tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 31.
#751 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

. GnR isn't as fun to play as it is made out to be.

Same with every new game.

Better start a new thread about it.

#752 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I wanted to love GnR but it just isn't coded in a way that has me coming back for more.
There are epic moments with Live and Let Die etc, but overall it's too much of a grind.
Do stuff again and again to start a song, and then collect a ton of patches to ramp up song jackpot.
If you like lots of thinking, strategy and slow build up's, then I get why it's a game for a lot of people.

To me Iron Maiden is boring. Glad there are different pins to choose from.

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

To me Iron Maiden is boring. Glad there are different pins to choose from.

Everybody likes different games for sure.

Very different games, and very different speeds!!!

#754 2 years ago
Quoted from loghome895:

I blame EVERYTHING on COVID !

or just the common flu bug, it is virtually the same.

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

FFS, why don't we just go back to the days of only Stern making games and barely scraping by? Why does everyone have to pick a team and hate on the other manufacurers constantly? Not to mention hate on the people who enjoy different pins or enjoy pinball in different ways from themselves? What a waste of flipping time. We all (supposedly) love pinball. I wonder if some of the people on here even like pinball so much as they like trying to look like badasses on pinside. News flash... you're still all dorks.

This has nothing to do with pinball. Throw out a industry and someone has taken a side. Brand loyalty is a real thing, even though these days there's almost zero reason to have any. Every company can turn to shit at the drop of the hat once they shift from 'growing to please customers because they love it' to, 'shit we gotta do this for the rest of our lives and need investors and be able to fund our lifestyle and kids college funds'. Taking sides is literally what this country does best.

That being said, we don't want to go back to the days of Stern only, those games are for the most part horrible.

#756 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

FFS, why don't we just go back to the days of only Stern making games and barely scraping by? Why does everyone have to pick a team and hate on the other manufacurers constantly? Not to mention hate on the people who enjoy different pins or enjoy pinball in different ways from themselves? What a waste of flipping time. We all (supposedly) love pinball. I wonder if some of the people on here even like pinball so much as they like trying to look like badasses on pinside. News flash... you're still all dorks.

I think we just want a bit more quality assurance, regardless of manufacturer. BTW, nice avatar.

#757 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Cause its fun to disagree and be a dick. The other option is too just agree and be kind to one another, that sounds like a fuckin nightmare. I doubt its ever a full blown hate anyway, and if it is then ur taking pinball way too seriously.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#758 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

To me Iron Maiden is boring.

See.

Classic fanboy response. "yeah but Stern"

I get not liking the theme and in turn disliking the game but "boring" what a joke.

#759 2 years ago

Played some POTC today. Guess this what one can expect after playing them.

2A70965D-305E-42DA-B4D9-0BD1F81B4B10 (resized).jpeg2A70965D-305E-42DA-B4D9-0BD1F81B4B10 (resized).jpeg6F7C0FD8-3371-409F-90E5-86900A92D5BC (resized).jpeg6F7C0FD8-3371-409F-90E5-86900A92D5BC (resized).jpegA0F5A5B7-8437-490B-8854-9CC2DA11581B (resized).jpegA0F5A5B7-8437-490B-8854-9CC2DA11581B (resized).jpegA419EFF8-CB97-493A-BC56-7D7091B99A06 (resized).jpegA419EFF8-CB97-493A-BC56-7D7091B99A06 (resized).jpeg
#760 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn man you need to sell that as quick as possible.I’ll give you what it cost new right now and pick it up this weekend!

#761 2 years ago

Don’t care care of your game and they all will look like that. That ball might as well be sandpaper.

#762 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That ball might as well be sandpaper.

And the spinner can be lowered to prevent hang ups.

LTG : )

#763 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Oh geez. Didn’t even see all that wear at first on the spinner. Whoa baby.

#764 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh geez. Didn’t even see all that wear at first on the spinner. Whoa baby.

Balls in that shape are hard on a game.

#765 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can say that again.

#766 2 years ago

I've avoided much of this thread but... how many games on that JJP POTC and is it a home machine or on a route?
I'm not saying any answer you give will excuse the conditions, but it will provide context.

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This is hard to type without chuckling but how frequently should balls be polished? I try to stay on top of mine. Was curious how often you all polish and ultimately replace?

#768 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

how frequently should balls be polished?

I don't polish them.

I've found that polished they magnetize quicker and don't stay shiny as long.

When they start getting a satin finish. I replace them. This is in commercial use.

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't polish them.
I've found that polished they magnetize quicker and don't stay shiny as long.
When they start getting a satin finish. I replace them. This is in commercial use.

Interesting! Good to know.

#770 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It was the sticker peeling up, the ball would hop up when going over it cuz it was lowered all ready. Shook it loose and RDTM

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Peace out POTC. Word

016D6112-52AF-4848-8E52-764ACF052FE0 (resized).png016D6112-52AF-4848-8E52-764ACF052FE0 (resized).png
#772 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I've avoided much of this thread but... how many games on that JJP POTC and is it a home machine or on a route?
I'm not saying any answer you give will excuse the conditions, but it will provide context.

That game has had some serious use - would be location for sure.

Look at the condition of the rubber near the saucer!

Playfield is still crap, and thats what you get if you dont take care of a JJP game. They're definitely not a set and forget Stern or Bally Williams game.

rubber (resized).jpgrubber (resized).jpg

#773 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Stern or Bally Williams game.

You set and forget anything and it will be a mess eventually.

#774 2 years ago

I don’t see why all the misdirected personal stuff is here.

JJP makes really pretty and elaborate games. They are truly works of mechanical art.
They have a some quality problems and have for years.
They have a much bigger customer service / relations problem and have for years.

The customer service problem is likely driven from the top of the company. They are too small to not know if a mid or low level person is ruining their reputation. I assume there are many great people working there that want to deliver top notch products and service.

For transparency, I’ve owned three games.
WoZ ECLE - Original owner. I traded it, but it had minimal issues. Subsequent owner had light board issues.
Dialed In Standard - 3rd owner. No issues.
GNR LE is fine and has no issues so far with extremely low plays.

#775 2 years ago

JJP lost me as a customer

Quoted from jimwe5t:

JJP is not as confident as you appear to be with their product and poor manufacturing. Look no further than their severely reduced, “almost no warranty” to see they too have no faith in their own product and manufacturing.
JJP simply tells all its customers with failed product, to go buy your own washer kit or whatever kit (insert warranty claim issue). In the case of fattdirk who started this thread, go buy your own computer main board…why would anyone have confidence like you are reporting, in a classless company like JJP???

I do agree with the assessment the JJP’s obviously does not have confidence in the quality of their products given the warranty that they put out.

I also received a Guns N’ Roses limited edition with a shitty playfield. I have less than 200 games and I have pooling and cracking on my playfield in multiple areas. JJP has been terrible about the customer service. I wouldn’t call it customer service, they have done nothing. They won’t admit there’s a problem. They tell customers that they don’t recommend us modifying our machines. They don’t put out official bulletins on how to actually fix or mitigate this fucking problem. I have had a bunch of stern machines and I’ve had great experiences with them. I don’t think I’m going to be buying a JJP’s ever again and it’s a bummer because I actually love this freaking game. They could’ve had me as a customer for life but now they will have me telling people to avoid them. They don’t give a crap about their customers or quality. Obviously when Jack sold off half of that company to an investment firms the place went down the toilet. My hope is spooky and other companies will come and steal the business from them. JJP does not deserve to keep making money if they keep delivering this crap quality and ghosting customers. The playfields are such garbage that you can’t even re-coat the clear because the artwork is peeling off. The only way to fix this is to replace an actual playfield but they won’t do that. Oh yeah they did offer to sell me one.

#776 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

See.
Classic fanboy response. "yeah but Stern"
I get not liking the theme and in turn disliking the game but "boring" what a joke.

Lol. I knew the Sternboy would respond.

#777 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

JJP lost me as a customer

I do agree with the assessment the JJP’s obviously does not have confidence in the quality of their products given the warranty that they put out.
I also received a Guns N’ Roses limited edition with a shitty playfield. I have less than 200 games and I have pooling and cracking on my playfield in multiple areas. JJP has been terrible about the customer service. I wouldn’t call it customer service, they have done nothing. They won’t admit there’s a problem. They tell customers that they don’t recommend us modifying our machines. They don’t put out official bulletins on how to actually fix or mitigate this fucking problem. I have had a bunch of stern machines and I’ve had great experiences with them. I don’t think I’m going to be buying a JJP’s ever again and it’s a bummer because I actually love this freaking game. They could’ve had me as a customer for life but now they will have me telling people to avoid them. They don’t give a crap about their customers or quality. Obviously when Jack sold off half of that company to an investment firms the place went down the toilet. My hope is spooky and other companies will come and steal the business from them. JJP does not deserve to keep making money if they keep delivering this crap quality and ghosting customers. The playfields are such garbage that you can’t even re-coat the clear because the artwork is peeling off. The only way to fix this is to replace an actual playfield but they won’t do that. Oh yeah they did offer to sell me one.

Your experience with JJP is more evidence of a company living in complete denial of real world problems with their products. JJPs motto is similar to French Queen Marie Antoinette that famously quipped, “let them eat cake”, as the proletariat were complaining and rioting over extremely poor conditions in the country. Queen JJPs motto to a tea, they simply don’t care (“let them buy their own washer kit, lol”), so why should we care any longer about JJP products? (Queen Marie was beheaded for her flippant attitude - Queen JJP will not recover from this either, unless they turn a 180 and quick.)

#778 2 years ago

Let’s play a game.

Tell me you are are a JJP owner without telling me

FBECC6BF-781E-4226-A5C1-28A778CE6890 (resized).jpegFBECC6BF-781E-4226-A5C1-28A778CE6890 (resized).jpeg
#779 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I knew the Sternboy would respond.

No such thing. But JJP fanboys are very real. U know that.

#780 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No such thing. But JJP fanboys are very real. U know that.

Bullcrap. You are a Stern FANBOY big time. Who are you kidding.

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

On route Over at Tilt in Mpls.

I just figure looking a routed machine can help predict its future. They have a TZ and TAF whos playfields are still very nice.

#782 2 years ago

Nothing from OP for over a week. Went to radio silence just after stating he spoke to Barry.
Sounds like Barry said "hey I will hook you up, just stop running your mouth"....

#783 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Nothing from OP for over a week. Went to radio silence just after stating he spoke to Barry.
Sounds like Barry said "hey I will hook you up, just stop running your mouth"....

The good thing about this thread and others like it , it puts pressure on JPP to change their ways , and hopefully they realise it will cost more money in the long term than save money in the short term .

#784 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Bullcrap. You are a Stern FANBOY big time. Who are you kidding.

Whatever helps u deal with ur Fanboy problem I'll go along with it. I mean JJP fanboys have been calling anyone with criticism to their precious "second coming" pin company a Stern fanboy for almost a decade now.

#785 2 years ago

You down with JPP? Yeah you know me!!

#786 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

All the more reason for everybody to be extremely vocal if you are unhappy with lack of support. Start a million Pinside threads if that's what it takes to get them to take you guys with issues that need to be addressed seriously. You can see that contacting JJP direct and going through a distributor don't necessarily have the weight of a hot pinside thread.

#787 2 years ago

Will anyone at the show discuss the great service they receive with this guy?

Screenshot_20210730-110015_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210730-110015_Facebook (resized).jpg
#788 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You down with JPP? Yeah you know me!!

That just MAY go over the head of most of us older guys over here... but not me! lol

Annoying fucking "song"

#789 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

I think Jack may go into this mode when dreaded playfield questions arise.

depositphotos_28934625-stock-illustration-cartoon-three-monkeys (resized).jpgdepositphotos_28934625-stock-illustration-cartoon-three-monkeys (resized).jpg
#790 2 years ago

Jack getting ready for Pinfest:

6AM alarm call... shit, shower, shave... flamesuit on

#791 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

I met Jack and he’s a great guy. I’m pretty sure the issues are nothing in his control now. This is Eric & Trust Fund Owners problem to solve

#792 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think Jack may go into this mode when dreaded playfield questions arise. [quoted image]

Isn't the last "Have no fun" monkey missing?

#793 2 years ago

JJP feels changed since Jack was heading the ship. Love to hear his thoughts on its present course; good bad and otherwise.

#794 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah was going to say, the heads on older games would get quite toasty thanks to all the 555s and 44s burning away, but all Stern has up there now is a glorified raspberry pi and a power supply. JJP has what, an LCD and LED strip? Metal heads are cheaper/easier to make AND they cut shipping weight (and help make the game easier for lil guys like me to shove around, thanks!)

Per a comment Gomez, the metal head is also an EMI enclosure. That's also the reason the power got moved in there too.

#795 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Per a comment Gomez, the metal head is also an EMI enclosure. That's also the reason the power got moved in there too.

Makes sense but why can't Stern at least spend an extra $1 - $2 per game for some longer wire connected to a power switch in the traditional easily accessible location? Cost cutting at its worst.

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

why can't Stern at least spend an extra $1 - $2 per game for some longer wire connected to a power switch in the traditional easily accessible location? Cost cutting at its worst.

Please provide your evidence the switch placement is where it is due to a cost cutting decision.

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Makes sense but why can't Stern at least spend an extra $1 - $2 per game for some longer wire connected to a power switch in the traditional easily accessible location? Cost cutting at its worst.

I sure don't disagree w/your comment, Panzar. A EMI choke that clamps on to the wires should mitigate any EMI problems.

I had to deal with EMI testing for decades in my designs. Always a way to solve a problem.

I'm OK with the switch in the back since I can easily reach it. But it's a big PIA for the wife. She's not very tall and the lineup doesn't have much room between them.

#798 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I sure don't disagree w/your comment, Panzar. A EMI choke that clamps on to the wires should mitigate any EMI problems.
I had to deal with EMI testing for decades in my designs. Always a way to solve a problem.
I'm OK with the switch in the back since I can easily reach it. But it's a big PIA for the wife. She's not very tall and the lineup doesn't have much room between them.

I miss it beneath the cabinet. I am height challenged like your wife. When the pins are lined up head to head it can be a stretch. I have to make sure I don’t have a belt buckle that may scratch when I lean over. First world problems.

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Please provide your evidence the switch placement is where it is due to a cost cutting decision.

Cost cutting or not, it was a bad decision...

#800 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

More BS coming from JJP PFreak fanboy always trying to get people discussing in a JJP problem thread, all the JJP problems to look at Stern instead. Go to Stern threads for that PFreak. Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.