tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 31.
#701 2 years ago

All this bickering amongst ourselves and yet JJP can’t build games fast enough to keep up with orders.

No wonder they ignore Pinside.

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

All this bickering amongst ourselves and yet JJP can’t build games fast enough to keep up with orders.

To be fair, they are still building games ordered last year before we saw the first issues with G&R. Some people may hesitate to pull the trigger next time.

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Apparently the flow of games out of the factory has been slow and very sporadic because of parts issues. There's no way all of these threads plus the many games on the secondary market haven't cut into new sales and caused cancelled sales.

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Ask anyone fool, what I say 440 miles away would be said twice as loud to your face and all you would do is PISS YOUR PANTS!!!!

I feel like you and Oneangrymo would get along really well.

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:I feel like you and Oneangrymo would get along really well.

Judging by the feedback I think you're right

Screenshot_20210728-094932_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210728-094932_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#706 2 years ago

Gotta love the internet... people just live to argue these days.

The truth (as usual) is somewhere in the middle and everyone has valid points on each company.

I have owned games from both companies and dont really give a shit who makes a pinball machine as long as it doesnt suck (and both have made some dogs).

Doesnt change the fact that JJP has some serious quality control and support issues at the moment which is supposed to be the point of thread.

#707 2 years ago

I blame EVERYTHING on COVID !

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from loghome895:

I blame EVERYTHING on COVID !

Dutch Elm Disease is a serious threat!

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

the back box heat is immense.

That's a load of crap. If the electronic components in the backbox require a metal head because they are immensely hot, you've got a design problem.

Quoted from jimwe5t:

usually chooses off the shelf or inferior solutions

Name them. Give examples of the inferior solutions.

Quoted from jimwe5t:

Every Stern I’ve purchased just works right out of the box

Good for you. I had to fix the deathstar raising ramp mech for a friend of mine on his SW, right out of the box.

Quoted from jimwe5t:

Every JJP has been a monumental “constantly fixing” undertaking for myself and friends that own them.

Not my experience with my Hobbit. I only had to tighten the M.A.N. drop target assembly on mine and replace one drop target spring (and JJP sent me the more beefier springs for free). Granted, I don't run mine in a barcade.

I'll agree 100% that the pf issues are BS, as they were on Stern machines not too long ago, for various other reasons. But to say that JJP games are flawed when it comes to its engineering, that I disagree 100%. But whatever, just my opinion based on certain facts. Cheers.

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What are you talking about , half the posts on this thread are about Stern

Gee I wonder who is bringin them up. Of course people are responding once its brought into it, take the response out and its all comparison that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Slap urself with that hand kind sir.

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Gotta love the internet... people just live to argue these days.

Well of course they do. They always did or at least wanted to but long ago ur argument could get u beatin up or worse now u can hide out with ur keyboard and let loose. I prefer the old way. We are exchanging opinions and that leads to discussion and ultimately arguing when old guys are talking about their over priced toys.

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The cabinet issues had nothing to do with brackets. Those brackets don’t hold the cabinet together. Proper construction of the joints and glue does. Look at all the thousands of games that came before GB that didn’t have this issue, and didn’t use the WPC brackets.
They simply got a bad batch of cabinets from their vendor.

Did Stern change to using cheaper / small cabinet brackets at some point and after these issues made a bracket change? It's cost cutting changes like that that are disappointing to see at these all time record high prices. I swear Stern must have regularly quarter meetings about "What can we make cheaper next". Same goes for the exterior leg protectors, why are they plastic versus metal?

Like you said, it was probably the cabinet construction and lack of glue that caused those issues. I remember calling Stern about the cabinet issue years back before I ordered my Ghostbusters Premium. I was promptly told "There are no issues, some cabinets just didn't get enough glue". At least Stern sent out new cabinets for some people. If it was JJP they may have literally sent some glue and brackets over lol.

Video from Spida1a being sent a new Ghostbusters cabinet after a year of ownership. Now this is great customer service!

#713 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well of course they do. They always did or at least wanted to but long ago ur argument could get u beatin up or worse now u can hide out with ur keyboard and let loose. I prefer the old way. We are exchanging opinions and that leads to discussion and ultimately arguing when old guys are talking about their over priced toys.

Hazoff you so cray cray!

This is like insult tennis. And I agree. Long live the days of a punch or two then things got settled. This modern day weak sauce is weird and wrong.

30AE06EF-6E9F-4678-97C2-A2D24DD9B901.gif30AE06EF-6E9F-4678-97C2-A2D24DD9B901.gif

#714 2 years ago

One more time please.

timburton.0.0 (resized).jpgtimburton.0.0 (resized).jpg
#715 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

That's a load of crap. If the electronic components in the backbox require a metal head because they are immensely hot, you've got a design problem.

Name them. Give examples of the inferior solutions.

Good for you. I had to fix the deathstar raising ramp mech for a friend of mine on his SW, right out of the box.

Not my experience with my Hobbit. I only had to tighten the M.A.N. drop target assembly on mine and replace one drop target spring (and JJP sent me the more beefier springs for free). Granted, I don't run mine in a barcade.
I'll agree 100% that the pf issues are BS, as they were on Stern machines not too long ago, for various other reasons. But to say that JJP games are flawed when it comes to its engineering, that I disagree 100%. But whatever, just my opinion based on certain facts. Cheers.

To sum it all up, no further examples are needed: JJP is not as confident as you appear to be with their product and poor manufacturing. Look no further than their severely reduced, “almost no warranty” to see they too have no faith in their own product and manufacturing. You are clearly ignoring that major fact. JJP does not think what I explained above is a “load of crap”, as by JJPs own actions, they fully agree with what I’ve written. Again that’s not an opinion, that’s fact evidenced by their own almost no warranty policy, nor will JJP honor warranty claims for all their consumers owning their faulty poorly designed and engineered product.

JJP simply tells all its customers with failed product, to go buy your own washer kit or whatever kit (insert warranty claim issue). In the case of Deez who started this thread, go buy your own computer main board…why would anyone have confidence like you are reporting, in a classless company like JJP???

#716 2 years ago

Jack should have tried to be Charlie instead of Gary.

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Yeah was going to say, the heads on older games would get quite toasty thanks to all the 555s and 44s burning away, but all Stern has up there now is a glorified raspberry pi and a power supply. JJP has what, an LCD and LED strip? Metal heads are cheaper/easier to make AND they cut shipping weight (and help make the game easier for lil guys like me to shove around, thanks!)

#718 2 years ago

I just want to hear from the OP....what the hell is happening??

#719 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Dutch Elm Disease is a serious threat!

Hey, Leave DP out of this!
tenor.giftenor.gif

#720 2 years ago

"fire hazards are greater with all wood"

tenor2.giftenor2.gif
#721 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Slap urself with that hand kind sir.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4a2ba12fef15505ceb7839cf7adfef98e3db1bc8-1627550102-1800"};
//]]>

#722 2 years ago

Poor seller, even after reducing price can’t even trade GNR away, after 2 weeks. Come on JJP, help your customers with legitimate warranty claims. No one wants to buy without warranty help. Take care of @fattdirk.

4CE1EF35-EA11-4937-8A7B-A90E8F4FB453 (resized).jpeg4CE1EF35-EA11-4937-8A7B-A90E8F4FB453 (resized).jpeg

NIB sales have had to have fallen or being canceled all over with JJP silence.

#723 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Poor seller, even after reducing price can’t even trade GNR away, after 2 weeks. Come on JJP, help your customers with legitimate warranty claims. No one wants to buy without warranty help. Take care of fattdirk.
[quoted image]
NIB sales have had to have fallen or being canceled all over with JJP silence.

I can beat that .

IMG_20210729_210144 (resized).jpgIMG_20210729_210144 (resized).jpg
#724 2 years ago

Really disappointed at JJP quality and customer service.

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I can beat that .
[quoted image]

Slash is also getting rid of his GNR machine??? Wow! (Says, posted by Slash. Even Slash is fed up with JJP bad quality, lol.)

#726 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Slash is also getting rid of his GNR machine??? Wow!

Prove it!

#727 2 years ago

Can’t you read the bottom left of that ad? Posted by Slash…

#728 2 years ago

I don’t think thats real. I know YOU want it to be.

#729 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I don’t think thats real. I know YOU want it to be.

No, wouldn’t like to see Slash dumping it too, but his asking price sure seems like it could be him or otherwise, that seller is not in reality. With all the issues surrounding GNR now, could he even get what he paid for it I wonder?

Fire sales happening all over and after weeks still there. JJP needs to stand behind their products to make this stop.

03F9E6AD-B2E1-4564-A0D4-010EBAE94A51 (resized).jpeg03F9E6AD-B2E1-4564-A0D4-010EBAE94A51 (resized).jpeg88E37388-D93A-4B0D-AE1C-4F40FDB2962D (resized).jpeg88E37388-D93A-4B0D-AE1C-4F40FDB2962D (resized).jpeg

#730 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

No, wouldn’t like to see Slash dumping it too, but his asking price sure seems like it could be him or otherwise, that seller is not in reality. With all the issues surrounding GNR now, could he even get what he paid for it i wonder?

The weird question is why would he now just be opening it? You know he got the second one off the line.

#731 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The weird question is why would he now just be opening it? You know he got the second one off the line.

Yes, I would agree, weird.

#732 2 years ago

Sorry guys , it isn't Slash , it's just someone who is using that name who lives down the road from me .
He might get 25K for it , otherwise it's better to get one from the US and ship it over .

#733 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Nobody can seem to chime in here without taking a side, it’s fuckin gold

I'm on the Pin-side.

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Metal heads are cheaper/easier to make AND they cut shipping weight

Agreed. Makes total sense. But it's not because the components inside the head get too hot that it would set a wood head on fire. That would be an insane design flaw. If that were the case, my server room would be an inferno right now?

I am not saying that JJP is right with their approach regarding the bad playfields. I am not saying that at all. And yes, changing the warranty is a total douchebag move and I am really disappointed as well. Yes, my JJP bubble for new machines has burst...

I am saying I think it's unfair to say that JJP machines are flawed everywhere else (in spite of the crappy playfields which JJP did not manufacture).

I am saying that there's no need to fear a sturdy and nice JJP machine that has already been produced and played / maintained. For the same reasons that I would still consider buying a stable and nice Ghostbusters machine right now.

That's all.

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Fire sales happening all over and after weeks still there. JJP needs to stand behind their products to make this stop.

Probably going to get a bunch of downvotes for this but I don't think the playfield chipping is the only reason for the sell offs. GnR isn't as fun to play as it is made out to be. It's weird because there are parts of the game that are quite impressive. Some games are better than the sum of all of it's parts (music, art, playfield design, etc). GnR is sort of the opposite. And I am saying this as someone who owned an SE and played the LE a bunch of times. I really wanted to like GnR but in the end, I traded it away.

#736 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Probably going to get a bunch of downvotes for this but I don't think the playfield chipping is the only reason for the sell offs. GnR isn't as fun to play as it is made out to be. It's weird because there are parts of the game that are quite impressive. Some games are better than the sum of all of it's parts (music, art, playfield design, etc). GnR is sort of the opposite. And I am saying this as someone who owned an SE and played the LE a bunch of times. I really wanted to like GnR but in the end, I traded it away.

Yup. Pinside is a fickle bunch.

Its the greatest game of all time and bolted to my floor for all eternity!!!!!

Oh wait... everyone is selling?

for sale, low plays, price drop, someone please trade this for just about anything.

This is what you get when most of the buyers just buy games based on hype and nothing else (pre-buy no less)

#737 2 years ago

Yup. Pinside is a fickle bunch.
Its the greatest game of all time and bolted to my floor for all eternity!!!!!
Oh wait... everyone is selling?
for sale, low plays, price drop, someone please trade this for just about anything.
This is what you get when most of the buyers just buy games based on hype and nothing else (pre-buy no less)

This is the same with Stern pins. I got to have it. Holy crap best Stern ever. 2 weeks later for sale. Well it just didn't do anything for me. Lol.

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This is the same with Stern pins. I got to have it. Holy crap best Stern ever. 2 weeks later for sale. Well it just didn't do anything for me. Lol.

Yup just a sign of the times.

Buy a machine you never played based on hype and 3 pictures... get it home and realize you dont like it

Still hype it to the moon because you dont want price to tank.

Over time when the truth comes that game blows rush to sell it asap with "low plays" and tons of cool mods.

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Apparently the flow of games out of the factory has been slow and very sporadic because of parts issues.

What was the issue for the years before covid?

#740 2 years ago

Yup just a sign of the times.

I don't think that's the case. Its a get rid of it before it becomes to chipped or malfunctioning in some way that it will kill the resale value. Also many players get bored fast (me) I've sold games with in a couple months that I really enjoyed but it was time to go.

#741 2 years ago

Over time when the truth comes that game blows rush to sell it asap with "low plays" and tons of cool mods.

There are some pinball buyers that enjoy buying and modding games more than actually playing them, learning the strategy and nuance, etc. More power to them I guess? I'm not one of those.

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There are some pinball buyers that enjoy buying and modding games more than actually playing them, learning the strategy and nuance, etc. More power to them I guess? I'm not one of those.

I agree.....

#743 2 years ago

Buy a machine you never played based on hype and 3 pictures... get it home and realize you dont like it

Forgot ordering $600 if mods before the game is even in your possession.

#744 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I kind of get it when its your first game...when I got my first (and only, I swear!) game I was super excited...got the flyer, bought a rubber kit I didn't need, etc...

But by the time its your 10th $8,000 game you know you won't be keeping for more than a month, why are you still pouring hundreds of dollars of plastic dolls and alligator clips into these games?

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I kind of get it when its your first game...when I got my first (and only, I swear!)...

Absolutely; My TZ still has French Whore stuff on it.

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

its the same people who just buy based off the theme and art.

Outside of a shaker or PDI glass here and there I dont think I have ever added anything to a game.

Ya'll are a kooky bunch.

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I kind of get it when its your first game...when I got my first (and only, I swear!) game I was super excited...got the flyer, bought a rubber kit I didn't need, etc...
But by the time its your 10th $8,000 game you know you won't be keeping for more than a month, why are you still pouring hundreds of dollars of plastic dolls and alligator clips into these games?

I prefer to just skip the middle man and go right to installing plastic alligator dolls

#748 2 years ago

FFS, why don't we just go back to the days of only Stern making games and barely scraping by? Why does everyone have to pick a team and hate on the other manufacurers constantly? Not to mention hate on the people who enjoy different pins or enjoy pinball in different ways from themselves? What a waste of flipping time. We all (supposedly) love pinball. I wonder if some of the people on here even like pinball so much as they like trying to look like badasses on pinside. News flash... you're still all dorks.

#749 2 years ago

Mods on pins are kind of like fuzzy dice hung on the mirror or that suede plastic bobbleheaded dog that people put on the rear window shelf of their hot rod. Just a way of differentiation. Not a big fan of flashy mods, but I do enjoy a tastefully done tweek.
As an example of a mod I liked and bought was the wood laboratory table mod for Frank in MB. No flashy blinking lights, just a little touch of wood to enhance his "slab". I feel no need to "pile on" a ton of tin toys with an led shoved up it's ass in order to feel good about my machines. But tastefully done, mods do have their place.

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I wanted to love GnR but it just isn't coded in a way that has me coming back for more.

There are epic moments with Live and Let Die etc, but overall it's too much of a grind.

Do stuff again and again to start a song, and then collect a ton of patches to ramp up song jackpot.

If you like lots of thinking, strategy and slow build up's, then I get why it's a game for a lot of people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/15?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.