Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 8.12.44 AM (resized).png
IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2622 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 6 years ago

This is common with all of Classicarcades stuff......quality is bad! If you search on classicarcade (too late Atari Daze provided) the one thing you will find is complaints as to the products he sells. Appears he isn't concerned over the quality just the quantity in which he produces!

I wouldn't wait on him to respond .... open a dispute with ebay as you want to make sure you handle this within the 30 days as opposed to waiting!

2 years later
#41 4 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

I also learned that just because something has the bally/williams license doesn't mean quality

Exactly, Rick isn't concerned with the quality of the products people put out only that they pay the license to do so, for which you can't blame him.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

If true, that's BS! Licensing your product should mean more than just collecting a royalty. A licensed product should be an assurance that the product is in every way equal to the original.
As far as ClassicArcades, I recently purchased a Diner plastic on ebay where the color of the plastic was pretty far off from the original. More orange than the original dayglow type red color. I complained and Jeff was very good about contacting me and sending a replacement. The replacement still did not match the original plastic very well, but it was a bit closer than the previous version. However, its way better than nothing, so I'm happy I got it. Its a bit annoying, but I'll take 90% vs zero!

We'll have to disagree then as to me someone, in this case Jeff, is paying Rick to make and sell parts for Bally machines. Jeff is paying said license to legally sell parts. If Rick were to be the quality controller for all those that license parts from him he would need a team of people to do that.

Good to hear Jeff tried to help you out.

I look at Classicarcades as the aftermarket autoparts of pinball. Yeah the aftermarket parts will work but, usually, they dont last as long or look as good as the OEM part.

#47 4 years ago

Let us know how it works out for you!

2 years later
#84 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:I personally hold Rick @ PPS liable for this shit. Rick is the 1st one who sends out his bullshit C & D letters for everyone and anyone who makes a Bally/Williams parts without his permission. Quite frankly, if pressed with an attorney, a lot of Rick's tactics would be found to be illegal and/or harassment.

Not defending Rick but he's in the business of selling licenses and not Quality control. Say Rick went after people like Jeff and Mirco for quality and threaten to take their license away ... this also means Rick loses money. As long as people are willing to purchase products that are not of high quality nothing is going to happen, Way too many people have the "well at least someone is making it" mentality.

4 months later
#95 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Oops! what state is GS? Golden State?

Supposed to be GA. Simple mistake but agree for the

Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Still no reply for the topper that never arrived.

I bought from Jeff one time several years ago and found his quality very lacking thus I never ordered from him again. But, I don't recall Jeff being one to rip people off...just one for poor quality products. Has this changed?

4 months later
#131 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

For anybody out there that knows Rick, why does he not have a standard for who reproduces the products? Does he just not care and is only out there for the money? I know a couple vendors that make superior products but have told me he was very difficult to work with

I think the response to the same question in the Mirco thread from Rick works here as well. Just replace Mirco with Classic Arcade and playfield with your part and you'll have your answer......

Quoted from PPS:

I'm just being made aware of activity on this thread ... if anyone has an issue with Mirco with respect to WMS/BLY playfields, send me an email as to what the issue is (pics are a plus), timings (when purchased, when issue realized, etc), what communication has been with Mirco, and what the situation is, and I would discuss with him specific situations that are open. FYIW, we have been selling Mirco playfields and have had very few issues, I suspect due to the fact that often the playfields have had a long time to cure/harden (when that is the issue), clearly there are other issues with playfields, but I don't recall having had to bring to Mirco's attention anything since a long time.
Let me know at [email protected]
While there are sometimes good reasons for bad situations, nonetheless, it's a large purchase and although Mirco is financially responsible, we do have some influence on some of these matters.
Team PPS

6 months later
#143 5 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

How can they let these things go out the door like this!?
ebay.com link: itm
[quoted image]

Easy, all it takes is a seller and a licensor that doesn't care about quality to "let these things go out the door".

But what am I missing on this? I don't know BBBB so not seeing the issue.

#152 5 months ago
Quoted from Monk:

Take a look at the left ear and right eye.

TY I was completly fixed on the leg protector covering the artwork.

Wow that's pretty bad but you'll get the crowd to say "it's better than what I have".

After all these years the I in PINBALL is still not centered?

#157 5 months ago
Quoted from pindel:

Cleaner look and not needed since light shows through decal.

Not sure Jeff is that detail orientated but I don't think this is too much of an ordeal as one can leave it as is or they could easily take a X-acto knife and cleanly cut it out. Then place the original plastic cover into place.

2 weeks later
#233 4 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

ClassicArcades decal didn’t work out.

Not surprised to read this as when I looked at the decal in your picture it's a lucid vinyl decal with the lettering on it. I assume it resulted in a lot of air bubbles due to, and to your point, the cabinet is not a smooth surface.

JJP used black decals on their Hobbit machines. It didn't look bad as the black was pretty close to the same black paint the cabinet was painted with. However, it was a cheap decal and after time fell off the game.

1 month later
#238 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Ive just realized Classic Arcades has stolen every translite Ive made and has them listed on ebay for less than me. Im not a licensed seller but just a modder whos carved a niche and now its been stolen. Over 50 titles. I may sell some unlicensed stuff but I wouldnt steal directly from someone like this. Just a heads up to all, the files they have taken are only preview images that that 72dpi X roughly 8in H. The will have to add resolution to get it to full size and the file will degrade. I dont know what printer they use but I use an 8 color printer with a triple pass to make a really high quality print. Anyway, I saw this thread and just wanted it know that any translite they sell of my origin is going to be sub par and of ill gain.

I am seriously not trying to be rude here but you're upset that he stole from you what you stole from the license holder?

He has over 150 translits alone. What's the chances of any being licensed?

#242 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I get it man, I wouldn't steal direct like this from someone here or anywhere. I dont sell any factory art or even make direct knock offs. I know Ive stepped on some license toes but Ive always put out original compositions that some enthusiasts entrenched in this hobby enjoy as an option in lieu of an unattractive factory issue. As I said, Im not licensed. Im just a graphic designer who loves art and pinball and have found I fill a need. Ive made a lot of people happy over the years and it makes me feel good in turn. I'm just calling "foul" and letting people know they are offering a directly nicked lower rez and lower quality print.

Yeah I now see some of your work and to gdonovan point, I was unaware. Wasn't looking to start the typical Pinside battle so will leave it at that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-ebay-seller-classicarcades?tu=mesz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.