Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bacon (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9229 (resized).JPG
    20190129_064237 (resized).jpg
    20190129_063905 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4324 (resized).JPG
    esferttyjkh (resized).jpg
    sdghtfty56y54 (resized).jpg
    A09F08DC-A9F4-4094-939A-3776B7D56F0E (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    4DAED6F5-61EF-47E7-B580-654ED19A838B (resized).jpeg
    CF1DC8D5-1FC9-43EA-8931-561EDCF76553 (resized).jpeg
    C2AC0D33-D194-4129-8DB0-2B372C74BD6D (resized).jpeg

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Yuck, puke, gross...

And the people who grow them at home...such fools!

C2AC0D33-D194-4129-8DB0-2B372C74BD6D (resized).jpegC2AC0D33-D194-4129-8DB0-2B372C74BD6D (resized).jpeg
    #3 5 years ago

Guac/avacado gets old (turns brown) quickly. Straight fresh is good though.

#4 5 years ago

Remember what licking stamps used to taste like? Well,someone put it in fruit form...

#5 5 years ago

If you think Avocados are bad you should smell a Durian.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Guac/avacado gets old (turns brown) quickly. Straight fresh is good though.

Leave the seed in the quac and add some lime juice to preserve freshness. SB is coming!

Avacados are the bomb! Never ate one before and started eating them a year ago and with less carbs and went from 180 to 162 and cholesterol dropped 30 points. Superfood. And don’t get me started on Hemp and Chia seed.

I am the guy who brings a veggie platter during Pin get togethers. My friends get a kick out of it.

#7 5 years ago

Anything to do with pinbal ???

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

[quoted image]

OMG... those taste like garbage... literally, and if you burp after you've eaten them... the garbage taste/smell continues for like a whole day.

#9 5 years ago

He's just trying to lure someone back...

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trogdor:

Remember what licking stamps used to taste like? Well,someone put it in fruit form...

LOL

#12 5 years ago

Open ‘me up, mash ‘me up, get some chips and yum yum enjoy life with some walk-a-molee

#13 5 years ago

Make a batch of Thermionic’s “Muy Especial Salsa Verde con Aguacate” and you just might change your mind!

12 tomatillos
    4 serrano chilies (the salsa will be on the slightly hotter end of the spectrum but nowhere close to blowing your head off, however if you absolutely must you can cut back to 2-3 chilies but you won’t get the full flavor)
    1 avocado
    1/2 medium-sized white onion
    1/2 garlic clove
    1/2 cup (loosely packed) cilantro leaves
    1/4 tsp fresh-squeezed lime juice (NOT the battery acid imitation squirt bottle stuff!)
    kosher salt

Chop and blend everything except the avocado and salt until the mixture is consistent but still slightly chunky. Add the avocado and roughly 1/2 tsp kosher salt (+/- to taste) and blend some more until the consistency looks similar to the pic. Chill in the fridge and serve cold. Garnish with any combo of lime slices, fresh (not pickled) jalapeno slices, and cilantro if desired. I like it with chips, chicken and pork tamales and enchiladas, and just about any taco.

Buen provecho!

CF1DC8D5-1FC9-43EA-8931-561EDCF76553 (resized).jpegCF1DC8D5-1FC9-43EA-8931-561EDCF76553 (resized).jpeg

#14 5 years ago

Leaving the seed in is kind of an urban myth.
    Lime juice of course works.

#15 5 years ago

Man, I know people like different things and I’m supposed to accept it, but to hell with that in this case... you’re basically a monster and I don’t know how you can look at yourself in the mirror every day

#16 5 years ago

Leaving seed in means less browning as that area not exposed to air

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

you’re basically a monster and I don’t know how you can look at yourself in the mirror every day

I’m sorry but fondling these just makes me uncomfortable
    4DAED6F5-61EF-47E7-B580-654ED19A838B (resized).jpeg4DAED6F5-61EF-47E7-B580-654ED19A838B (resized).jpeg

#18 5 years ago

I know it sounds crazy, but an avocado shake at a Vietnamese restaurant is sublime!

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Leaving the seed in is kind of an urban myth.
    Lime juice of course works.

Seeds definitely contribute to the heat, but I do remove them because some people don’t like to bite into them. (I grabbed that pic from an image search; it looks exactly like what I make except for the seeds and lack of cilantro garnish.)

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I’m sorry but caressing these just makes me uncomfortable [quoted image]

OK, caress this instead, problem solved!

A09F08DC-A9F4-4094-939A-3776B7D56F0E (resized).jpegA09F08DC-A9F4-4094-939A-3776B7D56F0E (resized).jpeg
    #21 5 years ago

Now a kitchen wit Avocado decor and appliances, yes.....

esferttyjkh (resized).jpgesferttyjkh (resized).jpgsdghtfty56y54 (resized).jpgsdghtfty56y54 (resized).jpg
    #22 5 years ago
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #23 5 years ago

I have an avocado tree in my backyard....Yippee!!
    IMG_4324 (resized).JPGIMG_4324 (resized).JPG

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

[quoted image]

Durian smells like gasoline & farts.

Avocados are great!

#25 5 years ago

I’m sorry but fondling these just makes me uncomfortable
    [quoted image]

When they're 5X the size your used to I'm sure it does...

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

Anything to do with pinbal ???

Yes. Use avocado oil to wax playfields.

Disclamer: Do NOT use avocados to wax your playfield. The above views expressed by me are in no way endorsed by pinside, any of its allied companies, or...in fact, me. All trademarks, company names, registered names, products, characters, mottos, logos, jingles and catchphrases used or cited in this work are the property of me and have only been mentioned and or used as cultural references to enhance the narrative and in no way were used to disparage or harm the owners and their companies. Don't try this at home.

#27 5 years ago

When I read the title I thought this was going to be a thread about the new Deadpool pin....

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Durian smells like gasoline and farts.

I always thought it smelled like the dumpster behind a Red Lobster on a hot summer's day.

If you can get past the gag reflex though, Durians actually taste quite good! Not at all like they smell. It's pretty incredible actually. Also, I think there's a genetic component to people's ability to determine what a durian smells like. Some love the way it smells, others hate it.

#29 5 years ago

This is a Reed avocado. It is ripe when soft, and will stay this color. Cut in half, and it will remain ripe for about a week in a fridge. While hass avocados look horrible after an hour, these Reeds, and Pinkerton avocados are much better tasting, and dont get funky like the commercial hass avocado. I buy mine at farmer's markets. Same type of fruit, avocado, but completely different in many ways. I cut open a hass and if not eaten right away, I throw the rest away. I keep a Pinkerton or Reed for close to week if not eaten right away. Try a Bacon avocado. Or Sir Prize avocado. Lots of different varieties. Most of these varieties were not commercial hits as the Reed confused people as its ripe when still green. It just gets soft when ripe. And tastes much better than hass or fuerte in my family's opinion. (And everyone else that I've taste tested with). First time I ever tasted one came from Odins house. Been addicted to Reeds and Pinkertons ever since. Just add salsa and everyone who has eaten the guac loves it. I make 2 different kinds of guac in a couple min. with herdes salsa and the mango peach salsa.

20190129_063905 (resized).jpg20190129_063905 (resized).jpg20190129_064237 (resized).jpg20190129_064237 (resized).jpg
    #30 5 years ago

It's ok....they don't like you much either....

#31 5 years ago

Cut in half, remove seed, put a little french dressing where the seed once was....then scoop out with spoon. Very good!

#32 5 years ago

My kid will eat avocados till she barfs. My mom found this out the hard way...

#33 5 years ago

My cat doesn’t like avocados.

#34 5 years ago

They make my esophagus swell up and I can’t breathe.........I hate avocados.

#35 5 years ago

Try being married to a Puerto Rican. They eat them like they're pears or apples. Blech!

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

I have an avocado tree in my backyard....Yippee!!
    [quoted image]

I have one in my backyard too. It was full of avocados back in early July, then we had a day where the temperature got up to over 115 degrees. Bye bye avacados.

The tree is just starting to get normal unburned leaves back.

#37 5 years ago

Durian smells like the liquid that pools in the bottom of a restaurant dumpster on a hot July. But it tastes awesome.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

My cat doesn’t like avocados.

I once heard that dogs can get sick of avocado, maybe cats too?

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

...maybe cats too?

Only if they're pussies.

Meow.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Only if they're pussies.
    Meow.

Lol
    You dawg!

#41 5 years ago

Are we realy discussing pussys and advocados now
    Gotta love pinside!

#42 5 years ago

Well they smell similar...

2 months later
    #44 4 years ago

I love making toast and putting smashed up avocados on them topped with a bit of fresh ground sea salt. Amazing!

#45 4 years ago

I eat a minimum of 1 avacado a day

#46 4 years ago

Yuck, puke, gross...
    And the people who grow them at home...such fools!
    [quoted image]

Wrong

#47 4 years ago

What the?! You haven’t tried avocado until you sliced it on top of some Tamago Kake Gohan. Life changer. Also where does the OP live? As much as I love Pure Michigan, it’s difficult to get a decent avocado without getting on a flight to Southern California.

https://localmilkblog.com/2017/11/tamago-kake-gohan.html

#48 4 years ago

Saying Avocados are disgusting is implying that they have flavor

#49 4 years ago

To me avocados are similar to eggs, both need a little bit of salt to bring out the flavor. Even then it's super subtle. It's more about the texture, which you either like or don't. I'd eat avocado on almost anything: chips, taco, burger, sandwich, eggs, etc.

#50 4 years ago

I Like guac and some green in my sushi.

Beyond that not interested.

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avocados-are-disgusting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.