tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 31.
#901 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

All jjp pins now have free scorbit ( for life ) and everything that entails .
Their last 3 games also have a built-in camera , so hopefully you'll be able to see your opposition if you play online .
Stern will have online leaderboards and also trophies for completing certain tasks and my gut feeling is you'll have to pay for that service .
Hopefully it will be for free , like jjp .

Probably they will copy other subscription models.

Free initially.

Then low cost monthly.

Once user base established, jack up the prices for new ongoing revenue stream!

#902 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You are talking "restart", Stern has that also. Restart just puts you back to ball one in a 1-player game. Reset will put you back to attract mode even from the middle of a 4-player game. So if some kid starts a 4-player game and walks away there is no reason to cycle power. You do this by holding the left flipper and start button until the game goes to attract mode.

Just push and hold start button after the first ball is done will restart you too.

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Probably they will copy other subscription models.
Free initially.
Then low cost monthly.
Once user base established, jack up the prices for new ongoing revenue stream!

They have it in writing that the scorebit is free for life .
I guess we'll just have to wait and see .

IMG_20210802_232828 (resized).jpgIMG_20210802_232828 (resized).jpg
#904 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just push and hold start button after the first ball is done will restart you too.

Yes, but doesn't work except on a one player game

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yes, but doesn't work except on a one player game

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding here. Holding down the start button on my DI restarts the game regardless of how many players, provided its enabled in the menu and ball 1 is complete.

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see .[quoted image]

Where does it say free for life in your image posted?

#907 2 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding here. Holding down the start button on my DI restarts the game regardless of how many players, provided its enabled in the menu and ball 1 is complete.

Cool, that works. I wasn't sure how JJP works. Stern has a second option to hold the left flipper button and start button down and that brings you back to attract mode with no game started. That's good for operators or at shows when someone starts a four-player game and walks away.

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see .[quoted image]

Oh, I was talking about Stern's online gaming system.

Guessing/speculating.

#909 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Stern modernized their machines and eliminated the boat anchor transformer from the base cabinet in favor of a much more reliable system using a single voltage PC power supply in the head and DC-to-DC converters at the node boards.

Switching power supplies are not more reliable than 30 lbs transformers. They are lighter, yes. Switching power supplies go out often in my server room. On the other hand, I play bass with original tube amplifiers that have heavy transformers from the 1950s. Switching power supplies are used to save weight and used for their superior (switching) efficiency, not because they are more reliable.

#910 2 years ago

There is no way in hell I'm ever paying extra for online leaderboards and trophies. Zero chance. I'm not buying multiple thousand dollar games to give a single hoot what anyone else is doing with their games...you could go so far as to say that I'm buying them specifically to AVOID what other people do with their games!

#911 2 years ago

"JJP is the industry leader in quality and technical innovation, creating groundbreaking pinball machines"
Well not according to most in this thread

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

fattdirk the most comforting thing about your situation is all your Stern machines are about to get an incredible upgrade. Unfortunately GNR is in a long line of old type pinball machines, destined to be somewhat forgotten. Stern’s are about to hit the next level in September with online play that will change the pinball industry. As a result all our Stern’s will substantially increase in value, because of the extended online playability. It will revolutionize the industry above and beyond what pinball has done over the decades of not much in the way of innovations.

proxy-image.gifproxy-image.gif

#913 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Switching power supplies are not more reliable than 30 lbs transformers. They are lighter, yes. Switching power supplies go out often in my server room. On the other hand, I play bass with original tube amplifiers that have heavy transformers from the 1950s. Switching power supplies are used to save weight and used for their superior (switching) efficiency, not because they are more reliable.

Yep transformers are reliable as hell at producing AC voltages, so removing them saves only weight and cost when you look at it from the standpoint of just that one piece of the puzzle. Unfortunately pinball machines are a DC device that needs multiple DC voltages. Looked at as a whole with all of the failure-prone parts that are saved for eliminating multiple DC power supplies fed by the multiple transformer outputs (connectors, wires, bridge rectifiers, capacitors, etc) it would certainly be more reliable too. The power supply Stern uses is actually a pretty nice one despite the stupidly noisy fan. I've not heard of anyone having to replace one, on the other hand I literally had a discrete power supply in WoZ fill my game room with smoke one day a few years back. Removing transformers from pinball machines is as much an inevitable modernization as going from DMD to LCD. It simply makes sense for cost, reliability and ease of manufacture. That's why Stern, American, Chicago Gaming and Spooky have all chosen to go that route.

#914 2 years ago

What Playfield issues? Hey look over here at the Shiny New Steve

E25FDD67-BD48-4634-B8C3-72AF640523F4.jpegE25FDD67-BD48-4634-B8C3-72AF640523F4.jpeg
#915 2 years ago

All 3 were later arrested by the fashion police.

#916 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

What Playfield issues? Hey look over here at the Shiny New Steve
[quoted image]

^*

Over 200 years of combined, pinball experience. It would have been 300 years, but Lloyd was busy playing pinball.

#917 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

^*
200 years of combined pinball experience.

Steves 1st task is to record the follow up video to "Dimples are normal"

"Chips are Normal"
Lol....

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Where does it say free for life in your image posted?

That's just a picture of their pricing .
The scorebit guy , wrote that it was free for life , in the GNR owners thread .

#919 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's just a picture of their pricing .
The scorebit guy , wrote that it was free for life , in the GNR owners thread .

Oh gotcha thanks.

#920 2 years ago

I don’t think Steve Ritchie joined JJP to be a pinball designer, or it would have been announced as such. Something like ...SR has joined JJP as a new designer, would have been a normal way to mention this. Absent that, my guess he is joining JJP as a favor to Jack. Steve Ritchie can help Pat to provide design support and add oversight for a few years. I could be totally wrong, guess we’ll learn soon.

What we wanted is to hear was that JJP hired a playfield manufacturing fixer. Someone that will find and fix the playfield defects at all cost and a top priority. Someone with quick reflexes but deliberate moves. Someone you can count on to kill and bury the problem for good. Someone that will keep his mouth shut and tow the company line afterwards. JJP please acknowledge and fix the playfield problems, we don’t need to know how, just do it.

#921 2 years ago

I have to upvote this for obvious reasons…

#922 2 years ago

A new JJP "warranty" being offered?? Haven't seen it anywhere else than PinballStar??

Screenshot_20210802-203751_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210802-203751_Facebook (resized).jpg
#923 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:A new JJP "warranty" being offered?? Haven't seen it anywhere else than PinballStar??
[quoted image]

Nice of them to offer you a replacement playfield... All you gotta do is install and pay for it. Top notch service!

#924 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I don’t think Steve Ritchie joined JJP to be a pinball designer, or it would have been announced as such. Something like ...SR has joined JJP as a new designer, would have been a normal way to mention this. Absent that, my guess he is joining JJP as a favor to Jack. Steve Ritchie can help Pat to provide design support and add oversight for a few years. I could be totally wrong, guess we’ll learn soon.
What we wanted is to hear was that JJP hired a playfield manufacturing fixer. Someone that will find and fix the playfield defects at all cost and a top priority. Someone with quick reflexes but deliberate moves. Someone you can count on to kill and bury the problem for good. Someone that will keep his mouth shut and tow the company line afterwards. JJP please acknowledge and fix the playfield problems, we don’t need to know how, just do it.

So, did anybody attending Pinfest discuss with the "Founder of Jersey Jack Pinball", the changed warranty terms along with general support issues?

#925 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Steves 1st task is to record the follow up video to "Dimples are normal"
"Chips are Normal"
Lol....

And COMB-OVERS are not normal...

#926 2 years ago

Not understanding the Ritchie hire for a company that can’t produce a game a year AND the cancel brigade is working hard to stick a fork in JJP.

Despite that effort, I can already hear the silent screams building……”take my money now Steve”! Lol

#927 2 years ago

IDK - my WoZ wasn't a new in box buy, but despite the problems I've had with it, it seems at least as reliable as my other pins. There's more stuff that can break too, so I'm surprised it doesn't have more problems. JJP has a better warranty than Stern on paper, but I had a new AIQ break and they sent me a free warranty replacement part after their paltry 60 day warranty expired, so I can't complain about them either. I've seen a lot of LTG posts helping people with their JJPs, which gives me confidence in their commitment to making a good product and standing behind it.

If JJP makes a theme I'm interested in, the OP's post does not dissuade me one bit from checking it out. Sounds like he had a bad experience, but I wonder what JJP's side of the story is on this. They probably won't say, but there's 2 sides to every story...

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not understanding the Ritchie hire for a company that can’t produce a game a year AND the cancel brigade is working hard to stick a fork in JJP.

Cancel club has already stuck a fork in the small boutique company known as JJP. Out of all Stern designers, SR is least favorite by game sales alone, which all (except ST, SW and AC/DC) rank at Stern’s bottom. The last 2 BK and LZ were almost flops to some degree. When LZ was compared to GNR plastics and LEDs, it surpasses LZ by a landslide. Although LZ game play is far superior, nothing else is. So no wonder Stern sent him out to pasture and he went to a company on its way out too, JJP. SR never knew how to work a Stern BOM like Eddie, Gomez, Borg or Elwin does. All his games are lackluster and empty by comparison and maybe the reason he’s out of Stern. Why would anyone in their right mind jump from the defacto leader to a known tiny boutique company like JJP (only 6 measly games in soon to be 14 years), unless they were shown the door??? Stern decided no matter the BOM, SR doesn’t have it any longer and the only place to pasture, was a place where most buyers have already left in droves…JJP.

#929 2 years ago

Such high hopes we all had for JJP that have now been transferred to Spooky.

#930 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

All 3 were later arrested by the fashion police.

…and was driven back to the retirement home they thought to have escaped.

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Too funny!

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

So, did anybody attending Pinfest discuss with the "Founder of Jersey Jack Pinball", the changed warranty terms along with general support issues?

He was too busy getting his makeup on for the photo shoot. No lie...the guy wears makeup.

#933 2 years ago

With the playfield issues they should come clean with what Mirco process failures are how he is improving his process. This has been going on for many years with broken promises. I was sending Ron K my printed playfields just uv inkjet printed only for some of his customers & for his personal stock over the years. Never had pooling, chipping, etc. with my contractors or Ron K over the years.
I am guiding new pinball companies on the process I used over the last 15 years as a pioneer of uv inkjet printing. Be wary of new printers & their ink which I firmly believe is leading to the failures in the industry. Quality of plywood used, & make sure it is dry. Seal the wood with Varethane water interior gloss 2 coats. Never finish clear if you can still smell the ink! Do not rush finish clear coat process! Finally the big suppliers should be tracking the dates of production for finish clear coats so that inventory is correctly used - first in first out. You want the playfields to cure as long as possible. Even my playfields were being installed after the customers received them - 2 weeks or longer after finish clear coats. Very few complained that to them they appeared a little soft. Finish clear coats over the years was OMNI clear 2 part automotive clear.
https://us.ppgrefinish.com/PPG-Refinish/Products/Automotive-Refinish/Omni
PPG was also my tempered glass supplier for backglass production.

#934 2 years ago
Quoted from Mechulus:

If JJP makes a theme I'm interested in, the OP's post does not dissuade me one bit from checking it out.

This is all you need to know about pinball in 2021.

#935 2 years ago

Feels like some of you want JJP to fail and fold.

You think that would be better for the pinball world eh?

hm.

#936 2 years ago

If a company can't make a quality product and stand behind it when they are selling for 9-11k....they probably aren't 'better' for the hobby. This goes for any company. There's a certain point where it's not just squeaky wheels but an actual issue that needs addressed.

Remember what brought on the video game crash? It wasn't because there were 'too many games'. It was too many 'crap quality' games.

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If a company can't make a quality product and stand behind it when they are selling for 9-11k....they probably aren't 'better' for the hobby. This goes for any company. There's a certain point where it's not just squeaky wheels but an actual issue that needs addressed.

That exactly. At what point are we willing to just be screwed over repeatedly? (I mean....Predator, Aliens, Lebowski, Zidware, Deeproot most likely....clearly people are willing to just burn money here..) It's only "good" if they can effectively compete for our dollars. Nobody wants to spend 10k on a game and be stuck doing a playfield swap on a loaded game 6 months later.....or go to buy a still in production game 4 months after launch to find out the price has been JJP'ED up.

#938 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Feels like some of you want JJP to fail and fold.
You think that would be better for the pinball world eh?
hm.

Why do people assume this? Their service lately SUCKS. They have a hit game and the priority is clearly not on fixing ongoing issues but rather cranking out games. As consumers, it pisses us off, and it really is that simple.

No one in their right mind wants them to fail, they want them to not suck at servicing customers who spent 10 thousand dollars on a toy with defective parts.

Are upset consumers not permitted to bitch? Such a weird mindset.

#939 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Why do people assume this? Their service lately SUCKS. They have a hit game and the priority is clearly not on fixing ongoing issues but rather cranking out games. As consumers, it pisses us off, and it really is that simple.
No one in their right mind wants them to fail, they want them to not suck at servicing customers who spent 10 thousand dollars on a toy with defective parts.

Does the JJP bashing have to be constant? Every thread. Every post. Every day over and over and over. Bashing the company. Bashing their PR. Bashing their people. Bashing anyone that does not join in on the bashing. And you wonder why JJP doesn't just throw out free parts to anyone that complains. It's endless.

#940 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

No man. I am not being weird. If you read this whole thread, you'll notice that JJP is criticized for way more than the pf issue and responsive (or lack of) service.

I 100% agree the latter is not good, don't get me wrong. Not OK at any level.

#941 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:Does the JJP bashing have to be constant? Every thread. Every post. Every day over and over and over. Bashing the company.

What?
What company doesn't get bashed around here and since when is JJP bashed more so than others? Ur in a thread about what many feel is lacklustre service from JJP, think that may have something to do with it? I mean I'm here strictly to enjoy the insults and revel in the fact that the "innovators" and "Best pin manufacturer in the World" is being dismantled, after years of listening to that crap its a joy to behold. "Build Quality"

#942 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Does the JJP bashing have to be constant? Every thread. Every post. Every day over and over and over. Bashing the company. Bashing their PR. Bashing their people. Bashing anyone that does not join in on the bashing. And you wonder why JJP doesn't just throw out free parts to anyone that complains. It's endless.

What has JJP done to stop the complaining? They announced the other day that customers can PURCHASE their own playfield if they arent happy with theirs.

The bitching and moaning about JJP is 100 percent on them, not pinside, or anyone else. If they don't like it, then they can address things rather than continuing to do nothing.

I dont think most reasonable people enjoy such negativity, especially in a hobby that is so fun, but this is on them.

#943 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

They announced the other day that customers can PURCHASE their own playfield if they arent happy with theirs.

Who's "they"? Who announced that?

Pinball Star announced it, not JPP directly. Just because Pinball Star says to contact bengler at JJP doesn't mean that this solution is the final one recommended by JJP.

...Or you can assume that the above post by Pinball Star was meant to be a public announcement from JJP.

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I think even being able to get a response from JJP customer service would help aliviate lots of frustration we have. Myself included.

#945 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

This would go away with a simple “We here at JJP recognize the PF issues being reported. Please contact JJP as we fully warranty our playfields and will work to solve your issues” 90% noise would go away and the standard 10% will always remain because people use Pinside to bitch for no good reason

#946 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Who's "they"? Who announced that?
Pinball Star announced it, not JPP directly. Just because Pinball Star says to contact bengler at JJP doesn't mean that this solution is the final one recommended by JJP.
...Or you can assume that the above post by Pinball Star was meant to be a public announcement from JJP.

cmon man.... you think Pinball Star decided to just do that on their own? List specific pricing, the requirement for a serial number, and tell you to contact Barry? You don't think this came straight from JJP?

I could have misheard, so please don't quote me, but fairly certain Zach Meny stated JJP sent that communication to their distributor network. Its as official as you are going to get from them.

#947 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

cmon man.... you think Pinball Star decided to just do that on their own? List specific pricing, the requirement for a serial number, and tell you to contact Barry? You don't think this came straight from JJP?
I could have misheard, so please don't quote me, but fairly certain Zach Meny stated JJP sent that communication to their distributor network. Its as official as you are going to get from them.

That info came from JJP. It’s official.

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

There is no way in hell I'm ever paying extra for online leaderboards and trophies. Zero chance. I'm not buying multiple thousand dollar games to give a single hoot what anyone else is doing with their games...you could go so far as to say that I'm buying them specifically to AVOID what other people do with their games!

Ok sounds good.Thank you

#949 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

And you wonder why JJP doesn't just throw out free parts to anyone that complains.

Yes, I know if I was running a business I'd opt to screw over my customers out of spite for an internet forum....

#950 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

you comedians are gonna age one day also. btw never seen any fashion experts at a a pinball show neither

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,400 (OBO)
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/19?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.