tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 31.
#1051 2 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

So Jack mentions on the Pinball Magazine pinball podcast and I quote "customers possibly may have done something to the playfield to cause damage." This hobby is so entertaining and laughable. Once again, no accountability and now customers have to purchase another playfield for $500.00 if they want to replace that quality controlled Mirco playfield.
Enjoy that playfield swap.

Not sure it’s the micro playfield rather than JJPs engineering and attention to detail like having sloppy holes around their posts, over tensioning the posts to create more pooling. So not necessarily only Mirco’s fault here

#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

So Jack mentions on the Pinball Magazine pinball podcast and I quote "customers possibly may have done something to the playfield to cause damage." This hobby is so entertaining and laughable. Once again, no accountability and now customers have to purchase another playfield for $500.00 if they want to replace that quality controlled Mirco playfield.

It's parallel universe time!

#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Maybe they should source the playfields from another producer. How can you trust Mirco. Who wants to wait until the end of production. Seems like a scam to set aside problem ones during the run & dump them. How can you trust this will

That's pretty fucked

I would listen to interveiw to get context on this.I haven’t listened to this interview yet but I do know how things can easily be misinterpreted.
Especially on Pinside!

#1054 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

nope on both.

Actually it is, and I have never had a Cliffy on it.
The sim card shot is terrible, it is what it is. Removing a post rubber, or post may help it. Flipper power change not really.
As I always say; Post a pic of of your "sim card shots per game" audits from you game and lets see what it is. Remember, you gotta nail 8, maybe 9 that are lit for wizard....but let's just see an average game of yours.

Huh? It's dropped in value more than any game I own. $8K Standard NIB.

It’s still a hard shot, it’s supposed to be. I’ll grant you it could definitely be better, but I don’t think it’s game breaking.

#1055 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wrong.
Its because of the kiddie style approach they took, the "bob the builder" and his strange looking female denim overall counterpart. The tween girl style cell phone and more. rules and shots are all good but............. If they had made it a little more intense like that video game "watchdogs" it would have fared much better. This is JJP's main problem. Theme choice. Ok some pooling and chipping I get it but if they released their own Terminator game or Predator, Road Warrior, Robocop even a great OG theme those issues would not prevent me from buying a JJP NIB pin, but whats on the horizon? Toy Story. What a joke.

You just proved my point exactly. You like the rules and shots, you don’t like it only because of the theme.

#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I would listen to interveiw to get context on this.I haven’t listened to this interview yet but I do know how things can easily be misinterpreted.
Especially on Pinside!

I listened to it and I hope you guys get the message.

Stop damaging your own games!!!

What he said is one of the more tone deaf things I have ever heard an executive say.

#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't know about budgets - does a pinside angel get its wings whenever someone types "BOM?" - but suggesting he was having licenses he didn't want "forced upon him" shows a fundamental lack of understanding of Steve Ritchie.
Star Wars, Black KNight, and Zep? I can assure you these were games he wanted to make, badly. Stuff like WPT and CSI is ancient history.

Fair enough, but he could still have a bad taste in his mouth. He was forced to do those, and then when they were like "Fine Steve, if it'll shut you up, we'll let you do what YOUUUU wanna do.....as long as it doesn't cost over 50 bucks per game" he was like OK screw you guys. Nobody knows for sure. Maybe he just wanted a change of scenery. Maybe somebody at Stern takes too smelly of poops and he was tired of walking into a toxic bathroom. All we can do is speculate.

#1058 2 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

For me, good customer service is about how you handle your initial response to the customer, not how you respond once the heat becomes too much to keep ignoring the issue.

This type of response from JJP with GnR isn't the first time this has happened. It isn't even the 2nd time, and at the end of the day people will still convince themselves that "JJP has addressed the issue and changed their attitude about customer service" just because they want to buy the next JJP game.

I think it's important to remember initial reports from customers saying that JJP was telling them no replacement playfields would be sold at all. Jack conveniently leaves that part out in this interview when he mentions the discount playfield purchase option their great customer service team is offering. They're only changing their tune now because the issue hasn't died down (rightly so).

My experience with the way they JJP handled customers on POTC was enough to get me to never buy one of their machines again. To me, they way they handled that was a clear indicator of how they truly approach customer service: Only respond on major issues once the heat builds too much to keep ignoring it, and then try to make the customer pay for the solution. That's not the type of company I want to buy anything from.

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

but whats on the horizon.

The Godfather

#1060 2 years ago

I wonder if he was referring to people that had raised the flipper strength to make backhanding the left ramp easier .I remember a sheet of paper coming with it that said “do not alter coil strenghth settings” or something like that .I got some advice to do just that but I never did because of the warning .The only one I toyed with was the scoop when I was having problems going sdtm even with adjusting it as far left as possible .I ended up screwing it to wood and twisting it with pliers then all was good after .

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

For me, good customer service is about how you handle your initial response to the customer, not how you respond once the heat becomes too much to keep ignoring the issue.
This type of response from JJP with GnR isn't the first time this has happened. It isn't even the 2nd time, and at the end of the day people will still convince themselves that "JJP has addressed the issue and changed their attitude about customer service" just because they want to buy the next JJP game.
I think it's important to remember initial reports from customers saying that JJP was telling them no replacement playfields would be sold at all. Jack conveniently leaves that part out in this interview when he mentions the discount playfield purchase option their great customer service team is offering. They're only changing their tune now because the issue hasn't died down (rightly so).
My experience with the way they JJP handled customers on POTC was enough to get me to never buy one of their machines again. To me, they way they handled that was a clear indicator of how they truly approach customer service: Only respond on major issues once the heat builds too much to keep ignoring it, and then try to make the customer pay for the solution. That's not the type of company I want to buy anything from.

JJP doesn’t have the resources or relationship with their play field supplier to provide quality customer service.

#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

You just proved my point exactly. You like the rules and shots, you don’t like it only because of the theme.

Far from exactly. I don't need celebrities or blockbusters. Forget Robocop, make an orginial theme about a crime fighting robot without going kiddie and I'm in. Doesn't have to be Terminator, again a ruthless cyborg that needs to be stopped from killing people, ok sounds good to me, hell I'd like to play as the ruthless cyborg. But if u put him in denim overalls, make the music sound like its fitting for a Pre K Bday party etc. its not gonna do very well sir. I actually would prefer OG themes which would lift any kind of license crap and give the designers full reign.

#1063 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I actually would prefer OG themes which would lift any kind of license crap and give the designers full reign.

To truly give designers full reign, having any sort of license can pull back the reigns. Original themes can do whatever they want. Any shot, any voice actor, any rules. Not constrained by things like "where is the buff actor lady from the show?" and "why isn't the green doll baby doing magic?" So when those things get cut, nobody notices. Things got removed from Funhouse. Nobody cared because nobody knew, at the time.

I certainly like dialed in and I like TNA. I came into this hobby late, so I tend to not give a shit what has a license and what doesn't.

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

JJP doesn’t have the resources or relationship with their play field supplier to provide quality customer service.

Honestly, to me it doesn't at all matter why they won't or can't provide quality service. As a customer I just want good service from the company/person I'm buying something from, and if the service isn't there then I go somewhere it's better.

It seems like a lot of people consider JJP as part of a hobby and they want to support JJP regardless. That's fine, but I don't look at it that way. I look at them as a company I'm buying something from.

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Honestly, to me it doesn't at all matter why they won't or can't provide quality service. As a customer I just want good service from the company/person I'm buying something from, and if the service isn't there then I go somewhere it's better.
It seems like a lot of people consider JJP as part of a hobby and they want to support JJP regardless. That's fine, but I don't look at it that way. I look at them as a company I'm buying something from.

I agree with you and based upon your purchasing criteria, you would be best looking elsewhere for a game.

#1066 2 years ago

Jack would have been better off saying "I can't comment on it at this time" than what he actually said

#1067 2 years ago

I couldn't afford a JJP before all this. But if I ever get money.... I'll buy 2 games from LITERALLY ANY OTHER MANUFACTURER before even considering buying JJP.

#1068 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Far from exactly. I don't need celebrities or blockbusters. Forget Robocop, make an orginial theme about a crime fighting robot without going kiddie and I'm in. Doesn't have to be Terminator, again a ruthless cyborg that needs to be stopped from killing people, ok sounds good to me, hell I'd like to play as the ruthless cyborg. But if u put him in denim overalls, make the music sound like its fitting for a Pre K Bday party etc. its not gonna do very well sir. I actually would prefer OG themes which would lift any kind of license crap and give the designers full reign.

Ok, you disagree with my snarky line, but the point remains the same. People let the theme keep them away from good games.

#1069 2 years ago

Not sure most of you were here back in the beginning of JJP days but he used to come on this forum quiet often arguing with anyone who had something bad to say about JJP or WOZ turn times and even threatening people by saying they were being libel. During JJP started up WOZ games people started freaking because they paid a lot of money and kept being told the game was coming and months went by with no major updates so logically most of them came here to talk about it. People were actually commenting back then that was shooting himself in the foot by some of the comments he was posting on here and I remember someone even recommending he get a PR guy to post on pinside as his answers to some of the heavy hitting questions did not help his cause. It seems since then, he deactivated his pinside account but you can still search his postings and responses to all the threads there were not removed. Good for some interesting reading and well worth the trip back memory lane.

I think its hilarious that he would suggest that people are purposely destroying very expensive games just to try and throw a company under the bus.

#1070 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Jack would have been better off saying "I can't comment on it at this time" than what he actually said

That would be more professional. Or just say "its something we are looking into/ working on"

He is from Jersey... I am from up north originally, I can tell you Jersey folk are quick to get pissed off and fight back before they think.

You can tell on the recording he was was getting progressively pissed off at each question.

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft: You can tell on the recording he was was getting progressively pissed off at each question.

Yep , You could tell he was in a bad mood , he wasn't his usual jovial self .

#1072 2 years ago

I think it's time for a good old-fashioned Invisiglass sale to create a diversion and keep some money coming in....

#1073 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

People let the theme keep them away from good games.

I can't agree with that either. The theme is a huge factor in the overall enjoyment of a pin, for me anyway. And yes I don't stand for "Snarky" remarks. I'll tolerate "Snooty" and can even enjoy straight out "Snippy" but not Snarky, never.

#1074 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I can't agree with that either. The theme is a huge factor in the overall enjoyment of a pin, for me anyway. And yes I don't stand for "Snarky" remarks. I'll tolerate "Snooty" and can even enjoy straight out "Snippy" but not Snarky, never.

And that's what I'm mostly happy about. I'll gladly scoop up cheaper pins that people don't want because of theme. It doesn't matter to me.

#1075 2 years ago

Wow nearly 200 upvotes, my negative rants dont nearly get that many in downvotes.. maybe 30 max. Coo coo cachoo.

#1076 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I listened to it and I hope you guys get the message.
Stop damaging your own games!!!
What he said is one of the more tone deaf things I have ever heard an executive say.

Was it removed from the box and played? Well....who's fault is that. CLAIM DENIED!!

Serves ya'll right. Whadda expect for 10 grand?

#1077 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Wow nearly 200 upvotes, my negative rants dont nearly get that many in downvotes.. maybe 30 max. Coo coo cachoo.

I gave ya one downvote. No reason. There ya go...

#1078 2 years ago

i may share my Experiences with this JJP customer service soon if i keep getting Ghosted by them . I put in my ticket months ago and still can not get a clear answer on the Washers being put on or not to stop it from getting worse .
and the playfield is going to get worse if i play it the way it came from the factory/ Jersey Jack if he said that about People causing the damage he is an idiot .

#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Just listened to this, holy shit that was cringe. He thinks the damage was caused by the user????? Are you fucking serious? Why even imply such a thing? Pictures have been shared over and over of chipping around posts and that is our fault?

Clueless

#1080 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Just listened to this, holy shit that was cringe. He thinks the damage was caused by the user????? Are you fucking serious? Why even imply such a thing? Pictures have been shared over and over of chipping around posts and that is our fault?
Clueless

Haven't listened yet,exactly how are we damaging the games?

#1081 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

i may share my Experiences with this JJP customer service soon if i keep getting Ghosted by them . I put in my ticket months ago and still can not get a clear answer on the Washers being put on or not to stop it from getting worse .
and the playfield is going to get worse if i play it the way it came from the factory/ Jersey Jack if he said that about People causing the damage he is an idiot .

Give it a listen, around the 22 min mark. Judge for yourself who he puts blame on. To his credit, after accusing people of doing things to their playfield he proceeds to say he would not accuse people of doing anything, haha.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/pinball-news-pinball-magazine-podcast/id1369141531

#1082 2 years ago

Listened to the podcast too. Holy moly.

#1083 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Haven't listened yet,exactly how are we damaging the games?

I dont know, playing it ? haha

#1084 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Clueless

And yet people will continue to buy NIB from them knowing everything about the playfield issues and the absolute worst customer service around... Now that's clueless.

#1085 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

And yet people will continue to buy NIB from them knowing everything about the playfield issues and the absolute worst customer service around... Now that's clueless.

Yep, JJP POTC history repeats itself with Jack's new tone def responses about the similar chipping issue on GnR. A company's culture is often influenced a lot by the people who speak for the company.

This is his answer from 2019 Expo regarding POTC playfields. Wasn't a very encouraging response there either, but people still convinced themselves that Wonka and then GnR would be different:

#1086 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I dont know, playing it ? haha

Well the good news is most JJP buyers dont play their game anyways... I kid I kid.

#1087 2 years ago

Earlier today I tried to return a brand new TV that wouldn't turn on out of the box. I was told "Sorry, we think you broke it", the store refused to take it back, and instead gave me a bag of capacitors as a fix kit.

Later that day I tried to send back a severely under cooked steak I ordered. The restaurant manager told me "You did that" and wouldn't take it back.

Finally I had to take my brand new truck into the dealership. It's just over 3 months old with 500 miles on it. There's a major flaw with the engine and I was told "That's your fault, you did it".

Damn, lol

#1088 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Earlier today I tried to return a brand new TV that wouldn't turn on out of the box. I was told "Sorry, we think you broke it", the store refused to take it back, and instead gave me a bag of capacitors as a fix kit.
Later that day I tried to send back a severely under cooked steak I ordered. The restaurant manager told me "You did that" and wouldn't take it back.
Finally I had to take my brand new truck into the dealership. It's just over 3 months old with 500 miles on it. There's a major flaw with the engine and I was told "That's your fault, you did it".
Damn, lol

Levi’s bat signal just went bananas !

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, JJP POTC history repeats itself with Jack's new tone def responses about the similar chipping issue on GnR. A company's culture is often influenced a lot by the people who speak for the company.
This is his answer from 2019 Expo regarding POTC playfields. Wasn't a very encouraging response there either, but people still convinced themselves that Wonka and then GnR would be different:

Unbelievably tone death and arrogant. And that was two years ago.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

#1090 2 years ago

That podcast gave me serious pause on buying Toy Story. (Yes, I like kiddy themed games, fight me!) Im sad now. I like the idea of owning a JJP game, but after things like this, I think I will wait.

#1091 2 years ago

Same. That and their games are just too expensive. GNR standard started in my range, but the 1k increase was so stupid.

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Unbelievably tone death and arrogant. And that was two years ago.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

JJP desperately needs a new spokesman or pr guy.
That was a brutal and cringeworthy listen.

#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:nope on both.

Actually it is, and I have never had a Cliffy on it.
The sim card shot is terrible, it is what it is. Removing a post rubber, or post may help it. Flipper power change not really.
As I always say; Post a pic of of your "sim card shots per game" audits from you game and lets see what it is. Remember, you gotta nail 8, maybe 9 that are lit for wizard....but let's just see an average game of yours.

Huh? It's dropped in value more than any game I own. $8K Standard NIB.

I really liked Dialed In,but the Sim card shot was too hard to make,at least for me it was. I don't believe it was meant to be that hard of a shot ,I think it was a design problem.
The quality of my Dialed In was top notch. The playfield was beautiful,with no chipping,or any other problems. The customer service was very good,when I had a problem.Whoever did the playfields for Dialed In, did it right!
After all that's been said about the new JJP customer service,I wouldn't buy another pin from them, even if they did resolve their playfield issues.
I do think that Toy Story would be a good theme for a pin ,but I'd be afraid of being thrown under the bus by their new customer service department if I ever had a problem.

#1094 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

The quality of my Dialed In was top notch. The playfield was beautiful,with no chipping,or any other problems.

The problem is they didn't have scoop protectors when they were first released; and the clear started chipping on them day 1.
Then they invented their own half-assed Cliffy knockoffs that were horrible, then finally got real ones.

This was talked aboot quite a bit, along with some other issues, but JJP had already blinded people with "JJP QUALITY" so everyone gave them a pass. I mean it wasn't the end of the world by any means, but there have always been signs.

#1095 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

JJP desperately needs a new spokesman or pr guy.
That was a brutal and cringeworthy listen.

They need a new attitude as well. Treating the customer like they are the enemy is deplorable behavior.

It’s insane to me that he blamed customers for these issues, especially out loud for the public to hear.

#1096 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

They need a new attitude as well. Treating the customer like they are the enemy is deplorable behavior.
It’s insane to me that he blamed customers for these issues, especially out loud for the public to hear.

Yep.

I was already very much on the fence in terms of cancelling my order. But fuck it. The recent interview and the video clip from 2 years ago was finally my breaking point.

As much as I wanted this game, I called my distributor and cancelled. Can't take the BS anymore. And it double sucks because now I can't order Toy Story either, which is a theme I want very badly.

#1097 2 years ago

Just heard jack on the podcast. Wow. Not cool.

#1098 2 years ago

1B6C930B-3B43-470C-8375-E5B6235F8136 (resized).jpeg1B6C930B-3B43-470C-8375-E5B6235F8136 (resized).jpeg

seriously Jack..?

#1099 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Was it removed from the box and played? Well....who's fault is that. CLAIM DENIED!!
Serves ya'll right. Whadda expect for 10 grand?

Quoted from gjm:

So with the value of JJP games skyrocketing after a person buys one what gives? Why do they go up in price so much? I am newer to the hobby, do the new Sterns go up the same as JJP?

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

These pinball manufacturers just think people have money to burn in their obsessed hobby. They are getting their dream themes and wouldn’t really give a shit on quality control. Move on to the next release boys like Toy Story or whatever and all will be forgotten.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.