendors have fixed.
Instead; they choose to ship washers and then not warranty the PF for any length of time.
That isn't a hiccup; that is a out right slap in the face of the customer and damn shady business practices.

Stern purposely cuts corners and somehow manages to make a somewhat decent product that they generally support.

Jjp tries to make the best product and somehow manages to repeatedly fuck up the process, which has led them to abandoning support altogether.

Stern is by far the better poison.

#1309 2 years ago

Seems the whole not putting the art next to the posts fixed the issue for stern. Surprised JJP hasn't just followed suit.

#1310 2 years ago

Have they released their next game? So, we don't know the answer to that yet.

#1311 2 years ago

FWIW my GnR playfield is still perfect

#1312 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

So is my WoZ playfield

#1313 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

How many plays does it have? I've never seen one with a perfect playfield.

#1314 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

How many plays does it have? I've never seen one with a perfect playfield.

I'm not denying there are issues, but for me I've not seen a JJP machine with any issues, just the pictures on pinside. My WOZ, Wonka and Hobbit have been perfect. The GNR on location didn't have any pooling or chipping that I could see.

#1315 2 years ago

I’ll take my GnR with some minor pooling over the wood grain I keep getting on Stern playfields, like on my GZLE. GnR looks incredible by comparison. I’ll pick up the extra playfield for GnR just in case but doubt it will need to be used for a long time. As far as support goes, JJP has been extremely responsive and fast for me. The controller board came loose and a capacitor was knocked off from the upper flipper bracket, immediate replacement. The linkages broke for the spotlight vertical movements, immediately replaced. Ken Holland has been excellent, Barry Engler the same on my last JJPOTC.

#1316 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

look a lot of what you say is true however Stern has known for how long about their crappy coil stops and yet never do a thing about them? This should be a very easy fix compared to the problems with JJP playfields. Neither have done anything...yet

#1317 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I hope people reading this understand that you have ZERO experience as a JJP customer and that you’re basing your opinion on information that you’ve selectively picked from the internet.

To add, Stern does not warranty its playfields:

STERN PINBALL INC LIMITED WARRANTY
Stern Pinball Inc (‘SELLER’) warrants only to the initial purchaser of its products that the items listed below are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the warranty period specified:
• Printed circuit boards (game logic): 2 months
• Dot Matrix / LCD Display: 9 months
No other parts of seller’s product are warranted.
Warranty periods are effective from the initial date of shipment from seller to its authorized distributors.
Seller’s sole liability shall be, at its option, to repair or replace products which are returned to seller during the warranty periods specified, provided:
1. Seller is notified promptly upon discovery by purchaser that stated products are defective.
2. Such products are properly packaged and then returned freight prepaid, to seller’s plant.
This warranty does not apply to any parts damaged during shipment and/or due to improper handling, or due to improper installation or usage, or alteration. In no event shall the seller be liable for
any anticipated profits, loss of profits, loss of use, accidental or consequential damages, or any other losses incurred by the customer in connection with the purchase of a Stern Pinball Inc Product.

#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I’ll take my GnR with some minor pooling over the wood grain I keep getting on Stern playfields, like on my GZLE. GnR looks incredible by comparison. I’ll pick up the extra playfield for GnR just in case but doubt it will need to be used for a long time. As far as support goes, JJP has been extremely responsive and fast for me. The controller board came loose and a capacitor was knocked off from the upper flipper bracket, immediate replacement. The linkages broke for the spotlights vertical movements, immediately replaced. Ken Holland has been excellent, Barry Engler the same on my last JJPOTC.
[quoted image]

I forgot about that rippling wood grain. First time I saw it was on a Deadpool. Although it might not necessarily cause chipping or pooling it does NOT look nice.

#1319 2 years ago

FWIW - our GNRCE playfield is perfect (although we only have 35 plays and I'm scared to play it; so there's that component). WOZ and Hobbit are both perfect and when reaching out to Lloyd or others at JJP, their service has been top notch. While I think the way they have handled the GNR playfield mess is pretty jacked up, I'm hoping they apply the learnings to Toy Story and make improvements.

Stern replaced our GBLE playfield with a populated perfect example in late 2017 and their service was exceptional.

IMO, JJP should replace defective playfields as customers paid for a NIB defect free product and did not receive what they paid for.

#1320 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I hope people reading this understand that you have ZERO experience as a JJP customer and that you’re basing your opinion on information that you’ve selectively picked from the internet.

I hope people reading this understand that zit is an experienced pinball guy and most people complaining have serious issues with their 10k machines that jjp are not addressing after multiple games with the same shitty Mirco playfields.

#1321 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I hope people reading this understand that zit is an experienced pinball guy and most people complaining have serious issues with their 10k machines that jjp are not addressing after multiple games with the same shitty Mirco playfields.

From his profile it looks like he only has dialed in from Jersey Jack so I think the point earlier from 27dnast might have some validity.

#1322 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

From his profile it looks like he only has dialed in from Jersey Jack

What? Owning one game from jjp is not enough to voice an opinion?

#1323 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

What? Owning one game from jjp is not enough to voice an opinion?

You don't have to own any, it's a free country. Your opinions probably hold less weight, however. There's no substitute for experience.

#1324 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

To add, Stern does not warranty its playfields:
STERN PINBALL INC LIMITED WARRANTY
Stern Pinball Inc (‘SELLER’) warrants only to the initial purchaser of its products that the items listed below are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the warranty period specified:
• Printed circuit boards (game logic): 2 months
• Dot Matrix / LCD Display: 9 months
No other parts of seller’s product are warranted.
Warranty periods are effective from the initial date of shipment from seller to its authorized distributors.
Seller’s sole liability shall be, at its option, to repair or replace products which are returned to seller during the warranty periods specified, provided:
1. Seller is notified promptly upon discovery by purchaser that stated products are defective.
2. Such products are properly packaged and then returned freight prepaid, to seller’s plant.
This warranty does not apply to any parts damaged during shipment and/or due to improper handling, or due to improper installation or usage, or alteration. In no event shall the seller be liable for
any anticipated profits, loss of profits, loss of use, accidental or consequential damages, or any other losses incurred by the customer in connection with the purchase of a Stern Pinball Inc Product.

Do you work for JJP? Regardless of what you’ve written here, experience and history demonstrate that Stern backs up PF issues, by the customer being made whole without additional expense. JJP on the other hand does a slip shod send a washer kit, which they even charge for now and make the customer pay for an additional PF. Which additional purchased PFs still have the same issues, so nothing is solved.

JJP apologists try to do what you just did and say Stern is the same, but actual results show they are not at all alike. JJP quality is a fantasy, because it does not exist, except in the minds of the JJP marketing department and folk lore. JJP manufacturing is the worst and lowest quality of anyone building pinball machines. Real world user experience is proof. Countless threads and photos on this website back up what I’m saying.

#1325 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I'm not denying there are issues, but for me I've not seen a JJP machine with any issues, just the pictures on pinside. My WOZ, Wonka and Hobbit have been perfect. The GNR on location didn't have any pooling or chipping that I could see.

Every JJP location machine I’ve seen has chipping, peeling, pooling and usually out of order much of the time, till GNR. Since GNR is basically mechless, it seems to stay working, but still loaded with PF problematic issues.

#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

JJP and my Distro have been awesome in rectifying my issues on 2 games. WW and G&R

Just saying

#1327 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Fully agree, Zitt is a very experienced pinball enthusiast and speaks the truth.

Sterns customer service and quality nowadays is second to none. JJPs customer service other than Loyd, almost doesn’t exist. And now JJP is trying to do away with the best customer service person they ever had…Loyd! A guy that’s always been there to help us and not paid a dime by the cheapskates at JJP!!

#1328 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Fully agree, Zitt is a very experienced pinball enthusiast and speaks the truth.
Sterns customer service and quality nowadays is second to none. JJPs customer service other than Loyd, almost doesn’t exist. And now JJP is trying to do away with the best customer service person they ever had…Loyd! A guy that’s always been there to help us and not paid a dime by the cheapskates at JJP!!

Then why is stern not changing out their crappy coil stops? There are hundreds of people that have to go buy better ones in the first few weeks of owning a Stern and yet still here we are. We all know you and Zit have it out for JJP but this is right in front of Stern and your faces and yet nothing. Just let's pick apart one company, makes you look disingenuous to say the least.

#1329 2 years ago

Ignore this post.

#1330 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

JJPs customer service other than Loyd, almost doesn’t exist. And now JJP is trying to do away with the best customer service person they ever had…Loyd! A guy that’s always been there to help us

Thank you for the kind words my friend.

Actually today I'm gone.

I'll miss helping on JJP games. Was for 8 3/4 years.

LTG : (

#1331 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Actually today I'm gone.

So sad to hear this! You’ll be missed big time by all of us here on Pinside. We are grateful for your service to us and pinside. Big thanks to you Loyd from all of us for 8, almost 9 years wonderful service!!

#1332 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Actually today I'm gone.

I can't thank you enough Loyd. You were able to take a noobie dunce like me and help me with keeping my POTC working. I wish you all the best in the next chapter of your life!

#1333 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Actually today I'm gone.

Oh man! What a huge loss for the JJP community. Thank you for everything you've done.

#1334 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Actually today I'm gone.

Sorry to hear this Lloyd, the JJP people will miss you dearly!

#1335 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Then why is stern not changing out their crappy coil stops? There are hundreds of people that have to go buy better ones in the first few weeks of owning a Stern and yet still here we are. We all know you and Zit have it out for JJP but this is right in front of Stern and your faces and yet nothing. Just let's pick apart one company, makes you look disingenuous to say the least.

Would agree with you on the coil stop issue. Stern needs to replace them with better quality for sure and get rid of those noisy fans, lol.

#1336 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Actually today I'm gone.

You mean just for free, right?
I'm sure you're very marketable.
Tell us where to find you...

#1337 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Tell us where to find you...

Planetary Pinball Supply and Chicago Gaming Company.

LTG : )

#1338 2 years ago

but you'll still help with pinside problems ?

#1339 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

but you'll still help with pinside problems ?

Not on JJP problems. Anywhere.

All other problems like always, where I can.

#1340 2 years ago

WOW. I mean the only helpful person I have dealt with on my JJP has been LTG.

Gone? That’s ridiculous

Quoted from jimwe5t:

#1341 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Actually today I'm gone.

Bummer! The idea that you would possibly be available to help (apparently we cannot reliably count on JJP) was the one and only factor that has kept JJP products on my list of possibilities.

I have been lurking in JJP threads since WOZ and the one consistent impression I get time and again is that JJP as an organization seems VERY flaky in pretty much all areas of business, but especially in consistency of manufacturing quality AND service.

Some of you have received appropriately faultless games and been given the royal treatment with service, but my long-term perception is that it seems you are in the minority, and it all feels a lot more like a gamble than it should for a company that’s existed for 9+ years. (Especially given that one may face not only mere ambivalence, but outright hostility/deception after calling with an issue on their 5-figure purchase - screw that, not worth the risk with MY hard-earned money!)

I have seriously considered every game they have made (except Wonka - not the theme for me) as they are truly phenomenal when firing on all cylinders. However, my anecdotal experience with location games (Woz, Hobbit, and DI) is that they are dark and “out of order” more often than they are working when I stop in, and it seems like my odds are 50/50 at best (fine for a cheap throwaway purchase on Alibaba, totally unacceptable for a $10k+ supposedly “durable good”).

#1342 2 years ago

My GNR experience was not good vs. Dialed In.
Just a different company now.

Lloyd, you are an incredible asset.
Wish JJP the best, but not on my dime.

#1343 2 years ago

Sounds like something went south… sorry to hear. Nothing worse than a company not realizing/appreciating the great help you give people on their behalf.

Should be seen as another strike against JJP.

Quoted from LTG:

#1344 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Actually today I'm gone.

So sorry to hear this Lloyd....
This is just another reason I won't be buying any JJP pins down the road. You were the one true asset that JJP had. All my future funds will be going to CGC.

#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Sterns customer service and quality nowadays is second to none.

Please don't put words in my mouth.
I said stern was better. Not best in class.

By far, multimorphic has the best support and warranty. Stern gets a passing grade. As in D-.
JJp, gets an F.

Coils stops are non issues. They are wear items and can be replaced easily.
Playfields are NOT wear items, despite what JJp thinks or implies

#1346 2 years ago

First Butch and now Lloyd. JJP does not appreciate first class employees.

I am looking forward to seeing some new titles after Cactus not remakes from CGC.

Thanks Lloyd for all your tech help

#1347 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pas sur les problèmes JJP. Partout.
Tous les autres problèmes comme toujours, où je peux.

It is really sad .. I am on pinside recently but I wanted to thank you for your help and your reactivity. I love JJP games and have always stood for them. But that they separate from you says a lot about the mentality of their leaders. I wish you the best.

#1348 2 years ago

I am grateful for your help to me in my JJP stuff Lloyd. You provide just enough fir me to then do some work on my end to figure out what is going on. This is a compliment by the way.

I will be sending a letter to the principles at JJP to express my feelings about this recent decision. I realize that Pinside does not represent the majority of pinball owners but there are far too many here to make a move like this. This type of corporate decision may fly in these types of economic prosperity but when the shit hits the fan, and that is coming, service becomes king and what differentiates one from another.

Thank you Lloyd for your help with my issues concerning JJP as well as others.

#1349 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That’s unfortunate. I’ve had a few good experiences with JJP support in the last 6 months as mentioned above, but with this in mind may pass on the next JJP. Sorry you won’t be available for JJP, huge loss for them, and their customers! But continued good news for CGC into the future!

#1350 2 years ago

I can't speak to JJP as I've never owned one, but I can say LTG is helpful beyond JJP. He's always chiming in with advice for CGC as well (and probably other games as well).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,400 (OBO)
7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/27?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.