Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 8.12.44 AM (resized).png
IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2622 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 2 years ago

Yes I must agree they are not a color match..... but if you didn't have the originals right aside of you they would look fine .

Maybe not exactly what you wanted, but like someone said prior they do match the add.

#52 2 years ago

My experience with Classic Arcade Overlays was so bad I sent a formal complaint to the licensor and would recommend anyone do the same.

Look at this garbage. I sanded down an original Attack From Mars and managed a perfect installation of the overlay. Zoom in on this photo.

I could point out mismatched colors in a few places, but what kills me is THERE IS NO ART IN THE CITY INSERTS! No statue of Liberty, no Brandenberg Gate, No Eifel Tower. Mismatched colors is one thing but art missing completely?

You can't see if there are any issues until after it is installed.

Want a refund? Peel it off your ruined playfield and ship back the ruined sticker for a refund minus shipping.

Classic Arcades has ruined more pinball dreams than JPOP and Mueller at this point in time.

Classic Arcade Overlays2 (resized).jpgClassic Arcade Overlays2 (resized).jpg

Overlay 3 (resized).jpgOverlay 3 (resized).jpg

For those not familiar here is the art that was missing. From the faded original.

afm3 (resized).pngafm3 (resized).png
3 months later
#53 1 year ago

100% avoid this seller. Jeff sent a broken topper plastic. Said he would resend, delayed delayed and delayed until I had no recourse left after 90 days to dispute with Ebay.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

100% avoid this seller. Jeff sent a broken topper plastic. Said he would resend, delayed delayed and delayed until I had no recourse left after 90 days to dispute with Ebay.

Sorry to hear but definitely your fault. You should always dispute something like this with EBay or PayPal and let them handle it.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

bumping an old thread,
Just finished a month and a half long exchange with "JEFF" where he sent me 2 of the right sling and 0 lefts.
Messaged him about it, he said he'd mail me the right piece the next day, and didn't.
Then when I messaged him again, ebay started a refund automatically (2x messages regarding "wrong item received" must auto start a refund).
JEFF tells me its now my fault that things are screwed up and I need to cancel my refund, which would put me in a situation where I cant request another refund, on top of that I cant see a "cancel refund" option anywhere in my ebay account anyway.
Wait 3 weeks for the refund to expire, message Jeff, he once again tells me how everything is my fault.
I'm a busy guy but I made a special trip to the post office to return the slings this morning, hopefully ebay processes the refund even though its past the deadline now.
At this point, even if I lose my $$ and the 2x right slings, I'm happy that my table wont be using sling plastics from JEFF/classicarcades because the quality of the two right (riddle me this batman, what is 2 times right, and incorrect at the same time) slings he sent were awful, bad print quality and the light diffusion looks awful compared to OEMs.
0/10, F-minus, will not be doing business with classicarcades on ebay ever again.

This is exactly what he did with me, delayed until there was no recourse via ebay. Scumbag. I played along, paitently and thinking he was a man of his word. More fool me.

Quoted from teekee:

Sorry to hear but definitely your fault. You should always dispute something like this with EBay or PayPal and let them handle it.

Still definetly my fault eh?

Quoted from teekee:

Screenshot_20220705-184754_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220705-184754_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220705-184804_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220705-184804_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220705-184814_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220705-184814_eBay (resized).jpg
#56 1 year ago

Remember Rick at PPS said he was going to "have a talk" with Jeff at classic arcades or something along those lines. We all knew it was BS but I was really hoping it wasn't, just this one time.

#57 1 year ago

This seller is scum. I actually reached out to planetary pinball, the license holder after my last experience with them. I wish the license holder would let someone else make these products... with all the art.

#58 1 year ago

He's a shit dealer. Avoid.

#59 1 year ago

It’s amazing that Planetary allows this to continue. He’s been hangin around forever. I got burned twice on Apron graphics for Bobby Orr and Paragon. Save your money. Find an alternative.

#60 1 year ago

In my case, If he didnt want to replace it he should have just said so instead of lying. Just be honest. I wish I knew the history before ordering.

What I received was already chipped and cracked from a drop within the bubble wrap. The box it arrived in was undamaged so I can only guess it was posted with the damage already present. The fact he was responsive and said he would replace it made me give him the benifit of the doubt.

#61 1 year ago

This is exactly what he did with me, delayed until there was no recourse via ebay. Scumbag. I played along, paitently and thinking he was a man of his word. More fool me.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, definitely your fault. Why didn't you turn it.over to Ebay? It would have gotten taken care of. Never wait... protect yourself by turning it over to EBay.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yes, definitely your fault. Why didn't you turn it.over to Ebay? It would have gotten taken care of. Never wait... protect yourself by turning it over to EBay.

I get the feeling your being deliberately obtuse but on the off chance you're serious, familarisation with the term Fault may help you out here.

It was Jeff's "fault" it never arrived as he didn't post it.

This leads to the second word of the day. Fraud.

Jeff saved himself the financial cost of replacing the item by fraudulently claiming to the customer he has posted a replacement.

By your logic Teekee every purchaser on ebay should dispute a transaction when the seller says they have posted a replacement.

Screenshot_20220706-191356_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220706-191356_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220706-193255_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220706-193255_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#63 1 year ago

The sheer amount of trash in this hobby is pretty astounding.

#64 1 year ago

Yes. eBay has a process in place to obtain a refund. You didn’t use it. Instead you depended on a seller of questionable reputation.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Yes. eBay has a process in place to obtain a refund. You didn’t use it. Instead you depended on a seller of questionable reputation.

With the benifit of hindsight I 100% agree with you and teekee. I would have disputed this in a heartbeat, however, the fact I didn't know about this thread AND I assumed this guy was legitimate when he said a replacement had been posted doesn't make me AT FAULT.

A missed opportunity? Yes.. at fault? No

#66 1 year ago

I am sorry for your issues Crypt. Unfortunately you have to research everyone you buy from and that goes for everything you buy online. Even things not pinball related. There are plenty of people out there who will sleep just fine at night after taking your money. The rise of the internet made it easier than ever to take peoples money, but it also made it easier for someone to buy something across the world and that is a really awesome thing. Just be careful and do the best you can to know who you are buying from.

#67 1 year ago

With the benifit of hindsight I 100% agree with you and teekee. I would have disputed this in a heartbeat, however, the fact I didn't know about this thread AND I assumed this guy was legitimate when he said a replacement had been posted doesn't make me AT FAULT.
A missed opportunity? Yes.. at fault? No

You just haven't been burned enough to be as cynical as I am. That's probably a good thing.
I'm sorry you got ripped off this time.

My expectations now are when there is a problem I give the seller one opportunity and a deadline to fix it. If I don't have a satisfactory solution with tracking number by the deadline I dispute the transaction.

I have better things to do than go back and forth with vendors. I have outrage to express online, dammit! Opinions to share!

#68 1 year ago

Why don’t we all buy stuff from this scammer and dispute it with ebay?

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Why don’t we all buy stuff from this scammer and dispute it with ebay?

Because sometimes E-bay sides with the seller

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

No they don't. NEVER seen this. Let's see even one example. I had a buyer admit in an eBay message they damaged an item and returned it and eBay sided with them.

Joe

#71 1 year ago

EDIT

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Yeah ebay RARELY sides with the seller. I mean verrrrry rarely. Sellers get screwed all the time. Its a two way street for sure. For every bad seller theres probably 5 bad buyers and you have no power to defend yourself against them as a seller. You make a sale, spend time packing up your item nicely, pay to ship it out, then seller makes up some BS story about why he's not happy with it and you're stuck paying for shipping it back to you (hopefully they don't half ass packing it up or have damaged it since taking possession) and then repeating the whole process over. As a seller, its extremely nice that if the buyer has a legitimate gripe, that they come to you first to see if you can offer them a solution to make it right rather than going straight to ebay. I can't knock someone for that. What is slimey though is giving them the run around until they are completely powerless to do anything about it via ebay. Ultimately, its the bad sellers that ruin it for the good sellers. Classic Arcades is well known for their poor quality products and even worse customer service. The fact that the license holder has let them get away with what they do for years and years (Are you listening Rick? PPS ) is unacceptable. Classic Arcades isn't like Mike over at Mad Amusements who is just a guy who happens to have parts and rips people off, they are an official seller of licensed merchandise who rip people off and make garbage quality products with said license.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah ebay RARELY sides with the seller. I mean verrrrry rarely. Sellers get screwed all the time. Its a two way street for sure. For every bad seller theres probably 5 bad buyers and you have no power to defend yourself against them as a seller. You make a sale, spend time packing up your item nicely, pay to ship it out, then seller makes up some BS story about why he's not happy with it and you're stuck paying for shipping it back to you (hopefully they don't half ass packing it up or have damaged it since taking possession) and then repeating the whole process over. As a seller, its extremely nice that if the buyer has a legitimate gripe, that they come to you first to see if you can offer them a solution to make it right rather than going straight to ebay. I can't knock someone for that. What is slimey though is giving them the run around until they are completely powerless to do anything about it via ebay. Ultimately, its the bad sellers that ruin it for the good sellers. Classic Arcades is well known for their poor quality products and even worse customer service. The fact that the license holder has let them get away with what they do for years and years (Are you listening Rick? PPS ) is unacceptable. Classic Arcades isn't like Mike over at Mad Amusements who is just a guy who happens to have parts and rips people off, they are an official seller of licensed merchandise who rip people off and make garbage quality products with said license.

My main issue with them is not them being a crappy seller (which they are), it is that they are producing an inferior product when other companies could produce quality product.

I have a beautiful fully restored Flash Gordon. The playfield was "saved" by a Classic Arcades overlay, as it was the only product available at the time. My meticulously restored game had an overlay installed over the art and then was coated with 8 coats of clear done beautifully by a previous owner. Now my playfield looks gorgeous, but Classic Arcades did not put all of the art on the overlay they provided. I have no numbers on many of the inserts for example.

The one playfield swap I did was on an original Attack from Mars. I ordered the overlay, and after it showed I stripped and sanded down my playfield. I then spent hours meticulously applying the overlay and cutting it out only to discover that it too was missing art. No statue of liberty and no Eifel tower, mismatched colors, poor fit. You cannot tell if your overlay has any issues until peeling the backing, at which time you already have to have the playfield fully prepped. They refused a refund, I left negative feedback (which they removed), had to go through my credit card for a chargeback, and spoke with some marketing guys at Planeteray Pinball, wrote emails, and actually typed up a note with printed photos addressed to the owner of Planetary.

Classic Arcades is simply making the pinball community worse, and is actively reducing the quality of vintage machines.

They are up there with Heighway Pinball and Deeproot in terms of being bad for the pinball community. I cannot recommend against them enough.

#74 1 year ago

At what point does a seller go from a guy that just has poor business practices….. to a guy that is scamming people with support from licensors and pinball platforms?
Is it percentage of complaints, how he handles the complaints? You know how this goes. I bought X from so and so and I didn’t have any problems and it was great.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

At what point does a seller go from a guy that just has poor business practices….. to a guy that is scamming people with support from licensors and pinball platforms?
Is it percentage of complaints, how he handles the complaints? You know how this goes. I bought X from so and so and I didn’t have any problems and it was great.

At what point do you justify the actions of a seller that has poor business practices? Let me try to help you - you don't.

#76 1 year ago

Who licenses WMS to planetary — Scientific Systems? Something like that.

Maybe writing to their licensing department (and cc PPS) would get somewhere. I would think they’d be interested in poor quality under the Williams name.

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

Who licenses WMS to planetary — Scientific Systems? Something like that.
Maybe writing to their licensing department (and cc PPS) would get somewhere. I would think they’d be interested in poor quality under the Williams name.

Scientific Games Corp.

#78 1 year ago

Id also avoid him/them. I had ordered a protector for my boat on Fish Tales. Had it on all of a couple of weeks and it broke along with the boat plastic ‍♂️ Not sure what kind of acrylic/plastic he is using, but its obviously not the right stuff (for protectors anyways). Ive never had any of the other brands Ive used break.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from wombat:

At what point do you justify the actions of a seller that has poor business practices? Let me help try to you - you don't.

I agree fully. Let me be more clear for you, I’m Not a supporter or excuse maker. After all this time of repeated problems I almost have given up that the people that make money off this will ever do anything.

#80 1 year ago

Does classicarcades have a store on here under another name? I would like to avoid them where possible. My replacement never arrived.

#81 1 year ago

Does classicarcades have a store on here under another name? I would like to avoid them where possible. My replacement never arrived.

No. Not on pinside.

2 weeks later
#82 1 year ago

Lucky

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Classic Arcades is well known for their poor quality products and even worse customer service. The fact that the license holder has let them get away with what they do for years and years (Are you listening Rick? PPS ) is unacceptable. Classic Arcades isn't like Mike over at Mad Amusements who is just a guy who happens to have parts and rips people off, they are an official seller of licensed merchandise who rip people off and make garbage quality products with said license.

I personally hold Rick @ PPS liable for this shit. Rick is the 1st one who sends out his bullshit C & D letters for everyone and anyone who makes a Bally/Williams parts without his permission. Quite frankly, if pressed with an attorney, a lot of Rick's tactics would be found to be illegal and/or harassment.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:I personally hold Rick @ PPS liable for this shit. Rick is the 1st one who sends out his bullshit C & D letters for everyone and anyone who makes a Bally/Williams parts without his permission. Quite frankly, if pressed with an attorney, a lot of Rick's tactics would be found to be illegal and/or harassment.

Not defending Rick but he's in the business of selling licenses and not Quality control. Say Rick went after people like Jeff and Mirco for quality and threaten to take their license away ... this also means Rick loses money. As long as people are willing to purchase products that are not of high quality nothing is going to happen, Way too many people have the "well at least someone is making it" mentality.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I personally hold Rick @ PPS liable for this shit. Rick is the 1st one who sends out his bullshit C & D letters for everyone and anyone who makes a Bally/Williams parts without his permission. Quite frankly, if pressed with an attorney, a lot of Rick's tactics would be found to be illegal and/or harassment.

Its so weird. If somebody posts a sticker they make with the W logo Rick is in there immediately, or at least in their PM's. "hey guys I'm selling non ghosting roms" and its like the bat signal went off and he swoops in immediately. Something like this though: crickets, always.

Quoted from meSz:

Not defending Rick but he's in the business of selling licenses and not Quality control. Say Rick went after people like Jeff and Mirco for quality and threaten to take their license away ... this also means Rick loses money. As long as people are willing to purchase products that are not of high quality nothing is going to happen, Way too many people have the "well at least someone is making it" mentality.

Oh I guess I didn't think of it that way. We wouldn't want poor Rick to lose money by not allowing companies to make garbage products and straight rip people off.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Oh I guess I didn't think of it that way. We wouldn't want poor Rick to lose money by not allowing companies to make garbage products and straight rip people off.

I tend to not purchase anything from Rick due to his lack of policing.

If you are going to sell a license, you stand with them.

Rick your name is on the line as well.

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its so weird. If somebody posts a sticker they make with the W logo Rick is in there immediately, or at least in their PM's. "hey guys I'm selling non ghosting roms" and its like the bat signal went off and he swoops in immediately. Something like this though: crickets, always.

I believe that Rick only cares about money, and not quality. It's very obvious from his actions over the past years.

#88 1 year ago

Who is Jeff from Classicarcades? He is the one that lied about sending a replacement until I had no recourse.

#89 1 year ago

Who is Jeff from Classicarcades? He is the one that lied about sending a replacement until I had no recourse.

You must be mistaken? Classic Arcades is a licensed re-seller of Bally/Williams through Planetary Pinball. Rick makes sure all of his licensees are legitimate people, making legitimate products.

Yeah, rub a fucking lamp. Sorry you got screwed by an asshole pulling a Mike Ducker.

#90 1 year ago

Sent this letter yesterday. Screaming into the void? Who knows. But I felt better when I dropped it in the mailbox.

(Edit - I hand-wrote the address on the envelope and hopefully got the state right! )

11581288-6D51-404F-84E1-900D054EB533 (resized).jpeg11581288-6D51-404F-84E1-900D054EB533 (resized).jpeg

#91 1 year ago

> A trademark licensor can be held liable for defective goods produced by their licensees.

> Therefore, PPS shares in the responsibility for damages caused by products on which their trademark appears.

> PPS bares liability even if they are not the manufacturer or may not be the retailer of the products.

> All entities that take part in production or marketing are strictly liable for any injuries resulting from such entity placing a defective good in the stream of commerce.

> This reasoning is based on an always-moving cost-benefit analysis that holds entities which benefit from the sale of defective products are responsible for the costs.

> The Lanham Act permits a trademark owner to license its trademark to a licensee that is a related company.

> The act defines a related company as "any person whose use of a mark is controlled by the owner of the mark with respect to the nature and quality of the goods or services on or in connection with which the mark is used."

> Under the Lanham Act, a trademark licensor cannot be completely uninvolved in the manufacturing or they risk forfeiture of the mark.

> If PPS declares they have “nothing to do with the goods” other than placing their trademark on the products then they have failed to exercise the mandated control over nature or quality.

(See Lanham Act § 45, 15 U.S.C. § 1127)

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMica:

If PPS declares they have “nothing to do with the goods” other than placing their trademark on the products then they have failed to exercise the mandated control over nature or quality.

This is the most damning statement made because PPS has clearly made it known that is/was their official stance.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

Sent this letter yesterday. Screaming into the void? Who knows. But I felt better when I dropped it in the mailbox.
(Edit - I hand-wrote the address on the envelope and hopefully got the state right! )
[quoted image]

Oops! what state is GS? Golden State?

No matter, I applaud your taking action.

3 months later
#94 1 year ago

Still no reply for the topper that never arrived.

#95 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Oops! what state is GS? Golden State?

Supposed to be GA. Simple mistake but agree for the

Still no reply for the topper that never arrived.

I bought from Jeff one time several years ago and found his quality very lacking thus I never ordered from him again. But, I don't recall Jeff being one to rip people off...just one for poor quality products. Has this changed?

#96 1 year ago

I just bought 2 plastics from Classic Arcades for my DE Simpsons. One was on Ebay, the other was from his website. I had no problems with the purchase and delivery was fast. The colors of the repros were slightly different from the broken plastics on my game, but is that because the repros are "off" or were my originals faded? Not really sure but the difference was pretty minor. All in all, a LOT better than the broken originals the game came with. I was happy with my purchase. YMMV.

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I just bought 2 plastics from Classic Arcades for my DE Simpsons. One was on Ebay, the other was from his website. I had no problems with the purchase and delivery was fast. The colors of the repros were slightly different from the broken plastics on my game, but is that because the repros are "off" or were my originals faded? Not really sure but the difference was pretty minor. All in all, a LOT better than the broken originals the game came with. I was happy with my purchase. YMMV.

His is off.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Supposed to be GA. Simple mistake but agree for the

I bought from Jeff one time several years ago and found his quality very lacking thus I never ordered from him again. But, I don't recall Jeff being one to rip people off...just one for poor quality products. Has this changed?

He was polite enough in messages. The topper arrived but was broken. Waited for a new batch to be made and then he said he sent it. Adter that he stopped replying to messages. Personally I think it was the fact I'm in Australia and I had paid about $40usd for shipping on the original one. Either way he stopped communicating after telling me he would provide the tracking number.

#99 1 year ago

I bought an Avengers LE (2012) playfield from him two weeks ago. He had 3 listed in stock. Upon purchasing he sent me a message saying it would be a wait because he has to wait for Stern to re-run them. Didn't smell right to me. Basically he was taking a $550 loan from me and holding the money past the 30 day recourse policy. Pretty sure I never would have seen the money or the playfield again if I hadn't immediately requested a refund.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

I bought an Avengers LE (2012) playfield from him two weeks ago. He had 3 listed in stock. Upon purchasing he sent me a message saying it would be a wait because he has to wait for Stern to re-run them. Didn't smell right to me. Basically he was taking a $550 loan from me and holding the money past the 30 day recourse policy. Pretty sure I never would have seen the money or the playfield again if I hadn't immediately requested a refund.

Stern is re-running Avengers playfields?!?!?!

Yeah, I can't imagine a universe where that is happening. If Classic is really telling people things like that, it seems unwise for anybody to send them money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
$ 169.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-ebay-seller-classicarcades/page/2?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.