tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 31.
#1201 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Where ya been dude?
genderqueer
Non-binary or genderqueer is an umbrella term for gender identities that are neither male nor female‍—‌identities that are outside the gender binary.
Non-binary gender - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Non-binary_gender
Confusing eh? You'll need to refer to a single individual as "they". This throws me from a logical standpoint but maybe I'm too old to get it.
I'm a live and let live kinda guy but I know I will undoubtedly screw up that pronoun under pressure

Like the world isn't complicated enough these days .

#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Confusing eh? You'll need to refer to a single individual as "they". This throws me from a logical standpoint but maybe I'm too old to get it.

Confusing? no. Ridiculous? Yes Ur not too old its just really stupid.

#1203 2 years ago

This post is so on the money, that all owner’s by just playing their GNR, DI, POTC, WW games; its the customers fault JJPs faulty products all fall apart. Jack is a moronic spokesperson for JJP. They don’t come much dumber….Good job coming up with this, @jorant! You captured Jack’s sheep eatin idiot grin facial expression, lol.

F59FE432-EEC4-4319-B17D-720B2372A395 (resized).jpegF59FE432-EEC4-4319-B17D-720B2372A395 (resized).jpeg

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Only simple minded don’t understand the word “binary”. Look up in the dictionary…

I tried to look up "It's time to go binary" and I still don't understand WTF that call out is supposed to mean.
At least now I know I am simple minded

#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I tried to look up "It's time to go binary" and I still don't understand WTF that call out is supposed to mean.

EB64A294-97DC-411B-8EF6-A7FAF8F3C935 (resized).jpegEB64A294-97DC-411B-8EF6-A7FAF8F3C935 (resized).jpeg
#1206 2 years ago

If people have to go to that much effort to explain the call-out , then it's a crappy call-out

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I have the game and it makes complete sense, when that call out comes, it is easy to understand. Anyone playing the game knows she is referring to double the points if you hit the CM ramp, then the BW ramp in successive order. It is quite an intense and exciting combo when the call out is made. PFreak is a simpleton that has not played the game to understand and making an idiotic statement as usual as a way to put down an excellent Keith Elwin game. PFreak somehow thinks a Stern put down, bolsters the dregs of JJP in some kind of weird comparison. It’s what JJP sycophant cheerleaders like PanzerFreak and romulusx do. PFreak does these moronic posts to get people talking about Stern instead of his beloved JJP as a deterrent, even though this thread is about avoiding JJP and has zero to do with Stern. It’s the best he can do with so much evidence piling in that JJP is a sinking ship. PFreak acts like he owns stock in the company. Go figure!

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This post is so on the money, that all owner’s by just playing their GNR, DI, POTC, WW games; its the customers fault JJPs faulty products all fall apart. Jack is a moronic spokesperson for JJP. They don’t come much dumber….Good job coming up with this, jorant! You captured Jack’s sheep eatin idiot grin facial expression, lol.
[quoted image]

Just me or he looks just like Alfred E Neuman?

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If people have to go to that much effort to explain the call-out , then it's a crappy call-out

That means you dont understand the theme. It's not the game's fault. I don't turn on iron maiden and say, "well what the fuck does aces high MEAN?"

#1210 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Just me or he looks just like Alfred E Neuman?

Thought the exact same thing. So disappointed the Spy vs Spy pin never made it to production.

#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I have the game and it makes complete sense, when that call out comes, it is easy to understand. Anyone playing the game knows she is referring to double the points if you hit the CM ramp, then the BW ramp in successive order. It is quite an intense and exciting combo when the call out is made. PFreak is a simpleton that has not played the game to understand and making an idiotic statement as usual as a way to put down an excellent Keith Elwin game. PFreak somehow thinks a Stern put down, bolsters the dregs of JJP in some kind of weird comparison. It’s what JJP sycophant cheerleaders like PanzerFreak and romulusx do. PFreak does these moronic posts to get people talking about Stern instead of his beloved JJP as a deterrent, even though this thread is about avoiding JJP and has zero to do with Stern. It’s the best he can do with so much evidence piling in that JJP is a sinking ship. PFreak acts like he owns stock in the company. Go figure!

wow, just had a high school flash back

#1212 2 years ago
20210810_062358 (resized).png20210810_062358 (resized).png
#1213 2 years ago

What , me worry ?

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That means you dont understand the theme. It's not the game's fault. I don't turn on iron maiden and say, "well what the fuck does aces high MEAN?"

So if you haven't read that one page in the specific comic book you don't know the theme ?
It's a shit call-out .
And ACES HIGH kicks ass .

IMG_20210810_234219 (resized).jpgIMG_20210810_234219 (resized).jpg
#1215 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And when you hear them start repeating after a couple hours of play, grating as hell.

This can be said of any pin out there. Play it enough and it starts to repeat and gets grating. Honestly, that's why they all get moved on eventually. Lol

#1216 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So if you haven't read that one page in the specific comic book you don't know the theme ?
It's a shit call-out .
And ACES HIGH kicks ass .
[quoted image]

What does it meeeeeeeaaaaan?

#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What , me worry ?

Nailed it! Now could someone please photoshop a MAD magazine cover with Jack's face?

#1218 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

If the issue is a hole in the playfield being too large causing play in what is inserted in to the hole couldn’t a metal or plastic sleeve around the post reducing the play solve the issue ?

Its not the real issue. Some guy just made a youtube video about it based on nothing but a hunch and it gained a bunch of traction because people are scraping for answers. Its been debunked numerous times. It "may" have a small part to do with it, but its not the main issue and most likely not even a minor issue.

#1219 2 years ago
JJP-04 (resized).jpgJJP-04 (resized).jpg
#1220 2 years ago

I'm dying right now. Bravo.

#1221 2 years ago

Maybe Jack is right. Do the playfields damage themselves? Who is playing them when they chip, owners LOL all sarcastic of course.

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Maybe Jack is right. Do the playfields damage themselves? Who is playing them when they chip, owners LOL all sarcastic of course.

I feel like there's a "guns don't kill people, people kill people" joke in here somewhere.

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I feel like there's a "guns don't kill people, people kill people" joke in here somewhere.

Close enough?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1224 2 years ago

RIP Mr. Kiel.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001423/bio
Fun fact- also played Kanamit the alien in the Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man".
Wrote his autobiography in 2002: https://www.amazon.com/Making-Big-Movies-Richard-Kiel/dp/1903111315
Seems out of print in the US.

#1225 2 years ago

I don't see the likeness...

7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRSb8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).pngb8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png
#1226 2 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I don't see the likeness...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe you can see it now….

430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).pngECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpegECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What , me worry ?

Our Price, $14,500.00
Cheap!

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, JJP POTC history repeats itself with Jack's new tone def responses about the similar chipping issue on GnR. A company's culture is often influenced a lot by the people who speak for the company.
This is his answer from 2019 Expo regarding POTC playfields. Wasn't a very encouraging response there either, but people still convinced themselves that Wonka and then GnR would be different:

fwiw the man really doesnt have much personality and the company knows this.

#1230 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

fwiw the man really doesnt have much personality and the company knows this.

Kick em while they're down!!

2 weeks later
#1231 2 years ago
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).pngBAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
#1232 2 years ago

Hopefully someone will record it

#1233 2 years ago

Also looking forward to the Banning Museum Q&A session later....

#1234 2 years ago

Yeah shut this clown down. Live stream it

#1235 2 years ago

No way in hell I'm waking up early enough on a Saturday to be at Expo by 9 AM, but I look forward to hearing that a couple dozen dissatisfied customers heckled him off the stage. Or more likely a bunch of keyboard commandos silently crossed their arms and posted very angry comments afterward.

#1236 2 years ago

This is exactly how a company behaves right before they hit bottom and/or go out of business. Customer service is the first to go as they are instructed to try to deny all claims for any reason in order to hang on to what money they may have left. This is really a terrible sign, and one that usually a company doesn't recover from.

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

This is exactly how a company behaves right before they hit bottom and/or go out of business. Customer service is the first to go as they are instructed to try to deny all claims for any reason in order to hang on to what money they may have left. This is really a terrible sign, and one that usually a company doesn't recover from.

They probably moved all their equipment and production to Chicago and hired Steve Ritchie so they could file for bankruptcy?

#1238 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

They probably moved all their equipment and production to Chicago and hired Steve Ritchie so they could file for bankruptcy?

Not sure, but it’s clear solvency is something that continues to elude JJP.
Healthy companies do not behave like JJP.

#1239 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Even a stupid Vulcan would deduce "illogical."

3 months later
#1240 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

*Flame suit equipped*
I just want to warn anyone considering purchasing a JJP game about their awful level of warranty support for such an expensive product.
I am a hobby operator and I am just so disappointed by the level of warranty coverage provided by JJP it just doesn't make financial sense to continue purchasing their products since they don't stand behind them.
My distributor has been great and fought the good battle but JJP is just not a good company.
I purchased a GNR LE and received it in Dec of 2020 and placed it on location.
In Feb 2021 one of the light lenses cracked from the backboard and had to order a replacement - this was sent within a month by JJP and was no issue.
in May of 2021 the left spot light stepper motor went bad. JJP denied the warranty claim and my distributor actually purchased the motor for me unexpectedly because he's awesome. Keep in mind this machine is 6 months old at this point and JJP doesn't provide a motor for a customer that has purchased 4 machines from them.
Last week - July of 2021 the machine develops an apparent short in the switch matrix. I troubleshoot it back to a problem on the main I/O board. The machine will not work with this matrix short as it controls the ball trough and just will not start a game. At this point I have a machine that is 8 months old with the main board that went bad and JJP once again denies my warranty claim.
They want $450 for a new board or will repair the old board for $140/hr. Keep in mind this is a machine with less than 2k plays on it. I basically have a bricked 10k machine unless I pay up. A big chunk of the earnings for this machine is just out the window because the company sucks and doesn't take care of their customers.
It is absolutely ridiculous to have a machine that cost $10k with almost zero warranty support.
This is in addition to the awful clear coat they use on their machines that is just bubbling and chipping away little by little with each play.
I won't be buying anymore JJP games in the future. I'm done. If you're on the fence I would hop down and go with something else. Absolute junk.

Similar experience here when I bought a POTC from JJP about 1 1/2 years ago. It arrived with parts missing and no topper. I was told "well we had new, temporary staff the week yours was built." One person asked for the numbers of parts not working which I sent to be replaced...never heard back. Another person accused me of lying....veiled threats, etc. I was paying $200-300 dollars a month just to repair constant breakdowns to keep it running. There was obviously zero quality control done on this machine....obviously hastily thrown together to meet deadlines. And they told me it received "rigorous" QC checks before shipping...totally impossible....they were flat out lying. They finally cut off all communication with me and stopped even pretending to give a damn. Completely dishonest and corrupt outfit.

#1241 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Similar experience here when I bought a POTC from JJP about 1 1/2 years ago. It arrived with parts missing and no topper. I was told "well we had new, temporary staff the week yours was built." One person asked for the numbers of parts not working which I sent to be replaced...never heard back. Another person accused me of lying....veiled threats, etc. I was paying $200-300 dollars a month just to repair constant breakdowns to keep it running. There was obviously zero quality control done on this machine....obviously hastily thrown together to meet deadlines. And they told me it received "rigorous" QC checks before shipping...totally impossible....they were flat out lying. They finally cut off all communication with me and stopped even pretending to give a damn. Completely dishonest and corrupt outfit.

Want to sell it. I’d still take it.

#1242 2 years ago

Took delivery of GNR le last April. I have had issues with the spotlights a light board the shooter lane board and of course the playfield pooling. In every case JJP stood behind there product and shipped me out parts for free even as recently as last week for the light board. Not happy about the playfield which they only resolved with sending washers but I can live with it. So in my experience there service is on par with stern, I can’t comment on CGC because I have never had anything break on there games yet.

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

That's a really bad story. I personally talked to JJP's Ken Holland last month (voice and email) to order a Smaug control board. He was really helpful and shipped it fast. A couple years ago I was in contact with them for all the recall parts for my game. I am not even the original owner and they sent them to me for free. The contrast is crazy.

#1244 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

That's a really bad story. I personally talked to JJP's Ken Holland last month (voice and email) to order a Smaug control board. He was really helpful and shipped it fast. A couple years ago I was in contact with them for all the recall parts for my game. I am not even the original owner and they sent them to me for free. The contrast is crazy.

Same, it sounds like a lot of people have had issues with JJP support, but for me it had been fantastic. Don’t know what the hell to think.

#1245 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Same, it sounds like a lot of people have had issues with JJP support, but for me it had been fantastic. Don’t know what the hell to think.

When in doubt, ignore Pinside.

#1246 2 years ago

When in doubt, trust your gut
Pinside is a true representation of reality... Not a anti-JJP sesspool some would have you believe

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Pinside is a true representation of reality...

If this cesspool is reality, the world is a lot worse off than I thought.

#1248 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If this cesspool is reality, the world is a lot worse off than I thought.

PinDerek, why are you even here then? Take your holier than thou condescending posts back to Facebook if this place is so horrible.

You won't be missed.

#1249 2 years ago

I've owned 3 JJP machines, sold WOZ, still have Wonka and Hobbit. No major issues with any of them. Playfields all perfect. The few minor things I contacted them about they addressed immediately. No complaints here.

#1250 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've owned 3 JJP machines, sold WOZ, still have Wonka and Hobbit. No major issues with any of them. Playfields all perfect. The few minor things I contacted them about they addressed immediately. No complaints here.

Same for me or my distributor jumped all over it. Kingpin for the win.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
$ 210.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/25?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.