tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 31.
#801 2 years ago

Just buy a $10 remote power switch and velcro the remote under the cabinet.

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Nothing from OP for over a week. Went to radio silence just after stating he spoke to Barry.
Sounds like Barry said "hey I will hook you up, just stop running your mouth"....

Lets just say I cannot confirm nor deny this to be the case.

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

More BS coming from JJP PFreak fanboy always trying to get people discussing in a JJP problem thread, all the JJP problems to look at Stern instead. Go to Stern threads for that PFreak. Lol

With almost 800 posts in this thread, he's not doing a very good job!

I just commented since I'm familiar with the EMI subject.

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Did he at least give you a reach around?

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Service as solid as Conor McGregor's leg.

#806 2 years ago

A word to the wise. Do as Zach M. just stated on his recent pinball podcast and dump your GNRs while there is still time before prices plummet even more. Like he said, a plummet in GNR value is coming big time. With threads like this one where we are all learning the truth, it will happen even faster. Hopefully Deez and Kkoss will be taken care of, but so far they haven’t been helped by JJP, whom still remains silent.

Most all GNRs appear to have growing problems, unfortunately for a game that some like. The seller has low plays and wise to sell it before even larger PF issues happen from more plays. Just like I had to do on JJP games, fix and sell right after all problems were fixed, working and look semi decent.
F1BE3534-CA0C-42B7-B587-3493DFD3DDF6 (resized).jpegF1BE3534-CA0C-42B7-B587-3493DFD3DDF6 (resized).jpeg

#807 2 years ago

Where is the link of Zach saying this? He’s a distributor so that would be pretty bold

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Where is the link of Zach saying this? He’s a distributor so that would be pretty bold

Listen from the 36 minute mark. https://overcast.fm/+XdpBMo3vE/35:59 (he’s a lover of JJP), so he gives it a more positive spin, even though he’s wisely telling listeners, GNR is at its peak, so sell now, because price trends are going down, down, down. Threads like this and JJP silence, will surely cause prices to plummet. History shows this to be true.

#809 2 years ago

Ok he wasn’t trading it due to issues, he was trading it because he believes CE market is peaked (and LE). He’s probably right due to the amount of these pins being made. People have also moved onto other pins in addition to people selling them due to not wanting to deal with issues and no warranty

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Please provide your evidence the switch placement is where it is due to a cost cutting decision.

IMG_20200427_232017 (resized).jpgIMG_20200427_232017 (resized).jpg
#811 2 years ago

I think JJPs next pin should be Motley Crue...
Very fitting I’d say ...lol

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I think JJPs next pin should be Motley Crue...
Very fitting I’d say ...lol

Oh man you are so funny!

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

A word to the wise. Do as Zach M. just stated on his recent pinball podcast and dump your GNRs while there is still time before prices plummet even more. Like he said, a plummet in GNR value is coming big time. With threads like this one where we are all learning the truth, it will happen even faster. Hopefully fattdirk and Kkoss will be taken care of, but so far they haven’t been helped by JJP, whom still remains silent.
Most all GNRs appear to have growing problems, unfortunately for a game that some like. The seller has low plays and wise to sell it before even larger PF issues happen from more plays. Just like I had to do on JJP games, fix and sell right after all problems were fixed, working and look semi decent.
[quoted image]

What nonsense. Enjoy your game if you like playing it. Who gives a fuck if you have to sell your LE for 9k if you got a ton of enjoyment out of it? You are in this hobby to play pinball and have fun right? If you can’t afford to lose a bit of cash selling a game you bought new you’re in the wrong hobby. Historically you’ve always had to sell a used game for a good amount less than NIB price.

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What nonsense. Enjoy your game if you like playing it. Who gives a fuck if you have to sell your LE for 9k if you got a ton of enjoyment out of it? You are in this hobby to play pinball and have fun right? If you can’t afford to lose a bit of cash selling a game you bought new you’re in the wrong hobby. Historically you’ve always had to sell a used game for a good amount less than NIB price.

Don't feed the troll. He has one goal on this site and that's spreading misinformation and hate against JJP. I don't think he owns a single pin, let alone a JJP. His behavior is odd, bizarre, etc. Best to leverage the ignore feature and never read that nonsense again.

Loving my GNR and everything it has to offer, it's one hell of an amazing pin. I could care less if it goes up or down $500 like you said lol.

#815 2 years ago

I thought it had to do with making those certifications they have to get easier? I’m sure that’s cheaper, but also would eliminate some possible delays in the production process and allow games to get out faster.

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Please provide your evidence the switch placement is where it is due to a cost cutting decision.

1.The power button used to be in an easily accessible location.

2. The power button is no longer in an easily accessible location.

3. Stern could run some wire from the power supply and install a power switch at the traditional easily accessible location but choose not to.

This decision comes across as another cost cutting move along with the cheaper lock down bar latches, removal of the traditional head lock, 3/4 sheet metal head, cheaper cabinet brackets, plastic exterior cabinet protectors versus metal, and yes even cheaper tilt bobs...

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

3. Stern could run some wire from the power supply and install a power switch at the traditional easily accessible location but choose not to.

I recall Gomez addressing this in the video regarding the spike system. They removed all line voltage from the bottom cabinet and coin door which streamlined the UL approval process. They now will send you a cable that plugs into the power distribution board so you can run the line voltage to the coin door yourself for a bill validator. Overall I agree it was a cost saving measure but seems to be an overall good design in my mind. Especially since kids can no longer reach the power switch on my games and turn them off of route.

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't feed the troll. He has one goal on this site and that's spreading misinformation and hate against JJP. I don't think he owns a single pin, let alone a JJP. His behavior is odd, bizarre, etc. Best to leverage the ignore feature and never read that nonsense again.
Loving my GNR and everything it has to offer, it's one hell of an amazing pin. I could care less if it goes up or down $500 like you said lol.

What about when GNR goes down 30%? You know its coming, lol. With all the nonstop GNR horror stories being revealed, it can’t stay up in value. (Thanks PFreak for continuing to read my posts. You know you love them.)

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This decision comes across as another cost cutting move along with the cheaper lock down bar latches, removal of the traditional head lock, 3/4 sheet metal head, cheaper cabinet brackets, plastic exterior cabinet protectors versus metal, and yes even cheaper tilt bobs...

Don’t stop slamming Stern, feels too good right? Whose the real troll???

#819 2 years ago

Just like the lock down bar clamps. WAY better design.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just like the lock down bar clamps. WAY better design.

All the designs Stern has come out with in the last few years since Batman have been for the betterment of pinball, not cost saving measures. Lock down bar far superior to my JJPs. Power button location far superior, unless you’re a midget and can’t reach it, lol. Under cabinet is old tech and not efficient. We have to pay for all JJPs inefficiencies, like the power button. JJPs LCD screen placement is definitely old school and troublesome trying to get to other components; its in the way. Stern’s is never in the way and more efficient use of screen real estate and less confusing than JJPs. The list goes on and on and one of the reasons, Stern’s sell for so much less than a JJP. Stern LE $9200. JJP equivalent CE, $13,500. No way there is $4,300 more in a JJP CE over a Stern LE (both companies same tier offering). Again, we are paying for all the inefficiencies of JJP inexperienced low manufacturing off the shelf techniques. Can almost buy a Stern pro for the difference in price. Baffling why we have paid such ridiculous JJP pricing up to this point and suffer now with a no warranty product. This thread and many more are filled with JJP horror stories.

#821 2 years ago

This is the 21st century, you can buy a $10 smart plug from Amazon and turn your machine on and off with your phone.

#822 2 years ago

Alexa, let’s play pinball.

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I recall Gomez addressing this in the video regarding the spike system. They removed all line voltage from the bottom cabinet and coin door which streamlined the UL approval process. They now will send you a cable that plugs into the power distribution board so you can run the line voltage to the coin door yourself for a bill validator. Overall I agree it was a cost saving measure but seems to be an overall good design in my mind. Especially since kids can no longer reach the power switch on my games and turn them off of route.

I didn't think about that from an operator perspective, that's a good point.

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Lock down bar far superior to my JJPs.

So what JJPs do you own?

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

This is the 21st century, you can buy a $10 smart plug from Amazon and turn your machine on and off with your phone.

Exactly, what kind of savage still hits the physical button? They probably still have a washboard.

#826 2 years ago

I personally love the newer style lockdown latches. Could care less about the new switch placement. I do care about artwork flaking off playfields though.

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

What about when GNR goes down 30%? You know its coming, lol. With all the nonstop GNR horror stories being revealed, it can’t stay up in value. (Thanks PFreak for continuing to read my posts. You know you love them.)

Don’t stop slamming Stern, feels too good right? Whose the real troll???

Horror stories? You mean the exact same issues they’ve had with every game since potc? Pooling and chipping certainly killed the value of that game- and wonky too. If you’re holding out for a 30% reduced LE you’re going to be waiting for a while bud.

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought it had to do with making those certifications they have to get easier? I’m sure that’s cheaper, but also would eliminate some possible delays in the production process and allow games to get out faster.

Come on Chuck , making the certifications easier ?
You still have to go through the whole process no matter where the switch is .
Have you ever heard a company saying our game is delayed because of the position of our on/off switch .
And every other company has that on/off switch , in the traditional position .
I'm tall so it doesn't worry me but if you were a shorter person , I can see it being a big pain in the ass .

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm tall so it doesn't worry me but if you were a shorter person , I can see it being a big pain in the ass .

I’m not tall at all (5’ 9” and seem to be shrinking) but personally find it to be not even worthy of discussion at least as any kind of hardship.

#830 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Next you'll hear the physical knocker was removed because people wanted it like that because it used to much electricity , and it wasn't cross-cutting decision

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I’m not tall at all (5’ 9” and seem to be shrinking) but personally find it to be not even worthy of discussion at least as any kind of hardship.

Well , if you're 4 foot tall and had your games lined up together you might find it an issue

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I personally love the newer style lockdown latches.

Yep , it's so much quicker and easier fiddling around to find 2 latches which you can't see , instead of just pulling a handle across .
I wish jjp would go to that method

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Well , if you're 4 foot tall and had your games lined up together you might find it an issue

I think someone that is 4’ tall can probably find bigger complaints about life hardships than that! If I am going to play devil’s advocate though, a MUCH better example would be someone who is constrained to a wheel chair. They would need to modify the power switch without question.

#834 2 years ago

Updating my gnr has been nothing but a pita . I tried wireless two usb sticks and I’m still on version 1.12!
I’m gojng to scream !

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I think someone that is 4’ tall can probably find bigger complaints about life hardships than that!

Fair point , but if the on/off switch was in the traditional position , that would be one less thing in their life they would have to complain about

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:Updating my gnr has been nothing but a pita . I tried wireless two usb sticks and I’m still on version 1.12!
I’m gojng to scream !

does JJP not sell known working Wifi dongles?

#837 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

As a tall person I find it frustrating I cant see whats going on in the back of some games, we all have our struggles . Also a huge pain in the ass whenever shopping for cars that dont make me feel like I need a chiropractor every time I get out. No one ever stops to think "what about the tall people".

Were just a forgotten afterthought in the game of life.

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

does JJP not sell known working Wifi dongles?

I found the wifi updates to be slow and derpy, and I have gigabit internet with enterprise wireless access points. Im sure this will improve with time, but personally I saw no advantage in its current state, sometimes taking longer than traditional usb updates.

Again, this will improve with time with no additional cost to the consumer im sure.

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Updating my gnr has been nothing but a pita . I tried wireless two usb sticks and I’m still on version 1.12!
I’m gojng to scream !

Try using the smallest size drive you can, maybe a 16g stick or even a 8g stick

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I found the wifi updates to be slow and derpy, and I have gigabit internet with enterprise wireless access points. Im sure this will improve with time, but personally I saw no advantage in its current state, sometimes taking longer than traditional usb updates.
Again, this will improve with time with no additional cost to the consumer im sure.

I’ve had no issues, weird

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:As a tall person I find it frustrating I cant see whats going on in the back of some games, we all have our struggles . Also a huge pain in the ass whenever shopping for cars that dont make me feel like I need a chiropractor every time I get out. No one ever stops to think "what about the tall people".
Were just a forgotten afterthought in the game of life.

With all due respect , as tall people , aren't we the only people who can see what's happening in the back of a game ?

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Also a huge pain in the ass whenever shopping for cars that dont make me feel like I need a chiropractor every time I get out.

Embrace the minivan my friend. Embrace the minivan. Haha

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Come on Chuck , making the certifications easier ?
You still have to go through the whole process no matter where the switch is .
Have you ever heard a company saying our game is delayed because of the position of our on/off switch .

See the post above about Gomez sighting exactly what I said. If you think he’s lying, fair, but I believe the change was made to relieve a rather large annoyance in the game making process.

#844 2 years ago

I won’t be buying a JJP game 100% on how they have treated their customers.

Sure issues pop up but it’s all about how you resolve those issues.

I must say stern has been great about resolving any issues with games and i continue to do business with them partially for that reason.

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern modernized their machines and eliminated the boat anchor transformer from the base cabinet in favor of a much more reliable system using a single voltage PC power supply in the head and DC-to-DC converters at the node boards. So 35 pounds of transformer and wiring are no longer in the base cabinet, the power enters the head directly and there is never any a/c power in the base cabinet unless you add a dollar bill changer. So it is more of a reliability and modernization than a cost cutting. Putting the power switch back where it used to be would be an added expense rather than one that was cut at this point. This also freed up space to mount the shaker over on the right side of the base cabinet instead of being completely cramped in where it used to be.

If it really bothers people the problem can be solved in 30 seconds for $13. Just plug the machine into a remote power controller and mount the remote under the cabinet with velcro where the button can be reached.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B072F9DGRL/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_AXCC9J3XFRXVA9PK9VP5

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

cheaper lock down bar latches

I suppose they might be cheaper, but I like them better. In fact I will say that I like them a LOT better now that I have used them a while. They are more secure and a much simpler design. They don't need to be adjusted and don't allow the lock bar to slide around when someone gets a little rough with nudging. Why is this important? The old mechs allow the lock bar to slide forward and cut into the powder coating on the side rails. This was never a problem before games were all powder coated, but now a more secure system is needed. If it happens to cost less then win-win. I've seen that powder chipping on JJP, AP and Chicago games.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

removal of the traditional head lock, 3/4 sheet metal head

So they changed the lock and that is a problem? There is still a lock there and it still cost the same amount I would assume. I also really like the metal heads and the speaker panel that aims to the player for better sound, less reflection off the playfield glass and better view of the screen.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

plastic exterior cabinet protectors versus metal, and yes even cheaper tilt bobs

Once again I like the plastic better. If you can get past the fact that they are less expensive you will again notice that all of the legs and especially the LEs have powder coating now. The plastic doesn't dig in and chip the powder coating and start rust (in the Florida humidity). It also lets me feel a lot better about really tightening the leg bolts down, so the game plays good and firm without wobbling. As for the tilt bob's, I will take your word on them since you must be Stern's accountant, but I have never noticed that they work any less effectively than any other tilt bob.

You forgot to mention the removal of the coffin latch in favor of the mini-leg bolts to secure the head? Again something that cost less, but is a big upgrade to me. I hated those old latches and always lost or had the hex wrench stolen. Now one tool puts the legs on and secures the head too.

You also forgot to mention the that cabinets are now built like a brick shit house. Sterns from three years ago had cheap particle board bottoms and now are 3/4 birch plywood. No one is complaining about cracking any more either and that didn't come from cost cutting since the days of those flimsy cabinets. They also eliminated the playfield pegs on Pros a long time ago and went back to the more expensive rails. That was a cost cutting that failed and was corrected.

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

At some point this hobby went from buying a NIB pin, playing the hell out of it and then selling for a 500+ dollar loss at some point down the road.

To where we are now, buy a NIB pin, stick a bunch of plastic dolls all over it, hardly play it, then expect all your money back or even a profit when you sell.

I remember laughing and saying to my buddy, "here goes $1000" as I ripped open my NIB SM back in 2008.

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you think he’s lying, fair, but I believe the change was made to relieve a rather large annoyance in the game making process.

I'm not saying that he was lying but I do think the decision was a cost cutting exercise , just like the plastic aprons they use now .
I can't see anyone preferring the plastic aprons , except for some people that say it makes the game lighter

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm not saying that he was lying but I do think the decision was a cost cutting exercise , just like the plastic aprons they use now .
I can't see anyone preferring the plastic aprons , except for some people that say it makes the game lighter

That’s where I’m right with ya. Metal aprons are so nice. Glad my STH LE and GOT Prem have them.

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s where I’m right with ya. Metal aprons are so nice. Glad my STH LE and GOT Prem have them.

Yeah the plastic aprons suck. Fortunately they are only in Pros and I never buy Pros.

#850 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah the plastic aprons suck. Fortunately they are only in Pros and I never buy Pros.

The one thing I do like , is how they light up the instruction cards .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/17?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.