Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 8.12.44 AM (resized).png
IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2622 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cryptkeeperaus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 1 year ago

100% avoid this seller. Jeff sent a broken topper plastic. Said he would resend, delayed delayed and delayed until I had no recourse left after 90 days to dispute with Ebay.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

bumping an old thread,
Just finished a month and a half long exchange with "JEFF" where he sent me 2 of the right sling and 0 lefts.
Messaged him about it, he said he'd mail me the right piece the next day, and didn't.
Then when I messaged him again, ebay started a refund automatically (2x messages regarding "wrong item received" must auto start a refund).
JEFF tells me its now my fault that things are screwed up and I need to cancel my refund, which would put me in a situation where I cant request another refund, on top of that I cant see a "cancel refund" option anywhere in my ebay account anyway.
Wait 3 weeks for the refund to expire, message Jeff, he once again tells me how everything is my fault.
I'm a busy guy but I made a special trip to the post office to return the slings this morning, hopefully ebay processes the refund even though its past the deadline now.
At this point, even if I lose my $$ and the 2x right slings, I'm happy that my table wont be using sling plastics from JEFF/classicarcades because the quality of the two right (riddle me this batman, what is 2 times right, and incorrect at the same time) slings he sent were awful, bad print quality and the light diffusion looks awful compared to OEMs.
0/10, F-minus, will not be doing business with classicarcades on ebay ever again.

This is exactly what he did with me, delayed until there was no recourse via ebay. Scumbag. I played along, paitently and thinking he was a man of his word. More fool me.

Quoted from teekee:

Sorry to hear but definitely your fault. You should always dispute something like this with EBay or PayPal and let them handle it.

Still definetly my fault eh?

Quoted from teekee:

Sorry to hear but definitely your fault. You should always dispute something like this with EBay or PayPal and let them handle it.

Still definetly my fault eh?

Screenshot_20220705-184754_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220705-184754_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220705-184804_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220705-184804_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220705-184814_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220705-184814_eBay (resized).jpg
#60 1 year ago

In my case, If he didnt want to replace it he should have just said so instead of lying. Just be honest. I wish I knew the history before ordering.

What I received was already chipped and cracked from a drop within the bubble wrap. The box it arrived in was undamaged so I can only guess it was posted with the damage already present. The fact he was responsive and said he would replace it made me give him the benifit of the doubt.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yes, definitely your fault. Why didn't you turn it.over to Ebay? It would have gotten taken care of. Never wait... protect yourself by turning it over to EBay.

I get the feeling your being deliberately obtuse but on the off chance you're serious, familarisation with the term Fault may help you out here.

It was Jeff's "fault" it never arrived as he didn't post it.

This leads to the second word of the day. Fraud.

Jeff saved himself the financial cost of replacing the item by fraudulently claiming to the customer he has posted a replacement.

By your logic Teekee every purchaser on ebay should dispute a transaction when the seller says they have posted a replacement.

Screenshot_20220706-191356_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220706-191356_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220706-193255_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220706-193255_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#65 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Yes. eBay has a process in place to obtain a refund. You didn’t use it. Instead you depended on a seller of questionable reputation.

With the benifit of hindsight I 100% agree with you and teekee. I would have disputed this in a heartbeat, however, the fact I didn't know about this thread AND I assumed this guy was legitimate when he said a replacement had been posted doesn't make me AT FAULT.

A missed opportunity? Yes.. at fault? No

1 week later
#80 1 year ago

Does classicarcades have a store on here under another name? I would like to avoid them where possible. My replacement never arrived.

2 weeks later
#82 1 year ago

Lucky

#88 1 year ago

Who is Jeff from Classicarcades? He is the one that lied about sending a replacement until I had no recourse.

4 months later
#94 1 year ago

Still no reply for the topper that never arrived.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Supposed to be GA. Simple mistake but agree for the

I bought from Jeff one time several years ago and found his quality very lacking thus I never ordered from him again. But, I don't recall Jeff being one to rip people off...just one for poor quality products. Has this changed?

He was polite enough in messages. The topper arrived but was broken. Waited for a new batch to be made and then he said he sent it. Adter that he stopped replying to messages. Personally I think it was the fact I'm in Australia and I had paid about $40usd for shipping on the original one. Either way he stopped communicating after telling me he would provide the tracking number.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

I bought an Avengers LE (2012) playfield from him two weeks ago. He had 3 listed in stock. Upon purchasing he sent me a message saying it would be a wait because he has to wait for Stern to re-run them. Didn't smell right to me. Basically he was taking a $550 loan from me and holding the money past the 30 day recourse policy. Pretty sure I never would have seen the money or the playfield again if I hadn't immediately requested a refund.

That is exactly what happened to me with the topper. I had no recourse with Ebay as it had been too long waiting for him. Must be stall tactics. It's really disappointing.

1 month later
#116 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

...there's no secret. I was updating because I was really, really pleased and impressed receiving goods within 24 hrs of ordering yesterday and wanted to give a positive shout-out. I probably only live 100 miles away, but 24hrs is still a nice surprise. I have no relationship with vendor...I met him at a show for five minutes. My order yesterday was STTNG decals and sling plastics. Maybe they're easy things to get right; anyway both are good.
Yes, I can only speak from my limited experience. It's not proportional to the bad experiences shown on Pinside...but let's face it, Pinside isn't the happiest place on earth (I think it's either Finland or Disney World). I guess I did feel compelled to say something positive in the face of all this negativity about the business. Obviously, he wouldn't still be in business if he gave every customer a bad experience...so i can't be the only satisfied customer.
Anyway...lesson learned...say something nice and get wrath of pinside...I'll keep whatever positivity I have to myself from now on! (no I won't; you will never snub by niceness!!!!...really,theres not that much of it to begin with...my closest friend actually teases me as Mr Negativity, but he's never used Pinside as a barometer!!!).
Cheers everyone. Everyone get back to what you were doing!

You're right. I was very unhappy being sent a broken part and never getting a replacement at promised. Only difference for me is I paid for it to be shipped to Australia. Very costly, broken plastic that he said was being sent again. Lies from Jeff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 169.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 3.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 69.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cryptkeeperaus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-ebay-seller-classicarcades?tu=cryptkeeperaus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.