Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I'd like to get some rails and legs powder coated. I rather have it done locally to support the businesses around here. I've never had this done before and was curious what people pay for this service?

#2 9 years ago

Ask pinchroma.

#3 9 years ago

We have a guy here in Michigan that does great work. Prices are as follows:

Option 1 - 4 legs for $80
    Option 2 - 4 legs, side rails, and lockdown bar - $130
    Option 3 - everything in Option 2 plus the coin door for $160

#4 9 years ago

Mike, does that include removal of the black powder coat?

#5 9 years ago

Does that include prep? For example, do I just drop off the metal and pick it back up?

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Does that include prep? For example, do I just drop off the metal and pick it back up?

Most times the powder coater wants to prep the material themselves. Unless the material is in super bad shape the price usually includes that service.

#7 9 years ago

Option 3 in Canada is close to $400 bucks

#8 9 years ago

Thanks guys for the info. I really appreciate it. I've got a nice price range in mind now.

#9 9 years ago

or you can get Legs, side rails, lockdown bar, and hinges for $295 (parts included) Talk to Noah or go to virtuapin.net. He can do any color you want.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from huo:

Mike, does that include removal of the black powder coat?

Yes. I am bringing him a set of black Stern legs on Monday that will be a candy apple red metallic color when he's done. Total price is $80.

#11 9 years ago

why would you take powdercoated legs? just buy a set of raw steel ones. I'd think the cost would be less since they don't have to strip off the old shit.

#12 9 years ago

Call Marvin he has a local friend who does it.

#13 9 years ago

Everybody needs to shop around, powder coating has become pretty main stream and most place you can find more than one powder coating business. I have a guy here locally that charges $40 a set for legs, and that includes prepping the legs before coating. Also the price they charge gets cheaper the more sets you have done at the same time, of coarse that only applies if you are having them all coated in the same color. Start having things coated in multiple colors and the price goes up.

#14 9 years ago

My local powdercoating guy charges me $30.00 for a set of pinball legs

#15 9 years ago

I tried him twice with no reply. I'm guessing he's busy or doesn't want to deal with my stuff.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why would you take powdercoated legs? just buy a set of raw steel ones. I'd think the cost would be less since they don't have to strip off the old shit.

I would usually agree but I have an entire set of armor just sitting here. Leaving it to rust just doesn't seem right, I could turn it into a great set for my POTC without taking the machine down.

I'm looking for someone as well here in Illinois.

#16 9 years ago

I found a local high end shop that will do any amount of stuff (wireforms, rails, coin door, etc...) for a single color for $250. This includes chem strip and blasting prep in advance.

I found a smaller local guy that says he would do it for about half that, so may try him for my next project.

I am yet to find anyone that come even remotely close to the quality of Alex/pinchroma, but seems he is always pretty busy and I wanted to not ship for my last project.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This is an extra set I have laying around. Why would I buy another set in raw steel when I already have an extra set at the house in black? Should I save the black set to include in the sale of all my games and parts in one lot for a ridiculous price? LOL

#18 9 years ago

All the powder coating on my Black attack cost me 125.00 locally

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/average-cost-of-powder-coating and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.