(Topic ID: 328133)

Pinside, community build in the spirit of the original Norris 3 spinner design.

By vdojaq

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 417 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4e3afcf779d9a7ef3bba8451dc5e4dfc--waves-funny-friendship (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    3spinners.gif
    your-fired-trump-meme (resized).jpg
    321306880_5325447310893816_8383416183673696242_n.jpg
    3XCP.gif
    image (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221226-103746 (resized).png
    20221226_112002 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    AA37C45F-A8A3-4190-BA2C-7CE89BF298A1 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221225-213055 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 12.53.51 PM (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Also a bunch of unnamed people said dealing with Ice is one of the worst decisions you can make. so i'm gonna take that advice and hide behind it.

Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 12.53.51 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-12-25 at 12.53.51 PM (resized).png

#160 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dpirhana:

I offer the following, humbly, as a casual observer of this ongoing, gruesome, yet entertaining fiasco.
    If the so-called Ice was a Coach worth his salt he would get out to the mound and pull GWJ’s ass out of the game. GWJ showed up at the ballpark cocked and listless with a gut full of rancid meat. He’s got no fastball, and has been getting shelled for 7 innings. A real Coach would take the ball (The Parts) away from him, sending him to the showers where he could sit around the locker room bullshitting, drinking beer, and pounding his pud; then hand the ball (The Parts) to Avi to save the game.
    Avi gets the parts in hand and mates them with the new whitewood generously provided by Coach Heck - and the game goes on.
    GWJ can give Avi rubdowns as needed between innings.
    And Pinsiders (The Fans) are obviously willing to provide for any future expenses needed to complete the whitewood. After the whitewood is complete, well that’s the second game of a double header…worry about that tomorrow.
    But for now, if people put their egos aside everybody can share in a victory.
    The Coach has basically admitted GWJ just isn’t getting it done. He should have the strength of his convictions and go to the bullpen where he’s got a hot rookie prospect, and fan fave, warming up. Don’t throw in the towel, win the damn game, Coach!
    Or not.

Disagree. Avi is wise to steer clear of Mr. Ice. Lay down with dogs and you get fleas. Avi can have all the support he needs if he wants from the community.

#166 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

So you have no money, and no experience, and you're going to spend potentially the next 2+ years of your life working on a project that will rely on a steady stream of donations to be able to progress at every step of the way, and you don't actually understand how to do any of the steps yet.
    All so if you actually manage to finish you won't even own the design that all that effort went into.
    I don't believe you, or anyone egging you on, actually understands how much work is involved in making a complete pinball, and how many specialized skills it takes. And how much it costs. If you don't hire out a single aspect, and don't value your own time at all, expect to still spend $6-10k USD.
    Scott Danesi sold a bunch of his pins to finance Total Nuclear Annihilation. And he can program, do CAD, and electrical and mechanical engineering, wrote all his own music and did all the sound design so he didn't have to pay anyone for those things. It still took him two years to have the game people bought and he said he practically killed himself to do it.
    Seriously think about if this is what you want to embark on, and something you want to feel you have to commit to as people potentially send you thousands and thousands of dollars, either in cash outright or parts they expect you to use.
    All so you can make a game that's someone else's design that they intend to sell.

Lots of people do homebrews. If Avi wants to pursue it, he'll have the leg up of lots of support. He certainly should not do it out of a sense of obligation or because people are saying they'll help out. He should do it if he wants to. It sounds like he does.

#170 1 year ago

You're a good egg, Avi

#244 1 year ago

Happy Holidays.

#257 1 year ago

The multiverse of Jon Norris' 3 spinners design threads is strange and vast.

#337 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I have not had contact with Jon Norris since my computer fiasco.

New fiasco or losing your email account a few months ago?

#340 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

I'm sorry man harassing wasn't the right word to use. i just don't want to think about this, It depresses me out way to easily and way to fast.. The wood will be used eventually for something and finished eventually for something. That's all anyone should expect of me. Go ahead with your build if you decide you want to do it. Maybe Ben Heck would be generous enough to do two but talk to him, I don't want to put words in his mouth.

Good call, Avi. These threads have gotten wild the past 48 hours even by GWJ standards. Don't let any of this stuff be a burden to you. Work on whatever you want, if you want. Don't take anything from anyone unless you want. It was all supposed to be about fun and still should be. The fervor has taken on a life of its own. That's fine for whoever wants to do whatever. You're under zero obligation for anything.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aviroo-the-apprentice-build-of-the-original-norris-3-spinner-design?tu=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.