tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 31.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Same for me or my distributor jumped all over it. Kingpin for the win.

Of course everything went well for the guy that buys any pinball coming down the pike like 2 RAZAs, lol.

JJP is plain and simply an irresponsible company setup to take the gullible/innocent’s money and then leave them hanging with almost zero support. Those claiming support are far fewer than those of us telling how we’ve not been supported and ripped off with no warranty. Only the very foolish/fanboys now buy anything JJP dumps on the market.

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've owned 3 JJP machines, sold WOZ, still have Wonka and Hobbit. No major issues with any of them. Playfields all perfect. The few minor things I contacted them about they addressed immediately. No complaints here.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Same for me or my distributor jumped all over it. Kingpin for the win.

I’m happy for you guys, but I still feel awful for the multitude of customers that JJP has shit on.

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I’m happy for you guys, but I still feel awful for the multitude of customers that JJP has shit on.

Don’t disagree with you in any way. Just my experience with JJP. Any company in this expensive and complex market should have support as the Primary focus.

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

PinDerek, why are you even here then? Take your holier than thou condescending posts back to Facebook if this place is so horrible.
You won't be missed.

Fwiw, this has played out already at least once before and the result of the last time zaphX left pinside was that he was missed. Maybe not by you, but you didn't say that.

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Fwiw, this has played out already at least once before and the result of the last time zaphX left pinside...

Good times indeed.
Clear out all the bots.

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

PinDerek, why are you even here then? Take your holier than thou condescending posts back to Facebook if this place is so horrible.
You won't be missed.

Kinda proving the point there.

This community has some of the most negative toxic people on the internet, peppered with the occasional awesome person.

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This community has some of the most negative toxic people on the internet, peppered with the occasional awesome person.

Maybe just go to the positive threads? Plenty of positive people in owners threads, tech threads, and rumored game threads. Pinside is what you make it: hang out in the worst threads, you'll run across the worst people.

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Maybe just go to the positive threads? Plenty of positive people in owners threads, tech threads, and rumored game threads. Pinside is what you make it: hang out in the worst threads, you'll run across the worst people.

Fair point!

I like the threads where people are helping people. I try to give back when I can.

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If this cesspool is reality, the world is a lot worse off than I thought.

Quoted from zaphX:

This community has some of the most negative toxic people on the internet,

If you think people shit talking pinball machines is the worst thing on the internet, you either have no concept of reality, or more JJP-whipped than we thought

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fair point!
I like the threads where people are helping people. I try to give back when I can.

To be fair Derek, you’re one of the ultimate JJP fanboys and can’t see the forest for the trees. If JJP put out a machine title labeled “CRAP”, you’d be singing its praises and can’t wait to shoot it again for the 5 thousandth time, lol.

Advice: relax since you don’t have any stock in JJP. Who cares what anyone says here about any pinball company for that matter. They are just expressing their opinions, that is what forums are all about. No one here is toxic, as they all have different experiences good and bad with JJP. You stick your head in the sand when JJP is discussed, because JJP somehow has become you. JJP is a tiny company that only releases a game every 2 years, so I get your frustration, because you don’t have much to discuss after talking about GNR for the umpteenth time.

Believe it or not, people telling us all the negative about JJP are the real helpers. They help us the most of all avoid another nightmare experience from JJP.

#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

To be fair Derek, you’re one of the ultimate JJP fanboys and can’t see the forest for the trees. If JJP put out a machine title labeled “CRAP”, you’d be singing its praises and can’t wait to shoot it again for the 5 thousandth time, lol.
Advice: relax since you don’t have any stock in JJP. Who cares what anyone says here about any pinball company for that matter. They are just expressing their opinions, that is what forums are all about. No one here is toxic, as they all have different experiences good and bad with JJP. You stick your head in the sand when JJP is discussed, because JJP somehow has become you. JJP is a tiny company that only releases a game every 2 years, so I get your frustration, because you don’t have much to discuss after talking about GNR for the umpteenth time.
Believe it or not, people telling us all the negative about JJP are the real helpers. They help us the most of all avoid another nightmare experience from JJP.

Been awhile Jimmy! You are still here fighting the good fight and saving the innocent dunces from the JJP evil empire I see. Knock yourself out.

Derek is a good dude that likes to have fun with his games and is passionate about them. Just like you are passionate about the hate for JJP.

I agree with DakotaMike, Pinside is what you make it and when you fall into the sewer it’s best to climb right back out of it and move on.

Fwiw, I love my GNR and Wonka CEs with zero issues and lovely pf’s.

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Been awhile Jimmy! You are still here fighting the good fight and saving the innocent dunces from the JJP evil empire I see. Knock yourself out.
Derek is a good dude that likes to have fun with his games and is passionate about them. Just like you are passionate about the hate for JJP.
I agree with DakotaMike, Pinside is what you make it and when you fall into the sewer it’s best to climb right back out of it and move on.
Fwiw, I love my GNR and Wonka CEs with zero issues and lovely pf’s.

Happy New Year Dougie! You are a JJP sellout now too??? Gloating about nice PFs when so many are suffering? Come on Dougie, feel for others even a little.

You’re right about at least one thing: falling into the JJP sewer, it’s well, really stinky when you do. Lol! Keep your JJP promo going, JJPs gotta love the tiny few that claim they have no issues. You’re one of the lucky few (if that’s really the case), but your day in the JJP sewer is coming soon, lol. I won’t tell ya I told you so.

#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

the hate for JJP.

Dougie, not exactly sure how concern for others and the many problems they have with JJP not supporting or giving a warranty with faulty product equates to hate???

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Happy New Year Dougie! You are a JJP sellout now too??? Gloating about nice PFs when so many are suffering? Come on Dougie, feel for others even a little.
You’re right about at least one thing: falling into the JJP sewer, it’s well, really stinky when you do. Lol! Keep your JJP promo going, JJPs gotta love the tiny few that claim they have no issues. You’re one of the lucky few (if that’s really the case), but your day in the JJP sewer is coming soon, lol. I won’t tell ya I told you so.

I don’t consider myself a “sellout”. I just like GNR and Wonka. I don’t like Hobbit, DI or POTC.

I’ll probably buy Toy Story? See how it looks.

Just like Stern, Spooky, AP, CGC I buy what I like and don’t sweat the small stuff.

Life is too short for that. Now if people have issues with ANY game I hope they get resolved.

There is a new JJP podcast discussing 2022. It’s a New Year, let’s bring some hope and optimism

Happy New Year Jimmy!

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Fwiw, this has played out already at least once before and the result of the last time zaphX left pinside was that he was missed. Maybe not by you, but you didn't say that.

Truth when it comes to actual playing a game for game advice, fixing, setting up a game Zaphx is the most helpful person on this site for me with LTG a close second. I see all the down votes he gets and feel bad for him. But this is our world I guess

#1267 2 years ago

Just got of the phone with Ken at JJP first class customer service. I have said bad about JJP in the past and feel it only appropriate to let people know the positive as well.

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I just finally started leveraging the ignore feature, tried not to but I was tired of wasting my time arguing with people. Since then my time on Pinside has been much better. There's people out there that hate JJP for whatever reason and their opinions will never change. That's ok, I've accepted that, and I don't need to get worked up arguing with them any longer.

I'm happy to enjoy games from multiple companies. I used to be very critical of Stern for years but can't any longer as they have been kicking a**. A majority of their games are now more loaded (yes they cost more then years past), and their code support has made a complete 180 compared to years ago. When I play my TMNT Premium I can't deny that the game just feels good from the build quality to the mechs and gameplay.

#1269 2 years ago

WesternLaugh.gifWesternLaugh.gif

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just finally started leveraging the ignore feature, tried not to but I was tired of wasting my time arguing with people. Since then my time on Pinside has been much better. There's people out there that hate JJP for whatever reason and their opinions will never change. That's ok, I've accepted that, and I don't need to get worked up arguing with them any longer.

Ignore is a very useful feature, agreed.

#1271 2 years ago

I’m completely new to pinball and I got a GNR pinball machine because I like their music and it looked like a good / fun game, so I don’t have any allegiance to JJP or Stern or any other manufacturer. Reading all the negative feedback floating around I was nervous going into my first support ticket with JJP but I had a great experience with them. Super fast response time (less than an hour for first reply and subsequent feedback was within hours), very clear communication (for someone new to pinball) and I felt supported along the way. This is just my experience so take it for what it is worth (and I’m going to echo that zaphX has always been helpful and yes, ignore is great!)

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Truth when it comes to actual playing a game for game advice, fixing, setting up a game Zaphx is the most helpful person on this site for me with LTG a close second. I see all the down votes he gets and feel bad for him. But this is our world I guess

Oh I have to say LTG is way WAY more helpful. In fact easily half the troubleshooting tips I pass on were ones I learned from his posts. He is a treasure.

And don't feel bad for me, I appreciate the sentiment but

a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpga6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
#1273 2 years ago

ALL’S WELL THAT ENDS WELL!

#1274 2 years ago

Just one guys story...

I'm lucky enough to own a Dialed In LE and I love it.

I had a problem with balls falling into the cabinet and reached out to JJP for a solution.

They never returned my emails.

Fortunately the good folks of Pinside had my back and we quickly solved the problem.

Ignoring your paying customers is not good business IMO.

Happy New Year everybody!

#1275 2 years ago

JJP seems to be selective in responding to emails. Sometimes they do and most of the time they don’t.

Anyone have any updates on when we can purchase new playfields for GnR CEs?

#1276 2 years ago

I think they're just overwhelmed. Just like the PF issues. They sell a lot of games then don't hire enough people for support. I wonder if maybe they put too much in the BOM in each game... ? Who knows. Sucks though. They used to be awesome.

#1277 2 years ago

yeah, for 3 months now ive been trying to have them help me with what seems to be a bad power supply that took out the cpu too. im lucky if i get a response back once a month. Who the fuck does this to their customers? I own 3 jjp's but i think im done after this.

#1278 2 years ago

American Pinball is by far the best customer service I have experienced. File a ticket and you get a call within an hour.

#1279 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

JJP seems to be selective in responding to emails.

Since they made me the JJP ambassador they removed my access to the tech support emails. Prior to that I couldn't send parts since the new people came in, but I still helped with issues that didn't need parts.

LTG : )

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

Did this Mirco presentation ever go ahead? Guessing not seeing as there's no follow up?

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Since they made me the JJP ambassador they removed my access to the tech support emails. Prior to that I couldn't send parts since the new people came in, but I still helped with issues that didn't need parts.

That seems like a BAD MOVE on their part Lloyd! Did it have something to do with liability?

Pinball times are booming right now. There will be another point in time when pinball is suffering. It's happened before and it will happen again.

I don't think Stern, JJP or any of them are intentionally neglecting their consumer base or taking us for granted BUT, when times do eventually get tougher, some folks will remember a bad experience and not buy their product.

All of them, i would make customer service the #2 priority behind making great games. Gotta service these babies to meet REASONABLE expectations. GOTTA COMMUNICATE GUYS!!! Return phone calls and follow through.

Some people can't ever be made happy no matter the circumstances are. Every pinball company has to deal with these people.

Lastly, we don't need people telling us what to do or not do with our own $$$. We are grown people. The threads and comments are all out there for people to decide for themselves. It's called personal responsibility.

In the meantime, i'm going to continue to enjoying my games and greatly appreciating the folks that chime in and go above and beyond to help the community when we do have issues.

Happy New Year!

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That seems like a BAD MOVE on their part Lloyd! Did it have something to do with liability?

No idea.

#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That seems like a BAD MOVE on their part Lloyd!

Quoted from LTG:

No idea.

So with JJP’s infinite wisdom for improving support what was your New JJP title starting in 2022 again LTG?….. not funny actually rather sad.

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So with JJP’s infinite wisdom for improving support what was your New JJP title starting in 2022 again LTG?….. not funny actually rather sad.

A company has to do what it wants to do.

In 2020 either the end of October or start of November they made me the Jersey Jack Pinball ambassador.

So starting in 2022 I'll still be the jersey Jack Pinball ambassador. Helping where ever I can with tech support. On Pinside. PMs here and on Facebook. Two email addresses, four phone numbers. People stopping into my arcade needing help. Or opening up games and showing them off and referring them to JJP or JJP distributors where they can buy them from.

And keeping an eye on KLOV, Google JJP and RGP. Anywhere I can lend a hand with JJP games.

#1285 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Just got of the phone with Ken at JJP first class customer service. I have said bad about JJP in the past and feel it only appropriate to let people know the positive as well.

The guy is awesome. Always willing to help whenever I have needed it.

#1286 2 years ago

Happy New Year to all of you! Hoping JJP 2022 will become a real caring company, with a real warranty and create a real customer service department. (Nah, kidding ourselves…its just a dream…lol. Too bad as TS might have been fun to play with my little children.)

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

Just one guys story...
I'm lucky enough to own a Dialed In LE and I love it.
I had a problem with balls falling into the cabinet and reached out to JJP for a solution.
They never returned my emails.
Fortunately the good folks of Pinside had my back and we quickly solved the problem.
Ignoring your paying customers is not good business IMO.
Happy New Year everybody!

Did you open a ticket?

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A company has to do what it wants to do.
In 2020 either the end of October or start of November they made me the Jersey Jack Pinball ambassador.
So starting in 2022 I'll still be the jersey Jack Pinball ambassador. Helping where ever I can with tech support. On Pinside. PMs here and on Facebook. Two email addresses, four phone numbers. People stopping into my arcade needing help. Or opening up games and showing them off and referring them to JJP or JJP distributors where they can buy them from.
And keeping an eye on KLOV, Google JJP and RGP. Anywhere I can lend a hand with JJP games.

I hope,they are paying you well for this

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I can help with that math…. 1 game every 2 plus years. Works 363 days per year noon to midnight, so he makes roughly .93 Cents per hour and oddly loves it. Best investment Ever for any company!

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Happy New Year to all of you! Hoping JJP 2022 will become a real caring company, with a real warranty and create a real customer service department. (Nah, kidding ourselves…its just a dream…lol. Too bad as TS might have been fun to play with my little children.)

Awesome service this week from Ken!!!

#1291 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Awesome service this week from Ken!!!

This is great to hear. Maybe JJP is listening to this thread and their management is more aware of the rumblings in the street.

#1292 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

This is great to hear. Maybe JJP is listening to this thread and their management is more aware of the rumblings in the street.

...or they're just afraid of @jimwe5t.

Honestly, though, I'm as big a Stern fan as the next guy, and I love JJP just as much. But some people quickly forget all the problems Stern has had in the past (splitting cabinets, anyone?). Every company has its hiccups. I still love my WOZ, but just haven't been into any other theme they've released since. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

No reason to troll JJP threads, is what I'm trying to say.

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...or they're just afraid of jimwe5t.
Honestly, though, I'm as big a Stern fan as the next guy, and I love JJP just as much. But some people quickly forget all the problems Stern has had in the past (splitting cabinets, anyone?). Every company has its hiccups. I still love my WOZ, but just haven't been into any other theme they've released since. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.
No reason to troll JJP threads, is what I'm trying to say.

Let’s not forget the pf issues Stern went through. Peaking with GB and major ghosting issues, planking and art chipping and falling apart

Yeah every company has issues and goes through problems. Eventually the ship gets righted.

I’m very happy with ALL my different company pins right now. Keep ‘em coming!!

Toy Story will be a huge seller. So will Godfather

#1294 2 years ago

Damn I thought this was mo

Quoted from iceman44:

Let’s not forget the pf issues Stern went through. Peaking with GB and major ghosting issues, planking and art chipping and falling apart
Yeah every company has issues and goes through problems. Eventually the ship gets righted.

They still have not contacted me for the use of my avatar Ice

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Please read Yelobird 's post #1289 . I don't get paid. I do get the game. Which even if they were paying me, they'd have to get me one for tech support anyway.

When Jack hired me, the last thing he needed was another salary to pay. And I don't do good with a boss, which if someone signs your paycheck, you have a boss.

I'm happy with this and I believe has served us both well for 8 3/4 years.

Even the internet phone I put in for JJP tech support I pay for.

I just wish it would go on awhile longer so I can keep helping people with their Jersey Jack games.

#1296 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please read Yelobird 's post #1289 . I don't get paid. I do get the game. Which even if they were paying me, they'd have to get me one for tech support anyway.
When Jack hired me, the last thing he needed was another salary to pay. And I don't do good with a boss, which if someone signs your paycheck, you have a boss.
I'm happy with this and I believe has served us both well for 8 3/4 years.
Even the internet phone I put in for JJP tech support I pay for.
I just wish it would go on awhile longer so I can keep helping people with their Jersey Jack games.

You are truly a good person. We appreciate your service, but JJP should be paying you, they can afford it. You’re the only good part of their weak service. The laborer is worthy of their hire and paycheck.

#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Come on Dougie, bringing Stern into this thread that’s all about avoiding JJP, because “they don’t stand behind their product”? Schilling??? The Dogfather is not going to be a huge seller. No one in their right mind wants a slow burn like that title. TS for the kiddies might do okay, if a miracle happens and all JJP PFs get fixed and no mechs on the PFs like the last two offerings.

#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Come on Dougie

Could you please try not acting like a child?

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Could you please try not acting like a child?

D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpegD2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
#1300 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Damn I thought this was mo

They still have not contacted me for the use of my avatar Ice

We can count on you for a Godfather CE Bill?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/26?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.